Sign in to follow this  
boomervoncannon

Why everyone who cares about Atlas should have a close look at No Man's Sky

I've pointed to No Man's Sky in the past as the ultimate example in the gaming world of "The opera ain't over til the fat lady sings", but until this past weekend, I'd never actually played it. My boss (who incidently is one of those mythical grown adults who plays both console and PC games and makes distinguishing between the two as somehow separate and distinct groups somewhat silly) has been campaigning for me to try it for at least half a year, and has kept me abreast of Beyond, it's free update released last Wednesday.  It is currently on sale at half price for another couple of days and so after giving it til friday for my boss to verify the new update was as promised, I finally took the plunge over the weekend.

I didn't write this to hype a different game on Atlas's boards, but in the sincere belief that all concerned can take something instructive away from No Man's Sky. If you've been living under a rock for the past 3 years, then NMS's launch might be the only one to rate as a bigger charlie foxtrot than Atlas's. When you have legal and regulatory agencies of multiple governments publicly declaring their intent to investigate your game based on allegations of outright fraud, it's safe to say something has gone horribly wrong. Yet Hello games, in the face of massive bad publicity and widespread public rebuke, declared their intention to simply put their head down and go about making NMS into the best possible game they could.  If ever a developer had every reason to just walk away, this was it, but they didn't.

Fast forward 3 years. The game I played over the weekend was engaging, it felt fully developed and fun. If I had been unaware of NMS's disastrous launch I would never have known from playing it. I believe NMS is an instructive example for 2 parties in 2 ways. The first will not be what you expect.

For Jeremy and Snail Games, and all other decision makers in the gaming industry, look closely at No Man's Sky and think hard about whether you really want to release your game long before it's anywhere close to a finished product and charge people money for it, whether you call it Early Access or not.  Because the damage to your game's reputation if you do so and it goes poorly cannot be undone. No Man's Sky took 3 years to dig itself out of that hole, and what it has arguably lost in the process is the chance to ever be a big hit. It's clawed itself into being a solid game because Hello games put blood sweat and tears into making it that way without ever asking for a penny more from the people who bought their product. But if they had waited until now to release, who knows what it might have been. Certainly more than the 10k average activity steam charts even over the past weekend with a major new content release AND the game at half price. "Long is the road and hard is the way that out of hell leads up to heaven." Indeed. It would seem wiser never to put yourself in hell in the first place, wouldn't it?

Secondly, for everyone who bought Atlas and now despairs of the game's prospects as hopeless and beyond repair: go and have a look. I'm not saying what will be, merely what is possible.  If GrapeCard™ were merely shysters looking to make a fast buck, I sincerely believe that they would never have chosen an MMO to do it with, and more importantly, they would probably already have walked away. Atlas is making almost no revenue at this point. Do you see many new players trying the game out? The fact they continue to press forward should be evidence of a significant commitment to produce a viable game. It is entirely possible that the game could still fail, that it's myraid issues may never be satisfactorily resolved enough to attract a meaningful and viable playerbase, but that is only a possibility, not a certainty.

I want to also say a word about the continuing criticism of Atlas's concept as not just pirate themed, but pirate/fantasy. If you don't like the concept, by all means say so, that's useful and legitimate feedback. But at the same time, try to give them credit for trying something new and different. The gaming industry has too little innovation and experimentation at the top these days, as the bigger companies just regurgitate mostly bad sequels to already proven franchises. If Jeremy et al had truly wanted to just create Ark II, they could have done it without taking the chances they have with Atlas. Beyond this, for those that just want to stand on the sidelines, throw stones and jeer instead of offering useful and constructive feedback, I offer the words of Teddy Roosevelt:

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

• Like 5

NMS is such a shallow, flimsy game though - it looks great but there's not enough meat on the bone to keep me playing for more time than 15 to 20 minutes at a time.  Unlike Atlas, survival in NMS is very easy and combat is a yawnfest that lacks any sense of risk.  (I would mention crafting systems but the latest update has induced some bugs with missing blueprints and even if you have the blueprint the recipe sometimes isn't in the crafting menu - sounds familiar, eh!) That said, I definitely agree with you that as an example of self-redemption it hasn't done too badly at all, with about 30k playing NMS of late when, back at launch, the playerbase pretty soon dropped like a stone until, like Atlas, it only had a few k players online.

Mind you, that fact that this forum was mysteriously dead in the water for about 3 days with people being unable to post anything doesn't inspire me with any confidence that a competent hand is at the tiller of this company.

3 minutes ago, Coggage said:

NMS is such a shallow, flimsy game though - it looks great but there's not enough meat on the bone to keep me playing for more time than 15 to 20 minutes at a time.  Unlike Atlas, survival in NMS is very easy and combat is a yawnfest that lacks any sense of risk.  (I would mention crafting systems but the latest update has induced some bugs with missing blueprints and even if you have the blueprint the recipe sometimes isn't in the crafting menu - sounds familiar, eh!) That said, I definitely agree with you that as an example of self-redemption it hasn't done too badly at all, with about 30k playing NMS of late when, back at launch, the playerbase pretty soon dropped like a stone until, like Atlas, it only had a few k players online.

Mind you, that fact that this forum was mysteriously dead in the water for about 3 days with people being unable to post anything doesn't inspire me with any confidence that a competent hand is at the tiller of this company.

I didn’t find it shallow or flimsy at all,  but then I didn’t go looking for combat and I only had a weekends worth of playtime. What I found was a game that held my attention for exploration, crafting and new twists. I love the idea of learning to communicate with alien races one word at a time, one NPC at a time. 

Mostly I wanted to point out that recovery is possible, but comes with a high risk and cost of potential for developers. The number of people who will never touch NMS despite the turn around likely still far outweighs those who have. It’s certainly not a perfect game but it’s not a dumpster fire either.

• Thanks 1

My son got me into playing NMS a couple of months ago. So I have experienced it from both before and after the latest update. I also own it on both PS4 and PC so I can see what the differences are between them.

One thing I am impressed with is their desire to get it right. The effort that has gone into it has been worth the effort. The fact that they told the player base what was being planned has been a massive boom. THAT is what Atlas needs. We need a road map of where the game is headed. Not the little hints that get dropped once in a while of something that might happen, but an actual tangible target. 

Im more than happy with Atlas being a fantasy pirate game. Nothing wrong with that at all - in fact it would be most welcome. The problem seems to be that its anything but that. Far to many unnecessary tames and nowhere near enough ship types. We need Atlas to be ship focused not tame focused. The game needs something that the community can focus on and get excited about - like NMS did with the VR. In Atlas's case it needs to be something pirate or fantasy based - preferably both. Atlas has a huge potential for being a great fantasy pirate game. But they need top decide if that is what they are going to produce and how. Stop pandering to the minority of so called experts and deliver what the majority of folk want - which just happens to be fantasy pirate.

As Boomervoncannon says, try NMS and look what they have done from being an almost total failure to where they are now.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Coggage said:

Yeah that was pretty disappointing to say the least. I was really surprised nobody was mentioning the forum crash. The sad part is they didn’t even say anything about it. I was looking on twitter and no announcement whatsoever.

when arks forums were down they immediately announced it on twitter and gave updates on when it would be back up. This was another big fail for them. The lack of communication is just sad.

i wonder how long that Q&A is going to be up before they actually answer some questions.

36 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah that was pretty disappointing to say the least. I was really surprised nobody was mentioning the forum crash. The sad part is they didn’t even say anything about it. I was looking on twitter and no announcement whatsoever.

when arks forums were down they immediately announced it on twitter and gave updates on when it would be back up. This was another big fail for them. The lack of communication is just sad.

i wonder how long that Q&A is going to be up before they actually answer some questions.

Agree that communication has improved but still could be better. I don’t need some kind of detailed breakdown about what happened over the weekend but a basic acknowledgement that the forums weren’t working and whether it was for internal or external reasons would have been good to know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Realist said:

Aye, we should have posted that the forums were offline. Typically if they go offline, it's because someone is attacking our network, usually both sites simultaneously (most particularly after banwaves 😛). I usually post these and post on both platforms that they're unavailable (ARK and ATLAS 😉) but I was away this weekend for family commitments so wasn't around to do so but have reminded the others they can and should too. You'll notice that Chris sent out a tweet that he was looking into both sites, but it was only RT'd from the ARK account 😅

As for the Q&A, we'll be looking to answer those (in some form) during our livestream later this month.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The only things I don't like about no mans sky is the daily constant updates that I cant switch off for some reason, and the similarity of every where I travel in the game.I still play the game and sorta enjoy it but even with the main quest it just doesn't keep my attention for long. One of the good things about the game though is the lack of any kind of lag. Also you can host a private game and other players can just drop in and visit with no probs at all, and still I get no lag even hosting my own game. As for Atlas well tbh I love the game and I don't care what anyone else says about that either. Yeh it's got room for improvement,what game hasn't, but it won't stop me playing it.  

15 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

Aye, we should have posted that the forums were offline. Typically if they go offline, it's because someone is attacking our network, usually both sites simultaneously (most particularly after banwaves 😛). I usually post these and post on both platforms that they're unavailable (ARK and ATLAS 😉) but I was away this weekend for family commitments so wasn't around to do so but have reminded the others they can and should too. You'll notice that Chris sent out a tweet that he was looking into both sites, but it was only RT'd from the ARK account 😅

As for the Q&A, we'll be looking to answer those (in some form) during our livestream later this month.

Hope you enjoyed your time with family. Oddly enough, the world managed to not stop spinning until you got back in this morning and gave us the 411. You’re probably running into that thing with your coworkers posting where if anyone can do it, nobody does. I recommend designating a specific person with consequences if they don’t follow through, like say having to cover Realist’s next firefighting shift.

"Banwaves" when you have 600 people playing on a server cluster during peak times I'd probably avoid such grandiose terminology. A "banwave" at this point would result in an empty server.

6 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

I've pointed to No Man's Sky in the past as the ultimate example in the gaming world of "The opera ain't over til the fat lady sings", but until this past weekend, I'd never actually played it. My boss (who incidently is one of those mythical grown adults who plays both console and PC games and makes distinguishing between the two as somehow separate and distinct groups somewhat silly) has been campaigning for me to try it for at least half a year, and has kept me abreast of Beyond, it's free update released last Wednesday.  It is currently on sale at half price for another couple of days and so after giving it til friday for my boss to verify the new update was as promised, I finally took the plunge over the weekend.

I didn't write this to hype a different game on Atlas's boards, but in the sincere belief that all concerned can take something instructive away from No Man's Sky. If you've been living under a rock for the past 3 years, then NMS's launch might be the only one to rate as a bigger charlie foxtrot than Atlas's. When you have legal and regulatory agencies of multiple governments publicly declaring their intent to investigate your game based on allegations of outright fraud, it's safe to say something has gone horribly wrong. Yet Hello games, in the face of massive bad publicity and widespread public rebuke, declared their intention to simply put their head down and go about making NMS into the best possible game they could.  If ever a developer had every reason to just walk away, this was it, but they didn't.

Fast forward 3 years. The game I played over the weekend was engaging, it felt fully developed and fun. If I had been unaware of NMS's disastrous launch I would never have known from playing it. I believe NMS is an instructive example for 2 parties in 2 ways. The first will not be what you expect.

For Jeremy and Snail Games, and all other decision makers in the gaming industry, look closely at No Man's Sky and think hard about whether you really want to release your game long before it's anywhere close to a finished product and charge people money for it, whether you call it Early Access or not.  Because the damage to your game's reputation if you do so and it goes poorly cannot be undone. No Man's Sky took 3 years to dig itself out of that hole, and what it has arguably lost in the process is the chance to ever be a big hit. It's clawed itself into being a solid game because Hello games put blood sweat and tears into making it that way without ever asking for a penny more from the people who bought their product. But if they had waited until now to release, who knows what it might have been. Certainly more than the 10k average activity steam charts even over the past weekend with a major new content release AND the game at half price. "Long is the road and hard is the way that out of hell leads up to heaven." Indeed. It would seem wiser never to put yourself in hell in the first place, wouldn't it?

Secondly, for everyone who bought Atlas and now despairs of the game's prospects as hopeless and beyond repair: go and have a look. I'm not saying what will be, merely what is possible.  If GrapeCard™ were merely shysters looking to make a fast buck, I sincerely believe that they would never have chosen an MMO to do it with, and more importantly, they would probably already have walked away. Atlas is making almost no revenue at this point. Do you see many new players trying the game out? The fact they continue to press forward should be evidence of a significant commitment to produce a viable game. It is entirely possible that the game could still fail, that it's myraid issues may never be satisfactorily resolved enough to attract a meaningful and viable playerbase, but that is only a possibility, not a certainty.

I want to also say a word about the continuing criticism of Atlas's concept as not just pirate themed, but pirate/fantasy. If you don't like the concept, by all means say so, that's useful and legitimate feedback. But at the same time, try to give them credit for trying something new and different. The gaming industry has too little innovation and experimentation at the top these days, as the bigger companies just regurgitate mostly bad sequels to already proven franchises. If Jeremy et al had truly wanted to just create Ark II, they could have done it without taking the chances they have with Atlas. Beyond this, for those that just want to stand on the sidelines, throw stones and jeer instead of offering useful and constructive feedback, I offer the words of Teddy Roosevelt:

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

I played NMS at launch and it was still more stable than Atlas.  It reminded me more of the state that Satisfactory was in about a month ago as far as that goes.  The biggest problem with NMS was that they promoted it as having multiplayer when that feature had not even been implemented yet.  So when I look at the overall general bugs and lack of features implemented, I really can't compare the two.  NMS was 10 times better at launch than Atlas is even now 6 months later.  Hello Games perhaps launched their game a little early before all the main features were implemented, But Grapecard launched their game in a state of like pre-alpha ( they didn't even have a stable core of a game).  They also lack a roadmap or any sort of direction it seems.  I don't think comparing Hello Games to Grapecard is fair to Hello Games.  Yes both companies have mislead the public about what their game is or has.  I would like to see Atlas survive and become a better game. 

But even now with NMS the damage is done to the credibility of Hello Games and all that Grapecard is doing is following in their footsteps, unfortunately.

Edited by sgzeroone

15 minutes ago, sgzeroone said:

But even now with NMS the damage is done to the credibility of Hello Games and all that Grapecard is doing is following in their footsteps, unfortunately.

This is the lesson the industry needs to learn, especially with their newfound enthusiasm for EA. There is no such thing as a free lunch. If you do EA, you run significant long term risks to your game’s reputation, even if the game that comes out of it is a solid product.

*tries hards to remember any other time gamers paid for a billboard to thank a developer for the work they had done*

28 minutes ago, Badkebab said:

*tries hards to remember any other time gamers paid for a billboard to thank a developer for the work they had done*

Whodidwhatnow?

As I have been saying on the forums a lot here:

The team has done so much more for Atlas than for Ark. I got back into Ark just to be able to argue for Atlas this past two weeks; and boy does it make me appreciate Atlas. So many glitches and annoyances don't exist in Atlas that are still ever-present in Ark. We don't have the hit detection problems, problems with tames growling instead of attacking, griefing is harder, the graphics are better, the building system is better.... just about everything is better.

4 hours ago, Badkebab said:

"Banwaves" when you have 600 people playing on a server cluster during peak times I'd probably avoid such grandiose terminology. A "banwave" at this point would result in an empty server.

Ark just had a massive banwave ya dingus.

8 hours ago, Jatheish said:

Sound good man. Totally understand things happen, especially when family was involved.

smh at Chris lol.

there needs to be an answer on the crossplay jat. Like seriously. Not a date, but a very definite answer of crossplay on steam, crossplay on windows 10, of no crossplay at all. That really needs to be answered and I am sure you agree with that.

if crossplay with steam happens then a wipe needs to happen. If it is windows 10 like ark then no biggie as well as no crossplay. I already know you guys are fully aware of potential impacts but this does tend to be a heated issue, not just for me but for the steam guys as well because of the needed wipe.

thanks for the heads up though. I respect that you replied the way you did. 

Edited by Realist

11 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Dude dont play with ma feelings, for the 3rd day in a row i wasted 2 hrs trying to tame shit only to fail myserably again due to game design BS, the last thing i need is another game that gets me excited at first and after 200 hrs turns out to be the same boring, dull, repetitive pattern full of unecessary hassles all the games have nowadays because developers have forgotten how to make games fun

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The D Legacy said:

Dude dont play with ma feelings, for the 3rd day in a row i wasted 2 hrs trying to tame shit only to fail myserably again due to game design BS, the last thing i need is another game that gets me excited at first and after 200 hrs turns out to be the same boring, dull, repetitive pattern full of unecessary hassles all the games have nowadays because developers have forgotten how to make games fun

Yeah in ark, tames were a definite necessity. With atlas it seems as though it is not.

i have not played the game mind you but the one thing I have learned from everyone is that the skill tree opts for a branch that could almost make hand harvesting almost as efficient as tame harvesting. This is a very sad conclusion. Takes are very important whether people wan them to be or not. That is what this company does.

here is one thing everyone needs to remember and they usually don’t not remember this. “ this company built themselves on tames. This company tried something new. Regardless of it being new, tames will remain. I realize you want something totally and completely different but that will simply not happen”

besides all the EA babble, and others saying if you don’t like it then go play another game. I love hearing those words because I will he playing ark very soon and if you don’t like that? You can go play another game. It’s time to deal with it.

none of this was directed at you @The D Legacy it was just needed to be said. This co pant knows what they are good at and they know what they aren’t good at. 

I personally can not wait to tame 100’s of the new animals available. That is what I am most excited for with atlas. I shouldn’t be? Yeah I am because that is probably the best additions that have been brought in.

🥂 to the new tames.

1 hour ago, Realist said:

Yeah in ark, tames were a definite necessity. With atlas it seems as though it is not.

i have not played the game mind you but the one thing I have learned from everyone is that the skill tree opts for a branch that could almost make hand harvesting almost as efficient as tame harvesting. This is a very sad conclusion. Takes are very important whether people wan them to be or not. That is what this company does.

here is one thing everyone needs to remember and they usually don’t not remember this. “ this company built themselves on tames. This company tried something new. Regardless of it being new, tames will remain. I realize you want something totally and completely different but that will simply not happen”

besides all the EA babble, and others saying if you don’t like it then go play another game. I love hearing those words because I will he playing ark very soon and if you don’t like that? You can go play another game. It’s time to deal with it.

none of this was directed at you @The D Legacy it was just needed to be said. This co pant knows what they are good at and they know what they aren’t good at. 

I personally can not wait to tame 100’s of the new animals available. That is what I am most excited for with atlas. I shouldn’t be? Yeah I am because that is probably the best additions that have been brought in.

🥂 to the new tames.

Why do you think it's bad if people wanting to play a pirate centric game don't want to have to use tames to play the game? Why would it be bad if hand harvesting were equally as viable as tames? Does other people wanting to sail and do pirate stuff without having to mess with tames somehow make your Atlas experience less fun? You say it's a sad conclusion, but if tames are in the game and you enjoy them, that's fine. I see nothing wrong with other people not being forced to go down the same path you like just because they prefer something else.

Personally I can take or leave the tames. To me they are neither central to Atlas nor it's downfall. But I will say this, when people complain that a game that is supposed to be about sailing and pirating say they feel forced to use tames to play efficiently or get left behind, that strikes me as a very valid gripe and one the developers should not ignore.

Quick, what was the name of Blackbeard's horse?

How many elephants did they use to build the pirate enclave at Tortuga?

Did the Barbary pirates use tigers or bears when fighting off the US Marines at Tripoli?

Right.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Realist said:

🥂 to the new tames.

well i have nothing against tames to be honest, i have always been on the side of variety in all games, but the game design is poor as fuck, i will share a little story to portrait what i mean:

day 1: trying to tame a olfend i got it to 98% tamed just for a volture to show up and start killing it, i react on time and shoot an arrow to it (important to notice the vulture was 45º above ground while the olfend was lying on the floor), i shoot at the vulture and my olfend dies from it...the arrow was stuck in the fucking vulture but the olfend took the damage!! GG ATLAS

day 2: i go after the olfend again this time i kill all vultures on sight first as well as all hostile life forms, i start taming and at 50% suddenly a lion rains on me , because...fuck physics, it kills the olfend, i use that time to mount my bear with the intention to kill it, it unmounts me, kills me and kills my bear.

day 3: i re-tame my bear and try to tame a giraffe, i set few gates to act as a jail and not be interrupted, i start taming it and after like 40% suddenly its mate decides to show up (from nowhere cause i had killed all the low level ones around to be safe) ofc since they are couple it aggro me, so i decide to go out kill it with the bear and rush back in, it must have taken me over 30 seconds to kill it, i go back in....the giraffe had reseted to 0% tamed.

and dont get me wrong i am not saying "oh its too hard, make it easy" but considering that we are gonna wipe (probably more than once) anyway, putting time and effort into something like taming feels stupid to be honest, specially considering the only reason i even play atlas is for sailing, i believe the developers should be more consequent with the fact that we are in EA and wipes will come.

Ps: I played 3 ranked matches in lol and finally after like a week of playing Atlas and BDO i had some fun, seems like fun is the new rare resource in the gaming industry

8 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Why do you think it's bad if people wanting to play a pirate centric game don't want to have to use tames to play the game? Why would it be bad if hand harvesting were equally as viable as tames? Does other people wanting to sail and do pirate stuff without having to mess with tames somehow make your Atlas experience less fun? You say it's a sad conclusion, but if tames are in the game and you enjoy them, that's fine. I see nothing wrong with other people not being forced to go down the same path you like just because they prefer something else.

Personally I can take or leave the tames. To me they are neither central to Atlas nor it's downfall. But I will say this, when people complain that a game that is supposed to be about sailing and pirating say they feel forced to use tames to play efficiently or get left behind, that strikes me as a very valid gripe and one the developers should not ignore.

Quick, what was the name of Blackbeard's horse?

How many elephants did they use to build the pirate enclave at Tortuga?

Did the Barbary pirates use tigers or bears when fighting off the US Marines at Tripoli?

Right.

indeed, tames are a good addition for people who enjoy them, yet they shouldnt be forced on people who just want to sail.

Edited by The D Legacy

Realist you are right in that skilled up harvesting is just as good or better than tames.

But your carrying capacity is small, a bear / horse and cart can carry 10 times or more what you can, and the elephants weight reduction on wood makes transporting wood on ships a lot easier.

Also a bear for AotD and carrying gold when treasure hunting is almost mandatory.

9 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

As I have been saying on the forums a lot here:

The team has done so much more for Atlas than for Ark. I got back into Ark just to be able to argue for Atlas this past two weeks; and boy does it make me appreciate Atlas. So many glitches and annoyances don't exist in Atlas that are still ever-present in Ark. We don't have the hit detection problems, problems with tames growling instead of attacking, griefing is harder, the graphics are better, the building system is better.... just about everything is better.

Ark just had a massive banwave ya dingus.

Silly me for thinking a post on the atlas forum referred to atlas, I do apologise for not being encyclodicly aware of the happenings in games I do not play nor have any interest in.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Whodidwhatnow?

Players of no man sky wanted to thank the developers hello games for their hard work and dedication to the game so players banded together and purchased a billboard outside hello games offices and used it to thank the developers. Needless to say that is something Jat et al can only dream about.

Here is the link if you wish

https://www.gofundme.com/f/thanking-hello-games-and-supporting-SCHF

Edited by Badkebab
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Realist said:

This co pant knows what they are good at and they know what they aren’t good at. 

If only the rest of us could see what this company is good at.

I own three copies of atlas so I have done my bit in terms of financially supporting atlas. But having seen the course of development and where the focus of development has been I most certainly won't be purchasing other products from these developers. If you love them, their work and think they have done a bang up job then I respect your opinion. I hold a very different view and I will not be opening my wallet for them the future.

• Like 1

meh. no mans sky was a shit game for YEARS without any real content besides aimlessly exploring and spotting fucking trees and stupid creatures were the highlight of your adventure. Been a few months since i last installed it but as far as i remember they still had not implemented any viable form of PVP which is the main reason i hated it... (not counting the pre launch hype it might be a working star citizen) 

There is still hope for Atlas although its been treated like a neglected, malnourished and about to die child of ark, by the devs... I wish there was a video game CPS so this child can live a long fulfilling life instead of being broken, abused and left to rot in some dusty bargen bin. 

Atleast theyre doing Q&A again so we have an idea on whether life support is even possible.

Someone do something! SAVE THIS CHILD!

*beep*... *beep*......*beep*.................*beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*...............................................................................................................................................

• Like 1