Sign in to follow this  
Largocarne

Island owner rights?

Alright,

So I have been on an island for a while and the island ownership has shifted hands a few times. The last time it was a direct release from one owner for the intention for the new owner to take it. There was no opportunity for anyone else to claim at all.

Since they new owner has taken the island they have decided that we are griefers because of a structure that was placed  prior to their ownership. 1, 1x2 building. Since then, they have placed endless amounts of random structures to include pillars w/ white flags, foundations capped with a bed, and small houses and homes. These  structures were initially placed all around our current base and misc structures. Some of them are blocking resource spawns and prevent us from building new buildings entirely. This includes structures placed in the water. They have used their owner abilities to remove any walls or fresh builds as well which I understand is part of their ingame granted permission. They are actively trying to single handedly drive us from the island, one that they have no complete base on of their own and they are too pre-occupied in harassing us to even work on it. 

Their claim is we are trying to dominate the island which is simply not true. They own 2 islands within our region and have already driven other companies off of their second island. Most everything I have seen sadly says this is allowed since the islands are still under their claim.

Overall, it feels like players are still getting shafted by the claim/own system. It feels like the wild west, and if you own something, you win. My company was cheated out of any opportunity to have it and are now being targeted. Is this what the game devs intended to allow to happen? Is it the intent for crap like this to keep happening?

Sorry to hear the new owner isn't happy with you guys as settlers.  If i were you I would just move to another island rather than engage with them and waste your time.  I know that probably doesn't seem ideal to you since you have lived there longer than they have but it is a risk you take when you settle somewhere.  A lot of island owners don't mind settlers but some would rather have the place to themselves and I feel that's within their rights.  You have the right to try to stay there and fight with them but since it's their claim they can do more to bother you than you can to bother them.   There are probably a lot of islands that can be claimed since the population is so low, or other people willing to sell you a claim on an island they don't need, and of course there is always lawless or finding an owner that wants you there.   

Why didn't you want to own this island?

There are rules, they are clear, and those who are not satisfied to live on a foreign island, under a tax of 20%, they can live in lowless regions, or have their own island, and pay for its maintenance.

10 hours ago, Largocarne said:

Alright,

So I have been on an island for a while and the island ownership has shifted hands a few times. The last time it was a direct release from one owner for the intention for the new owner to take it. There was no opportunity for anyone else to claim at all.

Since they new owner has taken the island they have decided that we are griefers because of a structure that was placed  prior to their ownership. 1, 1x2 building. Since then, they have placed endless amounts of random structures to include pillars w/ white flags, foundations capped with a bed, and small houses and homes. These  structures were initially placed all around our current base and misc structures. Some of them are blocking resource spawns and prevent us from building new buildings entirely. This includes structures placed in the water. They have used their owner abilities to remove any walls or fresh builds as well which I understand is part of their ingame granted permission. They are actively trying to single handedly drive us from the island, one that they have no complete base on of their own and they are too pre-occupied in harassing us to even work on it. 

Their claim is we are trying to dominate the island which is simply not true. They own 2 islands within our region and have already driven other companies off of their second island. Most everything I have seen sadly says this is allowed since the islands are still under their claim.

Overall, it feels like players are still getting shafted by the claim/own system. It feels like the wild west, and if you own something, you win. My company was cheated out of any opportunity to have it and are now being targeted. Is this what the game devs intended to allow to happen? Is it the intent for crap like this to keep happening?

If you guys are playing on EU PVE we would be more than happy to offer you a spot on Our Island in G10. We wont grief and we could also give you some foundations etc. so you dont need to farm that much, or give u an elephant giraffe and rhino to help get you back on foot again^^

14 hours ago, Daigari said:

Why didn't you want to own this island?

There are rules, they are clear, and those who are not satisfied to live on a foreign island, under a tax of 20%, they can live in lowless regions, or have their own island, and pay for its maintenance.

You Dont get taxed on PVE anymore, the Island owner gets 20% into the Bank but the settler still get 100% of what they farmed

Sorry for not opening the post in a couple of days but here's to try and answer some of the follow up questions. 

@8ballWe were cheated out of the opportunity to own the island because the island flag was deliberately taken down with the new owner on standby to immediately take new claim. So there was 0 opportunity for anyone close to even have the chance to claim unless they were stalking the exact moment the flag came down.

@Daigari We did want to own the island. We still want to own the island, but the real shitty thing is, the person who released the island ownership did so while moving and took little to nothing with them and also left all of their gold for the new company to take.

@blitzed909 Thank you for your understanding. We're sincerely trying not to move because of one prick. We've been a fairly level headed company, we don't block off or pillar anything or practiced "reserving" build locations. So to have someone come in and drop crap everywhere and destroying anything we couldn't protect was a bit more than irritating. It's understood we can easily move to a new island, as there are plenty near us we could claim and not struggle much while changing our immediate available resources but.... should we even have to?

Over the course of a few days we learned a few things. 1. this company owns multiple islands in our current grid, one of them is 100% abandoned and they won't release control. We also learned that this is their 3rd island to own and is nothing more than a satellite base to them... which is again, their second island in the grid with the island being abandoned. Some of it is me and a few others simply being stubborn about not wanting to be pushed around. It's been  my experience in life that if you let someone push you around once they are more inclined to do it in the future, so no I won't give up so easily and go belly up!

Since my original post we did have a member give them everything they wanted and things have gotten a little better since then. The fact still remains that we were grieved for days over a older structure that was placed when they had no interaction with the island. They wanted the structure removed but instead of talking to our company like a reasonable human the griefing began immediately. Their mentality of "I'm the island owner, I shouldn't have to ask" is what truly annoyed us. Yet it feels like this attitude is not only being allowed but being promoted. 

Hi.

And my guess is that things going to be worst in a near future...
One thing that GM´s didnt realized yet is that the PVE guys dosent care about PVP at all, claiming mechanics are far from ideal, and the old claim system dosent work either.
I know that everyone wants a claim, however I guess that is not possible at all, however my oppinion on that is:
Islands in PVE could and should be parcelled by the owners.
Owners should have full control from their island by setting their island for company/allies and settlers only.
Owners should have a control board of their Island and can reserve at the most 50/60% of their island for them (if they want all that space of course).
The control board of the island should allow owner to make its own deals with settlers and deal could be different between settlers.
That deal leads to a contract that can be temporary (days, months, years) or permanent.  That contract are valid as long the settler dosent break any of the terms.
Settlers can build only on their parcel, buildings out of their parcel can be demolished only by the owners.
If settler breaks any term, owners could close the contract and settler should have a timer ( 3/5/7/15 days) to retract its belongs and leave or make another deal wit the owner if its owner wish.
Ressources on islands should be available to everyone.
Buildings or other structures can be allowed if its not a settler (treasure map cases where sometimes its necessary to build ramps for access to the treasure site), however that builds can be demolished at anytime by owners or settlers only.
A flag will be provided for every parcel if its not the owner (everyone likes to see their flag on the wind).

Guess this is the ideal for claiming.

I feel for you, recently experienced this myself as the original occupant of an island that has switched owners a few times, the latest tyrant is doing everything in his power to make life there intolerable for the previous occupants without any warning.

One of the only negative experiences I have had on PVE actually. He strikes me as a PVP refugee just looking for someone to fight within the limits of the PVE rules. Not much of a stretch to imagine he is the type that got exterminated and persecuted in PVP.