Sign in to follow this  
Narrowascent

taxes Claim Flags vs Bank vs Taxes

Hello,

I am rather new to Atlas and so forgive the question as it may seem obvious to a lot of you veterans.   We just started out some friends and I and we are trying to figure out how taxation works.   We have claimed an island and so are able to set the taxation rate on the flag itself.  However not sure exactly how it works.  I tried  to look around for answers but have a hard time finding out how it functions and am getting confused between it and the bank that people talk about which I assume is another structure. So figured I would just break down and ask.  Here are some questions:

• Basically what is the difference between the flag taxation rate and this bank I keep reading about.   Do you have to have the bank for the setting on the flag to work or is there a difference between the Taxation Bank and the Taxation rate you can set on the flag.  
  • How does the flag taxation work.  Does it pull gold from people settled on your island you have claimed or just a percent of their resources?  I assume it stores it in the flag?
  • Building and I think we have this figured out but wanted to get it confirmed.   If we set building to just company then others cannot build unless they are added to an exception list correct which if I understand this correctly you can either ad a company or an individual to this exception list?    
  • Do your company members get taxed as well or do you have to add them to the exception list or is there even an exception list for taxation
  • And one question.   If you have the flag can someone destroy this flag or is your claim safe till you stop paying for it. 

Also we are on a PVP server (Thanks @BOOMERVONCANNON)

Thanks in advance for any help.   So far really enjoying a lot of aspects of the game.   

Edited by Narrowascent

38 minutes ago, Narrowascent said:

Hello,

I am rather new to Atlas and so forgive the question as it may seem obvious to a lot of you veterans.   We just started out some friends and I and we are trying to figure out how taxation works.   We have claimed an island and so are able to set the taxation rate on the flag itself.  However not sure exactly how it works.  I tried  to look around for answers but have a hard time finding out how it functions and am getting confused between it and the bank that people talk about which I assume is another structure. So figured I would just break down and ask.  Here are some questions:

• Basically what is the difference between the flag taxation rate and this bank I keep reading about.   Do you have to have the bank for the setting on the flag to work or is there a difference between the Taxation Bank and the Taxation rate you can set on the flag.  
  • How does the flag taxation work.  Does it pull gold from people settled on your island you have claimed or just a percent of their resources?  I assume it stores it in the flag?
  • Building and I think we have this figured out but wanted to get it confirmed.   If we set building to just company then others cannot build unless they are added to an exception list correct which if I understand this correctly you can either ad a company or an individual to this exception list?    
  • Do your company members get taxed as well or do you have to add them to the exception list or is there even an exception list for taxation
  • And one question.   If you have the flag can someone destroy this flag or is your claim safe till you stop paying for it. 

Thanks in advance for any help.   So far really enjoying a lot of aspects of the game.   

One thing that will impact the answers people give that they need to know first, are you on pve or pvp?

Also welcome to the game.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 1

Not sure if this is the right place to comment but does anybody know how you build a resource silo on your own unofficial server blackwood its telling me I need to claim settlement 

Thanks Boomvocannon we are on a PVP server.  Edited original post. Also Thanks for the welcome

Pirate fish you should probably make your own post not post in someone elses question asking about something completely different.   It will also allow more visibility and probably get your question answered faster

49 minutes ago, Narrowascent said:

Thanks Boomvocannon we are on a PVP server.  Edited original post. Also Thanks for the welcome

Pirate fish you should probably make your own post not post in someone elses question asking about something completely different.   It will also allow more visibility and probably get your question answered faster

Okay so I play mostly pve and don’t own an island so I don’t want to answer everything cause I might tell you something wrong but...

the tax bank once you put one up will take a portion of all resources harvested on the island by those outside your company and place it into the bank for your use. It will also tax gold from treasure maps done on your island at the same rate. The flag is a structure into which you put gold to pay both the island’s upkeep and any npc’s you have manning defenses. You can also put berries into it to feed them as well. Both make obvious targets for raiders.

We owned several islands, so let me explain:

After put down a flag, u can set the taxation rate there and it starts to collect resources and gold from all the people who are not in your company or on your whitelist and farming some stuff on your island.

When does it collect?

After set the tax rate up to 20% u have to wait. If someone collects 100 wood, u gain 20% of that. The other player still get his 100 wood and get no negative issues. It's more a bonus for you.

With the gold from treasuremaps it's a little different: there it splits up, 80% for the maphunter and 20% for you.

You can't store things in the flag, only pull out if something is in.

The Bank once was the structure you needed to set taxes. After a change its the flag now. But the bank is not useless: if you put one down, you can access to the flag-inventory from there. A cool thing, if u and your mates build up on different spots on the island.

After set the options like only your company can build there, it's surely just your company (and these guys on the whitelist).

Of course on a PvP server it's possible to claim your flag and steal all your stuff.