Jump to content

Dollie

ATLAS Roadmap

Recommended Posts

They were sneaky hiding this in the Announcements section. 😛

I had assumed people were getting their information from the livestream, which I didn't have the time to watch.

This is way, WAY better than I imagined based on everyone's feedback. They have a plan in stages and narrowed focus for each phase with very specific goals.

This is awesome!

Now if they can avoid wiping through this goat circus, I'll have a good reason to keep all those other games gathering dust on my shelf.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wishes to game:

1. The absence of punishment for death individual.
Offer: the specific resp - only in Freeport.

2. Limit water extraction, disable extraction from the ground.

3. Disable the ability to teleport through the bed. Either limit number of beds, on corps, with opportunity bleeder, as on the ships.

4. Reduce the map and the number of Islands.

5. To increase regeneration of the resources, at least 3 days, better to 5. 
Then it will make sense for everyone to swim in search of resources, food, farm, as problems begin with food.

6. To disable flow health. Leave a maximum health of 100 units. PVP will be more interesting and not be such an imbalance when shot from a rifle to the head does not kill the player.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, even after all this time and after all of our posts the devs still have no clue about their player base. RIP ATLAS!

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, vaylain said:

Wow, even after all this time and after all of our posts the devs still have no clue about their player base. RIP ATLAS!

Are you ready to tell them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I play PVE with friends on a 4x4 grid with 37 islands, and it's fantastic!

Just needs the Wild Pirate Encampments, some patches, way better melee combat, some future dungeons and content/stuff to do, and we are happy.

I used to be strictly PVP for all games, but it can't be done without cheaters and griefers ruining everything...

Just give the NPC's really good AI, and you are good to go!

Add the option for PVP as well of course, but id rather play against human like AI without the BS.

It really needs to be officially clarified, whether or not the Wild Pirate Encampments are still happening or not, since the live steam seemed like it scrapped the idea of it. 

Edited by slakjaw
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stop playing atlas cause was bored of the sea, want more land, biomes, more crafting and animals. If you are focusing this game on pvp that wont last long as ark imo. I love ark and would like to see more games like ark. Whatever you put in the sea, people will get bored fast that i know.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could and should talk about the fact that the game went from 100k players to 600. You talk about PVP but for that you need to actually find players on servers. How are you getting those people back on the game ? MMO & 600 players is not compatible. Even on the most populated server you can't find any people to fight. Stop making changes nobody asked for. You'll end up playing the game you developed alone. Most people i know left the game because of the lack of players and your poor optimization of the game. Shooting someone at 10 fps is not a good experience.

You gave us most of the bad parts of ARK and you are taking away the few remaining good parts of ARK. 

Why not for example, bring quality saddles from ARK ? People would be less interested in the tame level, if you could get a saddle BP that increases harvest rates, or weight multipliers, or how many times i need to hit a tree to harvest it. Simple changes that could add content, reduce time spent on finding the best tame and on harvest, and spending more time searching for loot. 


Stop insisting on PVP only when the game has no players to fight. I love PVP, but atm its just sailing hoping to see any enemy ship. Even if you make PVP system better, you can't PVP alone.

We are so bored that we are fighting our own company to keep entertained!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the majority of the reason why a lot of people quit playing Atlas in the first 2 months is because they didn’t expect the game to be so grindy and have so many performance issues. They were hoping to play a game like Sea of Thieves and a mix of Assassins Creed Black Flag, Pirate games that are fast paced actions games with little consequences.

I played Ark for a very long time but the main reasons I quit was because it became to repetitive and grindy. I was spending way too much time micromanaging everything about the game. The PvP was fun for a while but when you lose 2 years’ worth of hard work overnight it breaks peoples moral. I fortunately was not wiped during my Ark life but soon after I quit my tribes server was invaded by a Chinese Mega Tribe.

About Atlas –

Performance, Server Optimizations, Stasis Rendering, Server Changing Latency, Client Side Rendering Optimizations, Chunk Loading or Preloaded Area Optimizations, and other things that would drastically improve overall game performance should be 100% of your core focuses first and foremost. Once the game can run at a stable 30FPS on a mid-range PC I would move on from there. Even if you have to change the textures, I don’t know about everyone else but I would be content with an amazing game with lower quality textures or even hand painted textures. The game doesn’t need to be photo realistic, I mean sure Ark looked amazing but what’s the point of having a great looking game if it’s barely playable.

About Player base concerns most likely a lot of people would be unaware or might not even remember this but Ark did not start out as a massive hit. Ark had its troubles also, I mean I can’t say for certain it was as bad as atlas’s performance but I can say the player base was dwindling and it got so bad that the Developer’s had a free to play weekend and a 50% sale. If it wasn’t for that I personally would have never took a chance on Ark but literally after downloading the game and less than 12h into the 3day free weekend I purchased 2 copies of Ark. 4 Months later I bought Scorched Earth, and I would have bought the season pass but that’s when cross servers was added and I was upset about that and the fact that they unbanned the majority of the Chinese players that were banned and geo-blocked. They could easily revive Atlas similarly to how they did with Ark.

About 4 months ago I came back to Atlas because I noticed it said 6x Farming, I freaked out and was like finally they listened only to find out that the 6x was removed and applied to only giraffes… I personally HATE 2x Weekends it completely demoralizes you and makes you not even want to waste your time until a 2x weekend… I have said many times in the past I personally would make the standard rates 5x My absolute least favorite thing about atlas is how long it takes to farm, and sail the oceans. I personally hated sailing it was not even fun in the slightest. The only time I ever had any fun sailing was during ship battles but then you would get destroyed by a near invincible ship because of the damage and resistance stats.

A few things I wanted to add is a vast majority of Atlas is copy and paste with little effort. I mean even the new content is a blatant ripoffs from the mods from ark. Granted those mods did make Ark a lot funner to play but instead of looking at Ark objectively and implementing those mods in ways that could drastically improve atlas they were very poorly implemented and the entire game was built off broken code that has bugs that existed in Ark in 2015... Yes, I will agree that atlas in its core is smoother to play then Ark but that is mainly because of QOL changes that Ark never added. Atlas could evolve into an amazing game with time and dedication. In its current state I prefer to just check the patch notes and this site for updates every couple months to see if there is any news about making the game better. Eventually I will re-download atlas but I don't see that happening anytime soon...

I don’t want to continue to rant there are plenty of amazing suggestions on this site, I would add more of my suggestions again but it wouldn’t matter because most likely they will never be seen or implemented. If you take anything away from all this just try to make the game more enjoyable, less time consuming and demanding, fix all the major issues, add a lot of QOL changes, fix performance issues, then consider adding new content and try not to break all the fixes you did.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2019 at 11:54 PM, Jack Shandy said:

Did anyone manage to record the post stream Q&A Dollie and Jat did on discord?

would be nice to have all the info provided by GS in one official location.

@Jack Shandy
Here is the Entire Post Q&A with Dollie and JAT. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe_BAHoVtY4
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 Weeks since this roadmap came on, but we see no changes whatsoever. Is it safe to say we need to come back in 2 years? Or do we need to wait with 100% ARKlogic in the back of our heads (back each 3 months to see nothing much has changed, wait for the next 3 months and "hope" for the best?).

We had such good hopes, it still feels like cash and grab....

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They said that we would not see changes until after they launch crossplay and they haven't launched  it yet so, why do you think you should be seeing what they already said you would not be seeing just three weeks later? hehe

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2019 at 9:38 PM, Caleysto said:

The land masses really need more to them then just the grind for resources (which I as a farmer enjoy) dungeons and unique loot create drive to explore. The risk to pvp should be out at sea while the risk/ reward for pve be on the land creating the desire to travel to further areas. Your npc crew also could use more love as they currently are a big part but are basically bland and empty of personality other then a random name and look generated to them. Unique crew with unique personalities would make the journey more enjoyable. 

No it should be both ways land and sea

On 9/21/2019 at 3:10 AM, Cpt.Yarrr said:

3 Weeks since this roadmap came on, but we see no changes whatsoever. Is it safe to say we need to come back in 2 years? Or do we need to wait with 100% ARKlogic in the back of our heads (back each 3 months to see nothing much has changed, wait for the next 3 months and "hope" for the best?).

We had such good hopes, it still feels like cash and grab....

Its a Beta this is what goes on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally understand your desire to have players out on the oceans more but please don’t diminish the role of tames. I want the full experience and to me that includes land content as well as ocean content.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atlas direction > down the drain. So many bad decisions, can NEVER hit a timeline, kicking PC players down to cater to X-Box, punishing PvE for PvP bad behavior & exploits. You really are out to sink this ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like the way PvPvE sounds, not sure if that is merging the 2 servers or just adding more content. Would like to do more while sailing, would be nice to have fishing nets to make your crew work, or control points on timers around map to bring in pvp battles, or maybe some trade routes that give big rewards to get more people on the water. 

But all this doesnt do much without balance, would prefer if servers could handle more people 400 to 500. If its not possible then maybe reduce em to 50 and try to force the game to be full of 20 man companies. Then create a war system and allow 150 on a server for sieging islands during war.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, long term fan, been playing ark and atlas, just figured I would ask for a few simple requests.

Can we get some larger land masses that take up the whole region for exploration and such? They could contain like lost civilizations and cities that have been over grown, swamps with ships the got trapped due to poorly navigating the swampland, the ships sit slowly decaying and rotting, with the remains of the crew still walking the deck (Dead or living) guarding the plunder the vessel contains.

Maybe add an active volcano on the island as well, oh and so the sea dont seem so dull, add underwater volcanos to add more challange to the sea and maybe a skill that allows one in the crows nest of a ship to see through the fog... also couldnt hurt to spread the Ships Of The Damned out a little more, i keep going into regions only to find like 9 ships clustered together, makes fighting them not worth it when a single ship trys to take on like 6-9 ships at a time.....

Please add more clothing and weapon verity (Cosmetic skins) I would love to see an English uniform and a British Navy uniform (The blue coat and Red Coat uniforms) Please also add weapon skins, I would like to have a musket rifle, the current carbine rifle just looks to... fancy...... also, please add the ability to craft a bayonet and mount it to the rifle! also wouldnt hurt to add in sword skins as well!

Next thing is a major MUST.... because currently its extremely irritating... Please FIX the building mechanic......... in Ark, I never had to worry about trying to build a giant wall only to end up with an issue preventing me from placing a foundation, on Atlas, it seems I run into this issue every 5 feet and now i simply have a giant wall that looks absolutely stupid because its not even at all!

Steam boats! because why not? You already have a submarine, so why not add Steam boats? it could be this games form of "Ascended Gear" like, when you find the fountain of youth, you "Ascend" and unlock some cool stuff, like the steam ships and such and each time you "Ascend" you unlock more stuff, the Steam boats could even allow transportation of animals, since the vessels we have make it sorta hard to "Load and Unload" animals... also the issue with not being able to reverse from a port... thats getting annoying.... you could also add in the Hot Air Balloon or even a Blimp (These two vehicles would not be able to be used for combat, strictly a means of transportation!) as part of the Ascended stuff

Prebuilt Structure Blue Prints! It would be pretty cool if we could get blueprints for prebuilt structures and ships, would also make exploring in my honest opinion, worth it.... since i simply like building towns and such in games like this, the ability to have a prebuilt tavern and medical clinic or large port dock, would be awesome! and a massive time saver!!! Also, wouldnt mind having smaller walls....  I like the giant walls we can build to put around our towns and such, but could we get smaller ones?  same length just not as high. prebuilt ships would also be awesome, and save time.... instead of putting down just the frame, you would need to bring ALL the materials needed to complete construction 100% to the dry dock and put it all in to "Build" the vessel which would then give you a ship that is 100% complete the minute you craft it, different quality blueprints would include cannons and swivels and mortars and puck guns and such, but the common buying blueprints would just be the ship with a prebuilt cabin and such already on it, and furnished with tables and beds and even a map in the Captains cabin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be happy if you could simply fix the map issues for nitrado servers. Been over a week now and no word. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2019 at 12:25 PM, Cpt J Blackburn said:

Hello, long term fan, been playing ark and atlas, just figured I would ask for a few simple requests.

Can we get some larger land masses that take up the whole region for exploration and such? They could contain like lost civilizations and cities that have been over grown, swamps with ships the got trapped due to poorly navigating the swampland, the ships sit slowly decaying and rotting, with the remains of the crew still walking the deck (Dead or living) guarding the plunder the vessel contains.

Maybe add an active volcano on the island as well, oh and so the sea dont seem so dull, add underwater volcanos to add more challange to the sea and maybe a skill that allows one in the crows nest of a ship to see through the fog... also couldnt hurt to spread the Ships Of The Damned out a little more, i keep going into regions only to find like 9 ships clustered together, makes fighting them not worth it when a single ship trys to take on like 6-9 ships at a time.....

Please add more clothing and weapon verity (Cosmetic skins) I would love to see an English uniform and a British Navy uniform (The blue coat and Red Coat uniforms) Please also add weapon skins, I would like to have a musket rifle, the current carbine rifle just looks to... fancy...... also, please add the ability to craft a bayonet and mount it to the rifle! also wouldnt hurt to add in sword skins as well!

Next thing is a major MUST.... because currently its extremely irritating... Please FIX the building mechanic......... in Ark, I never had to worry about trying to build a giant wall only to end up with an issue preventing me from placing a foundation, on Atlas, it seems I run into this issue every 5 feet and now i simply have a giant wall that looks absolutely stupid because its not even at all!

Steam boats! because why not? You already have a submarine, so why not add Steam boats? it could be this games form of "Ascended Gear" like, when you find the fountain of youth, you "Ascend" and unlock some cool stuff, like the steam ships and such and each time you "Ascend" you unlock more stuff, the Steam boats could even allow transportation of animals, since the vessels we have make it sorta hard to "Load and Unload" animals... also the issue with not being able to reverse from a port... thats getting annoying.... you could also add in the Hot Air Balloon or even a Blimp (These two vehicles would not be able to be used for combat, strictly a means of transportation!) as part of the Ascended stuff

Prebuilt Structure Blue Prints! It would be pretty cool if we could get blueprints for prebuilt structures and ships, would also make exploring in my honest opinion, worth it.... since i simply like building towns and such in games like this, the ability to have a prebuilt tavern and medical clinic or large port dock, would be awesome! and a massive time saver!!! Also, wouldnt mind having smaller walls....  I like the giant walls we can build to put around our towns and such, but could we get smaller ones?  same length just not as high. prebuilt ships would also be awesome, and save time.... instead of putting down just the frame, you would need to bring ALL the materials needed to complete construction 100% to the dry dock and put it all in to "Build" the vessel which would then give you a ship that is 100% complete the minute you craft it, different quality blueprints would include cannons and swivels and mortars and puck guns and such, but the common buying blueprints would just be the ship with a prebuilt cabin and such already on it, and furnished with tables and beds and even a map in the Captains cabin.

This will never happen. When game will be out of early acces and wiped several more times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2019 at 1:38 PM, PoE said:

Some people love building boats, some building towns with shops, some like taming, some like sailing and fighting. Deciding HOW people are going to play will have the devs playing this game by themselves. 

If the purpose is to have people be at sea, then you devs have done everything in your power to keep us ported:

1) You have cloudy skies that threaten rain with cyclones that do more overall ship damage than a full-on fleet fight. So, you PORT to avoid all that damage until you figure out whether 7 cyclones are going to literally follow you around a grid until you port. OR you PORT and twiddle your thumbs for the duration of a storm. 

2) Living at sea requires us to carry enough ammo, supplies for repairs, and enough food and gigantic tables that the only size that can handle all that is the SLOWEST ship in the fleet (the Brig) or force everyone to build server-clogging galleons. 

3) In order to have an awesome ship, you have to PORT, have a base to store the ingredients until it is complete and to build. To avoid spending the rest of your life with an axe and pick, you have to make tames to make that go faster so you can build your awesome ship to live on. Now you have tames that must be stored and protected and fed, and presto, you are landlocked and PORTED. Fast travel to feed is the only thing that saves the day, but you are naked, so whatever.

4) You made everything so heavy that "sailing" is more like watching dolphins passing you and laughing. You solved this with an awesome cargo box that you cannot even access unless you are PORTED.

5) Only you can repair your ship at sea, so if you are not keen to spend all your time after fights or storms or rocks making repairs to hundreds of single pieces, you must PORT.

6) If you lose your ship and everything you so lovingly built, you must have a place to rebuild. That requires a base that stores all duplicates of your goodies, blueprints, farming for cooking, clothes, weapons, etc.... again, you must PORT. 

7) Scavenging wrecks overload boats, gold to pay crew overload a boat, supplies overload boats. So unless you are willing to dump all this (WTF), you spend all your time calculating how to keep the weight under 50% of the capacity to keep a decent knot. 

8} Going around massive builds, avoiding squabbling neighbors, avoiding aggressive builds to block content, all double or triple your time on land and not in a good way.

9) Placing Treasure Maps in ridiculous locations, like inaccessible mountain tops, under rocks, squeezed ledges, in bases make it under a 50% shot that you can ever get access to it. And forget getting the good ones alone without a tame to help or drag some NPCs behind you getting stuck in everything from a bush to a turtle. It increases ported time.

BONUS: The re-vamped island ownership did not work out as you planned, I think. Instead of a big company claiming big islands, they claimed all the little ones and they left the big ones free for folks that cannot even claim them. How about the large companies only being allowed to claim the large islands and leave the little ones to the little tribes?

Thank you for addressing some of these issues, but taking away things that people like doing instead of limiting the things like over-active cyclones or weight and speed issue is a mistake. Make all things possible and all will come and play THEIR game. Totally get this is a work in progress, Beta and there are growing pains, just please remember:

LAST and I think most important: NO one wants to spend ANY time playing and building and farming to have a wipe looming over them like a Black Plague. Most I have talked to say they will wait until these devs get their ship together, then come and play.  

 

You're having some valid points, and I can't say you're wrong in what you're trying to express.

HOWEVER, if you look at the roadmap, they are trying to reduce the time spent with tames and time spent at land, and increase the time spent at sea. This means, of course, that some mechanics MUST change, otherwise they'll end up exactly with what you have described already (need tames for resources, thus need base, ...), but I dont think/hope thats the idea. And note that the roadmap does not suggest cutting down land gameplay to zero, its still at around 1/5.

In general I like the idea that the gameplay gets more focused on time spent on sea, because this is what this game is about. Its NOT ark. Its not about taming a plethora of dinosours, breed them and afterwards tame more. Its a pirate game, you're supposed to be at sea most of the time, with your ship, crew & loaded guns. Yes IT IS based on ark (technically, like the game engine), but this does not mean that it should have the same gameplay.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm mostly happy with exactly how Atlas is now.
They need to add quest NPC's and some lore to add the atmosphere of a living world.
Also increase the rewards for sea based activities. Base building and collecting treasure maps and doing AOD is way more productive that going out hunting whales and SOD. Especially in terms of player xp. I don't want the rewards of AOD nerfed. Just give more for the ones at sea.
Add safe places to leave your ships at sea if that's what your into. I do think a Galleon with defenses should be able to be left at sea.
The game doesn't have to be 1000+ hr game to complete. I've 95hr odd in Jurassic World Evolution and pretty much done everything and are totally happy with that purchase.
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AHOY ME BOI!

 

 

i hope they add NPC raids where NPC ships like pirates or the Damned would invade your island. so you have to defend your island!

 

also maybe some NPC fortress to raid for the best loot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×