The twitch chat was literally a wall of text asking them to clarify about a wipe. Totally ignored. They know that if they announce one they will kill the game before they get it shipped to Xbox. They think that releasing it on console will save them. It won't. They troll you in game with broken mechanics, now they troll you with live streams that give no information. Pulled out literal dream board pie charts to try and explain where they want to force players to go. "We know these certain things are not fun, but nothing will change till after Xbox release!"

I think we all know a wipe is coming when Xbox merges with Steam users. No idea when xbox game comes out, I don't follow xbox but I'm happy they went with crossplay at least.

Not so happy with lack of content in the short term, judging by what they said it came across like these new changes will be many months down the road possibly into next year. I would have liked them to crack on straight away and gave a more detailed roadmap.

Still won't be playing until these changes come, I'm not missing Atlas that much to come rushing back right now to the same things in the game. Will be a couple of years before they get to stage 4 more than likely. 

3 hours ago, DannyUK said:

I think we all know a wipe is coming when Xbox merges with Steam users. No idea when xbox game comes out, I don't follow xbox but I'm happy they went with crossplay at least.

Not so happy with lack of content in the short term, judging by what they said it came across like these new changes will be many months down the road possibly into next year. I would have liked them to crack on straight away and gave a more detailed roadmap.

Still won't be playing until these changes come, I'm not missing Atlas that much to come rushing back right now to the same things in the game. Will be a couple of years before they get to stage 4 more than likely. 

The only safe bet is that if they can possibly get it released to Xbox by the holiday season they will. The overriding factor is that with any retail consumer product, especially anything you might give a kid for Xmas, Q4 is imperative because it dominates revenue while Q1 is shit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DannyUK said:

Oh yeah, the wipe is definitely coming. It will already fail as is with steam crossplay but the wipe will make the failure take longer.

for sure they are trying to get out this fall to get those XBOX XMAS dollars.   Just like they announced last year right before XMAS so they could cash in on presents.

• Like 1

There is only 50% Chance for a wipe when crossplay Hits, yet it Sounds More like they wanna try Not to wipe.but Either way Not everyone will be happy

17 minutes ago, zottel said:

There is only 50% Chance for a wipe when crossplay Hits, yet it Sounds More like they wanna try Not to wipe.but Either way Not everyone will be happy

There is a 100% chance for a wipe. For many reasons.

the other reason I haven’t mentioned yet is the steam charts themselves. Take a quick look. Within hours the average has already dropped by 200. That is very irregular(no not WoW).

most players know a wipe is coming so I would expect to see a very steep decline in the playerbase much further than what it is currently. If it is still going to be a couple of months before the launch of Xbox the numbers will still decline.

lets say the numbers drop to 1000. Do you really think they wouldn’t wipe a game with only 1000 people even though they k ow that 10’s of thousands of players are coming into the game? Would they really be that stupid?

Not just that, but I am sure pc players will come back because of the new influx of community. Dare I say between the Xbox players and returning pc players it was even 100k?

so really, even if 2000 people were left, why would anyone think they should be the priority? 

I remember hearing that the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few. Is that only true except in this one situation?

Edited by Realist

They havn't decided if they wipe with crossplay or Not yet 😛 thats why its a 50/50 Chance if wipe or Not with crossplay 

9 minutes ago, zottel said:

They havn't decided if they wipe with crossplay or Not yet 😛 thats why its a 50/50 Chance if wipe or Not with crossplay 

Oh they have decided. They just haven’t said it.

On the one hand, them not saying a wipe is not happening, can be viewed as there probably will be one.

On the other hand, they stated there were to be no major changes until after xbox release, and previous statements about not wiping unless a major change happens.

Is xbox intergration a major system change? I don't know.

From what i can deduce, I haven't a clue, need more info before I can accept it one way or another.

2 hours ago, zottel said:

Schrodinger's wipe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Realist said:

They have decided way more then they told at this prerecorded piece.

All hands are on deck fixing the new DLCs for ARK. Thats why there are hardly any devs at work for ATLAS.

Q&A? What a joke. 

The broadcast from yesterday showed us exactly what we didnt want to see. 

Wipe incoming, the longer they wait, the more people are gonna rollover and never come back.

In discord Dolie said they had not decided if they are going to wipe.

It's a shame realy as they also previously said they would not wipe unless it was needed.

So just saying that is going back on what they previously said. But i'm coming to the realization that what they tell us can't be relied upon.

Even if they wipe, without some exciting new content, almost no PC players will return, no reason to at all. They should try rush something out like a new ship type in time for xbox release, then could be a fun few months until everyone gets bored again and quits

6 hours ago, Realist said:

They havn't,had a talk with dollie And Jat After the Stream . Fact is that no matter if they wipe for crossplay or Not One side will be pissed. But imo its better to Not take away Couple of 1000 hours of ingame work rather than Give "potential" Long Term Players the opportunity to claim their Dream Island,as there are more than enough free atm. PVP might be a different Story tho

Wipe or no wipe it doesn't matter to me. What matters to me is cross play for this type of game. If performance and quality doesn't get dropped down so the console players can be even with PC players then it will be unfair to console players. If it does then it is unfair for PC players. Why do we even have a PC that will blow away consoles out the water x10 if we are only using a quarter of its power. Then the updates are dead to water. Now an update can be ready but we are waiting extra time to get it because it has to get approved through console first. If it doesn't then it will take even longer to get. So much more but will say one last thing I guess the hell with playstation because we all know Sony isn't going to do cross play if xbox is already involved.  Just think it is a bad decision for this type of game to do cross play. To many cons and not enough pros.

But hey unless I missed something good thing private servers are a thing and we can mod the game to take care of a lot of the issues. Just will not be as many players around. 

2 hours ago, crazywildfire said:

Why do we even have a PC that will blow away consoles out the water x10 if we are only using a quarter of its power. Then the updates are dead to water. Now an update can be ready but we are waiting extra time to get it because it has to get approved through console first.

Squeeze the last drops of milk out of the cow before you bring it to the slaughterhouse.

On 8/29/2019 at 3:11 AM, boomervoncannon said:

The only safe bet is that if they can possibly get it released to Xbox by the holiday season they will. The overriding factor is that with any retail consumer product, especially anything you might give a kid for Xmas, Q4 is imperative because it dominates revenue while Q1 is shit.

i highly doubt many people will be willing to come back to atlas after wipe by the simply fact that the xbox release is still between 2-3 months ahead, by that time many people would have find a new game to play, even BDO will have its initial phase of the oceanic content expansion released in 2 weeks, so at least for me atlas is a no go.

Edited by The D Legacy

I hope they don't wipe again, if they do it I will be one of manny to quit this game, first time was understandable, but doing again after many people redo they towns companies and so on will be a PAIN IN T......... to redo all again and also BORING.

Now when the game is moving alone and people start to play you will "KILL THIS GAME FOR SURE" .

2 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

i highly doubt many people will be willing to come back to atlas after wipe by the simply fact that the xbox release is still between 2-3 months ahead, by that time many people would have find a new game to play, even BDO will have its initial phase of the oceanic content expansion released in 2 weeks, so at least for me atlas is a no go.

There are cats in BDO. I'm leaving for BDO!

44 minutes ago, Konvar said:

There are cats in BDO. I'm leaving for BDO!

yeah, i myelf have one 😄

cats are love cats are life