Dollie

Livestream Q&A

Have you thought about giving the caves another look? Especially in regards to spawn location and enemy types.
Like ARK, the caves in Atlas are very dangerous but not because of the actual enemies but because these enemies can spawn inside the walls. It would be much more fun if the caves had set mobs and you had to plan and equip yourself to be able to handle these enemies instead of having to hope for them to not spawn inside the walls(bats are amazing at spawning in the walls).

So, you guys have managed to kill the enjoyable experience on EU PvE servers with your PTR - everyone panicked with the new map design and decided it wasn't worth it to continue since it looks like another wipe is soon coming.  What are your plans to ensure this doesn't happen again? 

What are your plans to make the end content something worth doing more than once on official?  There is no reason to keep doing the end game content once you have done it once and gotten your prize and achievement.  That makes it hard for those who do not belong to a company that is willing to tackle something just for the sake of one or two.  It also makes it boring because there is no reason to go back at it.   What purpose do you have left if you don't like to build, farm, or explore on a regular basis?  There has to be a reason to get back on your ship and go kill something besides SOD's day after day.  

Have you thought of installing some sort of queue system that would allow others to group up and chat ingame when they are trying to find others to do the Kraken but not necessarily pull you into an "instance" when it's time.  Just something that would allow you to converse with a group that is forming even if you are in another zone, maybe put a limit on the distance to be just the surrounding block of zones so folks who are prepping are close and can group up if they are trying to find peeps?

Like any mmo to keep people playing you have to regularly add content, I think my message in bottles quests are a good idea for some of that. But quests will have to be the way to go at some point. Adding cosmetic content always helps too. I think the airship is something that needs to be reconsidered for the future, as it's no longer technically a pirate mmo now anyway. Different building skins etc, all of these sorta things keep people playing.

I have only a couple off questions.

1. Fix the resources on Blackwood and put in the missing ones like Cobalt, some gems and some off the seeds that are not there.

2. Give the server owners the options to have Blackwood on 1 grid and connected to other grids for more varierity on the maps without the need to have all the powerstoneislands.

3, Give the server owners the options to use the claimflag options on Blackwood that are on the Ocean. 

No matter what you guys are planning for the future of the game,  something that can be done and should have been done a long time ago,  the basic structures need to be worked on. 

Everyone loves to build, even in a pirate game but the structures are very lacking in being finished. We don't have glass windows or any window coverings at all so that would be a start. The way the edges look when you put the walls together are just terrible?  Who in the world thought it was a good idea to make the edge of a wall look like a jigsaw puzzle? 

A game company should not be solely relying on modders to make their game great!  The game should start out great and then modders add to it. When the basic game falls short it can only cause people to give negative reviews on the simplest game mechanics. 

The next thing that is very doable and would make a huge amount of people happy is the paint and dye.  Why even have so many beautiful paint colors if they don't work? 

Get back to the basics first. Fix things that we have been begging for since day one and at least those things won't be letting us down every time we get into game.

So my question to the new lead designer is:
1. Will structures be worked on and improved?

2. Will the paint and dye system be fixed so that the colors actually show up correctly on the ships and buildings?

• Like 1

How are you going to make powerstones better and the Golden Age Ruins better?  Every island is the same in principle and cave runs are frustrating and boring.

Can we see BP items skill requirement removed to encourage teamwork?

Island upkeep and points is a joke.  In the current system people have so much gold they will have islands for months even if they do nothing but log in every few days.  Something to encourage turnover or just go back to one person one flag?

For leaderboards track company gold (pirate game) not land?

Currently there is little need to grab flotsam, kill low level SoD, run low level maps even at starting levels when they should be the target.  What is going to be done to encourage progression?  Could we see Freeports start with lower level maps, flotsam, no SoD.  Then Lawless around them have slightly higher, then as you get closer to Golden Age Ruins  or the Kraken they get higher.  SOMETHING to encourage progress across the map.  If the Kraken is spawning these things maybe a higher quantity as you get closer to the center.

PVPVE on a single server?

Pirate encampments or other factions should be constantly showing up everywhere and causing trouble for PVP and PVE can we see something like this or factions?

Easier way for people to meet up and run Kraken, Yeti cave, or any other event together?  Airships keeps being talked about but maybe instead of players crafting them they are ways to transport yourself (not the ship) across the map like a taxi to join people and encourage alliances/friends.

PVP should not encourage wiping bases and people off the map forcing them to restart the grind from day one how do you plan of handling this?

Edited by Remcott

Do you have any plans to overhaul the resource system in Atlas, allowing it to be more dynamic?  Such as more randomized resource location and perhaps finite resources that would deplete and respawn over a long period of time in new locations?  This would promote more exploration and general movement that would be beneficial to a MMO sailing exploration game.

Edited by Bezdolnik

Will you modify the underwater worlds so that they are all different from each other in order to make us want to visit them? Same for the ice caves?

We don't have much more to do in PVE, are you going to add concrete content to make us want to stay on the game?

Will you add new skills, islands, quests, animals, structures, objects, weapons, materials?

Do you plan to integrate a progression system such as electricity?

Soon a next Wipe?

We are a big French company passionate about Atlas but the lack of content bothers us a lot... We quickly made the rounds of the game unfortunately.... We thank you all the same for all your work done for this game which has, however, a huge potential!

• Haha 1

1 You have made a game with a large sailing content and you have made shipyards (with no snap points) are there any plans for a dock system, wood and stone, and possibly an auto dock mechanism when your close enough so you are docked and facing out ready to leave (no more reversing at 0mph)

2 Are there any plans to overhaul the building system, you only have one method to go around corners with foundations atm, a triangle foundation for changing direction has very limited use.

3 Are there any plans to turn of the collision for building. Atm the landscape is limiting building, even a very small portion of a wall hitting the landscape will be blocked

4 The land claim system (holds head in hands) Please say you are doing something for PVE, and not letting 1 company have control of the whole island

5 Ship building, any plans for more types of ships (e.g unarmed cargo) more add-on for ships (e.g cabins) different types of panels and sails (e.g panels with built-in landers)

6  Ship movement, any plans for a massive increase to minimum wind speed, also wind direction, weight to speed loss and weather ( omg how much fog)

7 Transfer of resources, I think this one speaks for itself

• Like 1

Any new ship types in the future? Anything in between the current types?

What about a resource box that was discussed some time ago that would repair or upkeep your structures on lawless?

Any plans to make group content such as kraken or yeti caves attainable by solo players?

Sails seem to be incredibly one sided when it comes to long sea battles and what is the better "meta" option. Is there any changes on sails planned?

Please keep this to questions for the Live Stream.  It is not a thread for debate.

Thanks.

I have posted my four questions earlier in this thread but as I advance through the game one major question popped into my head: 

5) Are you going to do something about those terrible, soul-crushing player base load times? I understand a slight delay like in Ark but in Atlas it's really bad. I mean - I live on a small island (26 points) and when I do something on one end and then go back to the other end i often have to wait for my base to load again - and don't get me started on bumping into other player's structures.... so far I find this being one of the biggest issues this game has. Do you have any solution planned for this? 

Have you decided to shift the focus of the game from land bases and land battles more towards ships and ship battles in the future?

Closing this thread now as we collate questions and prepare for the Stream. 

Thank you everyone!