Dollie

ATLAS Roadmap

I hope this is still worked on, the game is in need of content and updates, Don't abandon us in them middle of the ocean.

• Sad 1

For those who want arche 2.0, go back to arche !! We just want a sea of thieves 2.0 us! Obviously, when I say sea of thieve 2.0 it is with the possibility of building your boat and not as in sea of thieve ... but add the central element in your game = gold! We should be able to buy EVERYTHING with gold in a world of piracy. Do you want to buy a bigger boat? So collect the treasures as in sea of thieve while having a goal for the pvp = theft of loot between player!

Edited by eagleeman

Well, been away for 3 months and glad to see nothing has changed. Devs are still on coffee break and have abandoned this game. Personally, I pirated the shit out of ARK to play it singleplayer out of spite because of what these guys have done to Atlas. I would rather be on the high seas in a game I paid for, but at least taming dinos gives me some satisfaction that I hurt Wildcard's bottom line now. I'll check back in another 3.

On 4/24/2020 at 3:16 PM, Aquagoth said:

Well, been away for 3 months and glad to see nothing has changed. Devs are still on coffee break and have abandoned this game. Personally, I pirated the shit out of ARK to play it singleplayer out of spite because of what these guys have done to Atlas. I would rather be on the high seas in a game I paid for, but at least taming dinos gives me some satisfaction that I hurt Wildcard's bottom line now. I'll check back in another 3.

While I agree this game deserves more attention, stealing from them is not the way to get them to give more attention to Atlas. It is clearly stated during the purchase process that this is an early access game, it's buggy and incomplete, as well as the potential NOT TO BE FINISHED.Ā 

You're an idiot. Plain and simple.Ā You are incompetent for admitting on a public forum that you have pirated one of their games. You're email and some personal information are linked to your account so technically they could legally pursue this if they wanted.Ā Ā Grapheshot, Instinct Games and Wildcard StudiosĀ have no obligation to you and have every right to perma ban you from their games based solely on this forum comment.

22 hours ago, MaximilianMartin said:

While I agree this game deserves more attention, stealing from them is not the way to get them to give more attention to Atlas. It is clearly stated during the purchase process that this is an early access game, it's buggy and incomplete, as well as the potential NOT TO BE FINISHED.Ā 

You're an idiot. Plain and simple.Ā You are incompetent for admitting on a public forum that you have pirated one of their games. You're email and some personal information are linked to your account so technically they could legally pursue this if they wanted.Ā Ā Grapheshot, Instinct Games and Wildcard StudiosĀ have no obligation to you and have every right to perma ban you from their games based solely on this forum comment.

Should have called it an early access post AMIRITE?

Is it clearly stated that this game is not going to be finished? There is a disclaimer from steam about how the game is not complete and may or may not change further. The developers don't mention anything but sunshine and rainbows. If they actually tried to make this a finished game by December 2020 as they also state during the purchase process I might have been more incline to accept that this is just another failed early access game.

They have spent half or a third of the early access development time to dumb down the game for an early xbox release, then they cashed in on that and essentially abandon the project. Smells like foul play to me.

(<= PVE player)

Early access games are fashionable. We want it, right now.

When people will be tired of not having what has been promised, they will no longer buy early access.
Developers will have to finish their games again before making any money.
Like a normal world.

The true question is : will the world been normal one day?

Ā 

At this state, Atlas is not a bad game.

There are things to do ingame, and to be honest the work done so far is well worth 30 euros / dollars.

What is (for me) extremely frustrating is to see the huge potential that there is on this game if only we had more PVE content and more bug fixes.

Tbh the internet has played a massive part in encouragement of Ea , kickstarter projects etc. Due to the media we get information on something sometimes years before any progress has been made on a product. Sometimes while it is still just drawings on paper. Companies use this to feed our enthusiasm for a product or to see if it will make money by leaking snippits of information and assessing feedback. How many kickstarter projects have failed? Also sometimes the feedback from the would be buyers will conflict with the original developers outlook, then they have to decide whether to stick rigidly to their vision and risk alienating potential customers, or try to give people what they want and lose interest in their own project. Manipulation through media is a double edged sword. Also we back ea sometimes because we believe we are supporting a smaller company getting started, but this is not always the case, sometimes it's a bigger company in disguise, like when a supermarket opens up smaller grocery stores so we think we are supporting the small business man, when we are not. Either way we look at it, the internet and social media has played a massive part in the way people invest their money and time now, Ā buying ea and investing in kickstarter projects isĀ  a gamble, sometimes forĀ  both sides.

On 4/27/2020 at 8:42 AM, MaximilianMartin said:

Grapheshot, Instinct Games and Wildcard StudiosĀ have no obligation to you and have every right to perma ban you from their games based solely on this forum comment.

Good thing Grapeshot devs don'tĀ read our forum posts, huh? If they did, they would have actually taken into account our collective rage.

1 hour ago, Aquagoth said:

Good thing Grapeshot devs don'tĀ read our forum posts, huh? If they did, they would have actually taken into account our collective rage.

Eh, I'll give you that one lol.Ā