Sign in to follow this  
Nutty Grandad

Player Trading

When you look at games with strong player trading, it LASTS! Take LIneage II or EVE for example!

The player shop is a joke - on us! This shop should be free for starters and should be able to be placed on player-created 'shopping zones' on any island.
Who on earth wants to pay the same amount for a trader shop as the island cost? Not me anyway! It should be FREE!
Small companies with less than say 8 players seem to have no place anywhere! 

I think it's OK to pay an upkeep for the shop. Surely not in this amount and not in the actually state of the shop mechanics. Because the shop actually in such a large world without travellers who visit your island can't work.

I hope once they change the shops into an access to an atlas wide auction house. There you can trade resources, blueprints, crafted stuff, food... Way better for casual gamers who don't want to spend three evenings with sailing to a grid just for another 200 metal to craft his legendary carbine or something else.

7 hours ago, Forb Hidden said:

I think it's OK to pay an upkeep for the shop. Surely not in this amount and not in the actually state of the shop mechanics. Because the shop actually in such a large world without travellers who visit your island can't work.

I hope once they change the shops into an access to an atlas wide auction house. There you can trade resources, blueprints, crafted stuff, food... Way better for casual gamers who don't want to spend three evenings with sailing to a grid just for another 200 metal to craft his legendary carbine or something else.

Atlas wide auction house would void the reason to travel.

Atlas wide info on where the shop you'll find the things for sale at. that i could get behind. (eg. 10k Iridium at X gold at XXXXX island in XX grid)

7 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

Atlas wide auction house would void the reason to travel.

Atlas wide info on where the shop you'll find the things for sale at. that i could get behind. (eg. 10k Iridium at X gold at XXXXX island in XX grid)

Or place the shops/AH-access on freeport islands. These are mostly just 3 grids away. So you have to travel and access to the AH. Yeah now I hear you all: "Mimimi, there's a resource trader npc, mimimi..." remove him and place the AH, where you support other players by buing theyr stuff.

Having them at freeports is ok.

But location of materials should alter the price, Iridium at 'I3 Freeport' should cost less than Iridium at 'A5 freeport'.

If you've taken the time to transport a material to a location where it's hard to get you should get more for it.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

Having them at freeports is ok.

But location of materials should alter the price, Iridium at 'I3 Freeport' should cost less than Iridium at 'A5 freeport'.

If you've taken the time to transport a material to a location where it's hard to get you should get more for it.

A auctionhouse means that you can make the price. Imagine if players from all around the atlas put in some stuff, you get all metals and others. So at least iridium is maybe there for the same price as copper or tin.

3 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

A auctionhouse means that you can make the price. Imagine if players from all around the atlas put in some stuff, you get all metals and others. So at least iridium is maybe there for the same price as copper or tin.

Thats just lazy, Instant teleportation of materials around the atlas, no thanks.

A game with a dynamic economy is for more interesting.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

Thats just lazy, Instant teleportation of materials around the atlas, no thanks.

A game with a dynamic economy is for more interesting.

no not lazy. First of all you have to travel to a freeport. Next you have to pay for it. Then you have to drive home with the resources.

Instead of traveling 7...10 grids for the last resouce you need to craft your mythical pistol you have the possibility to travel to a freeport and buy it. 

In every game I played with an auctionhouse was a dynamic economy. If you just have traders with given things to buy, it's all but surely not dynamic.

1 hour ago, Forb Hidden said:

no not lazy. First of all you have to travel to a freeport. Next you have to pay for it. Then you have to drive home with the resources.

Instead of traveling 7...10 grids for the last resouce you need to craft your mythical pistol you have the possibility to travel to a freeport and buy it. 

In every game I played with an auctionhouse was a dynamic economy. If you just have traders with given things to buy, it's all but surely not dynamic.

Again: if someone takes the time to deliver that last resource to your local free-port, is that not worth anything.

Far flung resources should cost the lazy players more.

That way someone might even earn money just buying and selling between different free-ports.

= more trading.

= more to do in the game.

= a better game.

The very idea of an instant teleport shop is just ridiculous. And just because someone else has done it does not make it less so.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

Again: if someone takes the time to deliver that last resource to your local free-port, is that not worth anything.

That way someone might even earn money just buying and selling between different free-ports.

Is it not lazy to let you deliver resources instead of go out and farm / buy them yourself? And if u need these resources, would you ask around for a idiot who waste his time specially for you?

And become rich with buy/sell stuff is what a merchant lives from. Absolutely normal in the entire world.

On 8/28/2019 at 7:26 AM, Nutty Grandad said:

When you look at games with strong player trading, it LASTS! Take LIneage II or EVE for example!

The player shop is a joke - on us! This shop should be free for starters and should be able to be placed on player-created 'shopping zones' on any island.
Who on earth wants to pay the same amount for a trader shop as the island cost? Not me anyway! It should be FREE!
Small companies with less than say 8 players seem to have no place anywhere! 

they wanna force players to keep playing by putting upkeep prices in everything that players already put time and effort in, and if that wasnt enought they also add decay timers because fuck you, i have said it before and i will say it again: i will never play this game again as long as decay and upkeep exists. period.

Edited by The D Legacy

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 6:44 AM, Forb Hidden said:

And become rich with buy/sell stuff is what a merchant lives from. Absolutely normal in the entire world. 

In what manner?

A WoW merchant, stands at auction house, buys cheap and puts it al back on at a higher price.

An EVE merchant, looks at auction house, sees where prices are cheap and expensive, gets in ship and transports goods from one place to the other.

Maybe a mix of both. Let Crows deliver BPs And small stuff or put a weight Limit to them. And if you buy a tame via auction House it tells you where to pick it up or it gets delivered by a player. Or be able to Send it from free Port to free to freeport

• Like 1

I like the idea of pigeon / crow post for BP's and maps. (light paper based items)

And they could use that as a reason why that shop has the prices of materials all across the Atlas.

• Like 1

On 1. September 2019 at 10:01 AM, The D Legacy said:

they wanna force players to keep playing by putting upkeep prices in everything that players already put time and effort in, and if that wasnt enought they also add decay timers because fuck you, i have said it before and i will say it again: i will never play this game again as long as decay and upkeep exists. period.

The decay system is Needed to clean up After Players leave or Change location And also to minimize Server lag etc. So if there is no upkeep i can claim an Island And it will be Mine forever 🙂  also with Growing Server Population You will be able to get More Gold in your shops than you Pay upkeep. With just the 400-700 player on EU PVE People still make about 100k just with a Single Shop per week.

4 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

In what manner?

A WoW merchant, stands at auction house, buys cheap and puts it al back on at a higher price.

An EVE merchant, looks at auction house, sees where prices are cheap and expensive, gets in ship and transports goods from one place to the other.

That's right. In all games with an auctionhouse you get people who stands there and make money with it. For me it's absolutely boring to do so. I'm more the grinder of good and asked materials to sell, when the prices are in a good mood.

On 9/2/2019 at 4:38 PM, zottel said:

With just the 400-700 player on EU PVE People still make about 100k just with a Single Shop per week.

For real? I want to see the shop. Tell me the coordinates and I will look at this shop.

21 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

For real? I want to see the shop. Tell me the coordinates and I will look at this shop.

N6 Nessil Island. He keeps Selling int gear And ship Parts etc. 🙂  but im sure Other Players Are also making Couple 10k Gold each week by Selling stuff.

14 hours ago, DoubleHelix said:

Erm... Actually selling almost everything possible to be crafted 🙂 And in good days sales are over 200K.

And in better days you would not be prohibit to spend like 80k gold for one Intelligence upgrade, RIP tannery capacity 😉🤣

He is the reference for buying in many things (crafted). Many people (me too) guide potential customers in his direction.
He also offers crafting services, which we often tell people to use, as we use them too.

One Day i will be a proper int crafter too ^^  there are Plenty ways to earn Good Gold in this game. Beeing a hauler will make you Rich as everyone Needs them And there are close to none 

• Like 1

I'd love trading in the game, i've wanted it from day 1 and it should have been in months ago to be honest. This is what keeps players interested and coming back, to work in getting resources and selling them on the market.

Player shops are a horrible idea, they should be removed in my opinion and replaced with either an auction house on freeports or at least a couple of NPC on freeports where you can go up to them and click "my market" and then list all of your items. People that want to buy go upto them and click "available markets" then it brings a list of every shop or every item for sale.

These player shops on your own island are useless, nobody ever comes. I've never tried placing them on freeports but I think I read somewhere you can place them there? Not sure if that made any difference, if it did I would have seen them spammed all over the place, I never saw 1 at a freeport.