Sign in to follow this  
Konvar

Answer to: New ATLAS Road Map

3 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

Oh! I wish I could trust your words. :classic_biggrin:

That's the problem with trolls. They don't actually mean anything they say, they are just fishing for reactions. 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

I knew it... you always sounded like a PVE Bob with your demands...

Don't wait too long to buy it... you might be 100yds behind the other XBOX Bobs if you wait too long...🤣

I have been noticing the past couple weeks that the word bob is becoming very overly used and pretty trendy.

what are you trying to say about pve players?

I read the roadmap and all I could think about is ‘but how are you gonna fix the lag?’. I mean, I am all up for sea battles or invasions but if it lags as hell then what are we suppose to do. It ain’t fun in any way. 

Not to mention the xbox plebs that can’t reach higher than 60 already and their FPS will probably go negative when doing any kind of naval attack. 

2 hours ago, Realist said:

I have been noticing the past couple weeks that the word bob is becoming very overly used and pretty trendy.

what are you trying to say about pve players?

- you played ARK and dont know what a Bob is? - telling...
- look in a mirror or read all the stuff you said you will do when you get online...

• Haha 1

As far as XBox tie in goes, I imagine that is up to GS and how they deal with the advertising.  Somebody around here had mentioned that MMO advertising budget is a substantial amount of the cost to create one (might of been Boomer.)  I don't feel like researching it so I'm just gonna go with it.  I know GS has said that the release into PC EA was a complete surprise with the number of players.  Partially why it was such a mess.  It is why there are 4 freeport islands in each grid,  There was originally one island and it was overwhelmed with new players.  Streamers were pushing the game pretty hard as well.  I heard GS was paying them to stream. 

My point is if GS puts out a new fancy XBox video (They are pretty good at those videos.), gets some of the more popular XBox streamers going (They have those, right?), does a bit of advertising where ever XBox people go and they could end up with a decent amount of new players sales.  Seems silly to me as the game is still in EA and I would think they would save for the real release, but, what do I know.   Sales are sales.

Haha, I think you spotted a bob.

Incoming dumb downed graphics, gameplay, and overall quality nerfs to allow for xbobs.

Hooray.

Edited by eeeceee

Nobody doubts their ability to cashgrab and scam the sheeple. All it does is put them right back here with an even bigger base of people out in the world bad mouthing their product. If the same BS is tried again that they did with the Steam release, how would the end result be any different. The thing with b2p games is after that initial cash glut from launch, you need community helping promote your game, not actively killing it. That way you get a stready trickle of new players over time. This hasn't happened for them with Steam, and sure as hell won't happen with a probable bigger price point on Xbone. You can hope the staff at least have been networking and will land on their feet with new jobs when the "sorry, we tried, but it just isn't sustainable!" rolls in. Jat showing up for an interview in his pirate cap for another job in the industry is the thing memes are born of.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, eeeceee said:

Haha, I think you spotted a bob.

Incoming dumb downed graphics, gameplay, and overall quality nerfs to allow for xbobs.

Hooray.

I dont think anyone mentioned anything about dumbing it down in any way for PC players. Perhaps there will be a graphics cap for the console kids,  but again, speculation at best. 

Oh wait, realist prolly screamed about something like this. Lets not put faith in what trolls say, especially the ones you know are ignorant.

8 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

I dont think anyone mentioned anything about dumbing it down in any way for PC players. Perhaps there will be a graphics cap for the console kids,  but again, speculation at best. 

Oh wait, realist prolly screamed about something like this. Lets not put faith in what trolls say, especially the ones you know are ignorant.

Lol, realist saying that gameplay will be nerfed when on xbox?

Yeah, sorry, that post of mine there was a bit stupid really. Very juvenile haha, was only half thinking and was trying to be a smart ass about how ignorant people get things that are crappy.

The reason my post there was also so so shit is something happened that just got me, after the console release of ark there was a marker added on the map for your player position. I think I've read that the player position wasn't on the map as a design choice, and I also just enjoyed navigating using GPS or the old fashioned way with landmarks and the map. I remember other few nerf-like things happening, I think possibly render range nerf, but I thought ps4 ark was great for what it was, and apparently the xbox version was even better.