Mr Myst

Absent Company Leadership...?

Is there a way to take over leadership of your company? Our leadership has been absent for weeks and does not appear to be coming back. Messages on discord go unanswered. While I know those few of us in the company still playing can just leave the company, we can transfer our tames, crews, and ships, I am concerned about all the buildings we will lose. We put a lot of time and effort into the buildings and would rather not just abandon all that work. 
If there isn't a way, I will put in a suggestion to allow some sort of mutiny to be able to replace absent company leadership. 

Edited by Mr Myst

For those interested in this topic:
Word from Voodoo at GG-

"Unfortunately, as a matter of policy, we won't take ownership away from a player for any reason (inactive or otherwise), without that players consent to do so."

So, they will take away ships after 2 or 3 weeks, they will release tames after 10 days, they will demolish buildings after 10 days, but they won't release a company at all, ever.
I understand the clutter associated with players that have quit. I understand trying to keep things clean and reducing lag for everybody. 

I don't understand the company leadership reticence. In discussions elsewhere, others have said that it is in case the leader is on vacation or some such. If that is the case, then why kill off his/her tames, ships, and buildings? At this point, a small company can't go on vacation or they lose everything. Except their leadership position. 

/sigh

My recommendation would be to put some sort of timer on it, just as they do everything else. Four weeks? Five? I know some cultures take a month off for vacation. Six weeks? 
Allow the next person in the chain of command to take over so that you don't have a brand new company member conduct the mutiny.