Sign in to follow this  
The D Legacy

Guil Wars 2

Well yesterday i watched the stream and hearing the new guy presenting himself when he told us about his MMO expertise he mentioned ArenaNet wich are the developers of Guild Wars 2, i was surprised and quite happy, for those who doesnt know it, GW2 is a fantastic open world MMORPG game that has been out there for a while now. so for some reason i started thinking what if atlas were to add some of the ideas that were so successful in GW2:

Dynamic Events Or also called World Events: one of the most entertaning activities in GW2 were these dynamic events, these were events that had to be triggered within a specific time frame to be active, you would trigger them by completing a series of mini story lines (wich were a complement of the main story) and had to be tackled in perfect coordination with other groups of people, so what was so good about them?

1) At any given time of the day there were world events avaliable, so your working schedule didnt matter, you could have fun at any time

2) Even tho they were easy they required coordination, so people had to follow the lead of 1-4 commander/s

3) You didnt need to belong a guild to participate, you only needed to join a random squad who had a commander (can recall if it was called commander) he could be any person who previously met some requirements (in short someone who knew what he was doing)

4) Even tho there was a finite number of events, they would usually require 4 teams to clear it up, each team had the same goal but the path to that goal was completely different in each case, offering a lot of replayability (and the variety of events was crazy big)

5) They were meaningfull, a successful completion of these event would grant you several things from dismantlable gear to special points to spend in a special vendor to buy the materials needed to craft legendary stuff

6) You could join and complete them regardless of your equipment, what mattered was that you contributed to finish it

Boss Trains: Can you imagine a fuck ton of ships sailing togheter to kill a boss that just spawned, and then another, and another and another, it was fun, it was convenient (you had teleports close to the boss spawn, so you would try not to die, but in the event of you dying you could just come back in a moment), you could get ascended gear pieces at a low rate, meaning some nice extra money aside from more special points for legendary stuff, they had attack patterns wich made the fight dynamic and fun

Speciail Type Monsters: this monsters were soloable but the risk of dying was always there, they would give "karma" so farming them was a very good strategy to make money by crafting

Right now i am sleepy, so i will leave out some of the rest of the content gw2 offered, but i think these ideas in particualr could be adapted very well into the atlas world after they optimize the game for obvious reasons

ps: please do not compare this with the kraken thing wich takes hrs of preparation and is a very dull fight

Edited by The D Legacy

Gw2 looked good, but was one of the nonconformity game in this genre, I ever played.

Absolutely not balanced for pvp. With the right build you ware able to eliminate hundreds of enemy players with only 3...5 ppl. 

Then it had no real role-management. A healer or tank didn't exist in my opinion as long as a DD can heal up the group better than anyone else a.e.

Then these lags and servers who were more than just at the limit. What a mess to fight in the open pvp-lagzone.

To say it's a good choice to hire one of the gw2 team is like you would say: the devs did a great job in the last two months... You see, one lie wheys the same as the other.

After bashing all and winning everything because it was so fucking easy, I quit the game after two months or so. Just boring and a huge bug-collection.

13 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

Gw2 looked good, but was one of the nonconformity game in this genre, I ever played.

Absolutely not balanced for pvp. With the right build you ware able to eliminate hundreds of enemy players with only 3...5 ppl. 

Then it had no real role-management. A healer or tank didn't exist in my opinion as long as a DD can heal up the group better than anyone else a.e.

Then these lags and servers who were more than just at the limit. What a mess to fight in the open pvp-lagzone.

To say it's a good choice to hire one of the gw2 team is like you would say: the devs did a great job in the last two months... You see, one lie wheys the same as the other.

After bashing all and winning everything because it was so fucking easy, I quit the game after two months or so. Just boring and a huge bug-collection.

i forgot to mention that i was referrng to PVE aspects, i never bother with MMOs pvp, it usually is very hard to have a balanced pvp in any game, but the fact that gw2 is one of the big mmos out there right now in terms of population togheter with ffxiv tells that a lot of things were done right, and i can corroborate that from my own experience there.

Edited by The D Legacy

25 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

i forgot to mention that i was referrng to PVE aspects, i never bother with MMOs pvp...

Well now it makes sense that PVP balancing is dead last on their road map... hired the wrong guy from the wrong game for the wrong problem to solve... 😖

Carthago delenda est and fix PVP !

9 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

Well now it makes sense that PVP balancing is dead last on their road map... hired the wrong guy from the wrong game for the wrong problem to solve... 😖

you are jumping to conclusions on your own without reading properly, so allow me to make a map for you:

1.- GW2 has PVP

2.- It is me who has never bothered with pvp

3.- Atlas has pvp and pve servers, but even pvp servers are based on a pve experience before you jump into pvp (just as any other mmorpg in existence)

if what you are looking for is PVP all day long i suggest you not to play the MMORPG genre, since as its name indicates a big part of it is about RPG, rather you should probably go to League of Legends, DoTA, Fornite, CSGO, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor wich focus 100% on pvp experiences.

1 hour ago, The D Legacy said:

you are jumping to conclusions on your own without reading properly...

Thanks to your thread we now know where the guy comes from and that that games PVP side is also a mess... this corresponds well with what we saw in the stream, where PVP is also the least of their new concerns, while it is the main cause for many of the PVE problems in this PVP game...

As you seem to not play PVP they only thing you will notice in Atlas that PVE is broken because it has not enough PVP mechanics...

On the PVP side everything including the PVE is broken because of the PVP imbalance...

That conclusion was not jumped on because of your thread, but way way way before, if you take notice of this forums...

You just only confirmed it even more with your tidbit...

2 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

Thanks to your thread we now know where the guy comes from and that that games PVP side is also a mess... this corresponds well with what we saw in the stream, where PVP is also the least of their new concerns, while it is the main cause for many of the PVE problems in this PVP game...

As you seem to not play PVP they only thing you will notice in Atlas that PVE is broken because it has not enough PVP mechanics...

On the PVP side everything including the PVE is broken because of the PVP imbalance...

That conclusion was not jumped on because of your thread, but way way way before, if you take notice of this forums...

You just only confirmed it even more with your tidbit...

Thanks to your thread we now know where the guy comes from

you really have comprehension issues if you didnt hear him say so himself

PVP is also the least of their new concerns, while it is the main cause for many of the PVE problems in this PVP game

i dont give a fuck, this tread is releated to PvE ideas

the PVE is broken because of the PVP imbalance...

i am pretty sure PvE only servers suffer from PvP ROFL

again, how is that remotely related to the PvE servers?

this is what i am reading:

tears tears pvp

tears pvp tears

pvp tears tears

do you have the intelectual capacity to realize this tread is none related to your pvp issues? i will say it for the last time i am talking about PvE content in the PvE seccion of the atlas forums, go to the appropiate seccion.

Edited by The D Legacy

Well, all the player related problems with the PVE servers is due to missing PVP mechanics to resolve player vs player issues in PVE... foundation spam anyone...?

Atlas is not a PVE only playable game... the crying and leaving PVE players prove it in this forum allmost daily...

They want protection this and and restriction that against other players doing legit things within the game mechanic against which PVE does not allow protection or solution... therefore the crying by people like you about PVE...

And then again thanks to you we now know that they still dont have anyone capable person to solve the problems this game has... PVP mechanics is dead last on their agenda, but the main reason people are leaving PVP and PVE servers...

19 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

4) Even tho there was a finite number of events, they would usually require 4 teams to clear it up, each team had the same goal but the path to that goal was completely different in each case, offering a lot of replayability (and the variety of events was crazy big)

From Dollies stream recap thread:

“Factions, which are very early in design right now, but are something that we’re very interested in from both a gameplay and a narrative perspective as a means of giving players across multiple companies shared goals.“

@Legacy... seems you will get what you want... good and hard... the wrong fix for the wrong game... because the new one trick pony can only do that one trick... and that is a hammer, so everything looks like a nail... getting bashed down and damn the torpedos...

Well, all the player related problems with the PVE servers is due to missing PVP mechanics to resolve player vs player issues in PVE... foundation spam anyone...?

Atlas is not a PVE only playable game... the crying and leaving PVE players prove it in this forum allmost daily...

They want protection this and and restriction that against other players doing legit things within the game mechanic against which PVE does not allow protection or solution... therefore the crying by people like you about PVE...

And then again thanks to you we now know that they still dont have anyone capable person to solve the problems this game has... PVP mechanics is dead last on their agenda, but the main reason people are leaving PVP and PVE servers...

not at all, just becuse devs are so lazy as to give the same set up rules for pve and pvp (wich is completely wrong) doesnt mean PvE cannot be a proper peacefull experience ( ofc at this rate this will happen when they gods descend upon us and hell freezes over) i can come up with a solution to the fundation spam in 1 minute (but i dont get paid for it so 🤷‍♂️ )

thats because the game is a mess everywhere you look, that doesnt prove a connection between pvp and pve (at least in pve only servers)

the fuck??? so i propose ideas to make the game more fun and i am crying??? 🤔 you rly need to chill and focus on the topic mate, you are trying to force pvp into this thread and it rly doesnt fit.

do i have to repeat the same answer to the same comment as in thepost above??

Edited by The D Legacy

From Dollies stream recap thread:

“Factions, which are very early in design right now, but are something that we’re very interested in from both a gameplay and a narrative perspective as a means of giving players across multiple companies shared goals.“

@Legacy... seems you will get what you want... good and hard... the wrong fix for the wrong game... because the new one trick pony can only do that one trick... and that is a hammer, so everything looks like a nail... getting bashed down and damn the torpedos...

did you quote me by mistake?? what i was suggesting has nothing to do with factions, actually we dont know if they are talking about pvp based factions, or factions as in trader, navy, pirates and such, the first belongs to pvp only the second would mainly be of iinterest for pve.

to make it clear (once more) what i am suggesting is world events wich fit pve and pvp servers,  but it is not a solution for pvp unbalance because it. has. nothing. to do. with it. they are different subjects

47 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

did you quote me by mistake??

Obviously not...

And it was more about the quest across multiple companies thing... 

And it is sad that you not see the implications in what comes out of your keyboard... be it PVP related, PVE related or GuildWars2 related... Extremly sad because you started the thread in the first place... and still dont get it...

12 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

Obviously not...

And it was more about the quest across multiple companies thing... 

And it is sad that you not see the implications in what comes out of your keyboard... be it PVP related, PVE related or GuildWars2 related... Extremly sad because you started the thread in the first place... and still dont get it...

its been made clear that you are mad at the fact that pvp rebalance is been delayed, we get it, but you are not the only person playing the game you kno? i dont do any pvp at all and i want this type of content implemeted, anyways as of now the only thing we can do is to say what we want and hope its eventually gets implemented, but i will give you the same advice i have followed, quit the game, play something else and when this shit is completed try it again, your ammount of accumulaterd anger will grow up by a lot otherwise (i dont blame you, as i said i am doing the same)