GoreJar Horizon

So i'm back to see how the game is.

Hope the stopped to Gate spam and i can search for treasure and play the game. Last time i played all the islands got blocked and could not build on the islands. there was no hope just boring  then a stress injection. I'm downloading now

Not everyone stopped playing. Still enjoying the Game And keep finding stuff i wanna try And Need to do 😉

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GoreJar Horizon said:

Hope the stopped to Gate spam and i can search for treasure and play the game. Last time i played all the islands got blocked and could not build on the islands. there was no hope just boring  then a stress injection. I'm downloading now

its in the very exact same state as when you left, they have spent the last 6 months coding the xbox release of atlas, so aside of new content they wanted to be ready for the xbox launch the rest of the problems are all there, like ALL of them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, GoreJar Horizon said:

The xbox players are going to say the same thing about the gates and walls with in a week. 

they said in the roadmap they will start fixing shit when xbox releases, so they might be more lucky than us, it seems than in the current videogame industry buying EA games is now synonym of cash grab scam, so i am never ever gonna buy an EA again, i hope they are proud of it.

• Like 1

EA is Dead to me they are a sinking ship. But i dont want this team to do the same. i like the game but they are not listening to the players. blocked islands and listening to the little group that had them has killed the player base. over complicating to capture system. i had an island and the game got so boring. needs more ship types less walls and a few other things. like alchemy from rare ingredients from those big plants. a passive system in the back ground so if keep repairing my pick it gets stronger my spears dont break that sort of thing

Edited by GoreJar Horizon

8 hours ago, GoreJar Horizon said:

EA is Dead to me they are a sinking ship. But i dont want this team to do the same. i like the game but they are not listening to the players. blocked islands and listening to the little group that had them has killed the player base. over complicating to capture system. i had an island and the game got so boring. needs more ship types less walls and a few other things. like alchemy from rare ingredients from those big plants. a passive system in the back ground so if keep repairing my pick it gets stronger my spears dont break that sort of thing

When have you quit? Might be easier to Tell You what has changed then, also PVE of PVP

Tell me how it is.

I quit around January, but I plan to be back around Feb next year as I will be making a much needed upgrade to my pc.

1 hour ago, Avius said:

Tell me how it is.

I quit around January, but I plan to be back around Feb next year as I will be making a much needed upgrade to my pc.

Oh god then you really Missed alot. We have Giant crabs a Giant Turtle ( which works a submarine ) And olfends which you can Drink from. A submarine which you Need to explore the Deep Sea trenches, which looking stunning. Many Performance patches which atleast improved my fps Quite alot. Change to claim System Which i like, because a Company now claims a whole Island but you can still Build where you Want. Taxes Dont reduce what you Harvest anymore but rather add it to the Bank as a Bonus kinda. We have harpoon guns And crossbows. Sotds are now Schoners brigs And galleons. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Avius said:

Tell me how it is.

yeah a ton of things have changed... but a lot of important things have been completely neglected.

pros:

• performance has gotten better noticeably for regular server performance, though not enough for big ship battles or server player cap latency. 
  • empire system has been replaced with a colony system.
  • auto decay is a thing and inactive/forgotten structures will disappear in 10 days.. good for clearing up abandoned islands for potential newcomers or for finding an opening to place a fob and assault a pillar spammed island.
  • time sinks that that used to be too overwhelming it would impact game play (like base maintenance, gold and food distribution to npc's of large bases) has eased up on grindiness with claim flag improvements and a silo.

cons:

• devs seem to be focusing their primary efforts promoting a short term money grab instead of improving their product for long term success.
  • almost complete lack of direction, complete lack of content... 9 months of basicly nothingness in an advertised 2 year game development... and now it seems they're putting all their "efforts" into launching on xbox while their super vague supposed "road map" wont take place until after said money grab. At Least its announced to be crossplay. 
  • almost complete disregard for their current community/backers and their efforts until it blows up in their face.
  • pvp is broken as fuck. 
  • huge content wall behind large group bosses.
  • leveling (discovery points) is game breaking and annoying, small groups and casuals have no chance of competing against large groups and no lifers, in that regard.
  • current player base has dwindled to almost nothing.
  • no economy... well, not a working one.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

yeah a ton of things have changed... but a lot of important things have been completely neglected.

pros:

• performance has gotten better noticeably for regular server performance, though not enough for big ship battles or server player cap latency. 
  • empire system has been replaced with a colony system.
  • auto decay is a thing and inactive/forgotten structures will disappear in 10 days.. good for clearing up abandoned islands for potential newcomers or for finding an opening to place a fob and assault a pillar spammed island.
  • time sinks that that used to be too overwhelming it would impact game play (like base maintenance, gold and food distribution to npc's of large bases) has eased up on grindiness with claim flag improvements and a silo.

cons:

• devs seem to be focusing their primary efforts promoting a short term money grab instead of improving their product for long term success.
  • almost complete lack of direction, complete lack of content... 9 months of basicly nothingness in an advertised 2 year game development... and now it seems they're putting all their "efforts" into launching on xbox while their super vague supposed "road map" wont take place until after said money grab. At Least its announced to be crossplay. 
  • almost complete disregard for their current community/backers and their efforts until it blows up in their face.
  • pvp is broken as fuck. 
  • huge content wall behind large group bosses.
  • leveling (discovery points) is game breaking and annoying, small groups and casuals have no chance of competing against large groups and no lifers, in that regard.
  • current player base has dwindled to almost nothing.
  • no economy... well, not a working one.

Im in a 3 man Company And we Host kraken kills twice a week on whales solitude. Also kraken 1.0 can be done solo with not much effort. Yeti Boss is managable with 5-10 People Which is Not a large Group i guess. 9 month Without close to no new content is annoying,but the Updates will increase After Xbox release.

wow

sounds like a lot has changed, kinda looking forward to it now. Since you've mention performance updates maybe I'll give it a go on my current machine see how it performs.

I would get abysmal fps bec honestly my pc is like 6 years old lol.

i5 3740 3.2 Ghz

gtx 560 (the equivalent of having a human slave render out your video lol)

But Yeah I've checked what's bottlenecking me and it's def the GPU so I am gonna get the  GTX 1050 ti. Hopefully that runs it with higher fps on higher video settings.

installing it now see how it plays.

Edited by Avius
Spelling mistake

5 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

Almost?

Your previous point was about them making the cash grab.

I would say its complete.

Has much changed? I wouldn't know, haven't played for months, just watched the numbers decline.  There's currently around 800 players on all 4 clusters combined.  That's all the players.. avg 200 per cluster.  Games made 20+ years ago have higher pops than that.  I'll check back in another 6 months.

10 hours ago, zottel said:

Updates will increase After Xbox release.

You hope..

2 hours ago, Martyn said:

Has much changed? I wouldn't know, haven't played for months, just watched the numbers decline.  There's currently around 800 players on all 4 clusters combined.  That's all the players.. avg 200 per cluster.  Games made 20+ years ago have higher pops than that.  I'll check back in another 6 months.

You hope..

This from the guy who argued vociferously about how many hours he poured into Atlas every day and that casual players opinions shouldn't count or be taken into consideration by the devs. You insisted over and over that your island was your island and as owner you should have absolute godlike power over anyone and anything on it. Yet when push came to shove you weren't any more committed to playing than anyone else and are now nowhere to be found like the casuals you so clearly despised.

Your selfish gamer elitism will not be missed whether the game succeeds or fails.

12 hours ago, Avius said:

wow

sounds like a lot has changed, kinda looking forward to it now. Since you've mention performance updates maybe I'll give it a go on my current machine see how it performs.

i5 3740 3.2 Ghz

But Yeah I've checked what's bottlenecking me and it's def the GPU so I am gonna get the  GTX 1050 ti. Hopefully that runs it with higher fps on higher video settings.

Now im curious if it Runs on your machine XD also if the fps are low try higher graphic settings. For whatever reason some People get higher fps with higher graphic settings

14 hours ago, Avius said:

wow

i5 3740 3.2 Ghz

You wont. Not becuase of the game, but becuase your build is super obsolete. 

Fun fact, I threw away a gtx 560 yesterday becuase i found it hiding in my shop like a mouse. 

But your bigger issue is the 3rd gen i5 your rocking around like its 2013. This means you RAM and MoBo are also from that era. So your bottleneck will happen at the cpu most likely once you get a 1050. Btw, at least get a 1080, they're cheap now.

Basicly the Last 2 numbers behind a graphic Card tells more about how Strong they are rather than the First 2 which are telling you its Generation. So a 980 will be better than 1060 kinda

980 here, works good for me, if I lag or have fail frame rates its 1. tons of building loading in  2. Something is overspawning (like when fish were/are overspawning big time in lakes) near me.  3. grid is going down for some reason.  4. when I first log in and buildings are loading in fish in the pond overspawn in and.. 😛

41 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

You wont. Not becuase of the game, but becuase your build is super obsolete. 

Fun fact, I threw away a gtx 560 yesterday becuase i found it hiding in my shop like a mouse. 

But your bigger issue is the 3rd gen i5 your rocking around like its 2013. This means you RAM and MoBo are also from that era. So your bottleneck will happen at the cpu most likely once you get a 1050. Btw, at least get a 1080, they're cheap now.

I was browsing around online for video cards the other day and 1050 ti is like 241 USD and 1080 is like 906 USD so there's a big difference. These are the prices available in my country (Egypt)

since am planning on buying a new monitor as well I am going for the 1050 ti plus the 1080 is waaaaay too powerful for my CPU. My CPU is not great, I know, but it's not bad either.

3 hours ago, Avius said:

I was browsing around online for video cards the other day and 1050 ti is like 241 USD and 1080 is like 906 USD so there's a big difference. These are the prices available in my country (Egypt)

since am planning on buying a new monitor as well I am going for the 1050 ti plus the 1080 is waaaaay too powerful for my CPU. My CPU is not great, I know, but it's not bad either.

Damn, well, I suppose it doesnt matter, but in America we have craigslist. We use it like an online garage sale....aww hell....you prolly dont know what that is. Well, good luck to you sir, and please keep that Sphinx in good condition. Its far older than most people think.

43 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

Damn, well, I suppose it doesnt matter, but in America we have craigslist. We use it like an online garage sale....aww hell....you prolly dont know what that is. Well, good luck to you sir, and please keep that Sphinx in good condition. Its far older than most people think.

I know of craigslist. I am a man of culture you see 😂. Sure will do 😊

I'm rocking an abysmal 20-24 fps lol xD

8 hours ago, zottel said:

Now im curious if it Runs on your machine XD also if the fps are low try higher graphic settings. For whatever reason some People get higher fps with higher graphic settings

50 minutes ago, Avius said:

I'm rocking an abysmal 20-24 fps lol xD

Those are the fps i have in our mainbase atm XD so if you can keep those up at our base too you are ready for atlas xd

• Haha 1