they know very well when they are wiping or not, only we will not know about it
as long as the developers are not honest I will not touch the game anymore .... it makes no sense.

18 hours ago, zottel said:

They havn't,had a talk with dollie And Jat After the Stream . Fact is that no matter if they wipe for crossplay or Not One side will be pissed. But imo its better to Not take away Couple of 1000 hours of ingame work rather than Give "potential" Long Term Players the opportunity to claim their Dream Island,as there are more than enough free atm. PVP might be a different Story tho

As long as there are enough islands in pve free (and they could add more for crossplay as well or exchange just some grids/ i am living on a tundra grid that is changed in ptr and i wouldn´t care if they do)) there is no necessity for wipe. In the end xbox players will be pissed if pc players take away hydra all the time because they need to do powerstones all over again (and farm mythos). And PC players will be faster to claim islands because they know exactly how to do. they will be faster in all aspects and this will piss new players more than just a merge.. I also didn´t join right after the first wipe and we found an island to claim . And it was nice to have people there who knew the game and helped. I remember the first days of the game when there was a constent quarrel for ressources because everyone wanted to build. Xbox players will have it easier if they do not have to fight for ressources. There is enough space (the game is designed not only for 1k player in all the grids). And i am quite sure they need to wipe latest for phase 4 again . if they implement a new map design there . If they wipe now and then again some months later this will be the death for the game. To be honest i do not really care about islands and building/tames. It is more that i do not want to do powerstones again. They were really boring and this won´t change for a long time after crossplay. As you said. PVP is something completely different. And there will be more than enough people snipping new players in freeport. But i think seasons in pvp make more sense (so wipe each year or something like that. there could be ranks...There is a lot of potential there. And having all on the same level in the beginning is more relevant). In pve things should be longer lasting. It is nice to see what other people build and did.
Furthermore if xbox players know there were already two wipes and one need to happen again, i do not think they will be willlingly buying the game during EA. We need to be honest, if we had known in December they would wipe so often we wouldn´t have touched the game in this intensity (thousands of hours). A lot of people would have waited until release. But they said back then there will be no wipe. Nowadays we know it cna happen all the time

Edited by Violetta

They don't need WIPE on current servers.
With the launch of XBOX, it is easier on new a new server with this CROSSPLAY.

Problem solved, does not harm anyone and anyone who wants to start again, can play on the new crossplay servers.

On 8/28/2019 at 10:45 PM, Realist said:

There is a 100% chance for a wipe. 

Except that there's not. Unless you have 100% proof, in which case you should share with the group what you have. You may feel strongly that they will wipe the servers, but that is still just your speculation, regardless of how many other people share that view, it is still just......"like, your opinion, man."

Don't get me wrong, I think there is a strong possibility they might do a wipe. I would put the odds as high as 50% that it will happen. Lets however not fail to appreciate that there are other options that might sell better to both sides. 

As someone said, they might just open a cross-play server. This might be the way to go and make everyone happy. Probably better odds of this than a wipe.

They might take into account the current player base size and the current decay settings (witch I LOVE, don't hate on them), and come to the conclusion that a wipe simply isn't necessary. Although to be fair this logic works both ways. They could easily fold in a few thousand x-box players and the current thousand or so already playing needn't worry due to the size and availability on the map.

It is also possible that there is only a partial wipe. Perhaps some grids get cleaned out, while others are left intact. This would facilitate adding or changing some of the grids with new biomes or land masses. This would also cater to the large companies as those grids are still relatively populated by said companies. Using past experience, we know that GS HEAVILY favors large companies (if not exclusively) and this would be in line with that tradition. This would also allow them to say they didn't do a "wipe", which is something they have publicly stated they wanted to try and avoid. These facts alone make this option far more legitimate that a complete wipe. 

Regardless, lets not allow this to overshadow the good news. We are getting cross play, that's an awesome thing. It's the way of the future that we should not be so segregated by who can and cannot afford a PC. We should celebrate the ability to play with all of the children who want to sail and get pirated like the rest of us adults. This is not a new or a scary thing. The UR4 engine has been out for many years and the x-box is perfectly capable of handling it. 

Welcome X-box players! Sorry Sony fans. As the Spiderman saga has shown us, they are just greedy assholes who don't care much what their customers want or think.

-CS

7 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

Except that there's not. Unless you have 100% proof, in which case you should share with the group what you have. You may feel strongly that they will wipe the servers, but that is still just your speculation, regardless of how many other people share that view, it is still just......"like, your opinion, man."

Don't get me wrong, I think there is a strong possibility they might do a wipe. I would put the odds as high as 50% that it will happen. Lets however not fail to appreciate that there are other options that might sell better to both sides. 

As someone said, they might just open a cross-play server. This might be the way to go and make everyone happy. Probably better odds of this than a wipe.

They might take into account the current player base size and the current decay settings (witch I LOVE, don't hate on them), and come to the conclusion that a wipe simply isn't necessary. Although to be fair this logic works both ways. They could easily fold in a few thousand x-box players and the current thousand or so already playing needn't worry due to the size and availability on the map.

It is also possible that there is only a partial wipe. Perhaps some grids get cleaned out, while others are left intact. This would facilitate adding or changing some of the grids with new biomes or land masses. This would also cater to the large companies as those grids are still relatively populated by said companies. Using past experience, we know that GS HEAVILY favors large companies (if not exclusively) and this would be in line with that tradition. This would also allow them to say they didn't do a "wipe", which is something they have publicly stated they wanted to try and avoid. These facts alone make this option far more legitimate that a complete wipe. 

Regardless, lets not allow this to overshadow the good news. We are getting cross play, that's an awesome thing. It's the way of the future that we should not be so segregated by who can and cannot afford a PC. We should celebrate the ability to play with all of the children who want to sail and get pirated like the rest of us adults. This is not a new or a scary thing. The UR4 engine has been out for many years and the x-box is perfectly capable of handling it. 

Welcome X-box players! Sorry Sony fans. As the Spiderman saga has shown us, they are just greedy assholes who don't care much what their customers want or think.

-CS

well i have to agree that wiping is the most likely option, unless they decide to spend extra money on 4 new servers wich i see unlikely considering how empty the current servers are, also it was bound to happen, either now or at the game release, so 🤷‍♂️

Edited by The D Legacy

Cleaning is not a solution ... in a moment in the future we will be exactly where we are today, what they have to do is add MECHANICS and give a meaning to the game

• Like 1

Check atlas new, they are trying to Not wipe the Servers when crossplay Hit 😛 told ya

15 minutes ago, zottel said:

Check atlas new, they are trying to Not wipe the Servers when crossplay Hit 😛 told ya

Where does it say this, can't find it.

"There have been many questions about whether this update will be bringing a wipe. To be frank, this is not something we’ve decided on yet. We’re currently exploring ways in which we can handle this release without wiping and there are quite a few technical considerations which may make this a possibility, but we’ll share more info with you as soon as we’re able to."

• Like 2

A feel a disturbance in the force, like if a million Realists cry out in pain and then were silenced...

Carthago delenda est and fix PVP !

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

A feel a disturbance in the force, like if a million Realists cry out in pain and then were silenced...

Carthago delenda est and fix PVP !

Atleast i can Prepare the pengiun Army i Promised him 🙂

A few months ago, I said here that I would only return after a cleaning, but I decided to go back and I hope the cleaning will not occur.

I had given up playing and spent two months without playing and right now that I go back to play and recover all that I had lost including finally got an island going to have clean again? !!

I even understand that people who want to clean up are part of the share of players who do not have an island and are forced to live without law (believe me, I know very well what it is) but there are currently many islands available on NA PVE , even in tropical or temperate zones, just look a little.

but if there's no solution and wipe is unavoidable for technical reasons don't exclude the damn char, get all discovery points for the third time nobody deserves it.

They will wipe anyone thinking there wont be one is fooling themselves.. And why am I so sure of this ??

Bringing in whole new group of players wont go well if they don't we will see post after post of how unfair it is PC players have everything land, resources ,ships ect ...ect ...ect  and negativity  is a contagious plague in the gaming community. Xbox players will be less likely to jump onboard if they feel disadvantaged in any way and at this point they need Xbox players servers are pretty bare .

And then there is this 

The world layout and network. Some of the points we’re currently exploring are a possible combined PvPvE network and different continental world layouts.

Translate that how you like .I see PvE servers getting the axe  and a new map layout and  what did we learn from last new map layout ....Thats right we lost everything including most of the population to gain a few more islands .

Anyway i doubt i will return to official any earlier then the xbox launch and not at all if it becomes PvP based 

P.S GS will dance around announcing the wipe with talk of how they might avoid it to keep the people still playing ....well playing ultimately there will be a wipe I honestly hope I'm wrong  

Edited by Maldreck
In addition to

Nope, they will lose the pve people still here if they force pvp on them. Granted they are down to just a couple hundred at any given time on any official server now, even less if you take all the bots that are there to pump server counts out of the mix. Game is b2p. They have no reason to make people who have already spent their money happy, not like they can cancel their subscription. How they choose to address server types, wipes, and taking care of their veterans is what will make or break them. They may think that thousands are going to flock to the game if they can just hold on till Xbox release, but what happened to save Ark most likely will not happen here. We lost another few company members during the wipe talk, and a few more the other day when the abortion of a livestream was put out. Hard to stay motivated when people you have played with for awhile message everyone and say "take my ships, animals, and crew if you want them. If not, just shoot them in the face or set them on fire so you don't have to worry about paying them or feeding them. I'm out, peace!" Made sure to not put any actual player names in the image, but people logged on for 166 hours non-stop?

Bots.png.0e387549c897b5ef87f34bc6c805f46e.png

Edited by UnknownSystemError

On 8/28/2019 at 8:50 PM, Grongash said:

Yay then i could stop maintenance without feeling bad and finally uninstall Atlas.

This. We need a clear answer about that wipe

a) yes

b) no

8 minutes ago, Talono said:

This. We need a clear answer about that wipe

a) yes

b) no

Wipe will be locked behind content for megas only 😉 they already Said They Look if its possible Without a wipe And  we just Need to wait a bit longer for an answer. Idm if they wipe And also happy if they Dont. If they wipe the pc Players will be pissed,if they Dont then Xbox Players will be pissed. All that Talking about wipe or Not,just enjoy the game

don't be fooled, the wipe is gona happen, they want fresh servers for the newbys. btw where is realist? he is usualy all over these kinds of topics.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, zottel said:

Wipe will be locked behind content for megas only 😉 they already Said They Look if its possible Without a wipe And  we just Need to wait a bit longer for an answer. Idm if they wipe And also happy if they Dont. If they wipe the pc Players will be pissed,if they Dont then Xbox Players will be pissed. All that Talking about wipe or Not,just enjoy the game

I dont believe that there are many mega companies left in Atlas. When the game came out there were tons of YouTube videos, today none at all.

I like the pirate setting, but i wont start from scratch again.

At the current rate of stupid behavior there will be none of the old megas left... everyone of them since the stream is quitting or going postal, mostly both... because they were expecting a wipe...
think about it, they wanted a wipe now and had to expect another one with XBOX, so in 3 months again...
now with Dollies post about the stream it more looks like that the next wipe will be way past the XBOX release...
so we are a looking at 5 months since last wipe and 3 months till possible next wipe, but maybe up to 6 months when they start changes (like the balancing of the BP system, which requires getting rid of the old BP stuff, but maybe they just remove them without wipe like the last time)... so we are 2/3 to 1/2 way through this season and people quitting because it is 'not worth it' playing for many many more months...

Also I getting more and more the impression that they actually will not wipe for XBOX... and why should they... wipe is only useful for the lag fest people that get in the first day... everyone that buys the game even a week after will be behind anyway... or are we so entitled already that everyone who buys a this type of MMO gets a wipe of everyone else when he first locks in ?!?!
If they make a wipe, what will happen is, that the PC players will make the gold rush knowing what they are doing, leaving any XBOX player in the dust... when the first XBOX reach a claimable island the will be greeted by brigs already...
If they don't wipe and the first XBOX player gets on, he will be greeted in Freeport by the PC players looking for new members or settlers, helping them out just to get fresh blood...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheepshooter said:

At the current rate of stupid behavior there will be none of the old megas left... everyone of them since the stream is quitting or going postal, mostly both... because they were expecting a wipe...
think about it, they wanted a wipe now and had to expect another one with XBOX, so in 3 months again...
now with Dollies post about the stream it more looks like that the next wipe will be way past the XBOX release...
so we are a looking at 5 months since last wipe and 3 months till possible next wipe, but maybe up to 6 months when they start changes (like the balancing of the BP system, which requires getting rid of the old BP stuff, but maybe they just remove them without wipe like the last time)... so we are 2/3 to 1/2 way through this season and people quitting because it is 'not worth it' playing for many many more months...

Also I getting more and more the impression that they actually will not wipe for XBOX... and why should they... wipe is only useful for the lag fest people that get in the first day... everyone that buys the game even a week after will be behind anyway... or are we so entitled already that everyone who buys a this type of MMO gets a wipe of everyone else when he first locks in ?!?!
If they make a wipe, what will happen is, that the PC players will make the gold rush knowing what they are doing, leaving any XBOX player in the dust... when the first XBOX reach a claimable island the will be greeted by brigs already...
If they don't wipe and the first XBOX player gets on, he will be greeted in Freeport by the PC players looking for new members or settlers, helping them out just to get fresh blood...

I agree with you there, I may be a helpful player, but only once I've got to where I want to be and am reasonably settled, don't inadvertently want to help someone beat me to what I'm after.

But with new players (and I've seen this a little already) it's, "want to join?", "The spot just around the corner from me is a good location", "Gems? not on this grid, try the top island of the grid east of here".

Do you want Xbox players to have unhelpful competitors in a race they are likely to loose? or a race just amongst equals and some helpful advice and co-operation getting them started with the game?

PVE perspective here....

Edited by Jack Shandy

2 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

I agree with you there, I may be a helpful player, but only once I've got to where I want to be and am reasonably settled, don't inadvertently want to help someone beat me to what I'm after.

But with new players (and I've seen this a little already) it's, "want to join?", "The spot just around the corner from me is a good location", "Gems? not on this grid, try the top island of the grid east of here".

Do you want Xbox players to have unhelpful competitors in a race they are likely to loose? or a race just amongst equals and some helpful advice and co-operation getting them started with the game?

PVE perspective here....

I agree to 100%. Not Wiping will also make it easier for them to join for kraken Fights And such. From the perspective of One Hosting the Kraken fight twice a week since a few month,i can say that 80% of the People First Sail on our passenger as they are afraid of loosing stuff. After unlocking g the sub,99% come with an own ship And enjoy the fight 

On 8/29/2019 at 3:26 PM, Realist said:

Oh they have decided. They just haven’t said it.

I'm just waiting for the moment they say there'll be no more wipes.   Then I'll probably be back.   Too many other games to play. 

On 9/1/2019 at 1:30 AM, Sheepshooter said:

Yeah that won’t happen. The wipe is happening

On 8/31/2019 at 12:44 PM, lordkhan4444 said:

don't be fooled, the wipe is gona happen, they want fresh servers for the newbys. btw where is realist? he is usualy all over these kinds of topics.

I am back lol Cancún for a week. But yes, you are very correct, the wipe is happening.

if they weren’t going to wipe they would have been more than happy to hype the good news to the pc players. Silence is golden or in this case 💩

25 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah that won’t happen. The wipe is happening

I am back lol Cancún for a week. But yes, you are very correct, the wipe is happening.

if they weren’t going to wipe they would have been more than happy to hype the good news to the pc players. Silence is golden or in this case 💩

If you believe in it very hard it might happen, snowflake...

But they already said otherwise...

So you will be like everyone else that buys a game late 'in the game'...

And even if, you will be left behind so fast even if you come online first on a new server...