Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Schuey

Need Help pls

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I was sailing, got board and made a company then decided i would look at it more when i got back to base so i left the company now all my beds, ships and claim are under the company and i cant access any of it.... is their a fix for this?? 

Edited by Schuey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It beats me why people never seem to read posts by other people who have messed around with making a company and then left one they made.  It must be like people in zombie films who have apparently never ever watched a zombie film.  😄

If on Official, contact Support, sacrifice 5 chickens, pray to Cthulhu and hope that they will even read your ticket.  If on Unofficial, try messaging an Admin.  If on single-player look up Admin Commands and reclaim your stuff that way.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanx for the reply mate, i can't find any info on it.. live and learn i guess, and i sent off a ticket but i dont have my hopes up.... rip i guess.. stupid that the owner doesn't keep their rights to their base/ships or even beds after they leave a company they created lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the company owner where you will join in don't changed the company settings, u will loose all to that company while leaving. 

Only an admin could help you now, but they will not. It's not a bug. It's your fault not asking that before joining. But you don't know about this setting options until you are in the situation where you are now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Schuey said:

Thanx for the reply mate, i can't find any info on it.. live and learn i guess, and i sent off a ticket but i dont have my hopes up.... rip i guess.. stupid that the owner doesn't keep their rights to their base/ships or even beds after they leave a company they created lol

I do sympathise and I think that a pop-up should warn people when they leave a company - even their own - because this has happened to people time and time again in Ark as well as Atlas.  It would be so easy for the devs to do this, but they have never bothered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Think of it like this.  It's so much like reality.  When you created the company you went to the bank and got a loan to start it. All of your shit was collateral. When you left the company, the bank repossessed. They just dispensed with all that bothersome legal paperwork.

Here's the good news. Now that you know the secret, you can become rich (providing you're very likable.)  Just start a new company, get people to join and then, boot them in the ass.  Voila'  you now own all their shit!

Edited by Jean Lafitte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Schuey said:

Thanx for the reply mate, i can't find any info on it.. live and learn i guess, and i sent off a ticket but i dont have my hopes up.... rip i guess.. stupid that the owner doesn't keep their rights to their base/ships or even beds after they leave a company they created lol

Without going into lengthy and boring detail, this is done for good reasons related to preventing both griefing and exploiting. But it still sucks you're stuck in the situation because many already have been stuck in the exact same situation. I agree with Coggage that there should be a very prominent pop up warning you of the consequences when you go to leave a company, because the way it works isn't intuitive and has potentially massive consequences.

17 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Think of it like this.  It's so much like reality.  When you created the company you went to the bank and got a loan to start it. All of your shit was collateral. When you left the company, the bank repossessed. They just dispensed with all that bothersome legal paperwork.

Here's the good news. Now that you know the secret, you can become rich (providing you're very likable.)  Just start a new company, get people to join and then, boot them in the ass.  Voila'  you now own all their shit!

Wb Jean. Still salty as ever I see. 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 7:31 AM, boomervoncannon said:

Wb Jean. Still salty as ever I see. 😛

Would you have me any other way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Would you have me any other way?

Deep fried?

 

”Television: a medium because anything well done is rare.” Ernie Kovacs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 1:49 AM, Coggage said:

It beats me why people never seem to read posts by other people who have messed around with making a company and then left one they made.  It must be like people in zombie films who have apparently never ever watched a zombie film.  😄

If on Official, contact Support, sacrifice 5 chickens, pray to Cthulhu and hope that they will even read your ticket.  If on Unofficial, try messaging an Admin.  If on single-player look up Admin Commands and reclaim your stuff that way.

Hmmm

I find it hard to understand how people in a forum don't understand that most people play a game, and rarely go to or read its forum unless they have an issue or dislike the game and want to complain about it.

 

As for the OP the system is very Obtuse and poorly designed the developers wanted to make this a large scale cooperative pvp game but did not understand that they would end up creating a paradise for griefers and you can't just create a no rules anything goes PvP style game, it doesn't work in this setting you need rules and structure to keep it from falling into the cesspit of depravity that griefers will pull a game like this into! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×