Sign in to follow this  
zottel

A Happy Time

While everyone is in a Kind of Doomsday mood atm And the Forums are flooded with 2 Million Threads about a wipe imagine that somewhere there is someone Sitting infront of his PC enjoying the Game And has a really Good Time until he steps into the Forum And gets Knocked out from negativity And Doomsday messages. While many People Hit 1k hours already but there are also New Players Who still enjoy And explore this new world.all that negativity effects People And spreads like a disease. We all waiting for new content And Bug fixes right now but remember how you left the freeport on a Raft, blindly stepping onto the golden Age Island And get Killed. Remember the First Ship you build and what a big thing even the First schooner was. Remind Yourself of the First plank you lost And the First SotD that you sunk. Your First Tame you had. Treasure Maps You did Without Tames,even the 100s People Running naked to the FoY, or the First Hydra you Killed. All that Stuff is still new And amazing to so many Players. So please Dont Ruin it for them 🙂 #JatsHatforZottel

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure this amount of negativity is because of the frustration of the entire playerbase. All who hoped for the best because they are swimming in the sea because of no concrete announcement since two months. And what we get delivered is another delay because of people who are not in the entire playerbase now... Confused

Edited by Forb Hidden

1 hour ago, zottel said:

While everyone is in a Kind of Doomsday mood atm And the Forums are flooded with 2 Million Threads about a wipe imagine that somewhere there is someone Sitting infront of his PC enjoying the Game And has a really Good Time until he steps into the Forum And gets Knocked out from negativity And Doomsday messages. 

I agree somewhat.  Many people I know started talking about quitting as soon as a bunch of people starting posting on the forums with great confidence and surety (but not a single fact) that a wipe was coming soon.  It demoralizes everyone.

On the other hand, there's got to be some place to tell the devs about thing we don't like (and things we like).

Maybe people can be made to realize that if they're having fun in the game, that's all that matters, and those of us here complaining are for the most part still playing, which tells you that there's still good reasons to be here.

For new players (or prospective players) who actually pay attention to the forums (and that is certainly a minority of the current playerbase), all the complaining probably inoculates them fairly well.

If I read these forums and then chose to discover the game anyway, i am sure my first reaction at this point would be - "It has some rough edges, but this is way better than I expected."

That was my first reaction back when the rough edges included insta-death mountainclimbing, incomprehendible UI, super insane vitamin depletion, and almost constant freezing and frying conditions, and most of those have been improved or fixed since then.

8 minutes ago, Sleepinator2000 said:

For new players (or prospective players) who actually pay attention to the forums (and that is certainly a minority of the current playerbase), all the complaining probably inoculates them fairly well.

If I read these forums and then chose to discover the game anyway, i am sure my first reaction at this point would be - "It has some rough edges, but this is way better than I expected."

That was my first reaction back when the rough edges included insta-death mountainclimbing, incomprehendible UI, super insane vitamin depletion, and almost constant freezing and frying conditions, and most of those have been improved or fixed since then.

Yeah that would be the opposit which those negativ Post can do, you go in with low expectations And then its way better than it got described in the Forums. But the demoralization that @Winter Thornementioned seems to actually effect the mayority of the player base. But we are Getting alot of new Players on the PVE Servers recently. While others use player Tracker or the steamcharts i can also See the Change in Game And on our trading discord how many New Pirates we get that join our discord looking for tames or just to ask questions. While we also See many Newcomers for our weekly kraken Events each week

well I've been playing since release and I like the game, I liked it at the start and I still like and play it now and there are a lot of us that do. And some of us on this forum hit back at any mindless toxicity that is aimed at the game on a regular basis. Although I still believe players have the right to voice their opinions, or suggest changes to the game. But I agree that a lot of the toxicity puts new players off from playing, much more so than any game bugs will. And I am sure that is the intention of some people too, not all toxics, but some.

29 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

well I've been playing since release and I like the game, I liked it at the start and I still like and play it now and there are a lot of us that do. And some of us on this forum hit back at any mindless toxicity that is aimed at the game on a regular basis. Although I still believe players have the right to voice their opinions, or suggest changes to the game. But I agree that a lot of the toxicity puts new players off from playing, much more so than any game bugs will. And I am sure that is the intention of some people too, not all toxics, but some.

Sure the Forums are Mainly there as a way to communicate between Players And devs but there still is a Big difference in constructive critism And just writing alot of Bullshit Without actually facts or the way you Write your concerns/Problems/issue in this forum. As People tend to mostly Point out negativ stuff way faster than Saying what they actually like,One might think we should make more posts about what we like. Its not only to motivate Players BUT also the. Dev Team which kinda Start their day Reading 50 negativ threads And 1 from Realist. 

6 hours ago, zottel said:

While everyone is in a Kind of Doomsday mood atm And the Forums are flooded with 2 Million Threads about a wipe imagine that somewhere there is someone Sitting infront of his PC enjoying the Game And has a really Good Time until he steps into the Forum And gets Knocked out from negativity And Doomsday messages. While many People Hit 1k hours already but there are also New Players Who still enjoy And explore this new world.all that negativity effects People And spreads like a disease. We all waiting for new content And Bug fixes right now but remember how you left the freeport on a Raft, blindly stepping onto the golden Age Island And get Killed. Remember the First Ship you build and what a big thing even the First schooner was. Remind Yourself of the First plank you lost And the First SotD that you sunk. Your First Tame you had. Treasure Maps You did Without Tames,even the 100s People Running naked to the FoY, or the First Hydra you Killed. All that Stuff is still new And amazing to so many Players. So please Dont Ruin it for them 🙂 #JatsHatforZottel

if that player is enjoying atas so much as you premise indicates, and he stops enjoying it after coming to the forums and read about the wipe, then:

A) that person has no personality (liking or disliking something just because others like it or not)

B) that person realized his hard earned stuff will be lost

c) the game was not that fun to begin with

what you are suggesting is we all play a big charade, a farse, wich only purpose would be to keep that person from knowing the real state of the game, i have always believed the best option for those oversensitive players with such a fragile soul is to play the solo version of the game. but to ask lots of people to censor themselfs for the sake of a big ass lie....well thats ....at the very least ...a mistake

Edited by The D Legacy

5 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

I agree somewhat.  Many people I know started talking about quitting as soon as a bunch of people starting posting on the forums with great confidence and surety (but not a single fact) that a wipe was coming soon.  It demoralizes everyone.

On the other hand, there's got to be some place to tell the devs about thing we don't like (and things we like).

Maybe people can be made to realize that if they're having fun in the game, that's all that matters, and those of us here complaining are for the most part still playing, which tells you that there's still good reasons to be here. 

well developers know about this question, and choose to avoid it, that very telling, so i dont think peoples posts are to blame, people is not considering to quit because of the posts, they are considering  to quit because of the wipe itself, THAT is what demoralises people.

"Maybe people can be made to realize that if they're having fun in the game, that's all that matters"

it isnt, because for some people their fun comes from achieving objectives (i am one of those people) wich is why i am not playing, because i know wipes will happen.

@The D LegacyNo One Asked for a censorship or so. But reading over And over again how shit something is is demotivating. It also has Nothing to do with not having an own opinion, from a psychological aspect its just a Natural thing to Start disliking stuff if you just get enough negativity about something. The Stream was a kinda dumb idea imo as they did it. They Kind of made it like Super Big And Important And the Stream itself hasnt Said too much. But it Basicly Said what People Wanted, fix Bugs before adding new stuff.now People Want content 

32 minutes ago, zottel said:

@The D LegacyNo One Asked for a censorship or so. But reading over And over again how shit something is is demotivating. It also has Nothing to do with not having an own opinion, from a psychological aspect its just a Natural thing to Start disliking stuff if you just get enough negativity about something. The Stream was a kinda dumb idea imo as they did it. They Kind of made it like Super Big And Important And the Stream itself hasnt Said too much. But it Basicly Said what People Wanted, fix Bugs before adding new stuff.now People Want content 

well i get that people can get tired of something, but we have the freedom of not reading something if it bother us, i think its important we respect when people wanna express themselfs.

to be honest all this would be over with a simple confirmation from the devs

People are not complaining about this game being broken, we, mostly, understand that's it is currently in development, what is bothering is a complete lack of communication on official channels. Some dudes had to drag poor Dolly to some obscure private NA stream to get ANY information out of her after that disaster of a stream - that's why people are salty. 

Edited by Whisky Bob
  • Like 2

There is no question that I enjoy the game. Any negativity that you may perceive, can also been seen as positivity.

Instead of a "happy time" i just wish for a "balanced time".

You can't have the happy without the sad.

If people are sad, use that as an opportunity to make them happy.

There are MANY who come up negative in the forums who are honestly,  just giving an opinion and they will actually outline why they have that opinion on one thing or another about the game and that's the kind of feedback that is very good for game development.  Many of those opinions are just that, an opinion.. some want pvp focus, some want content focus, some JUST want to be able to log in.. heh. I  like to read what others are having trouble with or the insights they may have on improving the game even when  I personally disagree with them at times.  Just because something is valid for me don't make it so for someone else.

Now, when you get those post that are for no reason other than to flame the devs or the game and really, have no other purpose, that's nothing but toxic, why are those ops even here. 😛

Many many people who DO complain are doing so because they actually ENJOY the base of the game and just want to see it become something brilliant in the end.

• Like 1

I can't care less about people compaining in social media. But in the EU PVP scene several of the biggest companies have just popcorned their stuff, demolished their bases, killed their animals and sunk their ships. If this continues, by the time they release the Xbox client and next update, the old empires server would feel crowded in comparison to how EU colonies is going to feel.

11 hours ago, znasser said:

. But in the EU PVP scene several of the biggest companies have just popcorned their stuff, demolished their bases, killed their animals and sunk their ships.

So, they cleaned up after themselves, nice of them.  Company wipe.