Sign in to follow this  
Realist

I do believe a wipe is incoming

With the new pirate encampments they will most certainly need a wipe. A wipe will also be needed if they do crossplay.

now they have delayed the pirate encampments for a reason. Both crossplay and encampments are both major changes to the game so if they did them separately they would need two wipes. So yes it makes perfect sense to delay pc updates as much as possible right now.

there is no reason to have two wipes(there will be one, guaranteed) because one is good enough. There still does need to be a wipe on official release(people don’t need an advantage) but one more for right now would be good. 

Thanks for hearing us out

35 minutes ago, lordkhan4444 said:

one can only hope. im in favor of monthly wipes until off release

Which it should be. At lthe very least once every 3 months but a month would be fine as well. 

It is EA after all. If people stay 100+ the whole two years that would be stupid. Especially with how fast people can level now. 

I think these people forgot they were testers and believe they are actually players at this point. I experienced this with ark as well. Once it came close to official release everyone claimed “I have been playing for this amount of time so you can’t wipe me” they ended up going with that unfortunately. It was pathetic on Jeremy’s part to say the least.

the fact that anyone uses the word player and thinks of themselves as a player during EA is disgusting. They are testers and that is all they will be until the game releases. I get so tired of these “EA players” the entitlement is just disturbing at this point.

i can’t wait till atlas turns into something completely different(or it fails). Either way they will be in for a rude awakening.

• Haha 1

" and potentially expanded onto the Official Networks in the future. "

Most certainly?

The fact that anyone that doesn't actually play the game and thinks of themselves as somehow having a valid opinion on said game, regardless of any EA status, is disgusting.

P.S. Everybody didn't complain by saying that they have played for an amount of time, they complained because they were told that there would be no wipe.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

" and potentially expanded onto the Official Networks in the future. "

Most certainly?

The fact that anyone that doesn't actually play the game and thinks of themselves as somehow having a valid opinion on said game, regardless of any EA status, is disgusting.

P.S. Everybody didn't complain by saying that they have played for an amount of time, they complained because they were told that there would be no wipe.

But yet there already was a wipe and there will be another one pretty soon. For a multitude of reasons. 👍

Edited by Realist

Whilst hard work would be lost, I think people wouldn't mind a wipe so much if they at least could keep the hard earnt Discovery Points they have got. I get the fact they might need to wipe the map clean but no need to wipe the characters DP's.

• Like 1

There are so few players left on any of the servers they may as well try a wipe. However I would only do it in conjunction with a pirate encampment roll out. Also lets hope they just launch with the 2 servers 1 PvE and 1 PvP this time. Only bring up extra when those are brimming with people.

23 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

Realist is just trolling and showing so much projection he ought to open a movie theater.  

but if he turns out to be right wouldnt that make you look pretty dumb?

3 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

but if he turns out to be right wouldnt that make you look pretty dumb?

If he turns out to be right that they wipe the servers for it, it would make Grapeshot look pretty dumb.

Just consider this - he's stated that the current players aren't players but testers and have no right to any consideration at all, while at the same time, stating that console players are very special and deserve the right to a completely clean server with no existing characters or claims on it.  I'm not sure how the same head can manage to hold both those thoughts at the same time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Winter Thorne said:

If he turns out to be right that they wipe the servers for it, it would make Grapeshot look pretty dumb. 

Just consider this - he's stated that the current players aren't players but testers and have no right to any consideration at all, while at the same time, stating that console players are very special and deserve the right to a completely clean server with no existing characters or claims on it.  I'm not sure how the same head can manage to hold both those thoughts at the same time.

well i havent read all his post, nor i intend to, but as of now if god descended upon me in ATLAS and dumped the biggest shit ever on my ship i wouldnt even be surprised, thats how high my expectations for ATLAS are right now,  actually the only reason i play it is because i am waiting for BDO oceanic content expansion coming this summer, so i wont judge.

Who the hell wants cross play with a bunch of snotty kids that have aim assist because they are on console.

OP is a perfect example.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, True Sonja said:

BDO Oceanic Region or Ocean Content?

BDO has had ocean content from like 2 years ago, but it was rather empty and dull since they focused primarily in land content but now they are reworking its oceanic content and expanding it, they call it "the great sea" expansion

this is some of the leaked info we got:

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/new-ships-credit-to-u-deniros.459698/

Edited by The D Legacy

Wiping the game certainly will not bring me back. The game is simply too time consuming for the average player to remain competitive in pvp.

Sure once you have tames you can bang out a galleon in 2-3 hours not counting the hour or so to sail to the freeport and back but then you go to sleep and your npc defences are in capable of stopping someone from sinking it. So you start over the next time you log in it doesn't take long to decide to play something else.

Logging in after work and everything you achieved the day before has been reset. There is no reason to carry on doing that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Badkebab said:

Wiping the game certainly will not bring me back. The game is simply too time consuming for the average player to remain competitive in pvp.

Sure once you have tames you can bang out a galleon in 2-3 hours not counting the hour or so to sail to the freeport and back but then you go to sleep and your npc defences are in capable of stopping someone from sinking it. So you start over the next time you log in it doesn't take long to decide to play something else.

Logging in after work and everything you achieved the day before has been reset. There is no reason to carry on doing that

Exactly, just think how console players would feel if there wasn’t a wipe, with no experience. That would be your experience but 10x worse 

Console players can go play single player if it is such an issue that there are already established players out there.  Personally I wouldn't mind being a console player and coming into Atlas as it currently is.  I've never played Rust for example, but I wouldn't care that people are established on that game already.  I joined Atlas a month after game release when the game was probably at its highest player count.  I certainly didn't care that stuff was already established.  I didn't need to be amongst the very first to play it. Having people already established on it was part of the fun.  The Atlas map is fricken huge.  It is easy to find something to do and somewhere to build. 

Offline raiding and griefing however is what turns people away from the game or will stop new people buying it.  Simple things such as a way to store a ship or a few tames safely would make a huge difference.  Or just make a way that you could blueprint your ship so that once it gets sunk, you would be allowed to rebuild that exact ship again as long as you have the exact (or even more) amount of resources.  Stuff like that would be things that bring and keep people into the game.  I don't see having an already established player base in the game as being a real deterrent at all.

Edited by EatEmAlive
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, EatEmAlive said:

Console players can go play single player if it is such an issue that there are already established players out there.  Personally I wouldn't mind being a console player and coming into Atlas as it currently is.  I've never played Rust for example, but I wouldn't care that people are established on that game already.  I joined Atlas a month after game release when the game was probably at its highest player count.  I certainly didn't care that stuff was already established.  I didn't need to be amongst the very first to play it. Having people already established on it was part of the fun.  The Atlas map is fricken huge.  It is easy to find something to do and somewhere to build. 

Offline raiding and griefing however is what turns people away from the game or will stop new people buying it.  Simple things such as a way to store a ship or a few tames safely would make a huge difference.  Or just make a way that you could blueprint your ship so that once it gets sunk, you would be allowed to rebuild that exact ship again as long as you have the exact (or even more) amount of resources.  Stuff like that would be things that bring and keep people into the game.  I don't see having an already established player base in the game as being a real deterrent at all.

Lmao. Console players should just deal because you want to keep your stuff. Of course you are complaining about offline raiding. You want to keep your stuff. Loving it right now.

anything everybody else should do so you can keep your stuff? 😂

Edit: brow a month after release they had already lost a 3rd of their playerbase 👍

Edited by Realist

10 minutes ago, EatEmAlive said:

Oh man, you thought people were as established as they are right now in the first month. I just realized what you said. Smh.

you realize people weren’t even getting off the Freeport for a week right? 

Ah I get it now. You are the hardcore guy that came in during the beginning of 2x on ark. Yeah sounds familiar lol.

3 hours ago, Realist said:

Oh man, you thought people were as established as they are right now in the first month. I just realized what you said. Smh.

you realize people weren’t even getting off the Freeport for a week right? 

Ah I get it now. You are the hardcore guy that came in during the beginning of 2x on ark. Yeah sounds familiar lol.

speaking from experience: -  Within 3 hours of launch we had 4 rafts headed out in different directions to find a good island, plenty of other rafts on the seas at that time too.

once out of the freeport lag and rubberbanding was greatly reduced, one of us found a good spot on a mostly empty island and we had a stone base and tames before the end of the day. (there was 5 of us)

back then we all took different skill paths and covered all that was required, the only difference now is that we have more levels and can cover most skills individualy.

Please note: we play PVE so a PVP experience may differ.

1 hour ago, Jack Shandy said:

speaking from experience: -  Within 3 hours of launch we had 4 rafts headed out in different directions to find a good island, plenty of other rafts on the seas at that time too.

once out of the freeport lag and rubberbanding was greatly reduced, one of us found a good spot on a mostly empty island and we had a stone base and tames before the end of the day. (there was 5 of us)

back then we all took different skill paths and covered all that was required, the only difference now is that we have more levels and can cover most skills individualy.

Don't mind him. He has made it very clear he doesn't care about PC players and has said how he feels about them/us. But yet he is here trying to have debates with PC players that is playing a game that isn't even out on console yet that he doesn't know much about besides reading and seeing a few videos on. He is such a hypocritical troll if there has ever been one. That is 100%fact not a opinion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

well thats your gameplay experience mate, i as someone who never played ark before kept dying and dying of thirst simply because the game didnt bother explaining how to fucking get water until i found a small lake in the other side of the island. yet but thats not rly as important for me as the current problems of the game.

2 hours ago, crazywildfire said:

Don't mind him. He has made it very clear he doesn't care about PC players and has said how he feels about them/us. But yet he is here trying to have debates with PC players that is playing a game that isn't even out on console yet that he doesn't know much about besides reading and seeing a few videos on. He is such a hypocritical troll if there has ever been one. That is 100%fact not a opinion.

That is not a fact at all. It is far from the truth actually. I have stayed diligent with the way I envision this game. You might not like my opinion or my vision but I assure you I am serious about it.

man that words gets overly used nowadays. It is used for almost anything really.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

well thats your gameplay experience mate, i as someone who never played ark before kept dying and dying of thirst simply because the game didnt bother explaining how to fucking get water until i found a small lake in the other side of the island. yet but thats not rly as important for me as the current problems of the game.

having a bit of Ark experience did admitedly help, getting water, however, was not on of them, as in Ark you spawn on a beach (mostly) and you can drink the sea water. I can't remember if it was in the new player help text or an accident that we discovered you could dig for water with your hands. We had however seen the big 'water' sign in the freeport pointing to the available water there.

3 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

having a bit of Ark experience did admitedly help, getting water, however, was not on of them, as in Ark you spawn on a beach (mostly) and you can drink the sea water. I can't remember if it was in the new player help text or an accident that we discovered you could dig for water with your hands. We had however seen the big 'water' sign in the freeport pointing to the available water there.

call me crazy but i dont recall people being able to drink water from the sea.. and yes there was a water sign but if you are out in the wild leveling up coming back for water was less efficient than dying, respawning and running back to your body, but well those are funny newby stories now