Sign in to follow this  
GCDragonfli

PLEASE Don't forget Us Single players

I just read the Road Map discussion and All I want to Say and Ask .. Please don't forget about the Single Player that bought the game BECAUSE the game went SP. 

I love the building part and sailing with my crew all about the map and Do Not care for MO or co-op games.

That is all .. Have Fun and Enjoy 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GCDragonfli said:

I just read the Road Map discussion and All I want to Say and Ask .. Please don't forget about the Single Player that bought the game BECAUSE the game went SP. 

I love the building part and sailing with my crew all about the map and Do Not care for MO or co-op games.

i am pretty certain (and sad) that they will forget about us, they will say something stupid as "if you want solo play go single player" they fail to realise that some of us like to see people around and interact with them but in very reduced dosis (for different reasons) the submarine, and all the othe groupal activities with content gated behind them proves it, is at moments like that when i feel like going back to BDO now that they will introduce new ships, i dont want to because is not the same gameplay experience but if i have to i will.

1 hour ago, lordkhan4444 said:

I wish I had more hands so I could give this post 4 thumbs down

well thats pretty sad isnt it?? you wanting to downvote a post that is representatve of several atlas players because its not your gameplay style, how does it hurt you that solo players can also enjoy atlas?

Edited by The D Legacy
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

i am pretty certain (and sad) that they will forget about us, they will say something stupid as "if you want solo play go single player" they fail to realise that some of us like to see people around and interact with them but in very reduced dosis (for different reasons) the submarine, and all the othe groupal activities with content gated behind them proves it, is at moments like that when i feel like going back to BDO now that they will introduce new ships, i dont want to because is not the same gameplay experience but if i have to i will.

well thats pretty sad isnt it?? you wanting to downvote a post that is representatve of several atlas players because its not your gameplay style, how does it hurt you that solo players can also enjoy atlas?

dude you should not take everything you read as a serious statement, mmm.... im having day ja vue right now where have I read that before? you need to watch some more dave chapel, it was a line from one of his skits.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lordkhan4444 said:

dude you should not take everything you read as a serious statement, mmm.... im having day ja vue right now where have I read that before? you need to watch some more dave chapel, it was a line from one of his skits.

ahhhhh, i dont know dave chapel, will check it out.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

It seems there has been some confusion on your side as to what kind of game this is, so please allow me to provide some clarity:

This is an MMO.

That stands for MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE.

None of these words suggests in any way, shape or form that there even was a single player mode, and it was a totally boneheaded move by the devs to even create it. 

And now that you entered the game on false premises, you demand things stay in the tragically awful state they're in right now?

I can do that, too.

Please, devs, don't forget those of us who like that the game is no fun.

Please keep it being no fun in the future.

I don't care that the original approach was to make it fun, i like the current state better, where everyone is fighting about trivialities.

When i bought the game it was an unbearable atrocity.

That's what i paid for and i wanna keep it that way.

Please don't waste any funding to have people working on it to make it any less unfun.

Thank you.

• Like 2

The Single player will still develop while the online Game does,so you get all new tames And such that will be added in the Future. But in the end it is an MMO And no One would ever Ask blizzard to make mythical raids accessable for solo player or even Demand a Single player 

Well oblivion was single player, skyrim is too, but noone can deny how well it's done as an mmo now aswell. and there are others.You can't just have an argument that states any game started as this or that has to stay that way like it's a bonafide gaming law. things change over time and games are no exception. Single player was a smart move and a gutsy one too considering the backlash about it. They are running a business and any business needs customers. The more of the bases you can cover the better off you will be financially. and   blizzard doesn't just have WOW it has its feelers in a few games and some of them are single player. So even blizzard covers different bases. I played pve on atlas from launch until I got a download glitch that stopped me signing in for 2 weeks. All my pve stuff was gone, company, bases, boats, everything. Single player being released kept me playing, otherwise I would have quit out of frustration. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2019 at 2:44 PM, user1 said:

It seems there has been some confusion on your side as to what kind of game this is, so please allow me to provide some clarity:

This is an MMO.

None of these words suggests in any way, shape or form that there even was a single player mode, and it was a totally boneheaded move by the devs to even create it. 

And now that you entered the game on false premises, you demand things stay in the tragically awful state they're in right now?

I can do that, too.

Please, devs, don't forget those of us who like that the game is no fun.

Please keep it being no fun in the future.

I don't care that the original approach was to make it fun, i like the current state better, where everyone is fighting about trivialities.

When i bought the game it was an unbearable atrocity.

That's what i paid for and i wanna keep it that way.

Please don't waste any funding to have people working on it to make it any less unfun.

Thank you.

what if told you that mixed and togheter doesnt mean the same thing? just because you and i cross paths (because its an mmo) doesnt mean you and i are working togheter, neither that i have any obligation to interact with you

WTF are yuou even talking about????

your whole response depict serious comprehesion issues mate

On 9/1/2019 at 6:48 PM, GCDragonfli said:

Sailing with your crew? The NPCs? Lol ok.

For Christmas,  please dear Santa, forget about the single player. Id prefer you to focus on the MMORPG you are working on. Im not entirely sure why a SP mode was created, when in your generosity you gave us private servers. 

The fuck are you talking about? Never before have I seen such back bending to cater to people who want thier own personal MMO to solo. Be grateful or go play a game made for your preferred style. No other MMO gives you what Atlas has for your perverted solo crusade against the worst mobs ever coded.

2 hours ago, Percieval said:

Jat made it clear in DM Discord that SP is not cared about too much at this point. 

By this, Percieval means, he asked for a feature request which I responded to him: Possible sure but not certain on whether it's something we'd likely do at this time, but will note it down as a request.

Which is par for the course with a lot of the requests we receive? Is said -suggestion- possible? Sure. Is it something we plan to do? We'll have to consider whether it fits into our plans or whether we can justify allocating the resources towards it at the present time. Are there other things we need to work on that take more priority? Most likely. 

Single Player and the other game modes won't be forgotten, they'll grow as the multiplayer game does, however, our design/balance will be based on the multiplayer version of the game, and we'll be targetting fixes towards that mode (some of which will impact SP, some of which may not because those problems may not exist). 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

what if told you that mixed and togheter doesnt mean the same thing? just because you and i cross paths (because its an mmo) doesnt mean you and i are working togheter, neither that i have any obligation to interact with you

WTF are yuou even talking about????

your whole response depict serious comprehesion issues mate

So.

You're the one who bought an MMO for the single player content.

But am the one with comprehension issues?

Sure thing, buddy.

And to top it off you even demand resources be spent on that bullshit.

I wish there was a single player earth for you to indefinitely stay on.

I don't see much conflict there.  I don't understand the worry about SP.  It's not like the game is going to start providing better building tools or better ships and not make them available to single player.  And that doesn't hurt the MMO piece in any way.  OTOH, there are going to be parts of the game that don't make any difference at all to single player and they're going to get improved.  That doesn't hurt single player in any way.      Seems like a pointless argument.

• Like 1

OK _ The only thing I was saying is that so many Games (Start as Single player and add Multi-player .. OR .. Start as Multi-player and add then Single Player) ........ AND then completely forgets about player's that likes or prefers _ playing in a single player world without all the bull that normally follows with MO.

IF you like MO and co-op that is fine and I have no problem with players that do _ But since SP is a part of the game now, let it be. Lets us all .. Have FUN and ENJOY

Thank You and no more will be said on my part.

Edited by GCDragonfli

I know!

Lets argue about who would have won the Super Bowl during the Civil War if they had the 3 point shot back then.

Thats gotta be at least as productive and useful right?

Thorne is right. This is a non issue.

Especially rn when literally nobody is having their issues/wanted features/cheeto needs being worked on except Xbox players who don’t yet own the game.

Chillax folks. We’re all in the same boat at the back of the line together.

Yeah, I mix metaphors. So sue me.

Edited by boomervoncannon

6 hours ago, user1 said:

So.

You're the one who bought an MMO for the single player content.

But am the one with comprehension issues?

Sure thing, buddy.

And to top it off you even demand resources be spent on that bullshit.

I wish there was a single player earth for you to indefinitely stay on.

yes mate you have comprehension issues:

1.- I never suggested to spend a dime on anything

2.- To play solo and to play a single player game is not the same thing

You can play solo in a MMO simply because "to play solo" is to achieve objectives in the game on your own while also having the option of doing it with others if you feel like it (example: sailing),  while a single player mode is you being the only one in the entire game, i am not interested in a single player mode (oh and in case you have been living in a cave atlas already has a single player mode)

Edited by The D Legacy

17 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

yes mate you have comprehension issues:

1.- I never suggested to spend a dime on anything

2.- To play solo and to play a single player game is not the same thing

You can play solo in a MMO simply because "to play solo" is to achieve objectives in the game on your own while also having the option of doing it with others if you feel like it (example: sailing),  while a single player mode is you being the only one in the entire game, i am not interested in a single player mode (oh and in case you have been living in a cave atlas already has a single player mode)

1. You mean you even fail to realize that "not forgetting about us single players" would obviously mean having people at grapeshot working on single player content? Of course "not forgetting" about a thing does mean spending money on it.

2. OP was talking about exactly that: single player mode. He even explicitly stated that he is not interested in MO or co-op content, so no, this is not about playing solo in a multiplayer network environment.

I think you accusing me of  having comprehension issues can easily be attributed to projection from your side.

Just to make this clear so you won't get it all wrong yet again:

I do not want grapeshot to spend any manpower at working on single player content, as long as there still are serious multiplayer issues.

This is because the game has been designed, advertised and conceived as primarily MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER and i do not want it to become some twisted, contorted chimera that it wasn't ever meant to be.

Also, i do not wish there to be yet another incentive for players to leave multiplayer, and it doesn't make a fucking difference to me whether they leave for good or just switch to single player, because the measurable outcome is the same: They're gone.

Smartass

I now play single player since I lost everything through a glitch in pve, if single player wasn't available i'd have quit.  I was on eu pve for months had the same island base etc and I wouldn't go back to having a company again, all I got out of it was grief and hassle. Spamming everywhere, chat full of toxic rubbish I might just as well have been playing pvp . People who bought it for the single player option shouldn't be treated as second class  just cos it was  an mmo first. they still took the money from sp players they didn't say if you want sp here have it for free. Yeh i'll go back to pve when the xbox version is released but i'll still play the sp mode too.

• Like 2

Sounds like you were in the wrong company.  There are plenty of immature people who do this and plenty of mature groups that do not.  My company has rules around this to limit it.

well to be fair it doesn't just happen in Atlas, WOW is no exception, but there are always good companies,clans guilds etc too. I'm just too old to bother looking for them now. I'll solo for a while , maybe i'll start another company and call it the longbeards.

15 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

Well to be fair it doesn't just happen in Atlas. WOW is no exception, but there are always good companies, clans guilds etc too. I'm just too old to bother looking for them now. I'll solo for a while.

You, me and thousands like us. 

Devs make game to be purely multiplayer.

Small Demographic want it to have a single player options.

Devs pander.

Devs go back to working on the primary focus of the game, milking as much money as they can porting it to console.

Small demographic "OMG NUUUUUUUUUU DONT FORGOTS ABooooot us pls k thnx"

SINGLEPLAYER are standing in the way of true progress! DOWN WITH SINGLE PLAYER!

10 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Devs make game to be purely multiplayer.

Small Demographic want it to have a single player options.

Devs pander.

Devs go back to working on the primary focus of the game, milking as much money as they can porting it to console.

Small demographic "OMG NUUUUUUUUUU DONT FORGOTS ABooooot us pls k thnx"

SINGLEPLAYER are standing in the way of true progress! DOWN WITH SINGLE PLAYER!

All true but overlooks one extremely relevant fact:

The amount of resources needed to make a sp option is minimal. How do we know this? Because the devs said so. Why can we trust that it’s true? Because they don’t have any reason to lie about it.

Dont get me wrong, I’m an MMO guy. I was against sp back when people were calling for it. Then they did it anyway and said basically “ yeah it didn’t take much to be able to offer it.” Think about the way they said Atlas would eventually support itself: cosmetics from a cash shop. Single players are less likely to buy cosmetics from said shop because they have no one to show off for. If the devs are willing to offer SP, as a multi player guy it’s just not really any skin off my nose. You obviously feel differently, but my guess is you’re overestimating how much SP has any impact on you in any real way.

The thing standing in the way of true progress isn’t SP, but a lack of coherent vision for the game and meaningful action to make that vision a reality. Blaming SP is imo a red herring. It just doesn’t matter enough one way or the other enough to get worked up about.