Realist

Atlas and steam charts

6 minutes ago, Shadowcub said:

No, we really haven't. Even solely sticking to games as a subject, I've been gaming for about 25 years. Not a whole lot of originality happening anywhere. I think the most "original" game I've played in recent times has been The Long Dark. I'd dare say that game defines what the survival genre should be (like... actually about survival 😗). Every other "survival" game I've played is basically, "Okay we have [X Concept} and let's throw in eating, sleeping, and maybe thirst." They're all basically Skyrim running iNeed and Frostfall. Which is fine, nothing really wrong with that at the core. Except when the core is lackluster.

As plenty of artists (should, if they don't) say, art is about stealing what has already been done and making it your own. Our Constitution is about as original as a Picasso.

It is completely original. And I feel bad for artists if that is what they do. Talk about the decline of society. Let’s just ride our forefathers coat tales lol

1 minute ago, Realist said:

It is completely original. And I feel bad for artists if that is what they do. Talk about the decline of society. Let’s just ride our forefathers coat tales lol

Art is not original. All art is fundamentally based on reality. If you're a realistic artist, you strive for photorealism, a copy of the real. If you're an impressionist, you're pretty much trying to be Monet. If you're an abstract artist... well, you're maybe drawing squares on white canvas. It's all been done. Square on canvas guy (I won't even bother looking up his name, but feel free) is doing what we all did when we were 5... And making profitsss. It's not a decline of society at all (believe me, I could talk all day about what is). It's simply human. We watch. We learn. We copy. Hopefully, when we copy, we improve.

It's not copy & paste, which I think is what you're thinking. It's more like putting a vase on a table and copying what you see. What you see will differ from what anyone else does. It's not original in the grand scheme, but it's original to you (and maybe a few other people). And maybe you add in Pikachu throwin' gang signs in the background.

Our Constitution is far from original, idealistically. The doctrine as a whole is, yes; there is (as far as I'm aware) nothing exactly like it. The ideas, however, are a mish-mash of philosophies as old as Ancient Greece (and probably older) up to right around John Locke. If you break the Constitution down, there's not an original thought in there. There's nothing wrong with riding our forefathers' coat tails, as long as we improve upon their vision. The problem, the decline of society, if you will, is that we're generally not improving. We're devolving.

4 minutes ago, Shadowcub said:

Art is not original. All art is fundamentally based on reality. If you're a realistic artist, you strive for photorealism, a copy of the real. If you're an impressionist, you're pretty much trying to be Monet. If you're an abstract artist... well, you're maybe drawing squares on white canvas. It's all been done. Square on canvas guy (I won't even bother looking up his name, but feel free) is doing what we all did when we were 5... And making profitsss. It's not a decline of society at all (believe me, I could talk all day about what is). It's simply human. We watch. We learn. We copy. Hopefully, when we copy, we improve.

It's not copy & paste, which I think is what you're thinking. It's more like putting a vase on a table and copying what you see. What you see will differ from what anyone else does. It's not original in the grand scheme, but it's original to you (and maybe a few other people). And maybe you add in Pikachu throwin' gang signs in the background.

Our Constitution is far from original, idealistically. The doctrine as a whole is, yes; there is (as far as I'm aware) nothing exactly like it. The ideas, however, are a mish-mash of philosophies as old as Ancient Greece (and probably older) up to right around John Locke. If you break the Constitution down, there's not an original thought in there. There's nothing wrong with riding our forefathers' coat tails, as long as we improve upon their vision. The problem, the decline of society, if you will, is that we're generally not improving. We're devolving.

Exactly, the constitution is a whole. We aren’t talking about a specific section of the constitution. We are talking about THE constitution. There has never been anything like it. It is completely original.

also exactly. The decline of society is trying to take away from something that already works.

As far as the game goes, though. I have to say I've become disillusioned. I want to enjoy it, but I'm really not.

I moved 2,000 miles. Three days packing the Uhaul, a week "homeless" (spent with a friend... fishing... and eating... at his house on a river), three days on the road, and three days unloading the UHaul in 100+ degrees, and three more days getting my office reassembled to catch up on two weeks of missed work and patiently waiting clients. Needless to say, my base is gone. My ships? Gone. Tames? Lol. And... my home region is no longer Lawless (waaat?). Do I want to play? Nope. Can't say that I do.

A game, what should be fun pastime (fun, not necessarily easy), now seems like a daunting chore. I've effectively wiped (again). Now, I knew it would happen. And to some degree, it's "my fault" for deciding to take a huge leap in my life. But it makes me ask myself why I would want to play a game that effectively punishes me for having a life?

Above the many, many current flaws with ATLAS (of which most of my issues, if not all, have been covered ad nauseam by others), this is one I suddenly find to be at the forefront of my proverbial shit list.

I'm hoping with the new designer they address many of the concerns players and future players have, but it certainly wouldn't be a bad thing to consider things like.... losing all progression due to a major life event.

For now, I may fire up singleplayer (which I come back to as a thing, yay). Maybe I can become re-enthused. Maybe not.

28 minutes ago, Shadowcub said:

As far as the game goes, though. I have to say I've become disillusioned. I want to enjoy it, but I'm really not.

I moved 2,000 miles. Three days packing the Uhaul, a week "homeless" (spent with a friend... fishing... and eating... at his house on a river), three days on the road, and three days unloading the UHaul in 100+ degrees, and three more days getting my office reassembled to catch up on two weeks of missed work and patiently waiting clients. Needless to say, my base is gone. My ships? Gone. Tames? Lol. And... my home region is no longer Lawless (waaat?). Do I want to play? Nope. Can't say that I do.

A game, what should be fun pastime (fun, not necessarily easy), now seems like a daunting chore. I've effectively wiped (again). Now, I knew it would happen. And to some degree, it's "my fault" for deciding to take a huge leap in my life. But it makes me ask myself why I would want to play a game that effectively punishes me for having a life?

Above the many, many current flaws with ATLAS (of which most of my issues, if not all, have been covered ad nauseam by others), this is one I suddenly find to be at the forefront of my proverbial shit list.

I'm hoping with the new designer they address many of the concerns players and future players have, but it certainly wouldn't be a bad thing to consider things like.... losing all progression due to a major life event.

For now, I may fire up singleplayer (which I come back to as a thing, yay). Maybe I can become re-enthused. Maybe not.

Yeah they brought over a lot of the bad mechanics from ark. The main one being the need to be able to play almost consistently without getting offline(maybe a 2-4 hour nap) if you are brave.

it is just a bad design as a whole so hopefully the new guy will make an mmo out of this copy and paste game.

Just now, Realist said:

Yeah they brought over a lot of the bad mechanics from ark. The main one being the need to be able to play almost consistently without getting offline(maybe a 2-4 hour nap) if you are brave.

it is just a bad design as a whole so hopefully the new guy will make an mmo out of this copy and paste game.

Well, here's the kicker: I'd been playing on PvE (because I value sleep). Played on PvP and left, not because of the PvP... because I frankly never experienced actual PvP, just PvMyStuff while I'm sleeping/working/adulting. I like PvP. Real PvP. When I think of ATLAS or even ARK, I just don't think, "Wow yeah I'd really like to PvP in that game." I don't want to build a boring reinforced box to house my crap. Why give me a cool building system to suck the creativity out of it because I have to build a ridiculous looking ship to be viable in PvP combat? I think, "Dude, I want to build a badass looking base and cool ships. Because I can." If I want to slaughter (or be slaughtered) players, I'll go play PUBG or whatever. Even WoW PvP was great. RIP. Here, every "PvP" situation was:

"Why am I naked... oh this again."
*Build sloop*
*Go get the stuff from the hidden caches*
*Find new island*

The fun in PvP for me is the rush of knowing you're facing another human being in digital combat. Maybe you're evenly matched. Maybe you're not. Winning or losing almost doesn't matter because either way you gave it your best. ATLAS PvP lacks any ambition for that. Why face someone when you can just wait until they're not around and take their stuff? That never even crossed my mind to do during my time on PvP (back to societal degradation, I guess). It just seemed totally cowardly and most of all un-fun to me. If I want to break into houses, I'll go sneakthief in Skyrim. At least the NPCs don't log off.

I don't really care if I lose stuff because someone actually fought me for it. I do care when my biggest threat is supposed to be flying lions. If I log into my 4 years inactive (... but still active... should probably cancel that) WoW account, my stuff is there. My main from launch is there. I wouldn't be surprised if I logged onto freaking EQ if my characters are still there, assuming I could ever remember my account info. Couple weeks gone from the PvE server and poof. Even people who log in every day are mysteriously losing ships they've physically moved within a couple of days. This is kind of a fundamental problem and people who are already fed up are throwing in the towel because it's making the game a job even for PvE players. And it's really only there on PvE because the devs can't figure out how to curb foundation/pillar spam (and maybe to save server memory). Hell, even before the wipe it was kind of fun island hopping and checking out peoples' bases and maybe coming across something abandoned and finding some loot.

Even ARK is better on single player. At least there you have a fighting shot at all of the content with hoards of meticulously bred dinos. Solo players and casual groups are effectively locked out of end game content here because many of us simply don't have the hours in a day to live, breathe, think ATLAS. For us, unless something changes, there will eventually be a brick wall where you can choose to farm yourself to death or just leave and go play something that's actually fun. This is where they are failing at an MMO to the core. The content is just not there. Hopefully, this upcoming announcement parts the clouds and unicorns pooping rainbows come down from the sky (... although the way things are looking, there is a literal possibility of this) to give us a kickass game... But the realist (no pun intended) in me thinks... probably not.

Fundamentally, ATLAS is not an MMO. Sure, the map is massive, the player capacity (supposedly... we don't actually know) is massive. But in reality, it's a cluster server multiplayer with fantasies of being a pirate MMORPG. It's like calling Fortnite an MMO because a crapload of people are online all the time. It checks very few of the boxes that make an MMO an MMO... It's just kind of... meh right now in almost every aspect of the game. Unfortunately, it kind of is ARK reskinned. Only problem is, they have effectively sucked all the good of ARK out of ATLAS, with the single exception being the building system. They haven't copied and improved. Hell, it's not even looking like they've considered ANY of the great mechanics of great MMOs past.

Basically, ATLAS doesn't do anything for me that something else does better. If I want hardcore survival, I've got The Long Dark. If I want FPS, I'm enjoying Anthem. If I want PvP, I can go play a FPS PvP or head to Cyrodil in ESO. If I want an MMO, I could resurrect my WoW characters or play some ESO. If I want to sail non-ridiculous ships with proper sails on a cool ocean, I could go back to some Black Flag. If I want to just murder monsters and have an actual storyline, FFIV, Monster Hunter, Witcher III. If I want to build cool shit and maintain a hoard of animals: ARK.

Hopefully, they can turn this ship around (pun intended).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Shadowcub said:

Well, here's the kicker: I'd been playing on PvE (because I value sleep). Played on PvP and left, not because of the PvP... because I frankly never experienced actual PvP, just PvMyStuff while I'm sleeping/working/adulting. I like PvP. Real PvP. When I think of ATLAS or even ARK, I just don't think, "Wow yeah I'd really like to PvP in that game." I don't want to build a boring reinforced box to house my crap. Why give me a cool building system to suck the creativity out of it because I have to build a ridiculous looking ship to be viable in PvP combat? I think, "Dude, I want to build a badass looking base and cool ships. Because I can." If I want to slaughter (or be slaughtered) players, I'll go play PUBG or whatever. Even WoW PvP was great. RIP. Here, every "PvP" situation was:

*Build sloop*
*Find new island*

The fun in PvP for me is the rush of knowing you're facing another human being in digital combat. Maybe you're evenly matched. Maybe you're not. Winning or losing almost doesn't matter because either way you gave it your best. ATLAS PvP lacks any ambition for that. Why face someone when you can just wait until they're not around and take their stuff? That never even crossed my mind to do during my time on PvP (back to societal degradation, I guess). It just seemed totally cowardly and most of all un-fun to me. If I want to break into houses, I'll go sneakthief in Skyrim. At least the NPCs don't log off.

I don't really care if I lose stuff because someone actually fought me for it. I do care when my biggest threat is supposed to be flying lions. If I log into my 4 years inactive (... but still active... should probably cancel that) WoW account, my stuff is there. My main from launch is there. I wouldn't be surprised if I logged onto freaking EQ if my characters are still there, assuming I could ever remember my account info. Couple weeks gone from the PvE server and poof. Even people who log in every day are mysteriously losing ships they've physically moved within a couple of days. This is kind of a fundamental problem and people who are already fed up are throwing in the towel because it's making the game a job even for PvE players. And it's really only there on PvE because the devs can't figure out how to curb foundation/pillar spam (and maybe to save server memory). Hell, even before the wipe it was kind of fun island hopping and checking out peoples' bases and maybe coming across something abandoned and finding some loot.

Even ARK is better on single player. At least there you have a fighting shot at all of the content with hoards of meticulously bred dinos. Solo players and casual groups are effectively locked out of end game content here because many of us simply don't have the hours in a day to live, breathe, think ATLAS. For us, unless something changes, there will eventually be a brick wall where you can choose to farm yourself to death or just leave and go play something that's actually fun. This is where they are failing at an MMO to the core. The content is just not there. Hopefully, this upcoming announcement parts the clouds and unicorns pooping rainbows come down from the sky (... although the way things are looking, there is a literal possibility of this) to give us a kickass game... But the realist (no pun intended) in me thinks... probably not.

Fundamentally, ATLAS is not an MMO. Sure, the map is massive, the player capacity (supposedly... we don't actually know) is massive. But in reality, it's a cluster server multiplayer with fantasies of being a pirate MMORPG. It's like calling Fortnite an MMO because a crapload of people are online all the time. It checks very few of the boxes that make an MMO an MMO... It's just kind of... meh right now in almost every aspect of the game. Unfortunately, it kind of is ARK reskinned. Only problem is, they have effectively sucked all the good of ARK out of ATLAS, with the single exception being the building system. They haven't copied and improved. Hell, it's not even looking like they've considered ANY of the great mechanics of great MMOs past.

Basically, ATLAS doesn't do anything for me that something else does better. If I want hardcore survival, I've got The Long Dark. If I want FPS, I'm enjoying Anthem. If I want PvP, I can go play a FPS PvP or head to Cyrodil in ESO. If I want an MMO, I could resurrect my WoW characters or play some ESO. If I want to sail non-ridiculous ships with proper sails on a cool ocean, I could go back to some Black Flag. If I want to just murder monsters and have an actual storyline, FFIV, Monster Hunter, Witcher III. If I want to build cool shit and maintain a hoard of animals: ARK.

Oh yeah, they will definitely need to change things. That is something I think almost nobody would disagree with. Wait just because I said that now people are going to disagree, smh. Never mind I take it back lol

but hey, let’s stay hopeful and give the new a guy a chance. Now I am not saying to automatically think everything is going to be awesome, but we can’t let our opinion of the company cloud our opinion of the person that wasn’t part of the company before.

boderlands 3 comes out on the 13th. Very excited

3 hours ago, Realist said:

but hey, let’s stay hopeful and give the new a guy a chance. Now I am not saying to automatically think everything is going to be awesome, but we can’t let our opinion of the company cloud our opinion of the person that wasn’t part of the company before.

I really don't have any beef against the company. They're a small team, we all know that (not that being large nowadays guarantees success). I don't doubt that making an entire game is daunting, and in the face of modern social media, probably even more so. I do like the fact that the devs are directly involved with the community and they're one of the few companies that do certainly seem to work their asses off. Their involvement in the community is both their greatest strength and greatest weakness. You can't please everyone. And in trying to do so, they're making a bad game... for everyone.

Bethesda is one of the companys I absolutely adore and have for a very long time. Just because they made the heaping pile that is Fallout 76, doesn't mean I don't still like Besthesda. They tried. They failed. It's fine. It's one game out of a dozen I've played and doesn't mean that every future game they put out is going to suck. Grapeshot may fail at this. And that's okay. I wouldn't be angry, I'd be disappointed. The problem with Grapeshot failing here is that Grapeshot may cease to exist, but I'm sure the devs would go back to ARK or find new homes. They're good devs. They have good ideas. And more importantly, they really do seem to have the passion to back it up. But, so far, the implementation sucks.

9 hours ago, Shadowcub said:

*Build sloop*
*Find new island*

There is still nothing exactly like ark or atlas though, and it does somethinggggg i think for me. Hah.

Edited by eeeceee

11 hours ago, Shadowcub said:

I really don't have any beef against the company. They're a small team, we all know that (not that being large nowadays guarantees success). I don't doubt that making an entire game is daunting, and in the face of modern social media, probably even more so. I do like the fact that the devs are directly involved with the community and they're one of the few companies that do certainly seem to work their asses off. Their involvement in the community is both their greatest strength and greatest weakness. You can't please everyone. And in trying to do so, they're making a bad game... for everyone.

Bethesda is one of the companys I absolutely adore and have for a very long time. Just because they made the heaping pile that is Fallout 76, doesn't mean I don't still like Besthesda. They tried. They failed. It's fine. It's one game out of a dozen I've played and doesn't mean that every future game they put out is going to suck. Grapeshot may fail at this. And that's okay. I wouldn't be angry, I'd be disappointed. The problem with Grapeshot failing here is that Grapeshot may cease to exist, but I'm sure the devs would go back to ARK or find new homes. They're good devs. They have good ideas. And more importantly, they really do seem to have the passion to back it up. But, so far, the implementation sucks.

Your problem is that you don’t have a beef with the company. I am not trying to be aggressive in any means but please feel free to find out about the company we are speaking of. If at very least the ceo, Jeremy.

this company, and Jeremy(very specifically) at an award show gave a very grandiose speech on how not only atlas would be, but also how the company would act as far as the past goes.

now if you are an ark veteran you can very easily see what I am talking about and no further explaining would be needed.

lets say you aren’t. I have already explained in multiple other threads why they don’t need people feeling bad for them. Do you know what real daunting work is? Trying to stop a wind driven wildland fire from destroying 500 homes. That can get pretty daunting. If that wasn’t daunting enough just imagine being at the valley fire in 2015 when we couldn’t do anything about it and it swept through the entire town. Not just that but after the houses burned down and we were doing safety checks, the home owners were trying to fight us. It wasn’t their fault and it wasn’t ours. Instead of getting mad at the homeowners, I told them I was sorry and that we would do everything we could to do better next time.

i knew damn well there was nothing we could have done but when people are having a bad day... you let them have a bad day.

that is why I stick up for the people giving negative feedback here. There is way too much “suck it up” or “just deal with it” attitude here. Pretty sad to be honest.

might be one of the reasons I can’t wait for the next wipe. I would love to say suck it up to a few of these people lol

Edited by Realist

Somebody is giving their thoughts and has even provided us with explanation, ignore that to the point where you somehow convince yourself that now would be the best moment to tell people how they should think, and that their problem is that they don't have you to tell them what their problem is, then spam some side discussion.

Fun times.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, eeeceee said:

There is still nothing exactly like ark or atlas though, and it does somethinggggg i think for me. Hah.

Half correct, I will give you that. There really isn’t anything like ark. I found an addiction with that game that millions of people shared. For all of its faults there is “literally” nothing like it.

very innovative. At first I loved the speech jeremy gave “as a kid I always loved dinosaurs and once I got older and I got into game design I always wanted to have a game where you could also ride dinosaurs”

jeremy started out as a dream maker. He then became one of the typical people that gets involved with greed.

atlas never should have been what it is. That was a mistake. You can’t have a person with greed at the helm and try to make a new idea. It can’t happen.

give me the “joke character” crap all you want. I guarantee that I care more about the game then you and maybe anyone else does.

i will continue to criticize the game as I see fit until it resembles at least somewhat of what it should.

atlas belonged with ark but for multiple different reasons(financial and political) but it wasn’t. We all have to deal with that now but there is no reason to settle in the slightest.

Has anyone else noticed the very significant drop? There is usually about a 20 person or so drop each day but for some reason there has been an over 100 person drop on average in the past 24 hours. 

Did something significant like a mega get wiped. This is actually a significant event because the drop is a lot higher than usual.

4 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/wowclassic

Yesterday was the first full day of WoW Classic.

So they probably won’t come back then. I mean no matter what it drips at least 20 a day every single day. That has been a trend for months now. 

Tha k you for informing me of the reason for the sudden significant drop.

8 minutes ago, Realist said:

So they probably won’t come back then. I mean no matter what it drips at least 20 a day every single day. That has been a trend for months now.

They will in about a month or so. Let them hit the level/weekly progress cap and they will be back. Classic WoW is so loved because it is both more and less of a commitment than modern WoW.

A number of games dropped yesterday (albeit, Classic is probably the most significant). Also, the livestream yesterday seemed to anger quite a few people. So, that's probably not helping, given many took the XBox announcement as meaning another wipe, which wasn't confirmed either way.

On 8/26/2019 at 4:58 PM, Whitehawk said:

Or maybe the new guy could do something really drastic and only listen to people who have bought Atlas, own the game, play the game and support the game .Ho ho ho

What does that even mean? Like the whole statement contradicts itself. 

If you only listen to people who bought the game, then you dont listen to people who havent bought the game.
If you only listen to people who own the game, then you dont listen to people who bought the game ^, and refunded it for all of the legitimate reasons it was massively refunded.
If you only listen to the people who play the game, then you are only listening to approx. 1,500 people out of between 1,000,000-2,000,000(according to SteamSpy's approx copies sold/owned) who purchased it(most of them refunded it).
-And-
if you only only listen to people who support the game, well thats even less than the 1,500 that still play.

I know, thinking is hard in 2019.

Almost everyone who has bought the game, or owned the game, doesnt play the game or support it because it's just bad. And have reviewed and explained why. Are you suggesting that the New Lead Dev instead only listen and pander to the handful of holdouts that still think this is the greatest thing since forever?

Cuz that didnt work out for Dawn of War III, or Bless Online, etc.

Edited by Inigo

16 minutes ago, Inigo said:

What does that even mean? Like the whole statement contradicts itself. 

If you only listen to people who bought the game, then you dont listen to people who havent bought the game.
If you only listen to people who own the game, then you dont listen to people who bought the game ^, and refunded it for all of the legitimate reasons it was massively refunded.
If you only listen to the people who play the game, then you are only listening to approx. 1,500 people out of between 1,000,000-2,000,000(according to SteamSpy's approx copies sold/owned) who purchased it(most of them refunded it).
-And-
if you only only listen to people who support the game, well thats even less than the 1,500 that still play. 

I know, thinking is hard in 2019.

Almost everyone who has bought the game, or owned the game, doesnt play the game or support it because it's just bad. And have reviewed and explained why. Are you suggesting that the New Lead Dev instead only listen and pander to the handful of holdouts that still think this is the greatest thing since forever?

Cuz that didnt work out for Dawn of War III, or Bless Online, etc.

To use discretion, to behave in a way that takes into account many things....................................

Listening to people that don't play the game, and bowing to the whims of people who have no idea due to the fact they don't actually play the game, are two seperate things.

Yeah that's not what he was implying with his post. 

Your assumptions that people dont have any idea because they dont play the game, are still just an assumption.

You need to ask from a reasonable point of view.

Why, out of between 1,000,000 and 2,000,000 unique accounts on Steam were recorded to having Owned ATLAS, keep in mind that that doesnt factor in refunds, should the Devs listen to only approx 3-4,000 active players that are split between 4 official servers and Solo/Private servers.

If you were to look at it from a business perspective.

Only 0.5% to 0.2% of players remain of the approximate 1mil-2mil units sold. Thats how small the potential "support" base for this game is. 

Any reasonable person would ask, "What the fuck did we do to lose the other 99.5-99.8% of our consumers and what can we do to actually fix it to get them back." Because the people that left, left for a good reason, and a lot of them said why and they were ignored. The die-hard supporters are a niche minority that alone cannot hope to keep this game afloat, pandering to those .5 and .2% is what will absolutely bury this game for good. 

Well it was actually a tongue in cheek reply to the post before it, thought you would notice by the fact I put ho ho ho at the end. Or maybe you thought by mistake that I was accompanied by three ladies of ill repute, and was using street to describe them.

• Haha 1

On 8/30/2019 at 11:02 AM, Inigo said:

Yeah that's not what he was implying with his post. 

Your assumptions that people dont have any idea because they dont play the game, are still just an assumption.

You need to ask from a reasonable point of view.

Why, out of between 1,000,000 and 2,000,000 unique accounts on Steam were recorded to having Owned ATLAS, keep in mind that that doesnt factor in refunds, should the Devs listen to only approx 3-4,000 active players that are split between 4 official servers and Solo/Private servers.

If you were to look at it from a business perspective.

Only 0.5% to 0.2% of players remain of the approximate 1mil-2mil units sold. Thats how small the potential "support" base for this game is. 

Any reasonable person would ask, "What the fuck did we do to lose the other 99.5-99.8% of our consumers and what can we do to actually fix it to get them back." Because the people that left, left for a good reason, and a lot of them said why and they were ignored. The die-hard supporters are a niche minority that alone cannot hope to keep this game afloat, pandering to those .5 and .2% is what will absolutely bury this game for good. 

Exactly. You gotta figure that the 2k remaining (technically less) will also keep becoming less and less until they hear the news about the wipe that is coming then you will see numbers plummet. Not because of the wipe mind you but because they won’t want to play u til the wipe happens. Same happened with the first wipe. The writing is already on the wall.

they chose to make Xbox crossplay with steam and now they are stuck with wiping the game. They made the choice. They can’t afford to lose potentially 10’s of thousands of players because of 1k or lower( probably a month from now).

i mean who knows they might be that dumb but I want to give them more credit until proven otherwise 

Xbox is going to be painful for how large the game is and the resource requirement. Worst decision in the history of their bad decisions. 

It's gonna be pure tears and sadness for those guys fighting PC players.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Xbox is going to be painful for how large the game is and the resource requirement. Worst decision in the history of their bad decisions. 

It's gonna be pure tears and sadness for those guys fighting PC players.

and I will drink there salty tears as I bath in there blood.

I think that all depends on the quality of pc and internet, I used to lag so bad the only things I could kill had to be stationary. Mind you I don't fancy playing on low graphics mode on xbox though.