InfernaDeus

Great game, so little players.

On 9/4/2019 at 3:21 AM, Realist said:

Don’t worry once the wipe happens and the waves of Xbox players come in to save the day there will be plenty of people on all servers.

well on the off chance(won’t happen) that there isn’t a wipe you will see the numbers drop faster than ever and as you said there “will be so little players”. The ball is in their court and every minute they waste with silence just makes it worse

Till the Xbox players realize the game is shit like the rest of us PC players. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 7:36 AM, boomervoncannon said:

The recent dev livestream made it fairly apparent that despite this lack of content, the devs have not been working on new content for some time and instead are focused on the game's XBox release. Putting aside the questionable decision to launch a game on Xbox which failed hard on PC and that you haven't altered meaningfully since it's flop, ask yourself this as a player: Would I want to come back and invest my time in a game that has not measurably improved itself or added to it's extremely barebones (some have argued barely a game) release state in a year? Because by the time XBox is released, Atlas will very likely be a year out from it's initial EA launch or close enough that it makes no matter. 

WOW,  there truly is no hope for this game.  The dev's have gone full retard if they think this hot mess is good enough for console.  Although they thought it was ok for PC also.  But to waste months porting to console is the stupidest thing I have heard them do to date.  Clearly a money grab, or just incompetent development. 

In order to make Atlas better, it has to be made faster.
Sailing takes too long to get anywhere - double ship speeds.
Harvesting without 2x is not done by most players, so just make 2x harvesting permanent.
Leveling ships takes too long; learn from Eve-Online, all ship hulls are the same, it's only the modules (cannons/planks/etc.) that should take time to upgrade and accumulate.
Not enough ship hulls; there have only been 3 useful ship hulls since launch.  Make more ship types.

The last Dev stream said they wanted to make the game more action, less monotany, the above way are the major ways to do it.  Faster travel, faster resource gathering, spend zero time leveling a ship.

Go Go Go!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, eeeceee said:

People get upset about people talking about wipes, because those people are trolls / joke characters like realist. Its just perception.

Why do you hope for a new wipe?

Just because things can't get worse?

No because if there won’t be a wipe, the amount of upset xbox players will go through the roof. Nice way to start that whole campaign. 

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

No because if there won’t be a wipe, the amount of upset xbox players will go through the roof. Nice way to start that whole campaign. 

I have to tell ya, whether Atlas succeeds or fails, I could give less than a fig about whether Xbox players get the crusts cut off of their sandwiches just the way mommy does for them. If they wanna give me that tired “I deserve the same clean slate you got” argument I will happily throw right back in their faces what a performance nightmare the game was on December 22 2018 and how  they only even have the option to play Atlas because of the money and time that me and folks like me put in from then to now that means wipe or no they will have a less of a dumpster fire to deal with when they walk in the door.

If the devs wipe they wipe, and having understood what I was getting into with an EA product, if they need a wipe for technical reasons I’m fine with it, but wiping just to placate the entirely self centered desires of prospective players at the expense of current ones, you can count me as being firmly against that notion. I have paid my pound of flesh to get to this point. Let them suck it up do likewise by enduring a slightly already populated game world.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I have to tell ya, whether Atlas succeeds or fails, I could give less than a fig about whether Xbox players get the crusts cut off of their sandwiches just the way mommy does for them. If they wanna give me that tired “I deserve the same clean slate you got” argument I will happily throw right back in their faces what a performance nightmare the game was on December 22 2018 and how  they only even have the option to play Atlas because of the money and time that me and folks like me put in from then to now that means wipe or no they will have a less of a dumpster fire to deal with when they walk in the door.

What is even going on?? Lol!! 🙂

2 hours ago, Percieval said:

Seems like you're saying that somehow being upset entitles people to something.

Reminds me of the theory that the last wipe occurred when the devs listened to the megas, and it didn't really help the game, so now lots of people don't play anymore.

This thread is about how there is such little players, and the OP is asking for a wipe, because they think that it will somehow magically give the game life, and add new players. It's just silly.

I mean, yeah, wow.

Here's the thing. I actually don't could give a fig less than a crust from my flying bred 100% imprint lvl 123 crow that I don't even really care about which is sad because I should loooove any crusty figs from my crows whether or not there is a wipe. I just want a good game. You fuckers wiping my bred animals just so you can think you are somewhat competitive in what is currently what could be easily argued to be a lame broken "imba" game...... lol. Ok. edit: if not competitive, and you fuckers don't care about competition, then here is your answer: there is plenty of room. Come play. It's not thattttt bad. We just need help to make the game better 🙂

Edited by eeeceee

2 hours ago, GlennFiddich said:

In order to make Atlas better, it has to be made faster.
Sailing takes too long to get anywhere - double ship speeds.
Harvesting without 2x is not done by most players, so just make 2x harvesting permanent.
Leveling ships takes too long; learn from Eve-Online, all ship hulls are the same, it's only the modules (cannons/planks/etc.) that should take time to upgrade and accumulate.
Not enough ship hulls; there have only been 3 useful ship hulls since launch.  Make more ship types.

The last Dev stream said they wanted to make the game more action, less monotany, the above way are the major ways to do it.  Faster travel, faster resource gathering, spend zero time leveling a ship.

Go Go Go!

Damn, those ship types.

It's so sad. They would've added more ship types by now if they could.

Someone just give the devs a billion dollars and a custom built engine etc please.

Edited by eeeceee

I'll be playing the xbox version on release and I hope there isn't a wipe. For one thing having companies I could join if I wanted to that are already established would be a bonus. Also it's good to have lots of inspiration around, ie ideas for buildings ships, bases etc. 

Option for no wipe.  Make all players max level.  This is EA after all and we are testing.  I lean towards no wipe, but if they decided to I would be ok with it. 

30 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

Make all players max level.  This is EA after all and we are testing.  

So they release without ever having tested the leveling progression and balance and player retention because everyone is max?   You can play on PTR or any unofficial if you prefer a faster pace.

3 hours ago, GlennFiddich said:

This never works.  In fact they already did this - the 2x is actually 4x.   

The reason it never works is that all MMOs use the 2x weekends to encourage people to get back into the game and catchup rather than going off to play the shiny new game.   It is a promotional activity specifically for player retention and acquisition.

So if they make the 2x permanent which is actually 4x, they will shortly thereafter starting doing new 2x weekends, which is actually 8x.   

And you will be here posting again about just make it permanent again.   Then the cycle repeats 16x, 32x, 64x....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, krazmuze said:

So they release without ever having tested the leveling progression and balance and player retention because everyone is max?   You can play on PTR or any unofficial if you prefer a faster pace.

Leveling progression and balance testing having been ongoing since December 22 2018. You can say that more is needed, but it is verifiably false that putting everyone at max would mean these things have never been tested prior to release.  Let's not pretend that the past 9 months didn't happen, tempting as that may be.

2 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

they only even have the option to play Atlas because of the money and time that me and folks like me put in from then to now that means wipe or no they will have a less of a dumpster fire to deal with when they walk in the door.

Well that isn’t true. The almost 4 years of arks development they would have easily burned through the pc money. 

In reality the only reason you have atlas in the first place is because of the huge extra surplus of money from ark going to console.

and to go even further, the only reason you will be able to continue playing atlas is because of the money that will be generated from the Xbox release of atlas.

consoles have basically made it possible for the creation of atlas and the continued life support of atlas. Pc sales didn’t really do much.

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Well that isn’t true. The almost 4 years of arks development they would have easily burned through the pc money. 

In reality the only reason you have atlas in the first place is because of the huge extra surplus of money from ark going to console.

and to go even further, the only reason you will be able to continue playing atlas is because of the money that will be generated from the Xbox release of atlas.

consoles have basically made it possible for the creation of atlas and the continued life support of atlas. Pc sales didn’t really do much.

Completely wrong. There is zero chance Atlas would be in the state it is today if all of the people who have already bought into it's testing had not been here. It's also impossible they would be able to offer to to Xbox release without the funds that EA support to date has provided. If, as you have posited, Xbox support financially is, or will be massive, then had they been able to go straight to Xbox, they most certainly would have. They did not, which means, by your own reasoning in the past, they could not, therefore no both counts Xbox would not be possible without the financial support and testing already done by PC players. 

Further what you've said here amounts to nonsense and I'm not going sit here and debate it with you.  My position boils down to this: your last post was hogwash, my position stands. Period. I dont care that you don't like the idea of me thumbing my nose at what console players want. I've never liked your selfishness in the way you've insisted how things must be for the sake of people who have yet to play a minute of the game. I'm not going to go around and around with you second time on this, you're simply wrong and talking out of the wrong end on this one.

I will add only this reference to refute your nonsense assertion that the bulk of Ark revenue comes from console. It is wholly inconsistent with the facts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ark:_Survival_Evolved#Sales

Note in the sales section of Ark's wikipedia entry that the game has sold approximately 5.5 million copies total, with only 1.5 million of those being Xbox sales, thus windows sales at 3 million are a 2 to 1 ratio over console. The article further notes that Ark sold a million copies within a month of it's steam release. That's a million copies in a month to 1.5 million ever on console. Drop your ridiculous notion that console is somehow the greater financial supporter of either game in any way shape or form.

It is factually wrong.

Edited by boomervoncannon

1 hour ago, krazmuze said:

We've been doing it for months now.  We know its broken.  The data has been sent to the devs by multiple people.  Mods are being developed that fix this and has also been submitted. 

I am less concerned about that now and more concerned about integrating console players. 

The weird thing is I'll be able to invite my own xbox character to join my  pc characters new company. good to have you aboard Arn, you too Arn.... Hmm and how weird will it get if they enable players to have children in the game? I could be my own mum and dad...!!!! Still they could introduce a debuff  for doing that.

Edited by Whitehawk

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

I will add only this reference to refute your nonsense assertion that the bulk of Ark revenue comes from console. It is wholly inconsistent with the facts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ark:_Survival_Evolved#Sales

Note in the sales section of Ark's wikipedia entry that the game has sold approximately 5.5 million copies total, with only 1.5 million of those being Xbox sales, thus windows sales at 3 million are a 2 to 1 ratio over console. The article further notes that Ark sold a million copies within a month of it's steam release. That's a million copies in a month to 1.5 million ever on console. Drop your ridiculous notion that console is somehow the greater financial supporter of either game in any way shape or form.

It is factually wrong.

Those numbers are wrong ark sold over 12 million copies. You can think my opinion is hogwash just like I think yours is. 

Edit: btw console includes ps4 and Nintendo switch. So “console” numbers dwarf pc numbers by a far amount

Edited by Realist

47 minutes ago, Realist said:

Those numbers are wrong ark sold over 12 million copies. You can think my opinion is hogwash just like I think yours is. 

Edit: btw console includes ps4 and Nintendo switch. So “console” numbers dwarf pc numbers by a far amount

LoL, the hogwash is what you write, that article doesn't mention consoles at all just sales between windows and xbox.

But yes those other platforms are consoles, not that has anything to do with the linked article.

2 hours ago, Realist said:

I refer you to my previous statement. I will not be going around in a circle on this. You have cited nothing. Until you do your statements are wind. Regardless I still don’t care. Wanting others wiped for no other reason than you think you deserve it is selfish. There is absolutely nothing you can say that would convince me otherwise, do not bother trying.

When I first joined WOW I got my but kicked if I stumbled into a pvp zone. No I didn't think it was totally fair, but I didn't go running to the Devs in tears asking everyone to be zero levelled so I could have an easier game. Actually what I did do is join a slightly bonkers company and later we went and kicked the enemies large behinds. 

3 hours ago, Realist said:

The numbers give the correct story but are out of date....

The last time we knew the actual split of sales was in August 2017 at that time they were:

6.5M PC

1.5M Xbox

1M Playstation 4

Since that time depending on the source you find they have either sold an addition 1M copies for a total of 10M total and only one source I could find put them at 12M.

Regardless if its 1 or 3 Milllion net chance since we knew the split Unless all of the copies have been on console since then Boomer is very right PC is the Lion's Share!!!

4 hours ago, Realist said:

Hahahahaha. Thank you for the laugh, dear troll character.

So, not ignoring Boomer's post (the entirety of the post, not just cherry picking the bits that show that you're a joke character) he has stated there is 3 million copies sold on PC, 2 million on xbob. So, PS4 and switch sold 7 million between them?

So, to ignore everybody's posts prior to this one, lets now talk about sales numbers and just ignore everything that isn't conveniently easy to use in a way that will further your joke character agenda.

Edited by eeeceee

20 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

The numbers give the correct story but are out of date....

The last time we knew the actual split of sales was in August 2017 at that time they were:

6.5M PC

1.5M Xbox

1M Playstation 4

Since that time depending on the source you find they have either sold an addition 1M copies for a total of 10M total and only one source I could find put them at 12M.

Regardless if its 1 or 3 Milllion net chance since we knew the split Unless all of the copies have been on console since then Boomer is very right PC is the Lion's Share!!!

Ty for providing more current information. I was only willing to make a cursory search to refute a bogus point in a debate I’m uninterested in rehashing with him.

2 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

I refer you to my previous statement. I will not be going around in a circle on this. You have cited nothing. Until you do your statements are wind. Regardless I still don’t care. Wanting others wiped for no other reason than you think you deserve it is selfish. There is absolutely nothing you can say that would convince me otherwise, do not bother trying.

Said the guy that quoted wiki. A source that no reputable college would accept.

nah, you only think I am selfish. I want it wiped because I know if it doesn’t the game will fail. You already said if it fails it fails. I don’t even have that outlook. I want it to succeed with any means necessary. No not technical.

ok, I won’t bother. Just know it’s happening