Cpt.Yarrr

To the entire team of ATLAS, including CEOs and stockholders.

14 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

indeed, most of the core mechanics are just poorly designed, they have put effort in the game content but not brain, a MMO needs to appeal to a great vaiety of people to be successful yet they are focusing in a single type of players and even in that regard they are failing, sadly.

Yeah they made it too “niche”. Pirate survival with taming is only going to appeal to the 2-3k people that are playing.

they need factions and a ton of quests. Just those two would be a huge step. The good thing is with factions they would have to get rid of the crappy claim system which would also be awesome 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah WoW is hands down the best mmo that was ever made. Like nobody is even a close second.

but just look at what is going on so far. There are already a lot of tames and there is already a lot of survival, which is the two things I said they are good at. People might have said that about blizzard but they actually made an mmo.

in order for atlas to be a real mmo they would have to pretty much delete the whole game and start from scratch. I don’t see that happening though, even though that would be good. I just don’t see it it being an mmo. This is a pirate survival game where you can tames animals and once again that is fine, but that is what it is.

The biggest single thing that separates blizzard from grapeshot is that blizzard has a history of always continuously working on their game's balance.

They do not always get it right on the 1st attempt with what they're doing, but they keep doing it, and in the long run, imbalances will be dealt with.

Moreover, they have a strong knowledge that when you let one group of players fuck over another group, you are probably going to lose both groups in the end.

As to my knowledge, the total number of perceivable things grapeshot did in order to remedy the current terrible balance nightmare is:

0 (zero)

And they seem to live in constant fear of doing anything that would weaken the mega corps, presumably because they imagine that those are the largest part of their player base and they can't afford to lose that, right?

The way i see it, the primary reason they want me to play the game at all is so that i can be farmed by bigger corps.

The fun of many is more important than the fun of the few, right.

But i'm having none of that any more.

Let's hope they continue to find enough of those few who are willing to sacrifice their own fun for the greater cause (read: greater corps).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, user1 said:

The biggest single thing that separates blizzard from grapeshot is that blizzard has a history of always continuously working on their game's balance.

They do not always get it right on the 1st attempt with what they're doing, but they keep doing it, and in the long run, imbalances will be dealt with.

Moreover, they have a strong knowledge that when you let one group of players fuck over another group, you are probably going to lose both groups in the end.

As to my knowledge, the total number of perceivable things grapeshot did in order to remedy the current terrible balance nightmare is:

0 (zero)

And they seem to live in constant fear of doing anything that would weaken the mega corps, presumably because they imagine that those are the largest part of their player base and they can't afford to lose that, right?

The way i see it, the primary reason they want me to play the game at all is so that i can be farmed by bigger corps.

The fun of many is more important than the fun of the few, right.

But i'm having none of that any more.

Let's hope they continue to find enough of those few who are willing to sacrifice their own fun for the greater cause (read: greater corps).

Man, those words rang true as I read them.  It has always been pretty obvious that they favor Megas even back from ark. It is sad but true.

good read though. You could feel the feelings in those words. And that is what the devs need to do 

Just fix land pvp already. We've been stuck in a bola torpor meta for months now. Pvp when everyone was around level 50 was actually fun, now that everyone have 400 hp and it takes 1 minute plus to kill anyone thats not naked is boring af.

You can change what ever else in the game but as long as the core game mechanics are this poorly thought out pvp is gonna be slow, boring and purely based on how many hours you have spent digging up treasures. Fix the health attribute and bring skill back to pvp.

Edited by Pant

How much players are now on PvP servers ? SOmeone said he sail 6 grids and there was 4 players in total count. I assume there is like 200 players per day who log in just to check "if its all ok ".

34 minutes ago, Cascco said:

How much players are now on PvP servers ? SOmeone said he sail 6 grids and there was 4 players in total count. I assume there is like 200 players per day who log in just to check "if its all ok ".

Even though steam charts is broken at the moment the last average for total players(official and unofficial) was 2800. The split is usually about 60% on official and 40% on unofficial. So that would roughly put official at 1600 or so average.

that 1600 is split into the 4 clusters of Eu and na pvp and pve. Pvp is higher than pve but Eu pve is actually just as high for the most part. Na pve is lower.

an even split would be 400 per cluster, you pretty much the averages are 500 na pvp, 500 Eu pvp, 400 Eu pve and 200 na pve.

since there is 225 grids on a cluster, the average players per grid is around 2

I've played WOW a lot and also ESO, WOW is a pay to play mmo and no way can that compare to atlas, It has also lost a lot of players through game changes in the past.ESO is buy to play and they are probably one of the best mmo's around that don't constantly charge.But when they changed the levelling system and  called it tam one they totally ignored all the long term players when we said it was a bad move and instead listened to the new players who said it was a great idea. consequently a lot of the areas are empty now and all the fanboys are gone. The long term players still play though but it's not nearly as good as it once was. In a way these forums are a double edged sword for atlas because people make suggestions and want to see they have been listened to.If Atlas had no forums you would just either buy the game or not buy it based on game reviews, this forum, though it is good to communicate with other players, is harming the games development. There are too many ideas being put forward and far too much negative commenting that is destructive. If the devs tried to please everyone on this forum they wouldn't know which way was north. I still really like the game and I hope it achieves the potential it's capable of, I for one will buy the xbox version too. I wish it every success.  

On 8/8/2019 at 12:03 PM, Cpt.Yarrr said:

Let me start off with this first, I'm a PvE player so this goes from PvE only (my view);

the following is not meant to be too sarcastic but you guys really have done a great job in letting the (almost) entirely community go to the bottom of the sea and even deeper.

Why? Thats an answer you all know, the silence on all threads and only responses on the Blackwood thread makes it even harder for the majority of players to even making it worth while to comment on this forum. 

Here goes;

Almost 1600 hours playtime. Thats how many I got since the release in december 2018. Good deal for a game wich costed me about 20 euros. 

When I saw the anouncement; ATLAS, a MMO with 40K players. THE pirategame where you can tame and breed animals, NPCs and even companymembers, I was stunned. Finally a game wich lives up to my name and created by the people from ARK. I just loved ARK and almost everything about it. I often wondered how it was like to sail around in a pirateship and do the same as in ARK.  Taming, basebuilding, making awesomely insane ships, upgrading canons/weapons and so on. Now we got the chance of fighting pirates and all what came with it.

Hyped.

Everyone got hyped, we watched the TWITCH channel for the release and even when it got delayed, people still wanted this game so badly. It looked like you guys hit it spot on. We all where gathering old friends to buy this game and set up companies. Opened up multiple Discord channels and we where LOVING it. In the next weeks after release, we got alot of patches, the game is in EA and it needed alot of tweaking. Players where giving alot of tips and bugs and we had the feeling you guys learned from ARK and finally stood closer to the community then before.

Then; the wipe.

The wipe was something needed, we all can agree on that. New players where given a chance to try and get an island for their own, next to alot of improvements such as the claimingsystem. We where all hoping for more "piratecontent", wich was promised to us. More boats/different canons/breeding NPCs/villages bursting with activities like in the anouncements. We also got a skin for helping you guys out. (ikr), communitymanagers where appointed to keep in touch, but to be honest, here it stopped. Entirely. I'll never forget your face Jat, when people where spamming the TWITCH feed with comments like; Where are the new shipbuilds? Why is there a charwipe? Why don't you fix bugs? It was there and then we said as an alliance;" He's in way over his head, this game will never leave EA." 

Griefing.

Players and companies where being griefed big time. Like us, we tried to get help in alot of ways. The only response I got, after 3 days of continiously spamming the the "ticketbox"; "I see what I can do, but I can not give you any info from here on." Thanks for that, I guess. Alot of companies where not having the "luck" of being smarter then the one who griefed them, they also tried to get in touch and/or help, but nothing happened. They left and felt like being stabbed in the back, most of them never will return. I remember and issue with one of our allies at that time, they went on and on and on for weeks on the Discord from ATLAS. Finally they got help from one of the admins. It was solved in 5 minutes, the griefing player was warned firmly and it was solved. 5 Minutes it took for the admin, was it that much for the other admins to do this? And before everyone goes ranting on them, remember they are being told to do things. Or not.

The "Mega updates". 

You gotta be kidding me? That was our first reaction. Unreal, we get a, yes people; A Ron Jeremy of camels. I still can not believe it, an animal to make salt water tastes sweet, it feels like a screwup wich was done with sweet waterspots during the design of the game. No new ship designs, no new canons... Erm, ok, we got a torpedolauncher wich is almost completely useless on at least PvE and wich is expensive as.... 

For soloplayers/little companies? Nothing changed, it has gotten worse.

Foundation and pillerspam? Some companies think it's normal to bomb places entirely, still happening. I asked once if a company wanted to remover theirs, I got so much BS about it, now they even made all of the floors 5 wide. "We just want to prevent other people from building there, due to the resources." And how about blocking other players to build? "There is space enuf now, let them keep on searching..." Sigh... pathetic. And not a single person from ATLAS does something about it. 

July mega update?  It's august ffs. We don't even want to know the updates anymore and alot of players do not even care anymore. We know we're getting new animals and a new gun. That's not wat we want;

WE WANT NEW SHIPS, NEW PIRATE CONTENT, BREEDING NPCS, NO MORE BROKEN PROMISSES! 

I do not care anymore about fixing, for instance, the so much hated building bug? Keep it, you guys know how to fix it, but leave it please. It has been fixed by a couple of modmakers. And in this rate with the game being drowned, we all go to unofficials. 

This game should NEVER been thrown into EA. It has been completely changed since it has been introduced as a "Pirate MMO with 40K players."

Too bad to see all players go, people we got to know in the last 6 months are mostly gone allready. They will not return, so be happy with their cash.

I really couldn't care any less if one of you responded or not anymore. Only one thing me and alot of players want to know now;

Is this game going to be as it was sold to us or not?

Seriously man i dont understand where your problem is, Jat already said several times, that they work on all that especially more content, ship types etc... I m a passionate PVE player myself and agree on some of your points but in  general theres nothing to complain about as we know they have limited resources and they just can do things step by step and it will take time to get all we want. In the last time theire forum activity has increased and i m pretty sure they listen and reading our posts and feedbacks. I guess its just a question of time till we get what we want/need.

Edited by Egon von Sturmberg
  • Confused 1

Part of problem is that the developers/staff are in some discords other than official. These players have a chance to talk to the team and feed back to the team so they feel heard. Many here have to wait on the information from the team via the official network be it forum and discord and there has been no word from the team.  It has been awfully quiet and yes we know whens its quiet there is a possibility of something good to be released. Perhaps they could do something like 7dtd and have a Devs Dairy in the forums. This could let everyone know what they are working on and what issues they are  working with. They have two community staff that also could drop information into it and it dosnt have to be weekly. That way more information is out on the community and it have a better flow of information between all parties. 

A Devs dairy also might shed some light to on why they made a decision or removed a feature they said they were going to add at the time. Not everyone here understands coding or putting a game together. I know through the 7dtd Dev dairy I was better understand what was happening with the game and was totally fascinated at how they worked out AI pathing and all that went into just to get a zombie to attack a building on horde night. This also helped to stop some of the anger and frustration in the community and brought in more players. They dont have alot of time to get information out in a stream and you can see they have and want to share more of what they are able to in the time allowed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lethal Angel said:

Part of problem is that the developers/staff are in some discords other than official. These players have a chance to talk to the team and feed back to the team so they feel heard. Many here have to wait on the information from the team via the official network be it forum and discord and there has been no word from the team.  It has been awfully quiet and yes we know whens its quiet there is a possibility of something good to be released. Perhaps they could do something like 7dtd and have a Devs Dairy in the forums. This could let everyone know what they are working on and what issues they are  working with. They have two community staff that also could drop information into it and it dosnt have to be weekly. That way more information is out on the community and it have a better flow of information between all parties.  

A thing to keep in mind is that this is NOT the Ark team. I have spoken directly with Jat and Dollie just by PMing them here.

They are NOT hard to reach.

1 hour ago, Lethal Angel said:

A Devs dairy also might shed some light to on why they made a decision or removed a feature they said they were going to add at the time. Not everyone here understands coding or putting a game together. I know through the 7dtd Dev dairy I was better understand what was happening with the game and was totally fascinated at how they worked out AI pathing and all that went into just to get a zombie to attack a building on horde night. This also helped to stop some of the anger and frustration in the community and brought in more players. They dont have alot of time to get information out in a stream and you can see they have and want to share more of what they are able to in the time allowed.

Yeah they had a captains log that was informative and also on a weekly(almost) basis. That doesn’t happen anymore. They just stopped doing it. 

39 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

A thing to keep in mind is that this is NOT the Ark team. I have spoken directly with Jat and Dollie just by PMing them here.

The ark team is now better than anything the atlas team could aspire to be.

Ced is kicking butt on Twitter. I have seen him on their posting any problems or fixes at least 5 times a day. He also replies to numerous people on Twitter every single day.

i have actually had about a 10 tweet convo with him a week or two ago. He has actually become one of the most active devs I have seen on social media. I am pretty sure that is because jeremy(boss) is now with grapeshot/atlas.

there has been a slight increase in communication, I will give them that but many things have also faltered. 

Lets see how active they actually get

Edited by Realist

39 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

Oh yeah, and yes it is a good portion of the ark team especially upper management. As well as ark modders so yeah it’s the “old” ark team. 

The new ark team is working wonders with fixes and communication 

20 euros /1500 hours of ingame time = 0.01 eur per entertainment hour... 

you kids need to grow the fk up, these guys are talented devs that i hope already working on something new as ill be the first one to buy it. 

if you except that someone owes you years worth of servitude for a few dollars then i suggest you open the basement window and look out into the real world for a moment..  

3 hours ago, 987962 said:

20 euros /1500 hours of ingame time = 0.01 eur per entertainment hour... 

you kids need to grow the fk up, these guys are talented devs that i hope already working on something new as ill be the first one to buy it. 

if you except that someone owes you years worth of servitude for a few dollars then i suggest you open the basement window and look out into the real world for a moment..  

Ok so you hurled a few insults and said some stuff that wasn’t true at all. Ok.

we should be fine with sub par work. Also ok.

you hope they are already working on something new? They are only 8 months into this game that is in a 2 year EA phase. If they were working on something new then that means they were total failures lol.

so should they just keep making new games every 8 months and never finish them? That doesn’t seem talented to me, that just sounds irresponsible to say they least.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 4:46 PM, Realist said:

The new ark team is working wonders with fixes and communication 
___________________________________________________________________________________

The ark team is now better than anything the atlas team could aspire to be.

Ced is kicking butt on Twitter. I have seen him on their posting any problems or fixes at least 5 times a day. He also replies to numerous people on Twitter every single day.

i have actually had about a 10 tweet convo with him a week or two ago. He has actually become one of the most active devs I have seen on social media. I am pretty sure that is because jeremy(boss) is now with grapeshot/atlas.

there has been a slight increase in communication, I will give them that but many things have also faltered. 

Lets see how active they actually get

New expansion coming. Servers still run like they are wheelchair bound.

On 8/10/2019 at 4:13 AM, Realist said:

you hope they are already working on something new? They are only 8 months into this game that is in a 2 year EA phase. If they were working on something new then that means they were total failures lol. 

You know that dev teams work on more  than one project at a time right?

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

16 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

New expansion coming. Servers still run like they are wheelchair bound.

You know that dev teams work on more  than one project at a time right?

Could have fooled me with these guys 😂

Just now, Realist said:

Could have fooled me with these guys 😂

At least every shot I  take lands on "these guys" servers.

Go pop on an offical Ark server and tell me how many of your shots don't connect.

4 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

At least every shot I  take lands on "these guys" servers.

Go pop on an offical Ark server and tell me how many of your shots don't connect.

Well I play on console and ark has run fine for a couple of years now. Was still playing it a few weeks ago and the servers ran fine. Even the new valguero map was running good. Had good ping and everything.

i guess I just have good aim.

7 minutes ago, Realist said:

Well I play on console

Well, I found your problem. You base everything about Atlas on your console Ark experience.

They aren't the same game, and frankly you shouldn't even be here. You are obviously here to troll, or you are the embodiment of the
Dunning Kruger effect.

7 minutes ago, Realist said:

i guess I just have good aim.

Console version has autoaim. Don't @ me with your console kid crap.

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

Just now, PeglegTheAngry said:

Well, I found your problem. You base everything about Atlas on your console Ark experience.

They aren't the same game.

Console version has autoaim

No, it most certainly does not. Even if it did, I don’t use it.

and yep. I base everything on console so when it releases on console I will know if they have improved their skills or simply stayed inept. 

48 minutes ago, Realist said:

I base everything on console so when it releases on console I will know if they have improved their skills or simply stayed inept. 

ATLAS TEAM IS DIFFERENT FROM ARK TEAM YOU ABSOLUTE PINECONE

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

1 hour ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

ATLAS TEAM IS DIFFERENT FROM ARK TEAM YOU ABSOLUTE PINECONE

It is almost the same team. Multiple members of wildcard went to grapeshot. Also, ark modders got hired on with grapeshot. The main bosses jeremy and Jesse also went to grapeshot.

they have a different name but many of the same team members