Dollie

ATLAS Roadmap

Does this mean we won't get the NPC encampments update for blackwood soon? I was hoping it would be released before the end of the holiday, sadly, today school starts again.

Create a blueprint craft machine, maybe drops from damneds fix, because if you want create nice ship need to fight damneds 24/7 1 mounth, but if you lucky, i'am fight 1 mounth and not get anything cannons, decks, sails, nothing. Very hard to create good ship.

On 9/1/2019 at 5:39 AM, CyanicEmber said:

Well, I like the sound of this. But I also really love my tames and creatures... I am having me a concern.

Think of it more like: currently, to play optimally, we've observed that players need to spend their time doing these things, we want to open it up so you don't need to invest as much time with bases and tames on land to progress well in the game if you don't want to

Tames will continue to serve purposes in the game. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dollie said:

...so you don't need to invest as much time with bases and tames on land to progress well in the game if you don't want to.

This would require balancing land PVP in that NPC defences would work against at least just one than no longer OP tame attacker - like the cannon bear with guns out-ranging defense systems and resistance that tanks damage if he would come in range...
Then we would have to not invest so much time in building performance killing structures that do not help against attackers and would than go out to sea and down to Davy Jones locker together with our ships...

14 minutes ago, Sheepshooter said:

This would require balancing land PVP 

Yup, agreed! 

• Like 1

Change the stupid tame system, I hate it. That is the only thing that I want to change. having to almost kill an animal to tame it sounds so absurd doesn't make sense

having to almost kill an animal to tame it sounds so absurd doesn't make sense

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The land masses really need more to them then just the grind for resources (which I as a farmer enjoy) dungeons and unique loot create drive to explore. The risk to pvp should be out at sea while the risk/ reward for pve be on the land creating the desire to travel to further areas. Your npc crew also could use more love as they currently are a big part but are basically bland and empty of personality other then a random name and look generated to them. Unique crew with unique personalities would make the journey more enjoyable. 

Edited by Caleysto
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Iceguy said:

Change the stupid tame system, I hate it. That is the only thing that I want to change. having to almost kill an animal to tame it sounds so absurd doesn't make sense

having to almost kill an animal to tame it sounds so absurd doesn't make sense

To raise/educate you break wills.
You need to do it to tames, devs need to do it to us!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

i hope you will continue to develope and debug Blackwood for solo and little group en private server on your roadmap devs ! 

the animals you tame with love, affection and sometimes with a little hard. Tame them in the way this game does what it does is that the animal obey you for fear and when an animal is afraid it can kill and betray you. in other words it makes no sense the way to tame in the game is difficult and every time I have to do it I prefer not to play the game to have to go through the process of garbage tame system

• Thanks 2

If PvX (Imaging something similar to lawless=PVP zones, everywhere else=PVE) and fully supported ship-living is a thing, that might be able to make me come back, even if my company members don't.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LightningIgnitor said:

If PvX (Imaging something similar to lawless=PVP zones, everywhere else=PVE) and fully supported ship-living is a thing, that might be able to make me come back, even if my company members don't.

As there is no PVP when there is PVE sector available, dont need to call it PVX or whatever... it is just PVE with arena...

I'm really wanting to know what on earth exactly happened to the NPC Pirate Encampments? are they still coming? has that idea been completely scrapped? This was one of the biggest things I was looking forward to, especially on private run servers/solo play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, vackillers said:

I'm really wanting to know what on earth exactly happened to the NPC Pirate Encampments? are they still coming? has that idea been completely scrapped? This was one of the biggest things I was looking forward to, especially on private run servers/solo play.

Do you remember the first teaser on YT?

THAT'S what all of us want and that's the reason alot of us had faith (ikr, stupid stupid stupid) in GS and bought the "game".

Now it's ARK 2.0 with 100% ARK logic.

• Thanks 1

Do I understand the changes correctly?

You want us players to spend more time at sea soon to make more PVP ??

Sorry then you didn't learn to listen to players either.

You are developing the game just past our players

For example, I don't let any game developer tell me how to play his game.

And these changes you are planning to make, we already feel like a compulsion.

Keep up the good work...but I'm sure you're just annoying players with such a shit change.

They just stop playing the game....or they switch to single player mode.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

• Thanks 1

I think the original concept was pvp only, and somewhere in the process someone had the sense to add pve. I don't think alienating the pve community is a wise move considering how many people have now left pvp, and also how much revenue is gained from pve players. Pushing pvp I don't think is a gamble that will pay off. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think gladeator arenas would be so cool with a bounty system for wen tribs pirate alot to encourage bounty hunters Wich will make the servers feel like there is some law

8 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

There are way lower numbers on PVE and those guys could live on PVP... and have a better PVE experience...

Wow careful!

They gotta bring in taverns where we can buy booze and stuff, it's just not right pyrates trading from a market stall.