gregopeck

Single Player Mode Grid O7 Holy Crap

I've been playing in single player mode. I haven't found any gems yet, although someone suggested I search an island to the east that contains Cyclops. I remember seeing such an island before, but decided to avoid those Cyclops. I wasn't trying to go there, but instead (as usual) decided to follow the wind. This landed me in O7. I wish I could remember the name of the island, but it seems to be a Golden Ruins grid, which I don't know too much about. I found extremely high level creatures and creatures I had never seen before. I saw a Shieldhorn and I was killed by a Leatherwing. I respawned and then was killed by a high level tiger.

I've taken a look at https://atlas.gamepedia.com/Region_O7#Vonwin_Island but I don't understand what a "Vonwin Island" is.

I think these islands might contain power stones, which I believe are required to fight the main boss or other bosses. So, I kind of understand why these creatures are extremely high leveled. This seems a bit justified thinking about in the regular game mode, proving to be an extra challenge for companies and allies. But, it doesn't make too much sense for single player mode. I guess if I actually had a tamed creature that would help out a lot, but I don't, so death was pretty much all that was there for me (LOL). Maybe those levels should or could be reduced in single player to make the challenge less steep. 

What do you think about this? Have you visited places like this in single player mode? If so, did you find a way to survive?

Even in a tribe you don't really attack/defend on theses islands, it's not worth it. 

You better run naked. 

Though, if you are looking for ressources, look at exploreatlas site 🙂