Mctoozle

Joining server client side issue since two patches ago

Since around 2 patches ago something changed in the client joins and renders. Now whenever I join the server or cross from one grid to another my client gets stuck in a "render" phase where its trying to render the initial structures. I get stuck with "255" ping and its an odd kind of lag where only my client is lagging. I can queue up actions and then they will all of a sudden  take affect in intervals of around 25seconds. This state lasts for anywhere from 2minutes to 10minutes and makes the official server almost unplayable for me.

I thought for sure this issue would be addressed by now, but it seems like only some of my company-mates experience it as well?

I've been having this exact same issue started like you said awhile ago after a patch.  It makes it really difficult to play the game.  I disconnect and connect and it will usually go away. Sometimes it goes away after a few reconnects, sometimes takes more. I have 2 different PC's and they both do it.  One of my PC"s is in a DMZ on google fiber, other is behind a Norton Core router. 

This is still a huge issue for me and other peeps in my company. Crossing server grids and rejoining the official servers is incredibly problematic.

Seems like not many people reporting this issue.  Need to have everyone experiencing the issue report it so maybe we can get a fix.  I really can't play anymore because of it.