Realist

Atlas and steam charts

Yes xbox will be shit. It’s already shit in very polished and good games, think about what a horror it would be on this game.. 

On 8/27/2019 at 5:36 AM, Realist said:

but hey, let’s stay hopeful and give the new a guy a chance. Now I am not saying to automatically think everything is going to be awesome, but we can’t let our opinion of the company cloud our opinion of the person that wasn’t part of the company before.

This is where I am at with Atlas.  Give the new guy a chance and see what happens.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

I think that all depends on the quality of pc and internet, I used to lag so bad the only things I could kill had to be stationary. Mind you I don't fancy playing on low graphics mode on xbox though.

Huh?

Yeah, we all have pcs and internet that is worse than low graphics mode on xbox using a string and cup.

Haha!

I'm not sure you either read or understood my post at all. Still that doesn't seem to stop you from commenting eh. ho ho ho

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whitehawk said:

I'm not sure you either read or understood my post at all. Still that doesn't seem to stop you from commenting eh. ho ho ho

He says some pretty weird stuff. I just don’t reply when he does that. If he makes sense then I will reply.

2 hours ago, Elmo said:

This is where I am at with Atlas.  Give the new guy a chance and see what happens.

Yeah that is pretty much all you can do. As far as I have found he doesn’t have a shady past so he deserves the benefit of the doubt

• Like 1

Wow only 65 people on Eu pve and 83 on Eu pvp. The low time isn’t for another 5-6 hours

13 minutes ago, lordkhan4444 said:

just checked it now EU pvp is 51, guess the bots have not loaded in yet lol.

Oh man. I wonder if it will actually get to like 25 or something. 

Even if they weren’t planning a wipe they would still be wiping if there are only 100 or so players left lol

Haha. I will have to re-read posts to get context, seems like a funny thing that I said there actually now that I look again. Hah.

edit: Ok i understand what you were saying now more, but still can't really see my point. Hmm.

I really like your point actually. It reminds me of someone I knew who recently was playing ark on their laptop which is now 10 yrs old or something.

Edited by eeeceee

On 9/5/2019 at 12:31 PM, DocHolliday said:

So this is what people do when they don't play Atlas.  They talk about how many people play Atlas. 

*Looks up from his post in the bushes outside Olivia Munn’s house, Cheeto dust on his face. He notices belatedly that the bottle of Captain Morgan is still in his hand and quickly puts it behind his back. Coughs awkwardly.*

Yeah. 

Sure.

Lets go with that.

I was just sitting here uh, talking to my friend Mr. Japanese Maple (Olivia has expensive tastes in topiary) about the recent population dip on NA PVE. So far he’s noncommittal on coming back to the game, but he did say something about wanting the devs to put more nitrogen in the soil.

*hiccups*

• Haha 1

New Lead Dev: We have BIG news coming to Atlas! Along with a whole lot of new clothing styles we are happy to announce that we have been working hard the last few months on bringing ATLAS to MOBILE! That's right, Xbox, Mobile and PC are all going to have crossplay!

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

New Lead Dev: We have BIG news coming to Atlas! Along with a whole lot of new clothing styles we are happy to announce that we have been working hard the last few months on bringing ATLAS to MOBILE! That's right, Xbox, Mobile and PC are all going to have crossplay!

*head asplodes*

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Going to need another wipe for mobile too 😉

2 hours ago, Realist said:

Going to need another wipe for mobile too 😉

Yeah please do... afterthe Xbox Realist got his yuge base build...

Also the lag will be even more epic for everyone with the structures that the server has to upload to the mobiles...

Just now, Sheepshooter said:

Yeah please do... afterthe Xbox Realist got his yuge base build...

Also the lag will be even more epic for everyone with the structures that the server has to upload to the mobiles...

Yeah, I am a grinder so I don’t mind wipes. My huge base will be back in a week. Wipes are actually good. If they didn’t I would just build another big base after I was done and then another and then another. 

I love that initial rush you get from a fresh start. Anytime ark would set up a new server I was there waiting for it to open for that rush to alpha. Totally awesome.

I hope the mobile addition is wrong, cos there are many reasons why cross platform with mobiles won't work with Atlas, and it's pointless trying. Mobiles would need their own version, I just can't see the devs even attempting it.

9 minutes ago, Sheepshooter said:

Well good for you... so you dont mind that we not wipe the servers, but just wipe you weekly... win/win...😘

Nope. Wiping the servers weekly would be fine though. Can’t wait for the one on Xbox release 😉

5 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

I hope the mobile addition is wrong, cos there are many reasons why cross platform with mobiles won't work with Atlas, and it's pointless trying. Mobiles would need their own version, I just can't see the devs even attempting it.

Yeah dude. He was totally kidding with that lol

8 hours ago, Realist said:

Nope. Wiping the servers weekly would be fine though. Can’t wait for the one on Xbox release 😉

And of you go to PVE... as you cannot accept being wiped alone...

And yes you “can't“, for something that is no happening...

Damn. Only 38 players on Eu pve and this is still a few hours off from the low point of the day.

defintely seeing the impact right now. These guys are going to rush Xbox to the point of it not being close to being ready. 

I mean we are talking 700 people and it will still go down by the end of tonight 

edit: only 48 on Eu pvp

edit2: only 34 servers out of 225 had anyone at all on pvp.

Edited by Realist

I agree.  Its a shameless grab for more money.  

-Games still packed full of bugs

-in game mechanics still garbage (food system, spawns, claim system still trash, mini games for every damn thing that everyone hates,  ect)

-server lag terrible, game freezes, nothing optimized

I get its early access, they have a road map which is a step in the right direction. Brings this mess to a console should be LAST on the road map. Not first.

You want to bring in new players and grow a player base? Get your game right first.  You have a player base that was mislead into thinking this was something different, this game has so much potential.  Just think of how many people (like myself) are waiting for this dev team to get this shit right so we can come back and play.   Straighten out the mess, add the content you promised and you'll see a player base come back. You'll see this game being streamed again.  

I honestly love the concept of this game. There are not many pirate themed games out there.  Only one that really comes to mind is sea of thieves, and its very popular on twitch as well as it has a huge player base.   That should give you a hint of how popular the genre is.  

Dont play this out like ark did. That game got away with so much simply because there wasn't anything really like it out there.  Same tactic will not work with this game. 

In short I want to see this succeed, I truly do. Please focus and dont shit the bed devs. please.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zelloss said:

I agree.  Its a shameless grab for more money.  

-Games still packed full of bugs

-in game mechanics still garbage (food system, spawns, claim system still trash, mini games for every damn thing that everyone hates,  ect)

-server lag terrible, game freezes, nothing optimized

I get its early access, they have a road map which is a step in the right direction. Brings this mess to a console should be LAST on the road map. Not first.

You want to bring in new players and grow a player base? Get your game right first.  You have a player base that was mislead into thinking this was something different, this game has so much potential.  Just think of how many people (like myself) are waiting for this dev team to get this shit right so we can come back and play.   Straighten out the mess, add the content you promised and you'll see a player base come back. You'll see this game being streamed again.  

I honestly love the concept of this game. There are not many pirate themed games out there.  Only one that really comes to mind is sea of thieves, and its very popular on twitch as well as it has a huge player base.   That should give you a hint of how popular the genre is.  

Dont play this out like ark did. That game got away with so much simply because there wasn't anything really like it out there.  Same tactic will not work with this game. 

In short I want to see this succeed, I truly do. Please focus and dont shit the bed devs. please.

I just want to point out this guy hit the nail on the head. Especially with the claim system. It is a very failed attempt. Get rid of it.

he had other good points as well but my main thing is the claim system. Get rid of it