Sign in to follow this  
Ralle

Animals feeding

Aye aye,

The new food Silo is which cover the whole  Island is only for npcs ?

Im wonderig how to feed animals over long turn. The Animal feeder is Vers small as the food does not stack as in the new Silo. 

Wouldnt it be Smart to Use the new Silo for npc and animals? Or modify tue animal feeder as the Silo for npcs so u can stack a not more food Insider.

If i do not own (claimed) a island can i still place a bank and give all my animals food through my bank?

(Im little worried if my tames will still be alive in three days as the feeder seems to be very small-,-*)

Edited by Ralle

the only way to feed animals at this time is with the trough .. but 3 days they should be ok if you have a full one

I keep several for my animals but my meat eaters i hand feed every few days and they haven't starved yet *cross fingers*

Unless they are babies they don't eat that much, I use grown vegetables or celery for mine which last a lot longer than berries

I am having this issue also, I had to rebuild my animal pen due to not being able to reach everyone. The base looked presentable and now it looks like a mess.

Plus having forced to log in on a daily bases to make sure everyone is still alive.

Edited by RipPaw

crops last 10h each in a feeding trough so vege's will be fine for ages.

meat eaters are more an issue, if you have ready access to salt, salted meat lasts 4h each so a stack of 30 will last 5 days.

most animals will last days without food so you can add a few more days on top of that.

that's the best i've come up with so far.

Plant some crops for the veggies And for meateaters Salted meat is the best,but if you Dont wanna Grind Salt You can also use cooked meat which stacks up to 30 instead of 20 which makes it Last a bit longer. We have around 800 tames on our Main Island And we manage to feed them with one Person if needed^^

Silo was thinking for wild food (berrys only).
My thinking of that is that they can make different silo´s for different food, like one for fruits, another one for vegetables etc, or combine all in one and make some limit to the ammount of each category that each silo can store, of course we can build more silos to increase the storage capacity.
There are big company´s and one man company, the big company´s dosent have ant problems about feeding animals for a long period of time when hollidays came, but,  the smallest ones and the one mans company have that real problem, and a changing on silos can fix that, but i´m not fan of a silo feeding everything without work... guess theres a few things like this one that can be fixed with NPC workers, in this particular case one NPC could take care of the job (go on silo, get the proper ressources and put them on the feeding boxes), could have others for ladders, others that collect creature feces and make fertilizer, this will reduce the ammount of time that players spend on tasks wich I think they shouldn´t spend, NPC´s are the best way...

Edited by Barba Negra

27 minutes ago, Barba Negra said:

Silo was thinking for wild food (berrys only).
My thinking of that is that they can make different silo´s for different food, like one for fruits, another one for vegetables etc, or combine all in one and make some limit to the ammount of each category that each silo can store, of course we can build more silos to increase the storage capacity.
There are big company´s and one man company, the big company´s dosent have ant problems about feeding animals for a long period of time when hollidays came, but,  the smallest ones and the one mans company have that real problem, and a changing on silos can fix that, but i´m not fan of a silo feeding everything without work... guess theres a few things like this one that can be fixed with NPC workers, in this particular case one NPC could take care of the job (go on silo, get the proper ressources and put them on the feeding boxes), could have others for ladders, others that collect creature feces and make fertilizer, this will reduce the ammount of time that players spend on tasks wich I think they shouldn´t spend, NPC´s are the best way...

I never minded feeding at all, but i still agree it would be a huge QoL improvement. Yet Maybe Not for the whole Island,rather cover a way larger Area,as i think tames that are not Getting Fed or were forgotten somewhere should still die of starvation.but as it is right now you have so many feeding throughs to Check And refill because of the small Radius of it. Also happened that we had 1 through in the North And One in the South but there was a tiny Spot in the middle of the pen that Wasnt covered.yet there Needs to be some Kind of Natural Selection to keep Economy going. Like Crows as soon as they are able to get to Level 130 they are in the base forever And Most Likely Never die,so After all ppl bought one,the Crow market is gone

On 9/1/2019 at 8:47 PM, zottel said:

Like Crows as soon as they are able to get to Level 130 they are in the base forever And Most Likely Never die,so After all ppl bought one,the Crow market is gone 

QFT. Same for all other farmer too.

Only tames on ships/exploration die more frequently for my understanding.
RIP maket after saturation.

Yeah as tames are Getting stronger there is close to Nothing that can kill them. So Either ppl buy new tames because they are stronger than what they have,but even then we will Hit the Level cap at some Point, or tames must die somehow so the market still works.