Sign in to follow this  
GCDragonfli

PLEASE Don't forget Us Single players

I'd still buy skins in Sp, I don't care if i've got no one to show off to. I build ships that are the best I can build with designer sails etc, no one sees them but me. A lot of single players do the same. Sp mode is a great way to design prototypes , especially ships and buildings. And bearing in mind the way Atlas is if the devs didn't think there was a reason for SP they wouldn't have done it.

1 minute ago, Whitehawk said:

I'd still buy skins in Sp, I don't care if i've got no one to show off to. I build ships that are the best I can build with designer sails etc, no one sees them but me. A lot of single players do the same. Sp mode is a great way to design prototypes , especially ships and buildings. And bearing in mind the way Atlas is if the devs didn't think there was a reason for SP they wouldn't have done it.

I’m sure some SP players buy skins anyway but cosmetic skins routinely sell better overall in multiplayer environments. As far as the devs reasoning yes, but my purely speculative speculation here (did I mention I’m speculating?) is that doing SP was a low risk stab at doing anything which might generate sales. The pattern that seems to have emerged 9 months in is less of a coherent vision for the game and more of a “let’s throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks.” sort of approach. SP seems part of that to me.

Yeh the reason I meant for sp was deffo partly financial or it wouldn't have been done, the other reason of course was to please the amount of people requesting it. Like I said though even if you don't play single player it is a great place to experiment with ship builds and bases, especially if you are pvp as there is no consequence if you mess up.

On 9/6/2019 at 10:36 AM, user1 said:

Just to make this clear so you won't get it all wrong yet again:

I do not want grapeshot to spend any manpower at working on single player content, as long as there still are serious multiplayer issues.

This is because the game has been designed, advertised and conceived as primarily MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER and i do not want it to become some twisted, contorted chimera that it wasn't ever meant to be.

Also, i do not wish there to be yet another incentive for players to leave multiplayer, and it doesn't make a fucking difference to me whether they leave for good or just switch to single player, because the measurable outcome is the same: They're gone.

i do agree with all that, actually i dont understand why there is a single player mode, i would have invested that time in a story mode for the multiplayer perhaps

On 9/6/2019 at 10:36 AM, user1 said:

Smartass

lacking the abiility to hold a mature conversation to the very end...sigh