Sign in to follow this  
Realist

I do believe a wipe is incoming

2 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

call me crazy but i dont recall people being able to drink water from the sea.. and yes there was a water sign but if you are out in the wild leveling up coming back for water was less efficient than dying, respawning and running back to your body, but well those are funny newby stories now

Thats one way I differ from some people, I've always seen dieing as failing and will try my utmost to not let it happen, hell more than half of my company mates will just starve, dehydrate, or die of vitamin loss rather than take the mostly easy steps to avoid it, leaving me and others waiting on them to respawn, run back and collect and put on thier kit from their bodies. One of the reasons I think a death debuff would be a good thing, not something i'll push for as most people don't see surviving in a survival game to be an important factor.

7 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

Thats one way I differ from some people, I've always seen dieing as failing and will try my utmost to not let it happen, hell more than half of my company mates will just starve, dehydrate, or die of vitamin loss rather than take the mostly easy steps to avoid it, leaving me and others waiting on them to respawn, run back and collect and put on thier kit from their bodies. One of the reasons I think a death debuff would be a good thing, not something i'll push for as most people don't see surviving in a survival game to be an important factor.

while i do partially agree an your point jat himself said this one time: "If players actively look for ways to avoid a feature it probably means that feature needs more work from our side" (not literal words ofc i dont have that good memory but that was the gist of it) and he is correct, in my personal opinion the vitamin system doesnt add any value to the game while at the same time it bothers player's activities (more than once i have had vitamin deficiency while taming a creature alone, hence losing all my taimng progress when dying from it).

Edited by The D Legacy

11 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

while i do partially agree an your point jat himself said this one time: "If players actively look for ways to avoid a feature it probably means that feature needs more work from our side" (not literal words ofc i dont have that good memory but that was the gist of it) and he is correct, in my personal opinion the vitamin system doesnt add any value to the game while at the same time it bothers player's activities (more than once i have had vitamin deficiency while taming a creature alone, hence losing all my taimng progress when dying from it).

Sorry, that made me laugh.

I've had the same, but I just eat a pork pie and fish and chips, both always on my hotbar 8 & 9 and I complete the taming.

Differing points of view: I don't want those Inconveniences, I see it the same as always carrying ammo, and repairing kit to avoid breakages, so i do some prep work first.

1 minute ago, Jack Shandy said:

Sorry, that made me laugh.

I've had the same, but I just eat a pork pie and fish and chips, both always on my hotbar 8 & 9 and I complete the taming.

Differing points of view: I don't want those Inconveniences, I see it the same as always carrying ammo, and repairing kit to avoid breakages, so i do some prep work first.

well after all i came to the game for the sailing, wich turned out to be not very fun to be honest, the survival aspect of the game was "ok-ish"/bearable with just the hunger/thirst meters but yeah fans of survivals might be having more fun that i do i give you that.

If he does the cleaning, unfortunately for me and my members it is the end of ATLAS. We will not play again, I believe this will only make players move away from the game.

We all know that the release will be erased, but the period is occurring these Wipe is very short and not worth investing time if it occurs so often.

I commented here long ago about rumors, if it happens then it was not just rumors, but there were already people knowing that it would happen.

9 hours ago, Realist said:

Lmao. Console players should just deal because you want to keep your stuff. Of course you are complaining about offline raiding. You want to keep your stuff. Loving it right now.

anything everybody else should do so you can keep your stuff? 😂

Edit: brow a month after release they had already lost a 3rd of their playerbase 👍

Where did I actually complain?  I said that I didn't get this game on launch.  Did it stop me or others getting the game due to missing out on launch?  No. And yes your edit says "a month after release they lost a 3rd of the player base".  Exactly.  Hence stuff was already built on islands all over when I purchased the game.  I didn't need the game to be wiped for me to decide to buy it.  Others in my clan also bought it the same time as me.

According to you, console players will not get the game due solely on the fact that PC players have already got stuff set up.  I pointed out the offline raiding thing not as complaining but rather what will get more people to join or buy the game in the future if they addressed that.  Wiping the server or not will make no difference whatsoever to people buying the game or not. 

Also by your reasoning the only way the game will ever make sales is if the server is wiped upon release on console.  Taking this statement further that will mean once a few weeks pass and the game is no longer in wiped phase, no new people will ever be interested in buying the game again.  So in the future when sales dip, lets just wipe the servers so as to sell some more copies of the game again.    Realist, keep drinking your own bathwater.  🛀

2 minutes ago, EatEmAlive said:

Where did I actually complain?  I said that I didn't get this game on launch.  Did it stop me or others getting the game due to missing out on launch?  No. And yes your edit says "a month after release they lost a 3rd of the player base".  Exactly.  Hence stuff was already built on islands all over when I purchased the game.  I didn't need the game to be wiped for me to decide to buy it.  Others in my clan also bought it the same time as me.

According to you, console players will not get the game due solely on the fact that PC players have already got stuff set up.  I pointed out the offline raiding thing not as complaining but rather what will get more people to join or buy the game in the future if they addressed that.  Wiping the server or not will make no difference whatsoever to people buying the game or not. 

Also by your reasoning the only way the game will ever make sales is if the server is wiped upon release on console.  Taking this statement further that will mean once a few weeks pass and the game is no longer in wiped phase, no new people will ever be interested in buying the game again.  So in the future when sales dip, lets just wipe the servers so as to sell some more copies of the game again.    Realist, keep drinking your own bathwater.  🛀

By my reasoning and the steam charts the only time there has ever been an increase in players was when the wipe happened.

that isn’t the point though. Xbox release should be fresh just like the pc release was. I never said anything about new players buying later on. Even in your case, you bought it a month after release, the thing is that was your choice.

console players did not get that choice and the is the big difference. If Xbox and pc released at the same time and either one “decided” to buy it later then that is on them. The choice wasn’t there for us.

the best part about this game and/or ark was the initial rush of the race to the top. If that isn’t there it will become boring. Why do you think that anytime ark released new servers they were constantly and immediately filled to capacity? For that initial rush that everyone wants and there is plenty of proof for that.

i am buying the game at its release and I want to have the same initial rush because to me this is a release of a “new” game.

so yes, there definitely needs to be a wipe.

8 minutes ago, Realist said:

By my reasoning and the steam charts the only time there has ever been an increase in players was when the wipe happened.

that isn’t the point though. Xbox release should be fresh just like the pc release was. I never said anything about new players buying later on. Even in your case, you bought it a month after release, the thing is that was your choice.

console players did not get that choice and the is the big difference. If Xbox and pc released at the same time and either one “decided” to buy it later then that is on them. The choice wasn’t there for us.

the best part about this game and/or ark was the initial rush of the race to the top. If that isn’t there it will become boring. Why do you think that anytime ark released new servers they were constantly and immediately filled to capacity? For that initial rush that everyone wants and there is plenty of proof for that.

i am buying the game at its release and I want to have the same initial rush because to me this is a release of a “new” game.

so yes, there definitely needs to be a wipe.

Everyone has different reasons they like playing or want to play the game.  You may think its most exciting starting on a fresh world.  Others don't care about this and may enjoy visiting places that are already established and either making friends or enemies there.  For others a more stable game that isn't being wiped or has the fear of being wiped regularly is what is important.  People may be put off buying a game that has the reputation to be wiped regularly.

To be honest, I don't mind the whole map being wiped so much.  However the character related stuff should stay in tact (ie discovery points).

So did you end up buying and playing Atlas on PC or you've just been hanging out for the Xbox edition?  If you like using a controller more than mouse & keyboard, it is very easy to connect an xbox controller to the PC and play the game with that.  Surely that is pretty much the same experience.

29 minutes ago, EatEmAlive said:

Everyone has different reasons they like playing or want to play the game.  You may think its most exciting starting on a fresh world.  Others don't care about this and may enjoy visiting places that are already established and either making friends or enemies there.  For others a more stable game that isn't being wiped or has the fear of being wiped regularly is what is important.  People may be put off buying a game that has the reputation to be wiped regularly.

To be honest, I don't mind the whole map being wiped so much.  However the character related stuff should stay in tact (ie discovery points).

So did you end up buying and playing Atlas on PC or you've just been hanging out for the Xbox edition?  If you like using a controller more than mouse & keyboard, it is very easy to connect an xbox controller to the PC and play the game with that.  Surely that is pretty much the same experience.

I totally get that other people have other preferences and they also express what the want. I am merely doing what they are doing. I have my preferences and I will try my hardest to get what I prefer.

though I can’t speak for everyone I can speak for the people I know and the people I have heard from on the internet that they want the “new” game, not the “used” version.

once again, I don’t necessarily want you to be wiped. If the game is crossplay, then I do want you to be wiped. Once again, I am buying a “new” game so I want it fresh.

like I tell everyone else, if they don’t want the wipe they can join against crossplay.

On 8/13/2019 at 7:00 AM, Realist said:

That is not a fact at all. It is far from the truth actually. I have stayed diligent with the way I envision this game. You might not like my opinion or my vision but I assure you I am serious about it.

man that words gets overly used nowadays. It is used for almost anything really.

Actually it is very fact. I never said anything about you not sticking to your opinion did I? I said you are a hypocritical troll. What is sad is you don't see it but it is okay not mad just pointing it out

Edited by crazywildfire

7 hours ago, crazywildfire said:

Actually it is very fact. I never said anything about you not sticking to your opinion did I? I said you are a hypocritical troll. What is sad is you don't see it but it is okay not mad just pointing it out

Lol!! This is a great moment in internet history and also at the same time a sad and insignificant moment. I mean, what that joke character replied to, and with, and your reply.... brilliant <3

On 8/14/2019 at 12:58 AM, Realist said:

I totally get that other people have other preferences and they also express what the want. I am merely doing what they are doing. I have my preferences and I will try my hardest to get what I prefer.

though I can’t speak for everyone I can speak for the people I know and the people I have heard from on the internet that they want the “new” game, not the “used” version.

once again, I don’t necessarily want you to be wiped. If the game is crossplay, then I do want you to be wiped. Once again, I am buying a “new” game so I want it fresh.

like I tell everyone else, if they don’t want the wipe they can join against crossplay.

You do realise the game you are buying is currently being funded by us pleb PC players you want to wipe, just so you can have a "fresh" experience. Do you not have any money to buy a gaming PC? Why do you not join the rest of us sane people and actually play the game, so you can give opinions on something you have knowledge on, instead of worthless spam?

Honestly, you post too much crap that I can't be bothered to correct it all. But the above may do for now...

P.S. i think you would be able to contribute worthwhile content to the forums if you actually played the game, and i wish you were my farming slave❤️

P.P.S. how do you not understand that you are the equivalent of a wannabe PVE island owner (you don't even own the game, let alone own the island..) wanting to raze previous peoples efforts in a game that were made to have fun? some people may want to join in on the fun, instead of ruining others, those people may be not against crossplay but also not against a wipe?

P.P.P.S. at this point, let me remind you that said you were always against the purge (raze) button feature...

Edited by eeeceee

18 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

You do realise the game you are buying is currently being funded by us pleb PC players you want to wipe, just so you can have a "fresh" experience. Do you not have any money to buy a gaming PC? Why do you not join the rest of us sane people and actually play the game, so you can give opinions on something you have knowledge on, instead of worthless spam?

Honestly, you post too much crap that I can't be bothered to correct it all. But the above may do for now...

P.S. i think you would be able to contribute worthwhile content to the forums if you actually played the game, and i wish you were my farming slave❤️

P.P.S. how do you not understand that you are the equivalent of a wannabe PVE island owner (you don't even own the game, let alone own the island..) wanting to raze previous peoples efforts in a game that were made to have fun? some people may want to join in on the fun, instead of ruining others, those people may be not against crossplay but also not against a wipe?

P.P.P.S. at this point, let me remind you that said you were always against the purge (raze) button feature...

I really just don’t understand you at this point. And no, ark funded the game not you. It was being worked on and funded long before you bought the game.

7 hours ago, Realist said:

I really just don’t understand you at this point. And no, ark funded the game not you. It was being worked on and funded long before you bought the game.

That is because youre a joke character.

Ark funded atlas? So, when i purchased Atlas, what did I fund? The next ARK DLC?

Try this - just ignore that part about the game funding. Now what will you reply?

You just don't understand? Why? Where's all your bs nonsense spam to explain why?

16 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

Try this - just ignore that part about the game funding. Now what will you reply?

First my reply would be that it is bad form to say anyone’s opinion is worthless regardless of the reason.

my second reply would be wishing someone was your slave is also very bad form.

my third and final reply would be that you got to have a fresh experience, why is it so bad that that I want that too? Why is it my fault that the devs took so long to release on console? And why are you so adamant on making my fun experience less than yours? 

There you go, I ignored the funding part like you asked me to. I may not have played the game but o have followed the company for a lot longer than you have. That is an area where people probably shouldn’t argue with me.

Edited by Realist

12 minutes ago, Realist said:

First my reply would be that it is bad form to say anyone’s opinion is worthless regardless of the reason.

my second reply would be wishing someone was your slave is also very bad form.

my third and final reply would be that you got to have a fresh experience, why is it so bad that that I want that too? Why is it my fault that the devs took so long to release on console? And why are you so adamant on making my fun experience less than yours? 

There you go, I ignored the funding part like you asked me to. I may not have played the game but o have followed the company for a lot longer than you have. That is an area where people probably shouldn’t argue with me.

Wow, well done, it appears you have posted something that on the surface appears to genuinely attempt to converse with other people, and discuss ideas in a rational, and comprehensive way. That wasn't so difficult now, was it? Why do you choose to not behave this way usually? Seems obvious what the answer to that... oh wait, your reply is just more bs.

I'm sorry, but your opinion is worthless because you have no knowledge to give said opinion. If I was a moderator on the forum I would be close to banning you. It is not my rule that if you are going to post on forums about video games (and other things/any thing really) without any knowledge, only hearsay and speculation, then you are not qualified to form a valid opinion, but I do agree with the rule.

It is bad form to say that it is bad form to say anyone's opinion is worthless regardless of the reason, without having a reason. Why pick and choose when reasons can be used? You want to use reasoning to determine that something is bad? What makes you capable of deciding what is bad or worthless?

In context, being told that you would be good as a 'mindless yet oh so loyal farmer' in a grinding simulator, should actually be considered a compliment. This is because you say that you are a grinder, i'm saying that you would be a great grinder so much so that I wish you were my slave (in context.)

It's bad because you only want the fresh experience for selfish reasons - same as a wannabe PVE island owner. Just personal preference. Why is it our fault that the devs took so long to make a game for PC? Why are you so adamant on making everyone else's, including those who want crossplay and do not want a wipe (what was it that i was saying about those guys again?) fun experience less (wiped actually) than yours?

Still not convinced that you understand what i'm saying when I remind you that you are against the raze button, which is the equivalent of the wipe. Convince us that you are not the equivalent of a prospective griefer island owner wanting to use the raze feature that is now removed from the game. You are talking out both sides of your mouth, also somewhere else maybe, again, as others have noted.

I doubt that you have followed the company a lot longer (lots? haha you would be so sad when you saw my total playtime etc) than i have, however that is not relevant.

P.S. is crossplay even technically possible?

Why would anyone want to play this on console anyway?  The only reason I can see for it is if they think their PC is not good enough to play it.  Not sure how the game will handle itself on the console anyway.

If people prefer to use a controller to play.  No problem.  Hook up an xbox controller to your PC and use that.  The game recognises the controller being hooked up to the PC and has settings for it, plus you still get to use a keyboard or mouse too.

I have an xbox too.  So what are the benefits of playing this over xbox instead of PC because I don't see it.

14 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

Wow, well done, it appears you have posted something that on the surface appears to genuinely attempt to converse with other people, and discuss ideas in a rational, and comprehensive way. That wasn't so difficult now, was it? Why do you choose to not behave this way usually? Seems obvious what the answer to that... oh wait, your reply is just more bs.

I'm sorry, but your opinion is worthless because you have no knowledge to give said opinion. If I was a moderator on the forum I would be close to banning you. It is not my rule that if you are going to post on forums about video games (and other things/any thing really) without any knowledge, only hearsay and speculation, then you are not qualified to form a valid opinion, but I do agree with the rule.

It is bad form to say that it is bad form to say anyone's opinion is worthless regardless of the reason, without having a reason. Why pick and choose when reasons can be used? You want to use reasoning to determine that something is bad? What makes you capable of deciding what is bad or worthless?

In context, being told that you would be good as a 'mindless yet oh so loyal farmer' in a grinding simulator, should actually be considered a compliment. This is because you say that you are a grinder, i'm saying that you would be a great grinder so much so that I wish you were my slave (in context.)

It's bad because you only want the fresh experience for selfish reasons - same as a wannabe PVE island owner. Just personal preference. Why is it our fault that the devs took so long to make a game for PC? Why are you so adamant on making everyone else's, including those who want crossplay and do not want a wipe (what was it that i was saying about those guys again?) fun experience less (wiped actually) than yours?

Still not convinced that you understand what i'm saying when I remind you that you are against the raze button, which is the equivalent of the wipe. Convince us that you are not the equivalent of a prospective griefer island owner wanting to use the raze feature that is now removed from the game. You are talking out both sides of your mouth, also somewhere else maybe, again, as others have noted.

I doubt that you have followed the company a lot longer (lots? haha you would be so sad when you saw my total playtime etc) than i have, however that is not relevant.

P.S. is crossplay even technically possible?

Wow! To all of that. 

But what I will reply to is yes, so far ark has done crossplay with windows 10(pc). There has only been two games that have had crossplay with steam which is killer instinct and rise of nations.

i am in favor of crossplay with windows 10. I am not in favor of crossplay with steam because that would require you guys to be wiped.

if they come out and say crossplay with windows, then sure let’s do this, and no more need to argue. You know this whole thing is the devs fault right? I hope you realize that. All they have to do is give one simple answer. That’s it. That simple.

10 minutes ago, EatEmAlive said:

Why would anyone want to play this on console anyway?  The only reason I can see for it is if they think their PC is not good enough to play it.  Not sure how the game will handle itself on the console anyway.

If people prefer to use a controller to play.  No problem.  Hook up an xbox controller to your PC and use that.  The game recognises the controller being hooked up to the PC and has settings for it, plus you still get to use a keyboard or mouse too.

I have an xbox too.  So what are the benefits of playing this over xbox instead of PC because I don't see it.

Nah man, out of the 12 million copies of ark sold about 3 million were on Xbox. There is a big reason why they are releasing it on Xbox lol. A very big reason $$$$$$$

13 minutes ago, EatEmAlive said:

There is no real benefit to us the gamer, unless you only game on Console which???  What gamer is going to limit themselves to a lackluster computer???

No the real benefit here is the Corporate overlord, it's all about making that money!!!  The game industry has been suffering for many years because of corporate greed dumbing down high quality games so they can run on the console....

• Like 1

There are currently 400 people playing on the EU pvp server 377 on EU pve and about 300 on both US servers combined.

The game is wiping itself mate the devs don't need to wipe it

On the EU pvp that works out at 1.7 people per grid ...online single player basically 🙂

Edited by Badkebab

6 minutes ago, Badkebab said:

There are currently 400 people playing on the EU pvp server 377 on EU pve and about 300 on both US servers combined.

The game is wiping itself mate the devs don't need to wipe it

On the EU pvp that works out at 1.7 people per grid ...online single player basically 🙂

last night at around 4am I checked player tracker and there 119 on us pvp 100 on us pve 84 on eu pvp and 86 on eu pve I was in shock lol, for a grand total of 400 on all combined.

Edited by lordkhan4444

8 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

last night at around 4am I checked player tracker and there 119 on us pvp 100 on us pve 84 on eu pvp and 86 on eu pve I was in shock lol, for a grand total of 400 on all combined.

I just released the awesome coincidence of you name and you post. Between all clusters there are 900 servers total.

when you said there were 400 people in total I wanted to do the math. Here is the awesome coincidence. Your name is lordkhan4444 and if you divide the 400 total players with the 900 total servers you get .4444 players per servers. 

I thought that was really cool.

not the part about there being less than 1/2 of 1 player per server but the name thing was really cool.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Realist said:

I just released the awesome coincidence of you name and you post. Between all clusters there are 900 servers total.

when you said there were 400 people in total I wanted to do the math. Here is the awesome coincidence. Your name is lordkhan4444 and if you divide the 400 total players with the 900 total servers you get .4444 players per servers. 

I thought that was really cool.

not the part about there being less than 1/2 of 1 player per server but the name thing was really cool.

are you rainman from that tom cruise movie? if I drop a box of toothpicks on the floor can you count 99 out of the 100 total in the box?

• Like 1