gregopeck

Group Unseat Command

Would it be possible to create a way so that you could tell your entire crew to "unseat?" Maybe a whistle could do this. Having a fully crewed galleon makes the task of unseating all the crew on cannons a task that takes too much time IMO. I don't know if this is possible, but it's something I would love to see. Maybe we could have a similar command or whistle to do the opposite, have them return to their stations.

• Like 1

When you select a group, if you press and hold "N" for 3 seconds they will all unseat on button release. They will also become aggro, so you should have your finger on the ";" and hit it instantly to calm them down before they start chasing seagulls. To reverse the operation, press and hold "right shift" and they will all return to their most recent position.

Obviously the above isn't as good as the unseat command you describe, but it does the trick until they give us a better suite of whistles to work with. I don't suggest you hold your breath waiting.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sleepinator2000 said:

When you select a group, if you press and hold "N" for 3 seconds they will all unseat on button release. They will also become aggro, so you should have your finger on the ";" and hit it instantly to calm them down before they start chasing seagulls. To reverse the operation, press and hold "right shift" and they will all return to their most recent position.

Obviously the above isn't as good as the unseat command you describe, but it does the trick until they give us a better suite of whistles to work with. I don't suggest you hold your breath waiting.

Awesome! Thanks for the tip! I'll have to give it a try.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sleepinator2000 said:

I've tried, but haven't gotten this to work yet. Maybe I need to figure out tame groups more, which I never used in Ark. Even looking at the default options in the game, I don't see where "N" is used at all. I did add one or two crew to a group, but I don't know how to get them to do anything. When I pressed "." it made the crew move to a spot, which isn't what I wanted them to do. I may have to try to figure this out.

*Update*

Oh, I see now what you're talking about. When I was using the steering wheel I could press "N." This caused a "red alert," but my crew still didn't do anything. I think right Shift would cancel the red alert. I tried a few different times and was told I couldn't initiate or cancel a red alert within a certain time period. Still, again, my crew didn't do anything, so I may just have to play around with it some more to figure it out.

Edited by gregopeck
realized stuff

I was using that for awhile to switch which side my npcs were on to man a ship out with less npcs, then it just stopped working. The reseat command specifically just stopped reseating any npcs. 

I think something with the command got messed up. 

Still though good suggestion it is a needed command to just unseat and reseat them. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, gregopeck said:

I've tried, but haven't gotten this to work yet. Maybe I need to figure out tame groups more, which I never used in Ark. Even looking at the default options in the game, I don't see where "N" is used at all. I did add one or two crew to a group, but I don't know how to get them to do anything. When I pressed "." it made the crew move to a spot, which isn't what I wanted them to do. I may have to try to figure this out.

*Update*

Oh, I see now what you're talking about. When I was using the steering wheel I could press "N." This caused a "red alert," but my crew still didn't do anything. I think right Shift would cancel the red alert. I tried a few different times and was told I couldn't initiate or cancel a red alert within a certain time period. Still, again, my crew didn't do anything, so I may just have to play around with it some more to figure it out.

The Red Alert will only apply to currently selected groups on your hotbar, so for instance if you want to unseat your left gunners, select only the left group, hold N until the timer on the hotbar counts down, and then release, then immediately hit the chill command ";". The chill command applies to everyone on your ship including tames regardless of current group, you may want to substitute hyphen "-" which puts everyone on neutral instead of passive.

And this only works if you are at the helm of your ship. It will not work if you aren’t currently Captaining the ship. 

4 hours ago, Mr Myst said:

And this only works if you are at the helm of your ship. It will not work if you aren’t currently Captaining the ship. 

Yeah I got that figured out, but it still doesn't seem to work. Maybe I need to play with it more.