Sign in to follow this  
Tanchyon

Dev Team focus

So I know that most of the team has gone to grapeshot, and Wildcard has reorganized and rehired.  There's also some cross pollination going on, with each studio helping each other. 

So any idea who's working on Ark Genesis and who's still with Atlas?  Because I'd find it hard to believe the original Ark team wouldn't want to be working on the new Ark season pass. 

5 hours ago, Tanchyon said:

So I know that most of the team has gone to grapeshot, and Wildcard has reorganized and rehired.  There's also some cross pollination going on, with each studio helping each other. 

So any idea who's working on Ark Genesis and who's still with Atlas?  Because I'd find it hard to believe the original Ark team wouldn't want to be working on the new Ark season pass. 

wait, so aside from working on atlas xbox they are working on ark genesis??? wow, it seems that expecting this game to be a proper one will have to be delayed to....what?.. 2024?

Edited by The D Legacy

The Wildcard team (Ark) has expanded a lot compared to the initial team that started developing Ark. Grapeshot (Atlas) will also have to expand, they have a lot of island and creature creating developers but in the future might need more ship/vehicle, server architecture, ai, quest/story creating developers.
Initial sales where good they should have the money to bring the game to a release version that can surpass Ark but it might take a little longer than the actual planned release in 1.5 years. But just imagine a pirate world that gets as much stuff/content added during its lifetime as Ark did, that would be a really awesome goal.

Maybe in the new live stream they can point a bit farther into the future.
Because of the bad rating the game could use a 2.0 relaunch between now and the final release once there is significant more content and problems solved.

27 minutes ago, Linea said:

The Wildcard team (Ark) has expanded a lot compared to the initial team that started developing Ark. Grapeshot (Atlas) will also have to expand, they have a lot of island and creature creating developers but in the future might need more ship/vehicle, server architecture, ai, quest/story creating developers.
Initial sales where good they should have the money to bring the game to a release version that can surpass Ark but it might take a little longer than the actual planned release in 1.5 years. But just imagine a pirate world that gets as much stuff/content added during its lifetime as Ark did, that would be a really awesome goal.

Maybe in the new live stream they can point a bit farther into the future.
Because of the bad rating the game could use a 2.0 relaunch between now and the final release once there is significant more content and problems solved.

Atlas will never surpass ark. Not possible 

For me it already surpassed ark And also did alot Things better. By the Time i started ark, there was not one Single official Server where i could Build. The Maps where way too small And for me personally Abberation was the best add on because there were no flyers. I loved the quetzel but the you saw Nothing from the map as soon as you started flying. There wasn't And Economy on private Servers And breeding And taming with official rates was annoying as hell as solo player. In atlas i can do everything alone if i Want to or join others, there is alot of trading in atlas And Players Are able to make it feel like a real pirate Game.

21 hours ago, Realist said:

Atlas will never surpass ark. Not possible 

You say this as if Ark is a difficult game to surpass?!?

29 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

You say this as if Ark is a difficult game to surpass?!?

12 million copies is a hard game to surpass. Short of AAA titles it is very hard to reach those numbers.

look, I am not saying ark is awesome by any technical means, but they didn’t have the bad rep before and they were(I will admit) very damn good at hype. Like really damn good.

they have to go a different route this time because people(myself included) will call them out on the BS.

but yes, it would be nearly impossible for atlas to surpass ark. That is just how it is. The excitement isn’t there. What is there is the bad taste that was left in the mouths of plenty of people. 

To be honest, even if they turn it around and live past the launch devastation, they still have to worry about the “old” rep they had. I totally get they changed companies but people will find out the company is very similar(notice I didn’t say the same).

it won’t really matter what they do or how much they improve. Scars and scars and they can be seen by anyone

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

12 million copies is a hard game to surpass. Short of AAA titles it is very hard to reach those numbers.

look, I am not saying ark is awesome by any technical means, but they didn’t have the bad rep before and they were(I will admit) very damn good at hype. Like really damn good.

they have to go a different route this time because people(myself included) will call them out on the BS.

but yes, it would be nearly impossible for atlas to surpass ark. That is just how it is. The excitement isn’t there. What is there is the bad taste that was left in the mouths of plenty of people. 

To be honest, even if they turn it around and live past the launch devastation, they still have to worry about the “old” rep they had. I totally get they changed companies but people will find out the company is very similar(notice I didn’t say the same).

it won’t really matter what they do or how much they improve. Scars and scars and they can be seen by anyone

LoL  

Sales does not = a good game!

No Man's Sky sold tons of copies and in the end was not a good game!

And this is not a new thing

Sonic The Hedgehog was a horrid game but it sold stupid amounts of copy's!

Of the 26 friends on steam that own Ark 12 recommend against purchasing it....

21 hours ago, zottel said:

For me it already surpassed ark And also did alot Things better. By the Time i started ark, there was not one Single official Server where i could Build. The Maps where way too small And for me personally Abberation was the best add on because there were no flyers. I loved the quetzel but the you saw Nothing from the map as soon as you started flying. There wasn't And Economy on private Servers And breeding And taming with official rates was annoying as hell as solo player. In atlas i can do everything alone if i Want to or join others, there is alot of trading in atlas And Players Are able to make it feel like a real pirate Game.

Hey what’s up zottel?

yeah I didn’t mean in any other way other than sales. Because really if it wasn’t for the tremendous financial success of ark, atlas would have never been. 

Even if atlas was a success it would actually have to attribute 100% of that success to ark because ark is the only reason it was possible to begin with.

2 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

LoL  

Sales does not = a good game!

No Man's Sky sold tons of copies and in the end was not a good game!

And this is not a new thing

Sonic The Hedgehog was a horrid game but it sold stupid amounts of copy's!

Of the 26 friends on steam that own Ark 12 recommend against purchasing it....

That is the thing though man. Sales is everything. If it wasn’t for ark atlas never would have happened. So by its own right atlas owes any success to ark which in turn makes ark that much better.

atlas has drained a lot of arks success(money) just to be born, let alone be successful.

bottom line of it wasn’t for ark atlas wouldn’t be. Ark still continues to nurture atlas.

it got most of its traits from ark. In all reality the mother of a successful man should be getting a lot of the credit.

unfortunately right now the mother tried to help the son out but the son(atlas) just doesn’t have any ambition. The real question is do we blame the mother or the son?

Again I attribute Arks Success to the exact same thing as Atlas's success!

The large quantity of gamers in the MMORPG Genre wanting a good SANDBOX MMORPG,  With eve a 16 year old game being the most recent quality Sandbox MMORPG and Ultima Online at this point being over 22 years old...  

There is a huge cross section of gamers who will play anything Survival SANDBOX oriented trying to get some semblance of the Sandbox MMORPG game play.  But Rust and Ark are not a substitute if anything they are helping to destroy the Sandbox bye training the types of players that would play a sandbox MMORPG into the ways of being a Toxic Griefer.

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

That is the thing though man. Sales is everything. If it wasn’t for ark atlas never would have happened. So by its own right atlas owes any success to ark which in turn makes ark that much better.

atlas has drained a lot of arks success(money) just to be born, let alone be successful.

bottom line of it wasn’t for ark atlas wouldn’t be. Ark still continues to nurture atlas.

it got most of its traits from ark. In all reality the mother of a successful man should be getting a lot of the credit.

unfortunately right now the mother tried to help the son out but the son(atlas) just doesn’t have any ambition. The real question is do we blame the mother or the son?

The Only place High Sales = Success is in the boardroom!!!

As a gamer you should never think this way because it means more poor quality crap for you down the road, it's like telling these terrible developers to keep making bad games!  You don't reward developers of bad games!  And you certainly don't call them a success....

47 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

Again I attribute Arks Success to the exact same thing as Atlas's success!

The large quantity of gamers in the MMORPG Genre wanting a good SANDBOX MMORPG,  With eve a 16 year old game being the most recent quality Sandbox MMORPG and Ultima Online at this point being over 22 years old...  

There is a huge cross section of gamers who will play anything Survival SANDBOX oriented trying to get some semblance of the Sandbox MMORPG game play.  But Rust and Ark are not a substitute if anything they are helping to destroy the Sandbox bye training the types of players that would play a sandbox MMORPG into the ways of being a Toxic Griefer.

The Only place High Sales = Success is in the boardroom!!!

As a gamer you should never think this way because it means more poor quality crap for you down the road, it's like telling these terrible developers to keep making bad games!  You don't reward developers of bad games!  And you certainly don't call them a success....

Well in all fairness I thought ark was awesome. I think atlas is 💩 even without playing it. Don’t worry, I don’t base a game I would play on numbers. 

I have stated before I am getting atlas because my buddies are. 

I am still the type of person that always looks at sales though. 

You know how people say to not look at negative reviews? I don’t look at positive ones either. I look for anything that is the majority, positive or negative. I would never trust a player to give me advice on buying a game. Never. The reason for that is because I have no clue if that player is into what I am into.

ark actually stopped me from buying games that o later on rented and said “thank god I didn’t buy it”. 

Who knows, maybe I am bias even though I don’t think I am. I have a big problem with the development company and all but with “ark itself” it is completely awesome. Another perfect idea ruined in my opinion.

the main problem with atlas is that is doesn’t have the appeal but it has the same bad implementation. It’s a recipe for disaster.

VERY IMPORTANT. Don’t get me wrong, I will play the hell out of atlas no matter how bad it is. I am not a white knight either(you should know that by now). I am just a grinder man, I’ll put 1000 hours into anything I can grind and build in.

me in game and me on social media is a different story. I could be playing the game happy as hell, but the minute I am talking to the devs it will be a COMPLETELY different story. I will always let them know where they failed no matter what. 

I could have an awesome day in game and be happy as usual but every little thing I see they are going to hear about it later on.