Realist

Atlas and steam charts

On 8/19/2019 at 11:04 PM, boomervoncannon said:

I didn't bring that up because it's not the point. He was obviously unclear about Snail Games relationship to Atlas and possibly Ark. The point of my post wasn't really about Jeremy, but about Snail games, and what we know about what they do and don't own. They bought Wildcard, they made the wild west thing using part of Ark's code. But GrapeCard is a seperate company and we don't know how involved Snail might be, if at all. What's not true is that all 3 are somehow just in some big pot o gaming company from out which pops 4 or 5 different games all with the same base code.

Mr. Boomer is quite correct.  The insinuation I made with

"Who knows, there could be 4-5 games out there working with Ark code and just a different theme and companies/publishers released within the last few months.  Hey if you've got the money and manpower why not throw some sh!t at the wall and see what sticks?"

was that everything ties back to Snail.

The simple fact of the matter is nobody knows (Well ... somebody knows) , just nobody here.

Side note:  I don't know what the hell happened to that post I made.  Wrote it, copied and pasted it from text file.  Click on "submit reply" and the forums went down for a few days.  Was gone when I logged back in so I rewrote it from the text file I had and whammo a mess, Boomer replied before I could fix it.  Strange .....

5 hours ago, Elmo said:

Mr. Boomer is quite correct.  The insinuation I made with

"Who knows, there could be 4-5 games out there working with Ark code and just a different theme and companies/publishers released within the last few months.  Hey if you've got the money and manpower why not throw some sh!t at the wall and see what sticks?"

was that everything ties back to Snail.

The simple fact of the matter is nobody knows (Well ... somebody knows) , just nobody here.

Side note:  I don't know what the hell happened to that post I made.  Wrote it, copied and pasted it from text file.  Click on "submit reply" and the forums went down for a few days.  Was gone when I logged back in so I rewrote it from the text file I had and whammo a mess, Boomer replied before I could fix it.  Strange .....

Nah, if jeremy wouldn’t have did what he had done then snail would have never been involved with ark in the first place. It had plenty of money and popularity.

that is where a 45 million dollar lawsuit settlement will get you. Snail games just capitalized on it. It is nowhere even close to being their fault. They are a business that wants to make money.

one person did this. Not a company.

On 8/23/2019 at 8:39 PM, Realist said:

Nah, if jeremy wouldn’t have did what he had done then snail would have never been involved with ark in the first place. It had plenty of money and popularity.

that is where a 45 million dollar lawsuit settlement will get you. Snail games just capitalized on it. It is nowhere even close to being their fault. They are a business that wants to make money.

one person did this. Not a company.

I'll give him props for coming up with good ideas for games.

But goddamn boys and girls, this guy is like the textbook example of the definition of "Dropping the Ball".

ARK was amazing for all of its flaws, the Dev team had to admit that ARKS Core issues were sooooooo deeply ingrained, they would have to rebuild the whole game to get rid of them, and so they didnt, they ignored them and moved on. That was a public statement waaaaaaay back in 2017 or some shit. To which the community replied, "Well gosh darnit, why dont you rebuild it, and on a more current form of the unreal engine"

So they totes ignored that, and instead of rebuilding ARK in all its glory, so that they could have a better functioning game, they started work on this shitshow of a game we know as ATLAS as a DLC turned standalone. Apparently this cash grab was more of a priority for diverting WC assets for development than fixing your current cashcow up.

So here we are, 2019, ATLAS is an abysmal failure in pretty much all the ways, and rather than prioritizing getting the game to a functionally desirable place where both the players are happy and they are happy, they decided they need to start work on Console.... CONSOLE ladies and gentlemen, they took all that money what little there was after the Great Refund Exodus, and rather than pouring in more time and money into getting this game to a proper and respectable state, they are trying so fucking hard to make a few extra dimes by porting this heaping pile of scat onto Console so more unsuspecting and uninformed customers can buy up this great idea, only to be met with "Tentacles and Disappointment" - Marcus Kincaid.

Kinda like No Man Sky, ATLAS is dipping into the 1k-2k total players. Everyone remembers that Charlie-Foxtrot at launch, Sean Murray coulda moved the fuck on after his abysmal failure, lies, etc. But goodness gracious that tenacious little douchebag stuck with it, because by golly his reputation in the gaming industry was so tarnished he couldnt hope to land a new job or sell a product if he didnt get No Man Sky where it was promised to be, and he sure as shit did it, they kept at it, and No Man Sky is in a pretty respectable place these days. Good for him.

• Like 1

Really hope the new guy does something extremely drastic(to a point where it pisses the remaining players off) because I have been keeping a close eye on the numbers and even though there is a small(very small) increase during the weekend by this time on Monday it has already gone back to the all time low. Throughout the week we see a steady decline and then once the weekend happens it is merely a pause to be honest.

come on new guy change this whole game into a completely different one that isn’t even recognizable from the original.

Edited by Realist

Or maybe the new guy could do something really drastic and only listen to people who have bought Atlas, own the game, play the game and support the game .Ho ho ho

4 minutes ago, Realist said:

Really hope the new guy does something extremely drastic(to a point where it pisses the remaining players off) because I have been keeping a close eye on the numbers and even though there is a small(very small) increase during the weekend by this time on Monday it has already gone back to the all time low. Throughout the week we see a steady decline and then once the weekend happens it is merely a pause to be honest.

come on new guy change this whole game into a completely different one that isn’t even recognizable from the original.

I swear if this new guys first order of business is to bring in a new tame for this game im going back to rust! balance the pvp, new ship types new weapons new armour the people have spoken!

33 minutes ago, lordkhan4444 said:

I swear if this new guys first order of business is to bring in a new tame for this game im going back to rust! balance the pvp, new ship types new weapons new armour the people have spoken!

Oh cool, so you were a rust guy? Never played rust but I heard both good and bad things depending on how hardcore you were.

so far I have seen wow people, ark people, eve people and rust people. Don’t forget the total randos that are here(poor guys).

me being an ark person I won’t shake a stick at new tames. But believe me, if they don’t get rid of the claim system I will start raising some hell on multiple social media platforms. Once atlas comes to Xbox the claim system will be gone.

if it isn’t.... just wait till I actually play the game and people won’t be able to use the very typical excuse of you don’t play the game lol.

my main goal from this point forward is getting rid of the claim system above all else.

I don't care for the claim system either, I much prefer to make everything like lawless. only reason the claim system works somewhat now is because the population is so low everybody can have there own island.

26 minutes ago, Realist said:

my main goal from this point forward is getting rid of the claim system above all else.

*claims Realist’s front porch while he is at work.*

1 hour ago, Realist said:

Oh cool, so you were a rust guy? Never played rust but I heard both good and bad things depending on how hardcore you were.

so far I have seen wow people, ark people, eve people and rust people. Don’t forget the total randos that are here(poor guys).

me being an ark person I won’t shake a stick at new tames. But believe me, if they don’t get rid of the claim system I will start raising some hell on multiple social media platforms. Once atlas comes to Xbox the claim system will be gone.

if it isn’t.... just wait till I actually play the game and people won’t be able to use the very typical excuse of you don’t play the game lol.

If Atlas comes to xbox and the claim system has not been removed for some random, non existent imaginary nonsense, we will wait until you actually play the game so people can't let you know that you are a moron trying to give advice or suggestions on something that you cannot even provide feedback for.

What is your very typical excuse for posting about playing a game that you don't play? That your buddies are buying it for you? That you read some posts on twitter?

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

*claims Realist’s front porch while he is at work.*

Oh you don’t want to do that man. This is ‘Mercia!

2 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

If Atlas comes to xbox and the claim system has not been removed for some random, non existent imaginary nonsense, we will wait until you actually play the game so people can't let you know that you are a moron trying to give advice or suggestions on something that you cannot even provide feedback for.

What is your very typical excuse for posting about playing a game that you don't play? That your buddies are buying it for you? That you read some posts on twitter?

Oh man, what on earth are you going to do once I own the game lol

this will be a glorious affair to say the least. There are a few fredos on the forums. Completely cool though. We can’t all be The Godfather 

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

*claims his 'Merican flag*

Here's $24 worth of beads. That's what the injuns got for Manhattan. Capitalism, fair and square. 

*spits*

3 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

*claims his 'Merican flag*

Here's $24 worth of beads. That's what the injuns got for Manhattan. Capitalism, fair and square. 

*spits*

Loving it. Yeah, the youngest country in history with the oldest living doctrine in history. Nobody is perfect but that is pretty close.

14 minutes ago, Realist said:

Oh man, what on earth are you going to do once I own the game lol

this will be a glorious affair to say the least. There are a few fredos on the forums. Completely cool though. We can’t all be The Godfather 

Once you own the game, I will try to forget that you didn't own the game at one stage, but that is all.

I doubt you will magically become able to participate in conversation without missing the point completely and going off on your own little side discussion.

Even if you do magically somehow become a non-joke character, it won't change much.

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Loving it. Yeah, the youngest country in history with the oldest living doctrine in history. Nobody is perfect but that is pretty close.

Actually at this point although the US is far from the oldest country, it is far from the youngest, and what it does have is the longest continuously held form of government. Countries like France, China, the UK, Italy etc have all been around culturally much longer than the US, but none have been operated under the same form of government for over 200 years.  Also I'm pretty sure there are some eastern doctrines quite a bit older than capitalism. 😜

2 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

Once you own the game, I will try to forget that you didn't own the game at one stage, but that is all.

I doubt you will magically become able to participate in conversation without missing the point completely and going off on your own little side discussion.

Even if you do magically somehow become a non-joke character, it won't change much.

Don’t bother forgetting. Please live in the past and keep saying “well a week ago you didn’t own the game” 😂

still not sure what a joke character is.

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

Actually at this point although the US is far from the oldest country, it is far from the youngest, and what it does have is the longest continuously held form of government. Countries like France, China, the UK, Italy etc have all been around culturally much longer than the US, but none have been operated under the same form of government for over 200 years.  Also I'm pretty sure there are some eastern doctrines quite a bit older than capitalism. 😜

Oh I didn’t even mean capitalism. Our constitution itself is the oldest living doctrine. Even though America might not be perfect. The constitution is the exact definition of perfection.

all it took was a small group to say “I don’t want to deal with this crap anymore” and here we are lol.

4 minutes ago, Realist said:

Don’t bother forgetting. Please live in the past and keep saying “well a week ago you didn’t own the game” 😂

still not sure what a joke character is.

What if i forget to bother to forget? That is a nice bunch of spam you have typed there again, still doesn't change anything.

Just now, Realist said:

Oh I didn’t even mean capitalism. Our constitution itself is the oldest living doctrine. Even though America might not be perfect. The constitution is the exact definition of perfection.

all it took was a small group to say “I don’t want to deal with this crap anymore” and here we are lol.

There are doctrines older than our constitution. Although it isn't really a doctrine so much as a document. A doctrine is an idea, and few of the ideas in the Constitution are completely original. A Republic isn't, ancient greeks had that. They also had voting. Property rights weren't new. Separation of the government into separate branches with checks and balances might have been an innovative concept but merely a government with multiple branches wasn't. England had both the crown and Parliament long before the US.

As far as people saying "I don't want to deal with this crap anymore." that's more the Declaration of Independence, and I would suggest that both the Magna Carta and Martin Luther's 95 theses represented much the same "we're not gonna take it anymore" sentiment.

7 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

There are doctrines older than our constitution. Although it isn't really a doctrine so much as a document. A doctrine is an idea, and few of the ideas in the Constitution are completely original. A Republic isn't, ancient greeks had that. They also had voting. Property rights weren't new. Separation of the government into separate branches with checks and balances might have been an innovative concept but merely a government with multiple branches wasn't. England had both the crown and Parliament long before the US.

As far as people saying "I don't want to deal with this crap anymore." that's more the Declaration of Independence, and I would suggest that both the Magna Carta and Martin Luther's 95 theses represented much the same "we're not gonna take it anymore" sentiment.

Yep. Pretty much. Even though the new generation of Americans have become very sad we are a nation of people that won’t take this crap anymore lol.

and no, you were very far reaching on trying to say the constitution wasn’t original. Not only is it original but it is maintained.

now, are you trying to say it’s not original because they weren’t the first to propose any kind of freedom whatsoever? Sure in that case it wasn’t original 

10 minutes ago, Realist said:

now, are you trying to say it’s not original because they weren’t the first to propose any kind of freedom whatsoever? Sure in that case it wasn’t original 

So, haven't been playing much due to real life stuff (big move, etc. etc.)... So I'm just here a-trollin' and catchin' up... and I really just have to say, in response to this...

Whaaaat? Last I knew the definition of "original" is something that existed from the beginning or, in other words: the first.

Like, gotta say, this is the same reaction I had earlier driving by a sign in front of the local courthouse that reads, "Parker County is for Public Safety"... I feel good knowing my new county isn't for public risk.

*Facepalm*

P.S. I really hope you were just being facetious.

7 minutes ago, Shadowcub said:

So, haven't been playing much due to real life stuff (big move, etc. etc.)... So I'm just here a-trollin' and catchin' up... and I really just have to say, in response to this...

Whaaaat? Last I knew the definition of "original" is something that existed from the beginning or, in other words: the first.

Like, gotta say, this is the same reaction I had earlier driving by a sign in front of the local courthouse that reads, "Parker County is for Public Safety"... I feel good knowing my new county isn't for public risk.

*Facepalm*

P.S. I really hope you were just being facetious.

Nope, not all. He was merely trying to pull apart the constitution into various areas making them seem like they weren’t original. Anyone can do that.

i am talking about the constitution as a whole. And as a whole it is completely original from anything.

and in your definition of original, nothing from the past 5000 years has been original. Go figure lol

Edited by Realist

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yep. Pretty much. Even though the new generation of Americans have become very sad we are a nation of people that won’t take this crap anymore lol.

and no, you were very far reaching on trying to say the constitution wasn’t original. Not only is it original but it is maintained.

No I mean that it is like many things, a set of ideas that are mostly not original but borrowed from other places. Off the top of my head the only core concept in the constitution that's original that I can think of is the system of checks and balances between the branches to keep any one branch from becoming too powerful. I don't think that had been done before but I couldn't swear to it. Pretty much everything else was not a new idea.

What was original was pulling all those different ideas together in one place. 

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Nope, not all. He was merely trying to pull apart the constitution into various areas making them seem like they weren’t original. Anyone can do that.

i am talking about the constitution as a whole. And as a whole it is completely original from anything.

and I’m your definition of original, nothing from the past 5000 years has been original. Go figure lol

No, we really haven't. Even solely sticking to games as a subject, I've been gaming for about 25 years. Not a whole lot of originality happening anywhere. I think the most "original" game I've played in recent times has been The Long Dark. I'd dare say that game defines what the survival genre should be (like... actually about survival 😗). Every other "survival" game I've played is basically, "Okay we have [X Concept} and let's throw in eating, sleeping, and maybe thirst." They're all basically Skyrim running iNeed and Frostfall. Which is fine, nothing really wrong with that at the core. Except when the core is lackluster.

As plenty of artists (should, if they don't) say, art is about stealing what has already been done and making it your own. Our Constitution is about as original as a Picasso.

6 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

No I mean that it is like many things, a set of ideas that are mostly not original but borrowed from other places. Off the top of my head the only core concept in the constitution that's original that I can think of is the system of checks and balances between the branches to keep any one branch from becoming too powerful. I don't think that had been done before but I couldn't swear to it. Pretty much everything else was not a new idea.

What was original was pulling all those different ideas together in one place. 

Exactly. I didn’t say every single specific section of the constitution was original. The constitution however is ultimately original as a whole. My whole point to begin with