Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Whitehawk

Message in a bottle

Recommended Posts

I don't know if it's already been suggested but instead of just treasure maps in bottles how about stranded sailors letters? And rescuing them as a quest?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

I don't know if it's already been suggested but instead of just treasure maps in bottles how about stranded sailors letters? And rescuing them as a quest?

Would be cool And those could have small buffs like 1% less repaircost or so for anchored ships

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

I don't know if it's already been suggested but instead of just treasure maps in bottles how about stranded sailors letters? And rescuing them as a quest?

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

its already a pain in the ass to have to pick up maps to make gold as to now have maps and letters mixed togheter, if anything maps near the coast and letters in the open sea is something i could agree on.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if it was a stranded sailor they could have him join your crew for free if you rescue him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The D Legacy said:

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

its already a pain in the ass to have to pick up maps to make gold as to now have maps and letters mixed together, if anything maps near the coast and letters in the open sea is something i could agree on.

lol that seems an awful lot of no's for something that strikes me as a fairly trivial level of inconvenience the way you describe it. I mean there's nothing wrong with your counter suggestion, I think that would be a perfectly fine way to distinguish between the two types so people could get exactly what they wanted and ignore the other type if they so desired, but would it really bug you that much if they were both along the shore?

Btw if you just wanna make gold and aren't worried about blueprints, have you tried shipwreck diving? Seems about as lucrative as maps without the need to gather them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

lol that seems an awful lot of no's for something that strikes me as a fairly trivial level of inconvenience the way you describe it. I mean there's nothing wrong with your counter suggestion, I think that would be a perfectly fine way to distinguish between the two types so people could get exactly what they wanted and ignore the other type if they so desired, but would it really bug you that much if they were both along the shore?

Btw if you just wanna make gold and aren't worried about blueprints, have you tried shipwreck diving? Seems about as lucrative as maps without the need to gather them.

 

😱 didnt know shipwrecks give gold now, i quit just before they implemented them and they had announced you could demolish them so i was like meh! i will try it ou...wait...i need a submarine right? fuck my life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

 

😱 didnt know shipwrecks give gold now, i quit just before they implemented them and they had announced you could demolish them so i was like meh! i will try it ou...wait...i need a submarine right? fuck my life

Dude if you wanna make gold go whaling. You can snag 2 or 4 in a short amount of time and return to harbor with 2-3k gold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

Dude if you wanna make gold go whaling. You can snag 2 or 4 in a short amount of time and return to harbor with 2-3k gold. 

hmm i never had the chance to try whaling before wipe to be honest, i go traumatized after seeing a streamer's galleon kicked to the sky by 3 whales and destroyed to pieces, it was not mine but i never managed to recover 😂 i will totally try it in the future 😁 any advice?

Edited by The D Legacy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

 

😱 didnt know shipwrecks give gold now, i quit just before they implemented them and they had announced you could demolish them so i was like meh! i will try it ou...wait...i need a submarine right? fuck my life

You don't need a sub just the diving rig. I would take a lantern if you're doing them any time other than the middle of a bright sunny day because it does realistically get darker as you go deeper. In early evening it's almost pitch black at the bottom where the wreck is. The amount of gold obtained for time invested seems to be as good or better than maps, but wrecks don't give bp's.

The way you get the gold is to go into the wreck ( a fairly simple maze puzzle) and find your way to the treasure chest that should always be somewhere inside the wreck. It should be easy enough to see from skirting around the outside.

Edited by boomervoncannon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, boomervoncannon said:

You don't need a sub just the diving rig. I would take a lantern if you're doing them any time other than the middle of a bright sunny day because it does realistically get darker as you go deeper. In early evening it's almost pitch black at the bottom where the wreck is. 

true for some reason i forgot about the suit, and the latern is totally gonna be green, the kind of green that hurts your eyes and soul when looking at it  😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The D Legacy said:

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

its already a pain in the ass to have to pick up maps to make gold as to now have maps and letters mixed togheter, if anything maps near the coast and letters in the open sea is something i could agree on.

What if the letters are only in those bottles that were going to disappear when you picked them up anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The D Legacy said:

true for some reason i forgot about the suit, and the latern is totally gonna be green, the kind of green that hurts your eyes and soul when looking at it  😂

The only color that hurts my soul when looking at it is the old Tampa Bay Buccaneers creamsicle uniforms. Grown men should never have been subjected to this.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

hmm i never had the chance to try whaling before wipe to be honest, i go traumatized after seeing a streamer's galleon kicked to the sky by 3 whales and destroyed to pieces, it was not mine but i never managed to recover 😂 i will totally try it in the future 😁 any advice?

Depends on how much you want to invest. I suggest a dedicated Schooner with speed sails, minimal accoutrements, two blueprint Ballistas facing rear, a diving rig, around 400 ballista bolts, and a carbine for pulling. Get some good fur armor and you can go Polar where the whales hunt you, not the other way around. Try to put alot of your sloop levels into +damage.

You can easily outrun any whale even in a sloop, but you need the speed to cover alot of ground while hunting for them. Stick with the prevailing winds and you'll cover more ground.

Once you kill one, use your diving suit to stay warm and avoid shark aggro while chopping blubber. Don't forget to loot it before you start choppin.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2019 at 1:20 PM, The D Legacy said:

hmm i never had the chance to try whaling before wipe to be honest, i go traumatized after seeing a streamer's galleon kicked to the sky by 3 whales and destroyed to pieces, it was not mine but i never managed to recover 😂 i will totally try it in the future 😁 any advice?

Pretty much what the dude above said. I used a brig bc i prefer brigs. 4 rear mounted ballista, normal is fine, 4 crew on them 3 on sails. Get close, sick the ballista crews on it and just let it follow you while your crew kills it. With no dmg levels and plain balista its roughly 60-80 bolts per whale to kill. Takes a minute to get the speed down, not to fast to loose agro, not too slow to get got by shamoo.

Use grapling hook or diving suit to gather the gold. Can farm good amounts of oil from the carcas. Do it on weekends with gold buffs for extra gold.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting back to the topic, I still think that there could be stranded sailors etc who send messages via bottles you find, and maybe as a reward they could join your crew for free as an incentive, especially for solo players who lack the gold to buy a crew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×