Realist

Atlas and steam charts

As we know the atlas steam charts have been broken for close to 5 days. We have had the other website to go off of but it doesn’t really do full justice to the numbers since that is only official.

luckily we are only at -44 this month so far. That does show a sign of the decline slowing down and that the there are some hardcore players out there that won’t let a decline in playerbase stop them from gaming.

the main problem is that we are about 300 less on average than pre-wipe numbers. Everyone swore up and down that the ONLY reason for the low numbers was that a wipe was coming. I tried to help them understand that was not the case but it didn’t work. We are now months after the wipe and we are at numbers that are lower than before the wipe.

here comes the “devs come care about numbers” stuff. It doesn’t matter if the devs care or not lmao. What matters is if the existing players care about numbers which they do.

at this point it doesn’t matter what the devs think. People are leaving because other people are leaving. That is pretty common and the norm.

i am pretty sure it is time to bring factions in and finally be rid of the claim system. I am sure the people still playing it like the claim system and will disagree, which is fine, but everyone else left so it was definitely a problem. 

The only thing we know for sure is, the numbers are still going down and even though they have slowed, it is inevitable to continue for awhile.

Edited by Realist

To add to this. There has been a silence of updates as of late. This is very concerning to me because I am worried that they are trying to actually try to implement crossplay with Xbox. 

That is the only thing I can think of as to why they are already over a month late from their last mega update. 

The bad part is that crossplay won’t work. It just won’t. Not on a social basis but on a work-related competency basis. Don’t ruin my game because you don’t have the numbers on pc.

Makes perfect sense though. Even though I don’t like it

Edited by Realist

Actually right now on steam charts we are showing 4K people. Right now there is only slightly above 2k people on official. This is the point where there is a 50/50 split between official and unofficial.

the thing is, I am more inclined to put pve with unofficial(not meaning that in a bad way) simple because the pvp crowd is what it is. If we didn’t that we could actually say only about 20% of the people playing are on pvp. Which also means only 10% are on na and 10% are on Eu pvp.

i mean we already know this kind of stuff. We already know the state of the game. I am merely just a news caster giving facts as this point. But here we are.

People are not leaving because of the claim system...

But because of the PVP imbalance causing only wipes and sinking, and the lack of PVP in PVE...

But as you are the only one here that does not, because cannot, know the state of the game... you are just pushing solution to your fears...

Realist cannot own an islands... get rid of claims...

Realist as a solo cannot maintain his yuge ARK base, because of gold... get rid of gold...

Realist cannot play with other in a dynamic player diplomacy... make factions so atleast some cannot KOS him, although everyone wants do at this point of the conversation with him...

Realist cannot compete with his toy against PC periphery... remove PC from 'his' game...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sheepshooter said:

But because of the PVP imbalance causing only wipes and sinking, and the lack of PVP in PVE...

But as you are the only one here that does not, because cannot, know the state of the game... you are just pushing solution to your fears...

Realist as a solo cannot maintain his yuge ARK base, because of gold... get rid of gold...

Realist cannot play with other in a dynamic player diplomacy... make factions so atleast some cannot KOS him, although everyone wants do at this point of the conversation with him...

Realist cannot compete with his toy against PC periphery... remove PC from 'his' game...

Well yeah. I “cannot” anything since I am waiting for console release, yeah of course I cannot lol. 

I really didn’t think you were that new to the party.

that was a cool dream world you thought of though. To be honest I am thinking about making my company a toxic one, just to sabotage it in the first place. I tell you what man, for once I will give someone else the decision. Should we do that? Should we be as ruthless as possible?

you actually have a pretty big decision right now. I am a grinder and regardless of what I am doing I always keep doing it all day long: 

should I help people on console level or should I try to wipe everyone I can until console numbers end up even lower than pc? Lol

Edited by Realist

1 hour ago, Sheepshooter said:

I totally missed that part. There is dynamic  player diplomacy? Ok, now I am getting excited for the game 

13 minutes ago, Realist said:

I totally missed that part. There is dynamic  player diplomacy? Ok, now I am getting excited for my game 

Fixed for ya.

Maybe if you played the game, you would know about diplomacy in the game, or are just being a troll?

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

Fixed for ya.

Maybe if you played the game, you would know about diplomacy in the game, or are just being a troll?

Yeah, I do have to admit when people put words in your mouth it does bother me.

oh man, there is that word again. The word troll is so over used to a point to where your can call anyone a troll nowadays. Smh

Edited by Realist

13 hours ago, Realist said:

you actually have a pretty big decision right now. I am a grinder and regardless of what I am doing I always keep doing it all day long: 

should I help people on console level or should I try to wipe everyone I can until console numbers end up even lower than pc? Lol

That would be nice if it was my decision...
But you will do what everyone else is doing... wipe or get wiped...
And yes, that means xbox numbers will drop like pc numbers did...
Unfortunately it is by game design... and it seems the decision makers don't want or know how to change this...

But if you really, really want to help... give us your in game position daily, so we all get in line to wipe you, leaving everyone a higher chance to not get wiped so often...
Come on, take one for the team...! 😘

14 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

Dynamic player diplomacy????? you mean something like pay for protection or we raid you?? you call THAT diplomacy?? ROFL

1 hour ago, The D Legacy said:

Dynamic player diplomacy????? you mean something like pay for protection or we raid you?? you call THAT diplomacy?? ROFL

Diplomacy is often a combination of carrots and sticks, so even obvious blackmail can be a form of diplomacy. It just isn’t likely a form any developer has in mind if they say we want our game to include diplomacy.😉

2 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Diplomacy is often a combination of carrots and sticks, so even obvious blackmail can be a form of diplomacy. It just isn’t likely a form any developer has in mind if they say we want our game to include diplomacy.😉

yeah, diplomacy often is like that but i always find it funny when someone with clear personal interest on keeping the current state of the game as it is tries to hide that personal interest by clothing it with words that barely describe the real situation that hides behind

5 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

yeah, diplomacy often is like that but i always find it funny when someone with clear personal interest on keeping the current state of the game as it is tries to hide that personal interest by clothing it with words that barely describe the real situation that hides behind

fair enuff. 😊

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, eeeceee said:

Fixed for ya.

Let’s talk about this troll thing for second.

a troll has no personal investment on what he is doing right? I have plenty

a troll is out to get a rise out of people right? Why is my rep where it is at(probably the 5th or 6th highest).

trolls usually stay until they get their “fix” and move on to the next target? I have been here since day one.

so in all honesty, I am either the most successful troll in the history of time(which I am not) or I am not a troll. To me it is a win/win but you can think whatever you would like.

Edited by Realist

4 hours ago, Realist said:

Let’s talk about this troll thing for second.

a troll has no personal investment on what he is doing right? I have plenty

a troll is out to get a rise out of people right? Why is my rep where it is at(probably the 5th or 6th highest).

trolls usually stay until they get their “fix” and move on to the next target? I have been here since day one.

so in all honesty, I am either the most successful troll in the history of time(which I am not) or I am not a troll. To me it is a win/win but you can think whatever you would like.

Troll is very medieval fantasy focused I prefer a more Sci Fi approach myself:

I envision Realist as more of a:

Realist = Romulan

Boomer = Vulcan

Guybrush = Bajoran

WinterThorne = Edo

Captain Jack = Andorian

Martyn = Cardasian

Willard = Klingon

Percieval = Tellarite

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

Troll is very medieval fantasy focused I prefer a more Sci Fi approach myself:

I envision Realist as more of a:

Realist = Romulan

Boomer = Vulcan

Guybrush = Bajoran

WinterThorne = Edo

Captain Jack = Andorian

Martyn = Cardasian

Willard = Klingon

Percieval = Tellarite

I can get on board with that 👍

You need help realist, you post so much about a game you don't even play, go outside and talk to someone. It isn't healthy how much you post on these forums. Basically only like 10 people posting threads now, its just an echo chamber

If I were making a game, I would prefer the only person not playing my game to give the most advice.

Another doomsday post about game population in late summer time, on an game that isn't even released yet. /sigh

Another thread where Realist responds to his own posts, multiple times, before anyone else.

@Realist Give it up already. You aren't getting factions. Regardless of how much you whine and cry for it. Go play WoW or ESO if you want that BS. They never intended to implement them, they never hinted at adding them, and largely excepting you no one is asking for them. They aren't taking the sand out of the sand box just so you can play cowboy's and indianan's.

Also, your reputation sucks. Why even bring it up? Boomer is multiple times your number. Because he makes well thought out posts that contribute to a game he plays (I assume its a "he").

Oh and for the record, I believe you do qualify as an actual "Troll". Possibly one of the biggest of all time.

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, [1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses [2] and normalizing tangential discussion [3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain. 

- You are a person who constantly upsets people and distracts actual players who are giving real feedback. Arguably in an attempt to sow discord. 

- You continually go off topic with player count when the opinion of the developer has been explicitly to not care about this statistic.

- You repeatedly try to normalize a tangential discussion, in this example, "Factions". Which do not and never have been planned for this game, making it 100% tangential.

- You are working towards a specific gain to yourself. In this case, a game exactly tailored for you're personal preferences.

• Like 1

This is why I predict that WPE will be on official servers.    When people are leaving because people are leaving, with WPE  some of those people will stay and engage in the increased amount of WPE that results from people leaving, rather than leaving themselves.  Yes there is less PVP but something is better than nothing.

6 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

If I were making a game, I would prefer the only person not playing my game to give the most advice.

Another doomsday post about game population in late summer time, on an game that isn't even released yet. /sigh

Another thread where Realist responds to his own posts, multiple times, before anyone else.

@Realist Give it up already. You aren't getting factions. Regardless of how much you whine and cry for it. Go play WoW or ESO if you want that BS. They never intended to implement them, they never hinted at adding them, and largely excepting you no one is asking for them. They aren't taking the sand out of the sand box just so you can play cowboy's and indianan's.

Also, your reputation sucks. Why even bring it up? Boomer is multiple times your number. Because he makes well thought out posts that contribute to a game he plays (I assume its a "he").

Oh and for the record, I believe you do qualify as an actual "Troll". Possibly one of the biggest of all time.

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, [1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses [2] and normalizing tangential discussion [3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain. 

- You are a person who constantly upsets people and distracts actual players who are giving real feedback. Arguably in an attempt to sow discord. 

- You continually go off topic with player count when the opinion of the developer has been explicitly to not care about this statistic.

- You repeatedly try to normalize a tangential discussion, in this example, "Factions". Which do not and never have been planned for this game, making it 100% tangential.

- You are working towards a specific gain to yourself. In this case, a game exactly tailored for you're personal preferences.

another thread where realist responds to his own post, multiple times, before anyone else. I spit milk out of my mouth when I read that to funny. btw cool profile pic

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, lordkhan4444 said:

another thread where realist responds to his own post, multiple times, before anyone else. I spit milk out of my mouth when I read that to funny. btw cool profile pic

Luckily I wasn't drinking anything but I did get a pretty good chuckle out of it lol

14 hours ago, Gremlin_senpai said:

You need help realist, you post so much about a game you don't even play, go outside and talk to someone. It isn't healthy how much you post on these forums. Basically only like 10 people posting threads now, its just an echo chamber

I get where you are coming from, but just for the record, I have more posts than Realist, work in sales, and easily interact with numerous people on a daily basis. One of the primary reasons my post count is so high is because my job has a work issued ipad and downtime during the otherwise often long work day where posting here is the most amusing thing to do aside from reading a book, which I sometimes do. Post count can partly be a function of opportunity as much as any other factor.  You are right that it is a very thin crowd in here lately, to the point where I'm mildly surprised when I see a name I don't recognize.

1 hour ago, Chucksteak said:

I have argued in the past that troll isn't a term that applies properly to Realist because he lacks intent to provoke a response. I stand by that notion because while I think he is misguided in a number of things I don't think his goal is merely provocation,  but Chuck you still present a compelling argument that he is still a troll through 2 and 3. 

Also for the record I'm definitely male and if Olivia Munn would ever lift the restraining order she could verify.

Edited by boomervoncannon