Sign in to follow this  
sgzeroone

It's not too late.

Dear Grapeshot,

I wanted to like your game, but unfortunately in it's current state I simply can't.  Every reason I came to play this game has evaporated either because of bad game mechanics, incomplete feature implementation, or just game breaking bugs.  I know it's EA, but I have played a tremendous amount of early access games over the years and this particular game is on my top 10 of worst EA games I have played.

I truly hope that you guys figure out how to fix this game (or at least have a plan) and make it into what was originally advertised or at least make it into something worth the time spent playing it.  Perhaps get in touch with Hello Games (No Man Sky) and ask them how they managed to save a great game from being abandoned. 

I wish you guys the best and I will be following the forums and watching the patch notes in hopes that things will turn around.

Good Luck

Sincerely,

A hopeful Atlas player who wants to return

Edited by sgzeroone
  • Like 2

Yep, I've stopped playing Atlas and gone back to No Man's Sky for now. Hopefully Grapeshot will listen to the community and consider some of the great suggestions provided here. Right now there is no reason to even login to the game and if things don't change there won't ever be a reason again. 

Interesting story about Ark – I started playing that game when it came out, and I was alone and had no friends there. I met a really nice group of guys that recruited me and let me join their clan. They would recruit other ‘lost soul’ types and give them a group to belong to that was well-organized and successful.

Every now and then a member would say something a bit off-color, and I would just chalk it up to the usual internet racism. After I while I joined their Teamspeak and noticed that people would post racist memes occasionally, and swastikas could be seen in some member’s avatars.

After asking around I confirmed that this was a gaming wing of a white supremacist group. Their recruiting strategy focused on lonely male gamer types who were trying to belong to something.

That’s when my time on Ark came to a close!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

21 hours ago, Sydhart said:

Yep, I've stopped playing Atlas and gone back to No Man's Sky for now. Hopefully Grapeshot will listen to the community and consider some of the great suggestions provided here. Right now there is no reason to even login to the game and if things don't change there won't ever be a reason again. 

Grapeshot has proven they don't give a f*ck about what the game really needs (fixing the goddamn LAG, stability, glitches) but rather stupid hats and dinosaurs in a pirate game. They're all about cosmetics and band-aid'ing problems rather than fixing them. The devs have a combined iq of the lowest kid in a mentally challenged 4th grade classroom. This game will never be successful with it's current crew in the office. This game had so much going for it but it was consumed and shit out by homeless looking shit scoopers from the local nursing home. Star base is a game you should be looking forward to, and cut the cord with your relationship with this game. 

3 hours ago, narddog said:

Grapeshot has proven they don't give a f*ck about what the game really needs (fixing the goddamn LAG, stability, glitches) but rather stupid hats and dinosaurs in a pirate game. They're all about cosmetics and band-aid'ing problems rather than fixing them. The devs have a combined iq of the lowest kid in a mentally challenged 4th grade classroom. This game will never be successful with it's current crew in the office. This game had so much going for it but it was consumed and shit out by homeless looking shit scoopers from the local nursing home. Star base is a game you should be looking forward to, and cut the cord with your relationship with this game. 

Harsh and inappropriate. I know you are mad that the game isn't living up to the hype and promises yet but I've had the pleasure of knowing one of the members of this team and they are good people. Big changes take time. Look at No Man's Sky as mentioned above. It's taken them approximately 6 years to get where they are now. Change will come and hopefully they will find their way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sydhart said:

Harsh and inappropriate. I know you are mad that the game isn't living up to the hype and promises yet but I've had the pleasure of knowing one of the members of this team and they are good people. Big changes take time. Look at No Man's Sky as mentioned above. It's taken them approximately 6 years to get where they are now. Change will come and hopefully they will find their way.

You know what's inapropriate? 

*Dollie has left the chat*

That's inapropriate. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, narddog said:

You know what's inapropriate? 

*Dollie has left the chat*

That's inapropriate. 

No that's Dollie leaving the chat. 

If your premise is that it's inappropriate under any circumstance whatsoever for a moderator to ever leave a chat, I can offer a pretty good guess about the kind of thing that might have precipitated her leaving.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

No that's Dollie leaving the chat. 

If your premise is that it's inappropriate under any circumstance whatsoever for a moderator to ever leave a chat, I can offer a pretty good guess about the kind of thing that might have precipitated her leaving.

😂 I almost just left the emoji and that was it. I loved that first sentence so damn much. 

And they call me the troll. Boomer won the day. Kudos 👍

On 8/16/2019 at 6:39 PM, Realist said:

😂 I almost just left the emoji and that was it. I loved that first sentence so damn much. 

And they call me the troll. Boomer won the day. Kudos 👍

Enjoy your dead game fellas 😂

3 hours ago, narddog said:

Dead or not I’m not the one crying cause a CM left the chat and I lost my super special double secret exclusive dev access that regular players don’t get. Taking your ball and going home when you don’t get special treatment.

Boo

@#$&ing

Hoo

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, narddog said:

Sure it’s dead right now. Wait till the console people come in lol

i take no responsibility for pc players and their lack of pirate activities. I didn’t force them to be in Megas. The weak will always cling to each other for support. 

On 8/16/2019 at 2:38 PM, narddog said:

looking at so much hate in 1 post makes me want to side with the devs to be honest... but then i remember they are not even working in the PC version of atlas right now....sigh

On 8/21/2019 at 7:38 PM, Realist said:

Sure it’s dead right now. Wait till the console people come in lol

i take no responsibility for pc players and their lack of pirate activities. I didn’t force them to be in Megas. The weak will always cling to each other for support. 

*clings to Realist's leg just to make him drag me around out of sheer laziness.*

Thanks for the lift dude.

• Like 1