Jump to content

Cpt.Yarrr

To the entire team of ATLAS, including CEOs and stockholders.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Realist said:

It is almost the same team. Multiple members of wildcard went to grapeshot. Also, ark modders got hired on with grapeshot. The main bosses jeremy and Jesse also went to grapeshot.

they have a different name but many of the same team members

Yes, the YARK team got picked up to work on Atlas. Also, the majority of people working on Atlas were those who were unhappy with the QOL support Ark has gotten despite there being what... Three paid DLC and another on the way?

Come on dude.

Your problems are with Ark. You complain about problems Ark has, not Atlas.

You don't play Atlas....


You are waiting for a console release.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

Yes, the YARK team got picked up to work on Atlas. Also, the majority of people working on Atlas were those who were unhappy with the QOL support Ark has gotten despite there being what... Three paid DLC and another on the way?

Come on dude.

Your problems are with Ark. You complain about problems Ark has, not Atlas.

You don't play Atlas....


You are waiting for a console release.

 

My problem is with Jeremy. E is the reason that ark was the way it was. You also just completely lied right there.

the good stayed with wildcard. The bad went with grapeshot. The main reason I know that is because Ced is still with wildcard and he is one of the most active community managers I have seen.

jeremy was the problem and now ark is flourishing while atlas is sinking. If you haven’t noticed all of the bad decisions and followed with atlas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Realist said:

jeremy was the problem and now ark is flourishing while atlas is sinking. If you haven’t noticed all of the bad decisions and followed with atlas. 

LOL No.


Atlas has SO many fixes to the shit thats broken with Ark. The problem is other players and PvP imbalance. Why do you think PvE is getting more popular?

People still like Atlas, just not the PvP.

Just shut your yammer about the game 'til it comes out please.

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2019 at 12:13 PM, Realist said:

Ok so you hurled a few insults and said some stuff that wasn’t true at all. Ok.

we should be fine with sub par work. Also ok.

you hope they are already working on something new? They are only 8 months into this game that is in a 2 year EA phase. If they were working on something new then that means they were total failures lol.

so should they just keep making new games every 8 months and never finish them? That doesn’t seem talented to me, that just sounds irresponsible to say they least.

whats your criteria of a 'finished' game? 

oh right there isnt one, the biggest issue is an entitled playerbase that has neither any grasp the realities of or the technical challenges that go along with a project of this magnitude, yet  here you all are keep demanding free support  for a 13$ dollar purchase that your parents spent over six months ago.  like i said, let some air into that dwelling, it will do wonders in the long run😉

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

People still like Atlas, just not the PvP.

not rly.....no

image.thumb.png.06c601f4126cbaed9148e923edacb2df.png

 

image.png.3e0d4e66d855442399fa4daedb5f8dc3.png

the problem is ATLAS not only its pvp

Edited by The D Legacy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 987962 said:

whats your criteria of a 'finished' game? 

oh right there isnt one, the biggest issue is an entitled playerbase that has neither any grasp the realities of or the technical challenges that go along with a project of this magnitude, yet  here you all are keep demanding free support  for a 13$ dollar purchase that your parents spent over six months ago.  like i said, let some air into that dwelling, it will do wonders in the long run😉

you want criteria of a finished game in 2019?? how about this:

gg.PNG

once again the problem with the game is not the technical state, rather for example the fact that the team is focusing in other projects as atlas xbox and ark genesis at the same time and also as i have stated in other posts:

-Decay system (psychological tactic used to force you to log in the game, is part of what big scum companies like Ubisoft call "live services")

-Lack of a meaningfull progression

-Content hidden behind groupal activities

-Lack of ingame logic (pirates are forced to live under a feudal lord, submarines fire ballista ammo instead of torpedos, boats can fire torpedos instead of cannon balls, bows have higher DPS than guns, etc)

-Usless skill tree branches (the only reason to go for the weapons skill branch is the carbine since we all know bows have higher DPS and versatility than guns)

-Ship upgrades dont feel meaningfull and are lost upong ship sinking (wich forces you to not use that ship you worked hard for due to high risk low reward situations)

-SotD gold drops are stupidly low wich forces you to do treasures (being forced to do something you might not like doesnt rly feel like the life a pirate would choose)

-Time and effort put in the game doesnt feel rewarding

-Game feels very unfriendly towards solo players (having to stop after each fight to manually repair the ship breaks the immersion)

-Unnecessary nerfs of fun features like guns and gliders

-Exploration is boring, repetitive, tedious and unrewarding

-Sailing is boring, and overly simplistic (no special skills, no cool animations, only fire cannons, fire cannons again, and fire cannons until you fall sleep)

-Earning gold feels meaningless (there is no cool goal to grind gold for in PvE) also not enough variety in ways to obtain gold other than treasure chests (SotDs should drop gold, not fucking people)

as you see most atlas's problems are concepts wrongly implemented, is not even about the money or the shady tactics they use, is about companies in 2019 delivering low quality products under the excuse of "early access", it only hurts the developers who really need to gather money to keep up on their projects by releasing early access, i can guaratee you many people see this as a learning experience to never buy early access games again (and all that because some greedy bastards) if you rly want to support early acces games, you cannot help to normalize games being released in this lame state

Edited by The D Legacy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 987962 said:

whats your criteria of a 'finished' game? 

oh right there isnt one, the biggest issue is an entitled playerbase that has neither any grasp the realities of or the technical challenges that go along with a project of this magnitude, yet  here you all are keep demanding free support  for a 13$ dollar purchase that your parents spent over six months ago.  like i said, let some air into that dwelling, it will do wonders in the long run😉

Woah. 

Stop right there. 

There is so much wrong with this post I'm gonna have to make a list, so buckle up.

1. My criteria of a finished game, whatever it might be, is DEFINITELY somewhere above where Atlas currently is. Lack of meaningful content, lack of core MMO game systems like group finder or hell even grouping at all, ongoing experimentation with key design functionality like claim systems, many islands being copies of each other just rotated and with different biomes on them. All of these things and many more point to Atlas being miles away from a finished game and it matters little what another poster's exact definition of their criteria might be when the game being discussed is nowhere near any reasonable person's definition of such. Not even the devs.  We are 8 months into what they said would be a 2 year EA.

2. I don't need to grasp the technical challenges that go along with "a project of this magnitude" any more than you need to understand the technical challenges of designing the car you drive. All you need to know is that if it doesn't have a transmission or brakes, you're not getting in it, are you? And you definitely know enough to know that if it leaves you by the side of the road 5 miles after leaving the dealership, something is not up to par. I do need to have patience and not show up at the head engineer's house while he's still designing it and complain that I didn't win the Indy 500 with his prototype, but that is meaningfully different from what you're asserting, which is that somehow we need extensive technical knowledge to offer any criticism or feedback of the game in it's current state when in fact all we need is the ability to compare it to similar games we've already played. You can compare cars without needing to know how to build or design one, it's the same with games.

3. "...demanding free support for a 13$ purchase..." There is so much wrong with this statement I almost don't know where to start, but here we go. First of all, the statement itself demonstrates a lack of understanding of both Early Access and the MMO genre. The game is unfinished, of course it still needs support. How can you even argue we aren't owed support for a product that is clearly sold as not yet completed? The idea in and of itself boggles the mind. Secondly MMO's even when completed and released require support indefinitely because they entail ongoing development. New content is always being added over time (in theory), so support should always be ongoing because new issues will always pop up. This genre is not a static product that ever reaches a state where no further support is needed. 

4. "....$13 purchase that your parents spent over six months ago."  Look dude, it's 2019. I don't know if you've realized it or not, but there are a hell of a lot of gamers that don't fit your 1996 football jock's idea of what gamers are that was never valid. I'm a grown man with a career and all of the responsibilities and experience of an adult. I've been playing online games since 2004, and if you think I'm some kind of exception to the rule in this regard your overall impression of gamers is woefully off base. None of us appreciate your condescending characterization of people that disagree with you as immature brats. You would do well to disabuse yourself of this notion, as this statement says far more about you and your wrongheaded assumptions than it does about the people you're talking about.

5. "...let some air into that dwelling, it will do wonders into the long run." Funny, based on your prior statements in this post, maybe I should say the same about you. Again, it's 2019, characterizing gamers as socially inept shut ins who do nothing but sit in the mythical parents basement and play games without expose to the outside world is a notion that is far removed from reality. Video games are now a bigger industry than Hollywood:

https://lpesports.com/e-sports-news/the-video-games-industry-is-bigger-than-hollywood

Or do you also think everyone who goes to movies is just some lonely nobody who sits in the dark munching popcorn because they have no other life?  If you do, again it says far more about you than it does about the people you're slandering this way.

6. "entitled playerbase" This game's first half year and change have turned out to be one of the least auspicious beginnings to just about any game ever. Atlas is currently an industry poster child for how NOT to do an Early Access launch or game. While the opera ain't over til the fat lady sings, blaming the few remaining players that are still here, still playing and offering feedback and input to the game's developers and calling them entitled is unfair and a bit mind boggling. The entitled left a long time ago, they took one look at the game's buggy barely playable state and left within the first week, maybe the first month, by the wipe at the very latest. Anyone still here has stuck with this game through thick and thin (mostly thin) because they are either enjoying it despite it's myriad issues, or they see potential for it to be something worth their time down the road. For you to paint us all with the broad brush you have based on your half baked assessment of who and what we are says (anyone sensing a theme here?) more about you than it does about us.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Woah. 

Stop right there. 

There is so much wrong with this post I'm gonna have to make a list, so buckle up.

1. My criteria of a finished game, whatever it might be, is DEFINITELY somewhere above where Atlas currently is. Lack of meaningful content, lack of core MMO game systems like group finder or hell even grouping at all, ongoing experimentation with key design functionality like claim systems, many islands being copies of each other just rotated and with different biomes on them. All of these things and many more point to Atlas being miles away from a finished game and it matters little what another poster's exact definition of their criteria might be when the game being discussed is nowhere near any reasonable person's definition of such. Not even the devs.  We are 8 months into what they said would be a 2 year EA.

2. I don't need to grasp the technical challenges that go along with "a project of this magnitude" any more than you need to understand the technical challenges of designing the car you drive. All you need to know is that if it doesn't have a transmission or brakes, you're not getting in it, are you? And you definitely know enough to know that if it leaves you by the side of the road 5 miles after leaving the dealership, something is not up to par. I do need to have patience and not show up at the head engineer's house while he's still designing it and complain that I didn't win the Indy 500 with his prototype, but that is meaningfully different from what you're asserting, which is that somehow we need extensive technical knowledge to offer any criticism or feedback of the game in it's current state when in fact all we need is the ability to compare it to similar games we've already played. You can compare cars without needing to know how to build or design one, it's the same with games.

3. "...demanding free support for a 13$ purchase..." There is so much wrong with this statement I almost don't know where to start, but here we go. First of all, the statement itself demonstrates a lack of understanding of both Early Access and the MMO genre. The game is unfinished, of course it still needs support. How can you even argue we aren't owed support for a product that is clearly sold as not yet completed? The idea in and of itself boggles the mind. Secondly MMO's even when completed and released require support indefinitely because they entail ongoing development. New content is always being added over time (in theory), so support should always be ongoing because new issues will always pop up. This genre is not a static product that ever reaches a state where no further support is needed. 

4. "....$13 purchase that your parents spent over six months ago."  Look dude, it's 2019. I don't know if you've realized it or not, but there are a hell of a lot of gamers that don't fit your 1996 football jock's idea of what gamers are that was never valid. I'm a grown man with a career and all of the responsibilities and experience of an adult. I've been playing online games since 2004, and if you think I'm some kind of exception to the rule in this regard your overall impression of gamers is woefully off base. None of us appreciate your condescending characterization of people that disagree with you as immature brats. You would do well to disabuse yourself of this notion, as this statement says far more about you and your wrongheaded assumptions than it does about the people you're talking about.

5. "...let some air into that dwelling, it will do wonders into the long run." Funny, based on your prior statements in this post, maybe I should say the same about you. Again, it's 2019, characterizing gamers as socially inept shut ins who do nothing but sit in the mythical parents basement and play games without expose to the outside world is a notion that is far removed from reality. Video games are now a bigger industry than Hollywood:

https://lpesports.com/e-sports-news/the-video-games-industry-is-bigger-than-hollywood

Or do you also think everyone who goes to movies is just some lonely nobody who sits in the dark munching popcorn because they have no other life?  If you do, again it says far more about you than it does about the people you're slandering this way.

6. "entitled playerbase" This game's first half year and change have turned out to be one of the least auspicious beginnings to just about any game ever. Atlas is currently an industry poster child for how NOT to do an Early Access launch or game. While the opera ain't over til the fat lady sings, blaming the few remaining players that are still here, still playing and offering feedback and input to the game's developers and calling them entitled is unfair and a bit mind boggling. The entitled left a long time ago, they took one look at the game's buggy barely playable state and left within the first week, maybe the first month, by the wipe at the very latest. Anyone still here has stuck with this game through thick and thin (mostly thin) because they are either enjoying it despite it's myriad issues, or they see potential for it to be something worth their time down the road. For you to paint us all with the broad brush you have based on your half baked assessment of who and what we are says (anyone sensing a theme here?) more about you than it does about us.

Damn boomer, get him lol. I could sense a little bit of fire through your normally calm tone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Realist said:

Damn boomer, get him lol. I could sense a little bit of fire through your normally calm tone.

Eh, I go through phases with my writing style over time. I try to keep it more conversational because that’s easier to read, but sometimes I get stuck in analytical style for a while. Sulferblade’s Star Trek list the other day put me on notice that my writing has been a bit dry for a while now, so I’m trying to put some gravy on the turkey so to speak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The D Legacy said:

not rly.....no

image.thumb.png.06c601f4126cbaed9148e923edacb2df.png

 

image.png.3e0d4e66d855442399fa4daedb5f8dc3.png

the problem is ATLAS not only its pvp

Traue keiner Statistik, die Du nicht selber gefälscht hast.

Where are all the players, who play SP or on unofficial servers? 

Once again: don't mind too much into the playerbase counts. Other games like OotoW never had a great playerbase, is in EA since March and the community there don't whine about the playerbase. But - you will make big eyes - they continue to develop it. And if you look closer: nearly all of the EA games don't get a 5k playerbase. So atlas is a or THE exception and we can be glad that it's like that. 

And don't say that in the beginning of atlas were 30k player and now nothing more. Think about it and surely you will figure out, that this is explainable by the huge amount of ark players who wanted to check it out. Maybe a lot of people will restart again if the game is in a better state than now. But who knows... I don't. 

So let me repeat: don't mind about. It just starts hurting in your head and solves or changes absolutely nothing about the entire situation we're in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

Traue keiner Statistik, die Du nicht selber gefälscht hast.

Where are all the players, who play SP or on unofficial servers? 

Once again: don't mind too much into the playerbase counts. Other games like OotoW never had a great playerbase, is in EA since March and the community there don't whine about the playerbase. But - you will make big eyes - they continue to develop it. And if you look closer: nearly all of the EA games don't get a 5k playerbase. So atlas is a or THE exception and we can be glad that it's like that. 

And don't say that in the beginning of atlas were 30k player and now nothing more. Think about it and surely you will figure out, that this is explainable by the huge amount of ark players who wanted to check it out. Maybe a lot of people will restart again if the game is in a better state than now. But who knows... I don't. 

So let me repeat: don't mind about. It just starts hurting in your head and solves or changes absolutely nothing about the entire situation we're in.

Well i am a solo player so the overall population of ATLAS doesnt matter to me at all to be honest, is funny to see people doing their stuff here and there and looting them when they get rekt by creatures but thats about it, but i shall remind you the topic at had was "is it atlas the problem? or is it its pvp?" so the data i presented is very representative

Maybe a lot of people will restart again if the game is in a better state than now

then you agree that the problem is the game and not only the pvp? i mean it can be both, but i believe we cannot say the fault is entirely to the pvp system since by that logic the PvE would be crowded, right?

in any case time will tell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

Eh, I go through phases with my writing style over time. I try to keep it more conversational because that’s easier to read, but sometimes I get stuck in analytical style for a while. Sulferblade’s Star Trek list the other day put me on notice that my writing has been a bit dry for a while now, so I’m trying to put some gravy on the turkey so to speak.

He did pretty good with his comparisons though to be honest 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Forb Hidden said:

Traue keiner Statistik, die Du nicht selber gefälscht hast.

Where are all the players, who play SP or on unofficial servers? 

Once again: don't mind too much into the playerbase counts. Other games like OotoW never had a great playerbase, is in EA since March and the community there don't whine about the playerbase. But - you will make big eyes - they continue to develop it. And if you look closer: nearly all of the EA games don't get a 5k playerbase. So atlas is a or THE exception and we can be glad that it's like that. 

And don't say that in the beginning of atlas were 30k player and now nothing more. Think about it and surely you will figure out, that this is explainable by the huge amount of ark players who wanted to check it out. Maybe a lot of people will restart again if the game is in a better state than now. But who knows... I don't. 

So let me repeat: don't mind about. It just starts hurting in your head and solves or changes absolutely nothing about the entire situation we're in.

If you want to see the unofficial/sp numbers you have to take the current atlas steam charts and minus the number of players from the atlas player tracker. 

Atlas steamcharts does give the total number of players of both official and unofficial 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The D Legacy said:

Well i am a solo player so the overall population of ATLAS doesnt matter to me at all to be honest, is funny to see people doing their stuff here and there and looting them when they get rekt by creatures but thats about it, but i shall remind you the topic at had was "is it atlas the problem? or is it its pvp?" so the data i presented is very representative

Maybe a lot of people will restart again if the game is in a better state than now

then you agree that the problem is the game and not only the pvp? i mean it can be both, but i believe we cannot say the fault is entirely to the pvp system since by that logic the PvE would be crowded, right?

in any case time will tell

I talked about the playerbase. I didn't loose any word about pvp. 

And yeah, maybe they will. We will see.

11 minutes ago, Realist said:

If you want to see the unofficial/sp numbers you have to take the current atlas steam charts and minus the number of players from the atlas player tracker. 

Atlas steamcharts does give the total number of players of both official and unofficial 

yeah and for a ea game it's a lot of people. 3...5k each day. Do you know other ea games who get the same amount?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 6:38 AM, Sheepshooter said:

After that it was back to the roots - lets make Atlas more ARK and bring in more tames every patch so people might like it, it worked for ARK - unfortunately the ARK players in Atlas are not here for the tames...

I have played ARK for more than 3 years and now ATLAS since EA launch and yes, I did come here for the building, adventuring, pvp, and taming. But there are already enough creatures to tame so I am pleasantly happy, ATLAS no longer needs any more new creatures to tame. I would like the DEVS to focus on fixing all of the broken game mechanics, Pirate-oriented aspects, and implement AI humanoids that team up with one another, gathering, hunting, taming, building, sailing, and player killing. This would liven the world up as the real player base is so sparse. Unfortunately, you seem to be steering your MMO with over 40k simultaneous player capable game into a low population and solo playstyle community, so the extra AI companies would provide the appearance of activity and offer something for us players to contend with...

*NOTE: Grapeshot, you should seriously consider firing/reassigning your community managers as they have failed miserably at their job and are actively destroying your IP.

We, your faithful community of players that have been with you from the start, actually KNOW what ATLAS needs to become playable and enticing to the masses but your community managers continue to ignore our posts.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vaylain said:

We, your faithful community of players that have been with you from the start, actually KNOW what ATLAS needs to become playable and enticing to the masses but your community managers continue to ignore our posts.

 

Don't say so. Last week jat answered a few questions in the official forum...

*ironic off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Forb Hidden said:

 

yeah and for a ea game it's a lot of people. 3...5k each day. Do you know other ea games who get the same amount?

 

Ark averaged about 40k average for over 3 years since the very first month

edit: that is average not peak. Peak is much higher. 

Edited by Realist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Realist said:

Ark averaged about 40k average for over 3 years since the very first month

edit: that is average not peak. Peak is much higher. 

ark and Atlas is like apples and oranges. 

Ark was (like WoW then) a pioneer and nearly the only one like this. Or EvE, tetris or super mario. 

Atlas today is just another "survival, sandbox mmo" in a fancy pirate style. The hype is over and a lot of frustrated players wait now for the fixed version of atlas to take another ride with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Forb Hidden said:

ark and Atlas is like apples and oranges. 

Ark was (like WoW then) a pioneer and nearly the only one like this. Or EvE, tetris or super mario. 

Atlas today is just another "survival, sandbox mmo" in a fancy pirate style. The hype is over and a lot of frustrated players wait now for the fixed version of atlas to take another ride with.

You just asked if there was an EA game with better numbers lol

and btw everything is apples compared to the orange that is atlas.

it is such a hodge podge of random stuff that is probably doesn’t even know what it’s own pro nouns would be if it was human lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/14/2019 at 6:39 AM, Forb Hidden said:

Think about it and surely you will figure out, that this is explainable by the huge amount of ark players who wanted to check it out.

a-group-of-people-pointing-up-stock-image__u24969292.jpg.2af9f2ff976e5d58709d974f2b0cfca6.jpg

23 hours ago, Realist said:

Ark averaged about 40k average for over 3 years since the very first month

edit: that is average not peak. Peak is much higher.

Totally has nothing to do with the amount of babysitting breed animals require.

21 hours ago, Realist said:

it is such a hodge podge of random stuff that is probably doesn’t even know what it’s own pro nouns would be if it was human lol


Cut it with the *phobic shit.

On 8/14/2019 at 10:00 AM, vaylain said:

We, your faithful community of players that have been with you from the start, actually KNOW what ATLAS needs to become playable and enticing to the masses but your community managers continue to ignore our posts.

You know you can  message them directly and they are  usually really good about replying right?

Edited by PeglegTheAngry
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

 


Cut it with the *phobic shit.

 

Evidently you have no clue what phobic is. I never said I didn’t like or feared anyone. That wasn’t even an insult to anyone. Another term that is overly used. Smh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Realist said:

Evidently you have no clue what phobic is. I never said I didn’t like or feared anyone. That wasn’t even an insult to anyone. Another term that is overly used. Smh

Yeah, my initial read on you was right.

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×