VoidStar

new biomes and blackwood

I am wondering this as well. In the news story from today it stated that there were 7 unique biomes but if there is, I have not been able to find them and I have been to every island on the map. It also stated that you can find all resources but again, I have not been able to find most of them.  

well the hydra island has almost everything I need but I didn't find wheat only maize. It has tin and iron no salt so far except by digging, and it does at least have a cosmetics vendor.I know the frozen cyclops isle has gems too. But I wouldn't say the blackwood map has every resource , not that i've found yet anyway. 

This is what is listed as being part of Blackwood:

Along with this new boss, Blackwood includes:

The full ATLAS experience (including all your favorite features and mechanics) merged into a single 1x1 server grid.

7 unique biomes across 11 islands, from hazy bogs teeming with life to mysterious jungles full of danger and toil.

Resource-rich islands complete with every material from the core game.

New cities and outlying areas ideal for roleplaying and server events.

A beautiful mermaid city ripe for exploration.

A new boss arena featuring unpredictable enemy types and spawn locations.

The Forbidden Reach: a hard mode island featuring elemental beings.

It definitely says 7 unique biomes and maybe they are there, but some must be very very tiny.   The official biomes are : Polar, Tundra, Temperate, Tropics, Desert , Equatorial and Ocean. I have found bit and pieces of what I thought were parts of those biomes but not complete areas and for sure not complete islands of those biomes. 

Same with the resources. I have found actual Tin and Silver and Emeralds and Rubies but those are the only metal and gem nodes that I have found.  There are lots and lots of the other mats that, as far as I have found, no one has seen them anywhere on Blackwood. 

It would help immensely if we could have a Forum section just for Blackwood discussion. I really can't fathom why there isn't one.

• Like 1

Don't know how we are supposed to explore the mermaid city without a sub though. Never done it in a suit but I suppose it can be done.

5 hours ago, Zadira said:

It would help immensely if we could have a Forum section just for Blackwood discussion. I really can't fathom why there isn't one.

This ^ 100%

By the way ... HOW THE !@#$% did this map get launched without fish, sharks, rays ???

Edited by Hattrix

this map has fish in the sea not overall but have , i was middle of the map in the ocean to catch a supply box , suddenly a shark attacked me .

2 hours ago, satyrus said:

this map has fish in the sea not overall but have , i was middle of the map in the ocean to catch a supply box , suddenly a shark attacked me .

We found a wreck in the middle of the ocean so I dove WAY WAY WAY down without a suit, all the way to the bottom where the wreck was, got the treasure and barely made it back up before drowning......... I didn't see 1 fish.

We've sailed a bunch of times and haven't seen ANY fish along our travels.

Edited by Hattrix

We have our base on the eastern tundra island and there are fish up there. Not a lot but they are there.

Do you mean fish around the shore or just fish inland in some ponds?

We just tamed a bear on cyclops island, and grabbed a treasure chest on the island south if Freeport island, and neither have fish on the ocean shore 

Around the shore and in the sea, I fish everyday there now, didn't have any fish on my other base isle.Also catfish in ponds, and a cosmetic vendor too.

Edited by Whitehawk