3 minutes ago, Sheepshooter said:

If you believe in it very hard it might happen, snowflake...

But they already said otherwise...

So you will be like everyone else that buys a game late 'in the game'...

And even if, you will be left behind so fast even if you come online first on a new server...

There is that name calling I have come to love lol

but no, you are flat out lying. They did not say otherwise. I mean you can say I am speculating all you want but you just straight out lied right there and said they said something that they did not.

Edited by Realist

To my knowledge they have not said either way.

They have said however that they have not decided if they will wipe or not, and that at least means a wipe is not needed.

In the past they have said they would not wipe unless it was needed for technical reasons, but I don't trust them enough to rely on that.

There is already a divide between console and PC players, they will perpetuate this with a wipe.

And if there is a wipe, does any colsole player believe they can win a claim race with experienced PC players?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Realist said:

There is that name calling I have come to love lol

but no, you are flat out lying. They did not say otherwise. I mean you can say I am speculating all you want but you just straight out lied right there and said they said something that they did not.

- Denial (<-- you are here)
- Anger
- Bargaining
- Depression
- Acceptance

Adding to Jack Shandy's correct recap of what they said and want to do if possible...:
- They said they are looking at not wiping on XBOX - because the game has no major changes that warrant a wipe...
- They will even try to implement the new map layout (moving islands, deleting islands, adding islands) without a wipe... meaning anyone on those deleted islands and maybe the moved around ones gets island wiped... still no wipe if possible
- The next thing I can think of which could use a wipe is their intent to massively change the BP system, from a gear based meta to a player-skill based meta... meaning all the old BPs and the gear made from it have to go... guess what, they did not wipe when they had to get rid of this before... the just deleted the duped/illegal crafted stuff, many boats sunk when their planks disappeared... still no wipe needed...

And guess what, it is EA, they can wipe you individually if need be... 

And than again the obvious reason not to wipe just because of you - why should they?
You buy a MMO game at some point, should they just wipe because you joined?
And should they wipe you when your buddy joins...?
If XBOX sells work well that would be 50k wipes...
That is the snowflake in you... wanting a participation trophy and a wipe, because you deserve it...

And coming back to Jack Shandy, the only hope the XBOX Bobs can have if there is a wipe, to grab anything in the claim race against the PC Bobs, is that every PC Bob would go out to GOS (grief on sight) Realist, just because... will Realist take one for the team...?!?! 🤨

But I don't want to make you out as a special snowflake... currently, because other snowflakes thought there would be a wipe now (stream time - which would be funny if they would wipe again few months later for XBOX, giving only a few months to play) almost everyone is going crazy and wiping everyone until they get wiped... the current destruction is so, that the servers might be decayed into 'wipe-like' conditions when XBOX comes...

3 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

- Denial (<-- you are here)
- Anger
- Bargaining
- Depression
- Acceptance

Adding to Jack Shandy's correct recap of what they said and want to do if possible...:
- They said they are looking at not wiping on XBOX - because the game has no major changes that warrant a wipe...
- They will even try to implement the new map layout (moving islands, deleting islands, adding islands) without a wipe... meaning anyone on those deleted islands and maybe the moved around ones gets island wiped... still no wipe if possible
- The next thing I can think of which could use a wipe is their intent to massively change the BP system, from a gear based meta to a player-skill based meta... meaning all the old BPs and the gear made from it have to go... guess what, they did not wipe when they had to get rid of this before... the just deleted the duped/illegal crafted stuff, many boats sunk when their planks disappeared... still no wipe needed...

And guess what, it is EA, they can wipe you individually if need be... 

And than again the obvious reason not to wipe just because of you - why should they?
You buy a MMO game at some point, should they just wipe because you joined?
And should they wipe you when your buddy joins...?
If XBOX sells work well that would be 50k wipes...
That is the snowflake in you... wanting a participation trophy and a wipe, because you deserve it...

And coming back to Jack Shandy, the only hope the XBOX Bobs can have if there is a wipe, to grab anything in the claim race against the PC Bobs, is that every PC Bob would go out to GOS (grief on sight) Realist, just because... will Realist take one for the team...?!?! 🤨

But I don't want to make you out as a special snowflake... currently, because other snowflakes thought there would be a wipe now (stream time - which would be funny if they would wipe again few months later for XBOX, giving only a few months to play) almost everyone is going crazy and wiping everyone until they get wiped... the current destruction is so, that the servers might be decayed into 'wipe-like' conditions when XBOX comes...

No, that is not the case as at all and that is a bad argument. No, of course they don’t need to wipe anytime anyone joins. Xbox release will be a new day one. Xbox players were not able to play on pc day one so that is the big difference. If someone chooses to buy the game later after day one then they made that choice. The day one Xbox people didn’t have the choice. “Buying a pc” would be the stupidest possible rebuttal so please don’t try to use it.

you are missing the main words they said though “if possible”. Those are very important words to them because it allows them to ease the blow. It allows them to say “sorry we did everything we could but it was avoidable” (which is what will happen). Some people will even believe that(which is fine) but that won’t be the case.

launching again especially with crossplay with steam which is still a new thing will be hard enough. You add in changing layouts? Nah these guys can’t pull that off without a wipe.

Edited by Realist

3 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

To my knowledge they have not said either way.

They have said however that they have not decided if they will wipe or not, and that at least means a wipe is not needed.

In the past they have said they would not wipe unless it was needed for technical reasons, but I don't trust them enough to rely on that.

There is already a divide between console and PC players, they will perpetuate this with a wipe.

And if there is a wipe, does any colsole player believe they can win a claim race with experienced PC players?

I am sure the console players still want everyone to start at the starting line. There are always going to be faster runners, why let the faster runners start 100 yards ahead of everyone else?

seems like a crappy race to watch.

a level playing field doesn’t mean a fair fight. A level playing field means everyone starting at the same time.

9 minutes ago, Realist said:

a level playing field doesn’t mean a fair fight. A level playing field means everyone starting at the same time.

It isn't going to be a level field for more than a few minutes.

At the last wipe we knew where we wanted to go, what mats and where to get them, even the route to take. It took us under an hour to have a bank and the flag down on our chosen island, and we were only a small group. Too small as it turns out, the company < island points at that time scuppered our well laid plans.

Do you want a wipe because you believe you are entitled to it?

4 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

It isn't going to be a level field for more than a few minutes.

At the last wipe we knew where we wanted to go, what mats and where to get them, even the route to take. It took us under an hour to have a bank and the flag down on our chosen island, and we were only a small group. Too small as it turns out, the company < island points at that time scuppered our well laid plans.

Do you want a wipe because you believe you are entitled to it?

Oh come on lol. exactly, the faster runner will always win. Who cares. It’s a game. Everyone starts at the starting line. If you run faster than me then ok it’s fine, you won fair and square.

am I going to be pissed if you start the race 100 yards ahead of me? Yep, I sure will be. Actually if I saw those people 100 yards ahead before the race started I probably wouldn’t bother racing(buying the game).

no, I don’t want the wipe because I am entitled to it. I want it because I actually want the game to succeed as is the opposite as it seems with pc. I can already see you guys really don’t care about the game at all. You can try to defend that but in the main scheme anyone that has the “I want to keep my stuff” mentality are the truly selfish ones. Who cares about anyone else as long as they get to keep their stuff.

you think console players want a hand or a leg up from you people? No, quite the opposite actually. They want to experience the game they way it was meant to be played. To be honest if I did bother buying the game without a wipe and someone tried to give me ships or high level BP’s I would probably just spout out a bunch of horrible things to them and sink the ship.

the easiest way to get bored of a game is to have all those things handed to you early on. You guys already killed your own experience.  Don’t kill ours as well even though I am sure you will. Smh

2 hours ago, Realist said:

No, that is not the case as at all ...

- Denial
- Anger
- Bargaining (<-- you are here)
- Depression
- Acceptance

So what you are saying is that every XBOX Bob that not gets the game on day one of your preciouse XBOX wipe will not buy the game, because Realist had a 100yds head start...🙄

Well, seems like we have to check our (other) PC privilege and accept daily wipes until no more XBOX Realists are buying the game... because every Realist deserves a wipe...

Hopefully his stuff gets wiped daily by us other Bobs, so he may learn that in this game it is not the end of the world when you have to start again, while others are further ahead... happens daily...

But I guess you complained to your mother after your birth that you were not born the same day as everyone else...

The trick is not that you start at the same time as everyone else... but to get ahead on your own, again and again... or do you also want equality in progression... like for every resource someone farms you get one too so you are not 'left behind'?

3 hours ago, Realist said:

I am sure the console players still want everyone to start at the starting line. There are always going to be faster runners, why let the faster runners start 100 yards ahead of everyone else?

seems like a crappy race to watch.

Wow. By faster you mean better, right? 😉

3 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

At the last wipe we knew where we wanted to go, what mats and where to get them, even the route to take. It took us under an hour to have a bank and the flag down on our chosen island...

If WPE is implemented the entire purpose of it is that it is not that easy to take an island, they will not be empty where first come first flag rules.   Need to defeat the wild pirates first.

6 hours ago, krazmuze said:

If WPE is implemented the entire purpose of it is that it is not that easy to take an island, they will not be empty where first come first flag rules.   Need to defeat the wild pirates first.

The News section on opening screen only says skins, cats & console. WPE also was never actually stated for anything but solo / private servers.