Sign in to follow this  
Konvar

Answer to: New ATLAS Road Map

Played the weekend on PVP:classic_sad:

On the first day I made a sloop. Two cells sailed. Found a place for the base.

The second day - there is nothing. They stole the ship, they killed me.

New XBox players will not like it very much.

Make new players invulnerable for 3 to 5 days?

Or did you solve this issue:

The Mega Update and Xbox Launch
  • We’ll be working on bringing day one Keyboard and Mouse support for the game, otherwise, it’ll arrive shortly thereafter.

Disconnect PC PVP players for a couple of days?😉

Edited by Konvar

That is about keyboard and mouse support for XBone players. They won't cater to new players at a launch. If they decide not to wipe those servers, there are going to be many, many salty nublet tears in the ocean. Which they don't care about because you bought an early access game with no possibility of refund. Gotta love b2p ea. They don't have to make you happy beyond shiny wrapper to make you drop the cash. Also because they know if they tried to make it a sub-based game people would laugh at them as they uninstalled.

There does not need to be a wipe, just because some new players bought the game...
Think about it - pleeeease do think -

You say if the XBOXers buy the game there has to be a wipe, because yada yada equal start for everyone...
And what about the guys that buy it on day two or week two or month two?
Hell what about the poor guys that right today buy the Steam version? Should they not also be entitled to have their own personal wipe just so they also start at the same time as everyone else...? Would online be fair, right? Social Gaming Justice Affirmative Action...? Or not?
At what point would you go from XBOX customer deserving a wipe to XBOX customer that just so happens to buy the game and enter into a existing server?

And anyway, what will happen when XBOX gets a wipe for Crossplay... when the first XBOX Bob reaches the his first claimable island in his ramshackle sloop he took a good day to get going, he will be greeted by the PC players that started at the same time, but knew what to do and where to go... with Brigs and tames and carved out islands, protected harbors, etc...

The XBOX guys will be late to the party every time... So it makes no difference and they are no more better than anyone starting to play on Steam today...

At current rate when the XBOX guys enter there will be not much left of the Steam guys... as those Bobs thought there would be a wipe now (and 2-3 later another one for XBOX) and wiped their own base or are right no going suicidal and wipe everyone until they get wiped...
Until XBOX most of the island will be empty anyway... and the left behind Steam Bobs will be very nice to the XBOX Bobs and help them out so they get settlers and company members... those XBOX Bobs will get a head start and get training to enjoy the game faster...

You should be more concerned for the XBOX Bobs that when they join, they will be stuck with us with the same land PVP imbalance that killed of >90% of the player base... and no wipe will help about that...

Has anyone stopped to think that the number of Xbox players who buy the game might actually be low due to what they may have read on these forums? They might not want to buy a game that is having such big issues.

37 minutes ago, AntonyVW said:

Has anyone stopped to think that the number of Xbox players who buy the game might actually be low due to what they may have read on these forums? They might not want to buy a game that is having such big issues.

well on sea of thieves the population in that game when I played it was 85% xbox and 15% pc players and they also did crossplay, but I have no clue how many people will be playing this game after the next maga launch with the xbobs. if I had to guess I would put the population around 25k after a month or so. anyone think any different?

Even if there were a wipe to let all People Start from scratch,the People Who played before will still greet the xbox player on their Raft at their island with a mythical galleon kinda. I mean the expirience pc Players have now is the biggest difference between xbox And pc right now.

8 minutes ago, zottel said:

Even if there were a wipe to let all People Start from scratch,the People Who played before will still greet the xbox player on their Raft at their island with a mythical galleon kinda. I mean the expirience pc Players have now is the biggest difference between xbox And pc right now.

not only that but the fps will be big diffrence, for the most part when any xbox guy sees a pc player death will follow very shortly for the poor little xbob

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Konvar said:

New XBox players will not like it very much.

Didn't you see how excited Jesse was???!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Some of you are complaining about stuff that occurs every game.  Yes, those who played before have the leg up on those who haven't.  There Is talk among those of us who are active still to not go after new joins for a few weeks come launch.  I would like to see new joins have the option to keep an invulnerability buff up for at least two weeks which can be removed at anytime by the company leader. Eventually I see the Xbox community dwarfing the pc players what that means or foreshadows is anyone's guess.  This game isn't hard but you can't play this game solo, I mean sure you can but you stand no chance at all.  I would like to see solo players who join a certain area of the map to auto join a default company.  There is no need to fight over  resources building stuff etc. on the first day.  But this will give people a better chance to maybe splinter off and get there own companies of reasonable size to acquire a small piece of the world.

This game isn't hard its about teamwork its about getting a base setup and defended w/ NPC/pc's. Pool your resources, start taming the highest level creatures around, collect and do maps so you can build the higher level ships, make friends to those players in the same grid.  Make sure you have a healthy size population for your company. Don't sail around solo sure 1v1's are  nice but why waste your time when you can have friends helping you out so you don't keep constantly building new ships.  Level your ships and find the latest meta on what the best builds are.  Have fun, don't get personal and don't be a racist when it comes to dealing with people who don't speak your language.  I am an American player who joined up with a Chinese company.  Not only is this situation beneficial we are able to have 24 hrs of coverage for the most part.

I'm looking forward to what's being mentioned in the upcoming changes to the game some stuff like pillar spamming are greatly needed.  So Is the fact that you can store your boat if you are offline.  Offline raiding while this may be fun for some this isn't pvp its griefing and doesn't do anything to help grow the community.

6 hours ago, AntonyVW said:

Each thread on this forum shows the number of views it's had, which includes the same players viewing it more than once. Look at the numbers. If Xbox players are reading these forums ahead of time Realist excepted, it's not very many of them. Xbox player might plausibly get a bad impression from other info sources, but there just isn't enough activity here in views for that to be a big factor.

2 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Each thread on this forum shows the number of views it's had, which includes the same players viewing it more than once. Look at the numbers. If Xbox players are reading these forums ahead of time Realist excepted, it's not very many of them. Xbox player might plausibly get a bad impression from other info sources, but there just isn't enough activity here in views for that to be a big factor.

That's more than likely true. But as another thread points out this forum is not the only place to get info. Particularly if you use Twitter and discord & steam etc. However unless the xbox players read any of them, they are limited to the xbox forums. I wonder what Realist has been saying on there?

50 minutes ago, AntonyVW said:

That's more than likely true. But as another thread points out this forum is not the only place to get info. Particularly if you use Twitter and discord & steam etc. However unless the xbox players read any of them, they are limited to the xbox forums. I wonder what Realist has been saying on there?

Guess the Same as here except Not many ppl Are Reading about a Game thats Not released yet.im just waiting for them to say there is no wipe And everyone that was so sure that there will be One will be pissed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AntonyVW said:

19 minutes ago, zottel said:

Guess the Same as here except Not many ppl Are Reading about a Game thats Not released yet.im just waiting for them to say there is no wipe And everyone that was so sure that there will be One will be pissed 

Oh I am a lot worse on both twitter and reddit, mainly because it is less restrictive with less rules.

i still can’t believe some people still think the wipe isn't going to happen. It is definitely going to happen.

side note, man I left for Cancun for a week and there are only 2k people now. The Xbox release as well as the wipe isn’t coming for at least another month, but more than likely two months. I am still pretty sure it will be November.

Edited by Realist

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Oh I am a lot worse on both twitter and reddit, mainly because it is less restrictive with less rules.

i still can’t believe some people don’t think the wipe isn't going to happen. It is definitely going to happen.

side note, man I left for Cancun for a week and there are only 2k people now. The Xbox release as well as the wipe isn’t coming for at least another month, but more than likely two months. I am still pretty sure it will be November.

oh you made it back without a Mexican cartel killing you nice how was cancun? btw I bet you 1000 in game gold it will October.

4 minutes ago, lordkhan4444 said:

oh you made it back without a Mexican cartel killing you nice how was cancun? btw I bet you 1000 in game gold it will October.

Most people don’t know that Cancún is one of the safer places in Mexico. The cartel owns a good amount of the hotels and businesses for money laundering and tourists bring in good legit money there so they keep Cancún safe. I probably won’t go anywhere else though 😂

Ok lordkhan, but you should know by now these guys are never on time. I know they want it to be October but that doesn’t mean it is going to be October lol

Edited by Realist

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

Most people don’t know that Cancún is one of the safer places in Mexico. The cartels a good amount of the hotels and businesses for money laundering and tourists bring in good legit money there so that keep Cancún safe. I probably won’t go anywhere else though 😂

Ok lordkhan, but you should know by now these guys are never on time. I know they want it to be October but that doesn’t mean it is going to be October lol

dolly just posted a week ago and said "very soon" my guess is early/mid oct

4 minutes ago, lordkhan4444 said:

dolly just posted a week ago and said "very soon" my guess is early/mid oct

Oh I am not arguing with you, just letting you know what usually happens lol

3 hours ago, Realist said:

"Mr. I know all best", listen to me:

If the devs write down "very soon", so what does it means to you? I checked my calendar and from September to December I didn't found "very soon" on a specific date.

So if you get nothing to say, please say nothing and don't behave as a fucking godipedia.

3 hours ago, Realist said:

I can Tell You for 100% it is at latest in october when crossplay starts 🙂 also as there wont be a wipe, Which Server you Planning to join ? Would Reserve you some Nice Island Spot if you happen to join PVE Eu

1 hour ago, Forb Hidden said:

"Mr. I know all best", listen to me:

If the devs write down "very soon", so what does it means to you? I checked my calendar and from September to December I didn't found "very soon" on a specific date.

So if you get nothing to say, please say nothing and don't behave as a fucking godipedia.

I did have something to say. I was letting him know it would most likely get delayed. I have plenty of evidence to back to statement up. In reality I have years of evidence to back that statement up.

@lordkhan4444 said it would be October. Why didn’t you tell him to say nothing? Lol

not sure what a godipedia is but I am a realist and I know they have an almost perfect record of delaying things.

56 minutes ago, zottel said:

I can Tell You for 100% it is at latest in october when crossplay starts 🙂 also as there wont be a wipe, Which Server you Planning to join ? Would Reserve you some Nice Island Spot if you happen to join PVE Eu

Even though I disagree with you I will make sure not to say you are wrong on insult you.

so here we go: “zottel, I disagree with you”

see, that wasn’t so hard guys 

@RealistBut hat hurts my Feelings :,(  also you should join EU PVE just to have a walk around our town 😉 #JatsHatForZottel

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 1:07 AM, Realist said:

If that happens that will most definitely kill the console release. They seriously can’t be that stupid.

i sure hope not. The only good thing that will absolutely come from cross platform will be another wipe. And thank god for that.

but no, if anything could make me not buy the game m, it would be crossplay. I really wouldn’t bother at all with this game if that was the case.

lets see how stupid they really are.

And no, you will see thousands of players join in the first day and within the first week it would be dead again and by a bigger margin.

Oh! I wish I could trust your words. :classic_biggrin:

8 minutes ago, zottel said:

@RealistBut hat hurts my Feelings :,(  also you should join EU PVE just to have a walk around our town 😉 #JatsHatForZottel

To be honest if they don’t wipe(they will) but if they did not I would be hard pressed to bother buying it.

but I tell you what. My buddy and I talked about it and he said he would still want to try atlas either way. I compromised with him and said if they do wipe we go “pvp” if they don’t wipe we go “pve” and he agreed.

so who knows maybe I will stop by 👍

2 hours ago, Realist said:

To be honest if they don’t wipe(they will) but if they did not I would be hard pressed to bother buying it.

but I tell you what. My buddy and I talked about it and he said he would still want to try atlas either way. I compromised with him and said if they do wipe we go “pvp” if they don’t wipe we go “pve” and he agreed.

so who knows maybe I will stop by 👍

I knew it... you always sounded like a PVE Bob with your demands...

Don't wait too long to buy it... you might be 100yds behind the other XBOX Bobs if you wait too long...🤣