Sign in to follow this  
boomervoncannon

Post your idea for how to make sailing less dull.

Some of you are going to do it anyway, no matter what I write, but here goes. If your only suggestion for making sailing less dull is to speed ships up, that has already been suggested eleventy bajillion times. I'm reasonably sure the devs are aware of it as an option. They're also aware of the downsides of this approach with regards to realism and rendering. Please do not post that your idea is to speed ships up. Some of you will regardless, because taking the time to read whole paragraphs is too demanding on your attention span.

For the rest of you, I think it's fair to say that it's becoming increasingly obvious that a significant dilemma with Atlas's development is that sailing is a core game activity, but so far is not interesting enough for the average player. I know that some folks are perfectly fine with sailing as it is. I'm more or less fine with it myself, but many folks have posted and expressed their boredom with sailing in Atlas. If the game is going to succeed, this part of it will need work. So this thread exists to provide a place where we can throw in our suggestions for how to make it better, more engaging. Anything that makes the journey less dull is fair game. Here are my ideas:

1. Have card games or other games of chance that company members can play together from action stations at the helm, cannons or manning sails, just stuff to pass the time. 

2. Further develop the music and dance tree with an eye towards buffs that are meaningful when sailing, not just fighting. Maybe an anti rain dance to reduce the chances of storms, or weaken the storms that do spring up. A song that increases the chances of seeing things like mermaids, whales, or giant turtles.

3. Make the dolphin buff something that is more likely to be useful while sailing. I know of no one that hops into their galleon and sets out for the horizon thinking "Well, now's the time to craft, let's hope a dolphin shows up and buffs my intelligence while I'm doing it."

4. Consider a jetstream mechanic that creates channels of ideal wind through which to traverse each zone or even across multiple zones. These would obviously change over time and could create an interesting risk reward scenario in pvp. Perhaps the sextant or the right song or dance would give the ability to see where the jetstream lies up to a certain range. Just brainstorming here.

5. Make flotsam more rewarding by having a small random percentage of flotsam containers recovered have significantly bigger rewards. As it stands I think most players tend to ignore flotsam as largely not worth it. Hence one thing that could help pass the time largely gets ignored.

If anyone has already suggested these things at some point prior, my apologies. It is not my intention to steal credit for anyone's idea, merely to get a conversation going that might be useful.

Edited by boomervoncannon

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

Some of you are going to do it anyway, no matter what I write, but here goes. If your only suggestion for making sailing less dull is to speed ships up, that has already been suggested eleventy bajillion times. I'm reasonably sure the devs are aware of it as an option. They're also aware of the downsides of this approach with regards to realism and rendering. Please do not post that your idea is to speed ships up. Some of you will regardless, because taking the time to read whole paragraphs is too demanding on your attention span.

For the rest of you, I think it's fair to say that it's becoming increasingly obvious that a significant dilemma with Atlas's development is that sailing is a core game activity, but so far is not interesting enough for the average player. I know that some folks are perfectly fine with sailing as it is. I'm more or less fine with it myself, but many folks have posted and expressed their boredom with sailing in Atlas. If the game is going to succeed, this part of it will need work. So this thread exists to provide a place where we can throw in our suggestions for how to make it better, more engaging. Anything that makes the journey less dull is fair game. Here are my ideas:

1. Have card games or other games of chance that company members can play together from action stations at the helm, cannons or manning sails, just stuff to pass the time. 

2. Further develop the music and dance tree with an eye towards buffs that are meaningful when sailing, not just fighting. Maybe an anti rain dance to reduce the chances of storms, or weaken the storms that do spring up. A song that increases the chances of seeing things like mermaids, whales, or giant turtles.

3. Make the dolphin buff something that is more likely to be useful while sailing. I know of no one that hops into their galleon and sets out for the horizon thinking "Well, now's the time to craft, let's hope a dolphin shows up and buffs my intelligence while I'm doing it."

4. Consider a jetstream mechanic that creates channels of ideal wind through which to traverse each zone or even across multiple zones. These would obviously change over time and could create an interesting risk reward scenario in pvp. Perhaps the sextant or the right song or dance would give the ability to see where the jetstream lies up to a certain range. Just brainstorming here.

If anyone has already suggested these things at some point prior, my apologies. It is not my intention to steal credit for anyone's idea, merely to get a conversation going that might be useful.

dicks, place dicks everywhere 😂

hmm i think sailing need to be more engaging, before even sailing you need a reason to sail, it might sound dumb basic but several times when poundering between options i have found myself stuck between the fact that i like sailing and the fact that i didnt have any reason to sail, ofc this is dependent of my own personal set of circumstances, in my case i like progression, most of my activities focus on that BUT i am not a try hard blind of love for the game player, what does that mean? it means that i dont follow a path for the sake of moving forward i follow a path only to chase after a goal and so to choose a goal i ask myself a few questions before deciding if investing my time into it is worth it:

- Is the final resul hard to reach? if yes --> does it improve my gameplay experience? if yes --> is it something i could easily lose (along with all the time and effort i invested in it?) --> if the answer to that question is yes then  i dont do it

so before suggesting anything is necessary to notice that my suggestions would imply a big change in some of the core mechanics of the game, more in particular: removing the decay system and tying up my progression to my character instead of my boat, to clarify, the benefits of a mythical galleon for example should be tied to my character skills rather than the materials used on the boat, that way i would feel engaged to go after a mythical boat even if in the future i find myself in high risk low rewards situations, i would also feel engaged to level up.

while all i have explained is not a sailing suggestion yet it sets the fundamentals for (in my personal case) feel engaged to sail, so now that we have reasons to leave port is time to focus on the sailing.

Wind: Most annoying part of sailing, going against the wind while realistic is an absolute pain in the ass, if you ask me i would either get rid of it or at least minimize its effects, maybe under specific circumstances like out of combat, after unlocking specific skills or other options

SotD: They appear in packs, wich have downsides, many people sit there waiting for the pack to disperse after spawning to be able to grab and kill them 1 by 1, thats time you waste and breaks the immersion. After killing them they drop designs and people but extremely low ammount of gold, i enjoy killing them but the lack of gold drop makes days long hunts unsustainable, you might end up far from your base where your gold usually is and you are therefore forced to go back (shipwrecks are an option but getting attacked by a SotD that just spawned (because yolo) while underwater is too risky for my taste.

FOV: SotD FOV is too limited, making the hunt too easy, you see them way before they do

SotD vs Wind: the fact that you are affected by wind and SotDs are not takes away all sense of strategic battle that wind is supposed to add to the game

Cyclones: Most people dont like cyclons and cry about them, i wonder why did you choose a survival game in the first place if you dont want to be bothered by anything?, the most epic battle i had was vs a red lvl 53 SotD in the middle of a storm surrounded by cyclones, then cyclones were nerfed and never ran into that same situation again..sadly

SotD levels: SotD levels should be totally random, there is no bigger adrenaline rush as when you find yourself surrounded and you spot one red SotD with a unknown level coming at you, knowing that high level SotDs are found only in golden age ruins it kinda spoils the element of surprise (also forces you to go to golden age grids if you want to hunt them). Adding rare spawns of alpha SotD that drop super rare designs would be wonderful too (dont fuck it up adding mythos to the design materials ffs)

Movement speed: Increase the movement speed when outside of combat

Repair: When there is only 1 player on the ship you should be able to command unassigned NPCs to repair taken damage, stoping to manually repair after each fight not only is annoying but also breaks the immersion

i could be writing here all day long, but considering it will be ignored anyways i think this will do.

Edited by The D Legacy

Sync zones so the winds is the same across all the zones, with the exception of storms. Sucks to plan a trip across 8 zones, wait for good wind to leave harbor, only to zone to the next grid and the wind is a different direction and low.

Give players the ability (on a long cooldown) to change the direction of the wind.  a few different ways to do it.  1) a skill to unlock, comes with some type of big penalty.  2)  an idol you have to craft or make.  takes alot of resources and a one time use.  gives a 1 hour debuff that you can not use another one.  3) small alter on the ship and you have to make an offering to the gods.  (resources,  gold, animals, food, ect).  if they accept you can do it,  if they dont you get there wrath.  could spawn SoTDs all around, spawn storm that's 2x or 3x as strong as normal,  lightning bolt kills everyone on your ship, spawns monstrous whale that chase only you .  teleports you and ship to a random grid in the game.    lots of stuff you happen.  you get the idea.

How much of a game changer would it be to be able to change wind in pvp...

• Like 3

I'd like to see bonuses to being actively at he helm and leaning the boat while follwing the drafts.

Tradewinds. Please god... Tradewinds.

More weather conditions, less fog, less cyclones when they appear.

Some sort of bouns-speed/sail angle minigame.

Ship upgrades such as beaching keels, raming bows, armor plating.

OARS FOR THE LOVE OF OATS, OARS.

Unoccupied crew also move freely around the ship, doing tasks like fishing, and repairing the ship. Just to make the ship seem less dead.

Option to select a destination and have a crew member at the helm sail there instead, allowing me to freely move about the ship doing repairs and fishing.

Crows nest slot for an NPC holding a spyglass. Reduces fog and marks targets.

Edited by PeglegTheAngry
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

Some sort of bouns-speed/sail angle minigame

Oh for god sakes no, the minigames are not a game at all.

43 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

Ship upgrades such as beaching keels, raming bows, armor plating

This I thought would be nice instead of just bouncing off SOTD. There are already the skins, just give them the damage and repair.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

5. Make flotsam more rewarding by having a small random percentage of flotsam containers recovered have significantly bigger rewards. As it stands I think most players tend to ignore flotsam as largely not worth it. Hence one thing that could help pass the time largely gets ignored.

Oh boy boomer. You aren’t going to like this.

ok well I can’t say faster sailing so I would say make the map smaller. In sea of thieves you could see someone every 10-15 minutes or so. The only thing about that is that ships would have to become a lot cheaper, which in turn would make the grind less of a hassle. 

Another one would be topless dancers like in Conan exiles.

another would be very active live action fishing. Like we are talking bass pro type fishing.

I like your idea of games, but what they really need are drinking games and not for in game characters but for the players playing the game. Getting a buzz while having fun is always awesome. I have a pretty cool SoT story I’ll tell you one day.

have competition between company mates become a thing while sailing. Who can do this faster and who can do that faster.

i am sure I will think of more but that was just off the top of my head.

At risk of getting perilously close to "speed up sailing", I think a nice replacement suggestion for the currently broken mechanic on Speed Sails would be something to mitigate the slowdown associated with low winds. Something where a perfect +200% speed sail would have no slowdown in terrible winds, and a +150% would only see half the current slowdown. I wish I could take credit for the suggestion, but somebody else thought of it before me.

I think the real boredom kicks in when some people have to sail really far (7+ zones), but there are only a couple good reasons to do that: Whaling (if your base is equatorial), High Level Maps, and resources.

I think Whaling is fine as it is, both a benefit and risk associated with polar life. I also think that resource distribution is fine as is, scarcity is the bread and butter of other trading games like EVE online, so really maps is the one place that could get some love.

Two ideas to improve maps:

1. Make them chain - Instead of always having every masterwork send you 8 zones of pure boredom away, have it send you up to 2 zones for a lesser treasure with an additional reward of the next map up the difficulty chain to the grand prize. Map quality could simply be an indicator of how many links there are built into the map chain, and boosted maps always add one more link to the chain, and always end on a Golden Age Ruin.
  2. Make maps last A LOT longer on activated merchant shops so that enterprising map hunters could make a reasonable living just hunting maps, shipping them afar, and selling them closer to the region they could be used. This idea would probably be mutually exclusive with the above idea about map chains, since it would eliminate far maps.
  • Like 3

I agree with many of the ideas here.  I used to not complain about sailing taking too long, but I have become pretty bored with it.  Most people in our company now watch a movie or screw around on youtube - hell, some even play another game while they are sailing!  It was more fun when we would be on a ship together, but we all tend to sail our own ships now and it is pretty boring.  I was hoping that there would be a magic element (tarot) that would be able to affect sailing - buffing the sails or something to that effect.  I don't think its possible to have something in game that can actually have an effect on wind as that would affect everyone in the zone.  It would have to be something that is specific to your ship.  Mini games can be cool, as long as it's something other than the current 'click in the green' that is currently used.  Even something like a 'mastermind' game the captain at the wheel or admiral can engage in that would increase speed or turning radius.  For those of us who sail alone, it would be cool for a NPC lookout.  Someone in the crows nest that can shout out SotD or land when getting close.  One possibility for moving long distances faster... I am not sure if I REALLY like this one though...  Fast ship travel... sort of.  Say you plot a course to go 4 or more zones.  You have to sail to the edge of the first, and then log in at the edge of the zone you are going to.  You don't simply transport directly to the island you want to go to, but skip a few zones in between.  Again, just throwing ideas out there... 

On 8/16/2019 at 4:41 PM, Sleepinator2000 said:

1. Make them chain - Instead of always having every masterwork send you 8 zones of pure boredom away, have it send you up to 2 zones for a lesser treasure with an additional reward of the next map up the difficulty chain to the grand prize. Map quality could simply be an indicator of how many links there are built into the map chain, and boosted maps always add one more link to the chain, and always end on a Golden Age Ruin.
  2. Make maps last A LOT longer on activated merchant shops so that enterprising map hunters could make a reasonable living just hunting maps, shipping them afar, and selling them closer to the region they could be used. This idea would probably be mutually exclusive with the above idea about map chains, since it would eliminate far maps.

LOVE the map chain idea!!

Well as a solo player I find I have to have my focus around me so I don't really want a mini game to distract me, I've said before that strategically placed teleports would be good but not everyone agrees to that. though I might add it works well in most other mmo's. Obviously if you are a sailing fan I'm sure you wouldn't need or use them. It does seem though that no one will ever agree on this subject anyway. But the travel time is deffo a put off for a lot of people. 

On 8/16/2019 at 7:41 PM, Sleepinator2000 said:

At risk of getting perilously close to "speed up sailing", I think a nice replacement suggestion for the currently broken mechanic on Speed Sails would be something to mitigate the slowdown associated with low winds. Something where a perfect +200% speed sail would have no slowdown in terrible winds, and a +150% would only see half the current slowdown. I wish I could take credit for the suggestion, but somebody else thought of it before me.

I think the real boredom kicks in when some people have to sail really far (7+ zones), but there are only a couple good reasons to do that: Whaling (if your base is equatorial), High Level Maps, and resources.

I think Whaling is fine as it is, both a benefit and risk associated with polar life. I also think that resource distribution is fine as is, scarcity is the bread and butter of other trading games like EVE online, so really maps is the one place that could get some love.

Also love the map chain idea. 2nd idea isn’t bad either.

I like the map chain idea too but not so much if its going to send you to different grids. There is a good fantasy in digging up the treasure and inside the box is another map but as a practical matter lets keep it to the same grid. Its all very well for it to send you all over the place if you are only doing one map, its something else entirely if you have 20+ your trying to do.

I feel as though we have a lot of PvE posts so far. These are all geared towards PvP.

Just for the record, I highly enjoy sailing as it is now. I don't think there is a lack of things to do while sailing. Between managing the sails and keeping course, I have to contend with SoTD, whales, pirates and I also have floatsom and shipwrecks to keep me hoping. Although the value/reward to most of these activities is where the rub is I feel.

BIG CHANGES

1. DO NOT MAKE SAILING FASTER. To be more elaborate, do not take away the vastness of the map its possibly the most special thing Atlas has atm. Its already compromised by beds as they currently work. If anything, nerf beds to reduce the unlimited teleport and create more need for sailing. Sailing not only should be better, it should be more needed as well. 

2. ADD MORE SHIPS. This is the big one. Specifically, more ships and diversity among them. Some ships should be faster for exploring or for crossing 3+ grids, but less sustainable for combat or material hauling. Some ships should be slower and geared for hauling or combat. Make some with oars that less wind reliant. Make more subs, or at least subs more available. Almost, like, all the thought and time that was put into those god damn tames, do the same for boats. Use history and get creative. At the end of the day, I shouldn't have more options for a wall than I do for a ship.

3. MAKE SHIPS SAFER ASSETS. Currently the greatest assets in the game, and hence what everything revolves around is what you have on land (bases, ports, ect). Ships are fickle things that can only be semi safe behind ports that have been heavily vested with defenses and NPC mounted turrets. A very big complaint, is not necessarily going sailing around, but rather having to sail BACK to base before you are done. I would like to see, especially for the solo and duo player, the boat be the preferred base. Id like to see the boats immune to taking or giving dmg when anchored. This would allow you to spend days or weeks sailing around, only needing to find an approachable beach to end your gaming session for the day. Ofc this means no stealing anchored boats as well. I'm also open to adding an upkeep cost to this, and/or reducing the company limit to prevent abuse. 

4. INCREASE VISIBILITY. Another big complaint is SoTD, other boats, and structures built around islands not populating or being visible until the last moment. While on a flat sea, I should have a much greater range of sight to avoid colliding with things much sooner than I currently have the option to do.

5. MR. SULU. I personally disagree with this one, but it has enough merit and support on its own, and I am not so much a blind idealist as to not see the benefit to a navigating NPC helmsman. I don't like the idea of any NPCs taking the jobs that should be real people playing an MMORPG, but they are there and there to stay. I would prefer it to be a skill buried at the bottom of the captain tree. It would be nice to set a destination and an aggro level (behavior, like the NPCs and tames) and allow you to do other things while en route.

6 MAGIC. It is...(Damn you for making me say it out loud Boomer)..(/clenched teeth)..a fantasy game..not just a pirate game as so many of you have successfully argued. There should be a magic (tarot or otherwise) skill tree. This allows more dynamics with wind, fog, visibility range, ship capacity, ship durability, ship stealth (npc range), ship dmg, short range radar and on and on and on with what could be done with simple buffs/debuffs/AOEs and just justifying them with a high level magic user. I would balance this by limiting how many skill trees a person is able to master relative to how it is currently setup (jack of all, master of all).

QOL Changes   

7. Don't make me use the damn sextant, its annoying, not challenging or engaging. Just give me the buff on the captain tree.

8. Let me set an NPC to collect floatsom with a grappling hook when I get in range. At least if you don't buff what they give as rewards, because they blow as is.

9. Ship flag for decoration/affiliation, steal it straight from Sea of Thieves. In particular the PvP flag, which allows your location to show as a red dot on the map for all to see. Come and get some!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

I feel as though we have a lot of PvE posts so far. These are all geared towards PvP.

Just for the record, I highly enjoy sailing as it is now. I don't think there is a lack of things to do while sailing. Between managing the sails and keeping course, I have to contend with SoTD, whales, pirates and I also have floatsom and shipwrecks to keep me hoping. Although the value/reward to most of these activities is where the rub is I feel.

BIG CHANGES

1. DO NOT MAKE SAILING FASTER. To be more elaborate, do not take away the vastness of the map its possibly the most special thing Atlas has atm. Its already compromised by beds as they currently work. If anything, nerf beds to reduce the unlimited teleport and create more need for sailing. Sailing not only should be better, it should be more needed as well. 

2. ADD MORE SHIPS. This is the big one. Specifically, more ships and diversity among them. Some ships should be faster for exploring or for crossing 3+ grids, but less sustainable for combat or material hauling. Some ships should be slower and geared for hauling or combat. Make some with oars that less wind reliant. Make more subs, or at least subs more available. Almost, like, all the thought and time that was put into those god damn tames, do the same for boats. Use history and get creative. At the end of the day, I shouldn't have more options for a wall than I do for a ship.

3. MAKE SHIPS SAFER ASSETS. Currently the greatest assets in the game, and hence what everything revolves around is what you have on land (bases, ports, ect). Ships are fickle things that can only be semi safe behind ports that have been heavily vested with defenses and NPC mounted turrets. A very big complaint, is not necessarily going sailing around, but rather having to sail BACK to base before you are done. I would like to see, especially for the solo and duo player, the boat be the preferred base. Id like to see the boats immune to taking or giving dmg when anchored. This would allow you to spend days or weeks sailing around, only needing to find an approachable beach to end your gaming session for the day. Ofc this means no stealing anchored boats as well. I'm also open to adding an upkeep cost to this, and/or reducing the company limit to prevent abuse. 

4. INCREASE VISIBILITY. Another big complaint is SoTD, other boats, and structures built around islands not populating or being visible until the last moment. While on a flat sea, I should have a much greater range of sight to avoid colliding with things much sooner than I currently have the option to do.

5. MR. SULU. I personally disagree with this one, but it has enough merit and support on its own, and I am not so much a blind idealist as to not see the benefit to a navigating NPC helmsman. I don't like the idea of any NPCs taking the jobs that should be real people playing an MMORPG, but they are there and there to stay. I would prefer it to be a skill buried at the bottom of the captain tree. It would be nice to set a destination and an aggro level (behavior, like the NPCs and tames) and allow you to do other things while en route.

6 MAGIC. It is...(Damn you for making me say it out loud Boomer)..(/clenched teeth)..a fantasy game..not just a pirate game as so many of you have successfully argued. There should be a magic (tarot or otherwise) skill tree. This allows more dynamics with wind, fog, visibility range, ship capacity, ship durability, ship stealth (npc range), ship dmg, short range radar and on and on and on with what could be done with simple buffs/debuffs/AOEs and just justifying them with a high level magic user. I would balance this by limiting how many skill trees a person is able to master relative to how it is currently setup (jack of all, master of all).

QOL Changes   

7. Don't make me use the damn sextant, its annoying, not challenging or engaging. Just give me the buff on the captain tree.

8. Let me set an NPC to collect floatsom with a grappling hook when I get in range. At least if you don't buff what they give as rewards, because they blow as is.

9. Ship flag for decoration/affiliation, steal it straight from Sea of Thieves. In particular the PvP flag, which allows your location to show as a red dot on the map for all to see. Come and get some!

A lot of good stuff here and good to hear some pvp specific feedback on this topic. “At the end of the day I shouldn’t have more options for a wall than I do for a ship.” This is both one of the truest and funniest criticisms I’ve ever seen on here.  I also think you’ve got some great ideas for how to leverage the fantasy aspect to address some things.

I completely agree about making ships less vulnerable and thus useful for travel over long ranges. Seems like a major inhibiting factor for pvp roaming as it stands. I don’t want to get too heavy into commenting on your ideas since I mostly play pve on Atlas and wouldn’t necessarily have the right perspective, but they all sound great to me.

Bottom line is that if people are actually playing another game while sailing that is stupid AF.

while playing sea of thieves, I might text someone back because I had the time to but I sure as hell wasnt playing another game.

this is becoming very unacceptable. Increase sailing speed by atleast 3x if not 5x. That old stuff just isn’t going to work. This isn’t a sailing game mind you. A pirate game yes, a sailing game no.

definitely not happy with hearing how people spend their time sailing.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Realist said:

Bottom line is that if people are actually playing another game while sailing that is stupid AF.

while playing sea of thieves, I might text someone back because I had the time to but I sure as hell wasnt playing another game.

this is becoming very unacceptable. Increase sailing speed by atleast 3x if not 5x. That old stuff just isn’t going to work. This isn’t a sailing game mind you. A pirate game yes, a sailing game no.

definitely not happy with hearing how people spend their time sailing.

this game cant render stuff at normal speed lol, I hope your joking about 3x5x cause that would make your pc go up in smoke. and your xbox would blow up.

3 minutes ago, lordkhan4444 said:

this game cant render stuff at normal speed lol, I hope your joking about 3x5x cause that would make your pc go up in smoke. and your xbox would blow up.

I have flown birds before the flier nerf and stuff didn’t render in sure, but my Xbox handles it fine. And that was with 400% speed and flying. Don’t worry my one x can easily handle it 😉

12 minutes ago, Realist said:

I have flown birds before the flier nerf and stuff didn’t render in sure, but my Xbox handles it fine. And that was with 400% speed and flying. Don’t worry my one x can easily handle it 😉

scarlet is gona be 4x the power of the X this game should just wait. just think about all those poor kiddies on there xbox S and elite, and god help those still on the OG.

Edited by lordkhan4444

17 minutes ago, lordkhan4444 said:

scarlet is gona be 4x the power of the X this game should just wait. just think about all those poor kiddies on there xbox S and elite, and god help those still on the OG.

Yeah I can’t blame you there. Don’t think I was arguing with you so definitely wasn’t. I was just saying I am doing ok lol.

but yeah I am very excited about scarlet. My wife is going to hate her 😂 

the very unfortunate thing is one of my good buddies is going to get the ps5 gifted to him and he tried to change it but they are a ps family. I might have to buy scarlet and ps5. Smh.

the good news is my buddy is getting a really good pc soon(within a couple of weeks but for you tube purposes) so you can see our builds. Evidently if you want good YouTube conetwnt you need a good  pc. I watch YouTube but have never streamed so I have no clue on that.

i really don’t want to have to buy 3 systems so the sooner they figure this 💩 out the better.

getting a little annoyed with all of these systems.

good thing about Xbox is that as long as I order online my buddies can download any game I buy. Not sure how that works either though. I don’t buy physical opuses anymore though.

cant wait for man of modan. I love the whole interactive movie thing. Choices equals actual consequences. I love it.

and borderlands 3? Yeah dude, you can’t beat borderlands.

Mix up the sail blueprint bonuses so a speed sail can have increased sail effective angle or acceleration or weight movement. This should be very easy to accomplish since those are already coded bonuses.

34 minutes ago, seruum said:

Mix up the sail blueprint bonuses so a speed sail can have increased sail effective angle or acceleration or weight movement. This should be very easy to accomplish since those are already coded bonuses.

That would definitely help Megas. Not saying it is a bad idea. Just saying who it would help 

Make weight Not Slow You down that much would already help alot tbh. But what iam really looking forward to would be (like the whales ) Special Sea Monsters Which can be found in a certain biom. Have a kraken who grabs your ship And You Need to damage his tentacles to flee or pick up a right which gives a reward or so. A leviathan which Needs to be harpooned to fight him. A Giant turtle which has a Route it follows And if you find it there are aods on the back And traps but also a hidden treasure.

• Like 1

I've suggested this before but instead of speeding up sailing, make fast travel an option. Freeports need to be, well, more. So add the ability to fast travel to and from them. Once you've traveled to it once then you should be able to go to a Freeport and then be able to fast travel to other Freeports that you've visited. This would greatly reduce the time to travel across the map. 

In addition to this Freeports should be vendor hubs (preset stalls for different types of things and all connected). They could also have pens where you can sell and buy animals. Quests should also be available here such as deliver 1,000 Silk, etc. 

1 hour ago, Sydhart said:

I've suggested this before but instead of speeding up sailing, make fast travel an option. Freeports need to be, well, more. So add the ability to fast travel to and from them. Once you've traveled to it once then you should be able to go to a Freeport and then be able to fast travel to other Freeports that you've visited. This would greatly reduce the time to travel across the map. 

In addition to this Freeports should be vendor hubs (preset stalls for different types of things and all connected). They could also have pens where you can sell and buy animals. Quests should also be available here such as deliver 1,000 Silk, etc. 

Are you aware you can go to any freeport whenever now? Just like using a bed, die and spawn there. You can even port from island to island inside of that grid.

I like your other ideas. I do feel fast travel should be far less than it is now though. Its already absurd.

Besides that free Ports Need a bit love, i agree that fast travell is Not really helping to make sailing less dull. The 2 Main reasons why sailing is annoying atm is Either Bad wind or just the fact that weight slows you down as hell. Also there Need to be a good reason which is worth sailing for And also its just Moving from A to B Without any Risk.

13 minutes ago, zottel said:

Besides that free Ports Need a bit love, i agree that fast travell is Not really helping to make sailing less dull. The 2 Main reasons why sailing is annoying atm is Either Bad wind or just the fact that weight slows you down as hell. Also there Need to be a good reason which is worth sailing for And also its just Moving from A to B Without any Risk.

Are you aware that weight doesn’t affect movement at all until about 60% of max weight? The approach I take is to try to stay at or below that point.

Sure, the difference between 60% and can barely move is about 10k of weight on a galleon and that’s nothing to sneeze at, but I can’t think of any situation where I had to load my tally down beyond 60%, Just ones where I was tempted to, but to me the movement is worth it.

Edited by boomervoncannon