PanDobro

STOP IT

We build the ship for all day, and went to safe zone, and got 3 time spawning ghost ship.
Yes we kill one of them, but second just destroy us. It was on FREEPORT fro low level people.

20181228012437_1.jpg

20181228011247_1.jpg

I think you guys should do the game more easy by fixing enemys and storms, and made admins who can give the stuff back, coz many my friends just drop the game, because this over spawn 

It's not meant to be easy, some aspects are just unbalanced at the moment. To be expected, considering it's EARLY ACCESS. If it bothers you too much, give them a few weeks/months to fix teething problems and try again

Edited by CamsterAu

11 hours ago, CamsterAu said:

It's not meant to be easy, some aspects are just unbalanced at the moment. To be expected, considering it's EARLY ACCESS. If it bothers you too much, give them a few weeks/months to fix teething problems and try again

Except the games been out since 2015

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, CamsterAu said:

Not true. EA isn’t a blanket excuse for every mess up and poor decision 👍

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ZeroSkills said:

Except the games been out since 2015

You are super upset that they are using ark assets it seems. The game is what you make of it. Ark had dino's which made me dislike it. I'm into it, even though the engine and assets for the most part are reused.  This game does have different mechanics though, which make it a different game.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Rangcom said:

You are super upset that they are using ark assets it seems. The game is what you make of it. Ark had dino's which made me dislike it. I'm into it, even though the engine and assets for the most part are reused.  This game does have different mechanics though, which make it a different game.

I'm not super upset. Just find it funny people can't accept the fact this isn't a stand alone product but a mod based off an existing game. It's rather amusing tbh. If anyone seems to be "super upset" it's the people yelling Early Access at every critique of this mod.

Edited by ZeroSkills

1 hour ago, ZeroSkills said:

I'm not super upset. Just find it funny people can't accept the fact this isn't a stand alone product but a mod based off an existing game. It's rather amusing tbh. If anyone seems to be "super upset" it's the people yelling Early Access at every critique of this mod.

Sounds like someone from the steam forums found their way to the official forums 🙂

Why peddle that crap here?

Atlas is a new game on a new version of the same game engine that ARK uses. It reuses many of the assets that ARK and mods of ARK used, but also has many new assets. It can not be run as a mod with ARK installed, so is not an ARK mod. Simple to understand for most people. 

Personally, I'm liking Atlas better than ARK, even though it is in the very early part of early access and very buggy. I do get annoyed at some of the bugs, but I play on an unofficial server, and that helps a lot, since that is how I played ARK.

On the topic, I hear a raft is perfectly safe to travel in (at least from the ghost ships). I'm just traveling that way for now until the patch hits that reduces the problem of those ghost ships.

Edited by wildbill

1 hour ago, ZeroSkills said:

The problem is you lack an understanding of how games are made. Very few games these days are built from scratch. Ever bought a COD, Battlefield, Assassins Creed, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Mass Effect or GTA game? They're all built on top of the previous version of the game and likely share a LOT more code than you would think. Atlas does the same with Ark, its just a little more obvious. 

Based off the terrible explanations Maxpower and Wildbill have delivered it would appear I am not the one who doesn't know how games are made. Atlas is a mod.

Edited by ZeroSkills

3 minutes ago, ZeroSkills said:

Based off the terrible explanations Maxpower and Wildbill have delivered it would appear I am not the one who doesn't know how games are made. Atlas is a mod.

So is Portal 2 just a mod of Portal 1? Or is Gears of War 2 a mod of Gears of War 1? Go educate yourself my friend on how game development works.

18 minutes ago, ZeroSkills said:

We are way off topic. I posted a very short bit about why it is not a mod. I'll add just one more thing, I've written several mods for Minecraft, so do know what a mod is and what it isn't.

Now, to the topic: The Ghost Ships are a whole new mechanic added to Atlas that was never in ARK. Any new feature will need to be balanced and will have bugs. That is the whole point of early access. You introduce new features, some of which will be game breaking. You try them out and balance and fix them. If you are going to play an Early Access game, you need to know what that means. It is not surprising these things destroyed many ships. Hopefully the latest patch has improved things.

I personally would not play on official and make a large ship at this point. It is too much like work and too easily destroyed at this stage in the game. Rafts work fairly well and not hard to build on an official server. On an unofficial with boosted rates, larger ships don't that long to make and collect the resources, so not so bad when it is destroyed in a few minutes by a ghost ship.

Edited by wildbill