Realist

Atlas and steam charts

2 hours ago, Realist said:

Damn. Only 38 players on Eu pve and this is still a few hours off from the low point of the day.

defintely seeing the impact right now. These guys are going to rush Xbox to the point of it not being close to being ready. 

I mean we are talking 700 people and it will still go down by the end of tonight 

edit: only 48 on Eu pvp

edit2: only 34 servers out of 225 had anyone at all on pvp.

You are looking at player numbers at 5am in the morning. Why?

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Realist said:

I just want to point out this guy hit the nail on the head. Especially with the claim system. It is a very failed attempt. Get rid of it.

he had other good points as well but my main thing is the claim system. Get rid of it

you never set a flag, so how do you know if it's a good or bad system?

The system as it is now is pretty fine. As a landlord or as a settler you get nothing negative to deal with. 

The claiming system in the beginning was a mess. It was a huge invite to grief others. It was terrible.

6 hours ago, Pant said:

I am pacific standard time so it was 8 o’clock at night.

5 hours ago, Forb Hidden said:

you never set a flag, so how do you know if it's a good or bad system?

The system as it is now is pretty fine. As a landlord or as a settler you get nothing negative to deal with. 

The claiming system in the beginning was a mess. It was a huge invite to grief others. It was terrible.

Yes I know you are one of the few people that insists on saying it is fine. I don’t need to set a flag to know I don’t want to pay upkeep. Nothing will change my mindset on that. Upkeep is crap and yes I don’t need to set a flag to be reassured of that

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yes I know you are one of the few people that insists on saying it is fine. I don’t need to set a flag to know I don’t want to pay upkeep. Nothing will change my mindset on that. Upkeep is crap and yes I don’t need to set a flag to be reassured of that

No one force you to claim anything. If you want to be a landlord with the tax benefits, then yeah. If not, you can easily find an island with more than enough space for your Disney castle.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Realist said:

Island upkeep just one of the upkeeps you will have to maintain.

Tames need food.

Crew need food.

Crew need paying.

Island needs paying. (the only optional upkeep)

Claim system is fine as far as I am concerned.  Tweaks to PvP timers and war decs could be adjusted, but how an island is claimed and the quality of life improvements are very welcome.  I think a few more are needed, but its moving the right way.

1 hour ago, DocHolliday said:

Claim system is fine as far as I am concerned.  Tweaks to PvP timers and war decs could be adjusted, but how an island is claimed and the quality of life improvements are very welcome.  I think a few more are needed, but its moving the right way.

I sure hope so because it doesn’t seem as though it is moving where it should. They have no real vision as far as pve and pvp go so they are pretty much shorting themselves in the foot when it comes to that. Until they actually develop the skill to differentiate between pve and pvp they will single handedly make bad decisions from here on out.

i know these guys aren’t the sharpest tool in the box but they need to start realizing that they have to put out the extra money to make pvp and pve different. Especially since it is very close to 50/50.  Hell of it was 80/20 then who cares. Nobody cares about 20% of the population. 

Once you hit 50/50 or 60/40 you need to start worrying about it. They don’t but who knows, maybe at some point they will.

Wow, a genuine, well constructed, well thought out post with sincere passion and criticism offering fantastic ideas the forums could actually learn something from. 

Forums: ignored.

On 9/10/2019 at 8:03 AM, Pant said:

Here you go then, peak time EU right now and....7 players on Pvp LMAO

What you are doing here on these forums is akin to panicking  the stock exchange, the more you quote low numbers the more people quit or are less likely to buy. Other game forums remove posts that are detrimental to their games and for good reason. None of these types of topics are helping the game at all. And I've also found steam stats to be less than accurate.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

What you are doing here on these forums is akin to panicking  the stock exchange, the more you quote low numbers the more people quit or are less likely to buy. Other game forums remove posts that are detrimental to their games and for good reason. None of these types of topics are helping the game at all. And I've also found steam stats to be less than accurate.

I made this thread a month ago. It’s not my fault 10 other people made a thread like this. 

And yes, it is good to have these threads because if nothing is brought to light then nothing will change. To take down a thread because they don’t like it would be very unprofessional and unethical.

it also would t be 10 pages long if it wasn’t something that need to be discussed. And no, steam charts are accurate, they just take all numbers into play, not just official numbers. If you want that there is the player tracker.

So your solution would be to silence people, pretend like there is nothing wrong,  and only post good things or don’t say anything. Sounds like a tyranny to me.

Tbh i'm more interested in the motive of what people say than the wording. I can see this topic doing the game and it's players absolutely no good whatsoever, and people simply quoting falling numbers is not even a form of constructive criticism, it's more along the lines of told you so smugness. It's so heartwarming to see the human nature of kick em when they're down coming into play here, it makes me wonder why people would avoid mmo's. And no I don't believe in silencing criticism, but that's not what is happening here is it? As I said before these kinds of topics are discouraging people to join, So it would not be tyranny to remove them, just common sense.

5 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

Tbh i'm more interested in the motive of what people say than the wording. I can see this topic doing the game and it's players absolutely no good whatsoever, and people simply quoting falling numbers is not even a form of constructive criticism, it's more along the lines of told you so smugness. It's so heartwarming to see the human nature of kick em when they're down coming into play here, it makes me wonder why people would avoid mmo's. And no I don't believe in silencing criticism, but that's not what is happening here is it? As I said before these kinds of topics are discouraging people to join, So it would not be tyranny to remove them, just common sense.

That is pretty dramatic, but we all have the right to our opinion. And if some of these threads actually get people to stop playing then that actually says a lot more about those people than the people posting to be honest.

ok, so you don’t want people to see updated numbers on a game? Shouldn’t they be informed of that? Or do you just want to trick them into thinking everything is fine? It really doesn’t sound like you care about them, you just want more numbers to be in the game.

nothing I have said has been a deterrent. I give my opinion and I also give updates. I have never told anyone to not play the game. I have seen others do that but I have not. I let the devs know what I think is good bad or indifferent.

so yeah, you are really just about silencing things you don’t like. You might not think it is good but maybe the devs do, ok which case what you think wouldn’t matter too much.

Nobody likes bad news shoved in their faces, regardless whether its true or not. If people want to know statistics they can look them up for themselves anyway, they don't need it pointed out on here. And whether people are easily lead or not the fact is people are swayed by reviews and opinions . How many times have critics destroyed a film at the box office? believe it or not bladerunner was totally trashed by the media on release. And one persons opinion isn't always the same as another. There are many of us that play and enjoy atlas a lot. But human nature tends to focus on the bad rather than the good. If you're opinions are biased then you will radiate that out in your posts, like I say I question motives of just constantly quoting negative points at every given opportunity.

35 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

Nobody likes bad news shoved in their faces, regardless whether its true or not. If people want to know statistics they can look them up for themselves anyway, they don't need it pointed out on here. And whether people are easily lead or not the fact is people are swayed by reviews and opinions . How many times have critics destroyed a film at the box office? believe it or not bladerunner was totally trashed by the media on release. And one persons opinion isn't always the same as another. There are many of us that play and enjoy atlas a lot. But human nature tends to focus on the bad rather than the good. If you're opinions are biased then you will radiate that out in your posts, like I say I question motives of just constantly quoting negative points at every given opportunity.

What are you talking about? I was the one that was saying to give the new guy a chance and I was very hopeful to everyone. Which was very positive. Don’t try to put me into a category of only negativity just because people might need a safe space.

i have also been positive on other threads.

and no, they might not all be able to just look it up. I am sure at the very least some Xbox players don’t know how to look up steam charts. This is information for people. I never say don’t play the game. I let them decide that for themselves. You on the other hand are trying to control what people do or say. I am not.

Well sorry old bean but as you yourself know as an advocate of free speech that also means you have to accept the same terms applied to me. Whether you like what I have to say or not is irrelevent, I have the right to say it. I'm just sorry there is no symbol for a long raspberry!

30 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

Well sorry old bean but as you yourself know as an advocate of free speech that also means you have to accept the same terms applied to me. Whether you like what I have to say or not is irrelevent, I have the right to say it. I'm just sorry there is no symbol for a long raspberry!

Yep. I am a firm believer of free speech. I just said you try to take that away from other people. Not that you couldn’t do it

16 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

Panicking is selling large amounts of stock to try and start a stampede of shareholders selling their stock.

Saying there are 7 people playing during peak EU game time is just a statement of fact (I don't use steam for my player figures)

You are quite right these posts don't help the game. Me buying three copies of the game helped the game "developers" ignoring the real issues with the game and releasing fluff patches instead are what killed it and rest assured when you have 7 people playing your game during peak hours on the server type the "developers" consider the core game means your game is dead and forum posts didn't kill it. Unprofessionalism, ineptitude and lack of a clear vision killed it.

I am stressing customers because I have not been granted some privilege in playing atlas that I am ungrateful for, atlas is a product that has been paid for by us it's customers and if atlas were a new car, what has happened is we have all gone back to the showroom and said the engine is not running right and the workshop tries to fix it by adding a bodykit and some new rims.

Edited by Badkebab
  • Like 2

I still play conan exiles and on the server there are roughly 4 people at a time, it used to be so packed you had to wait to log in. no one on there considers it a dead mmo. and the map is much smaller than atlas. I agree that the time they are spending on the multi platform version is stopping them from doing anything here with the pc version because of it's release in november, and a lot of people aren't happy about it. But the fact remains that these types of posts are not helping the population of atlas grow, which apparently is what most people are unhappy about, the lack of players. And don't try to tell me at my age and experience that negativty has no affect on people buying, just look up ratners, he lost his whole business with one negative remark.  And having a good friend who worked the stock exchange for years the panicking is started by rumours first. anyone caught doing it here can be sacked and fined. I understand the moaning and groaning about the game I get that, But just constantly quoting figures? For what benefit? What's the motive? To encourage more people to buy and play? And as far as I know we all paid for the game and I'll also be buying the xbox version too. And btw a lot of people quit playing online cos of griefing too, that's other people for you not the devs. All said and done I and some others are happy with the game, others aren't. This is a forum and you'll get both.  

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 12:34 PM, Whitehawk said:

Hey dude you know what, that has never in the history of failed games, saved any of those piles of garbage from death. Denying there are problems or sweeping them under the rug only ushers in death faster by not resolving the issues.

If you are going to have an open forum, then you have to have the good and the bad, and if the signs point towards mostly bad, then it ought to be addressed by looking at the common complaints of the game and actually addressing them instead of focusing on things no one wants and never asked for, which is a tradition from ARK that has carried over to ATLAS.

• Like 1

Anybody can just say anything. It's not sweeping anything under the rug. Go back and read the entire thread again. Please don't actually LOL.

Do what now? He was referring to other games forums removing 'detrimental' posts and for 'good reasons', and what that traditionally means is any negative criticism, which is in fact sweeping things under the rug, as anything that might prevent a sale from a prospective customer could be considered detrimental. A lot of forums do that, and quite frankly it's in pretty poor taste. I havent noticed it really here, obviously this game has a very large amount of vocal critics as well as defenders, so it's a bit of a moot point for this forum.

Tho the suggestion of that level of censorship is quite awful.

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

Hey dude you know what, that has never in the history of failed games, saved any of those piles of garbage from death. Denying there are problems or sweeping them under the rug only ushers in death faster by not resolving the issues.

If you are going to have an open forum, then you have to have the good and the bad, and if the signs point towards mostly bad, then it ought to be addressed by looking at the common complaints of the game and actually addressing them instead of focusing on things no one wants and never asked for, which is a tradition from ARK that has carried over to ATLAS.

Hello Inigo, I appreciate your post. Not just on my behalf but because I believe you have a good and open minded personality. Thank you for being you. People don’t tell others that enough. It seems to be a lost form of communication to give credit where credit is due and I just want you to know you just got some credit.