Sign in to follow this  
Sulfurblade

Quarterly Post to fall on Deaf Dev Ears!

Developers your game is crap!

Problem 1)

Skill tree, is terrible it creates a bunch of clones out there playing the game everyone have about 60-70% of the exact same skills!!!

Where is the diversity???  Do you know what a skill tree is for???  Where are the professions???  

Suggested Fix)

Put in Professions make people different!!!  If your a Master Shipwright because you invested all your skill points into it then you barely know how to make a campfire and your go to weapon is a hammer!!!  

If your a master Tamer you don't have a clue how to build a ship let alone a house!!!

If your a Master Logger you cut wood like nobody's business the tree's fear you but those rocks laugh in your face as you have no idea how to get metal from a rock!!!

And for the Love of god TAMES are not the end all be all of everything...  They should never harvest anything faster than a human who specializes in harvesting that item! 

Problem 2)

Why do you insist on being able to claim an entire island or put down 300 hundred different claim flags!!!  Why can't you figure out that all you need to do is give 1 person, 1 claim flag that claims a SMALL area NOT AN ISLAND.....

Problem 3)

PvP your grandiose ideas of giant player vs player battles with No rules anything goes is a FOULS DREAM.  Your style of game is a harbor a paradise for toxic behaviour, it's a place where griefers and trolls run rampant because you don't put in Structure and Rules that are NEEDED for pvp to work!!! That 1 claim flag above should be a person home there castle and it should not be a place griefers are burning down at night while a person sleeps it should be a safe location a place to keep valuables.  For PvP to work you need Offline Raid Protection (ORP)  Claims should not be raidable and Ships that are Anchored should not be sinkable!  

Lets PvP happen at Sea when everyone is at keyboard....

Problem 4)

You idea of sailing is lackluster at best your concept of Sailing that bigger is better is sad and stupid.  Games like Pirates of the Burning Sea and Naval Action demonstrate how Wind and sail types come together to create Strategy, was to run ways to chase, ways to make a player think....  For the love of god give us Lanteen Sails and Gaff Sails and Spritsails and (Topmast) and give us more ability to customize the hull or more hull types!!!  And Most importantly a heavy Galleon IS NOT the fastest ship on the water!!! 

Sailing is not just raise the sails and aim the ship opposite of the wind....

Now I am going to stop this list here as I don't want to overwhelm you with issues!  These are some of the Worst and most glaring if you were to fix this list you would make this game about 1000% times better but I am quite sure this like so many other posts is going to fall on DEAF ears and that's also why I am going to save my breath and cut this list short....

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

Developers your game is crap!

Problem 1)

Skill tree, is terrible it creates a bunch of clones out there playing the game everyone have about 60-70% of the exact same skills!!!

Where is the diversity???  Do you know what a skill tree is for???  Where are the professions???  

Suggested Fix)

Put in Professions make people different!!!  If your a Master Shipwright because you invested all your skill points into it then you barely know how to make a campfire and your go to weapon is a hammer!!!  

If your a master Tamer you don't have a clue how to build a ship let alone a house!!!

If your a Master Logger you cut wood like nobody's business the tree's fear you but those rocks laugh in your face as you have no idea how to get metal from a rock!!!

And for the Love of god TAMES are not the end all be all of everything...  They should never harvest anything faster than a human who specializes in harvesting that item! 

Problem 2)

Why do you insist on being able to claim an entire island or put down 300 hundred different claim flags!!!  Why can't you figure out that all you need to do is give 1 person, 1 claim flag that claims a SMALL area NOT AN ISLAND.....

Problem 3)

PvP your grandiose ideas of giant player vs player battles with No rules anything goes is a FOULS DREAM.  Your style of game is a harbor a paradise for toxic behaviour, it's a place where griefers and trolls run rampant because you don't put in Structure and Rules that are NEEDED for pvp to work!!! That 1 claim flag above should be a person home there castle and it should not be a place griefers are burning down at night while a person sleeps it should be a safe location a place to keep valuables.  For PvP to work you need Offline Raid Protection (ORP)  Claims should not be raidable and Ships that are Anchored should not be sinkable!  

Lets PvP happen at Sea when everyone is at keyboard....

Problem 4)

You idea of sailing is lackluster at best your concept of Sailing that bigger is better is sad and stupid.  Games like Pirates of the Burning Sea and Naval Action demonstrate how Wind and sail types come together to create Strategy, was to run ways to chase, ways to make a player think....  For the love of god give us Lanteen Sails and Gaff Sails and Spritsails and (Topmast) and give us more ability to customize the hull or more hull types!!!  And Most importantly a heavy Galleon IS NOT the fastest ship on the water!!! 

Sailing is not just raise the sails and aim the ship opposite of the wind....

Now I am going to stop this list here as I don't want to overwhelm you with issues!  These are some of the Worst and most glaring if you were to fix this list you would make this game about 1000% times better but I am quite sure this like so many other posts is going to fall on DEAF ears and that's also why I am going to save my breath and cut this list short....

I am just going to go with issue 1 and 2 surfer. Not because anything bad(don’t think that) but because I am tired as hell and I need to go to bed. 1 and 2 and very big problems though.

issue 1: yeah listen to this guy devs. But not only professions, I think classes would be good as well. Like trader, pirate, colonists, etc. professions could be more in-depth ala mmorpg’esque like leather worker, blacksmith, etc. just do it already.

issue 2: yeah man you probably won’t agree with me on this one and it’s all good but the claims just need to go. Disagree with me all you want and I won’t bother arguing. That is just what I think needs to happen. I won’t change in that aspect.

factions would help ease issue 2 just saying.

4 minutes ago, Realist said:

I am just going to go with issue 1 and 2 surfer. Not because anything bad(don’t think that) but because I am tired as hell and I need to go to bed. 1 and 2 and very big problems though.

issue 1: yeah listen to this guy devs. But not only professions, I think classes would be good as well. Like trader, pirate, colonists, etc. professions could be more in-depth ala mmorpg’esque like leather worker, blacksmith, etc. just do it already.

issue 2: yeah man you probably won’t agree with me on this one and it’s all good but the claims just need to go. Disagree with me all you want and I won’t bother arguing. That is just what I think needs to happen. I won’t change in that aspect.

factions would help ease issue 2 just saying.

Factions, Law and Order, Government, Notoriety, Karma are all things I would talk about and things the game needs but if they can't fix those basic 4 items then there is no hope for this list....

• Like 1

classes, factions, professions....

Do you know the difference between "MMO" and "MMORPG"? 

I'm super happy about the possibility to learn all the skills. 

First because a single player can do all alone.

Second because in pvp if all get the same skills, it's all about your playerskill. This is was balancing is like on its best.

Sure weapons and armour can be different. But these things are rewards for defeat or explore content. So all can achieve.

I don't want another wow here or something similar. I like the big sandbox, tames and the open world.

Sure the claiming system is something they could change again. For pvp it's surely a pain. There would it be nice to give each player a small flag and together they can claim a big area. But for pve it's a great system now with the settlers and landlords. I like it.

Better and different ships <-- totally with you!

Edited by Forb Hidden