Cpt.Yarrr

To the entire team of ATLAS, including CEOs and stockholders.

Let me start off with this first, I'm a PvE player so this goes from PvE only (my view);

the following is not meant to be too sarcastic but you guys really have done a great job in letting the (almost) entirely community go to the bottom of the sea and even deeper.

Why? Thats an answer you all know, the silence on all threads and only responses on the Blackwood thread makes it even harder for the majority of players to even making it worth while to comment on this forum. 

Here goes;

Almost 1600 hours playtime. Thats how many I got since the release in december 2018. Good deal for a game wich costed me about 20 euros. 

When I saw the anouncement; ATLAS, a MMO with 40K players. THE pirategame where you can tame and breed animals, NPCs and even companymembers, I was stunned. Finally a game wich lives up to my name and created by the people from ARK. I just loved ARK and almost everything about it. I often wondered how it was like to sail around in a pirateship and do the same as in ARK.  Taming, basebuilding, making awesomely insane ships, upgrading canons/weapons and so on. Now we got the chance of fighting pirates and all what came with it.

Hyped.

Everyone got hyped, we watched the TWITCH channel for the release and even when it got delayed, people still wanted this game so badly. It looked like you guys hit it spot on. We all where gathering old friends to buy this game and set up companies. Opened up multiple Discord channels and we where LOVING it. In the next weeks after release, we got alot of patches, the game is in EA and it needed alot of tweaking. Players where giving alot of tips and bugs and we had the feeling you guys learned from ARK and finally stood closer to the community then before.

Then; the wipe.

The wipe was something needed, we all can agree on that. New players where given a chance to try and get an island for their own, next to alot of improvements such as the claimingsystem. We where all hoping for more "piratecontent", wich was promised to us. More boats/different canons/breeding NPCs/villages bursting with activities like in the anouncements. We also got a skin for helping you guys out. (ikr), communitymanagers where appointed to keep in touch, but to be honest, here it stopped. Entirely. I'll never forget your face Jat, when people where spamming the TWITCH feed with comments like; Where are the new shipbuilds? Why is there a charwipe? Why don't you fix bugs? It was there and then we said as an alliance;" He's in way over his head, this game will never leave EA." 

Griefing.

Players and companies where being griefed big time. Like us, we tried to get help in alot of ways. The only response I got, after 3 days of continiously spamming the the "ticketbox"; "I see what I can do, but I can not give you any info from here on." Thanks for that, I guess. Alot of companies where not having the "luck" of being smarter then the one who griefed them, they also tried to get in touch and/or help, but nothing happened. They left and felt like being stabbed in the back, most of them never will return. I remember and issue with one of our allies at that time, they went on and on and on for weeks on the Discord from ATLAS. Finally they got help from one of the admins. It was solved in 5 minutes, the griefing player was warned firmly and it was solved. 5 Minutes it took for the admin, was it that much for the other admins to do this? And before everyone goes ranting on them, remember they are being told to do things. Or not.

The "Mega updates". 

You gotta be kidding me? That was our first reaction. Unreal, we get a, yes people; A Ron Jeremy of camels. I still can not believe it, an animal to make salt water tastes sweet, it feels like a screwup wich was done with sweet waterspots during the design of the game. No new ship designs, no new canons... Erm, ok, we got a torpedolauncher wich is almost completely useless on at least PvE and wich is expensive as.... 

For soloplayers/little companies? Nothing changed, it has gotten worse.

Foundation and pillerspam? Some companies think it's normal to bomb places entirely, still happening. I asked once if a company wanted to remover theirs, I got so much BS about it, now they even made all of the floors 5 wide. "We just want to prevent other people from building there, due to the resources." And how about blocking other players to build? "There is space enuf now, let them keep on searching..." Sigh... pathetic. And not a single person from ATLAS does something about it. 

July mega update?  It's august ffs. We don't even want to know the updates anymore and alot of players do not even care anymore. We know we're getting new animals and a new gun. That's not wat we want;

WE WANT NEW SHIPS, NEW PIRATE CONTENT, BREEDING NPCS, NO MORE BROKEN PROMISSES! 

I do not care anymore about fixing, for instance, the so much hated building bug? Keep it, you guys know how to fix it, but leave it please. It has been fixed by a couple of modmakers. And in this rate with the game being drowned, we all go to unofficials. 

This game should NEVER been thrown into EA. It has been completely changed since it has been introduced as a "Pirate MMO with 40K players."

Too bad to see all players go, people we got to know in the last 6 months are mostly gone allready. They will not return, so be happy with their cash.

I really couldn't care any less if one of you responded or not anymore. Only one thing me and alot of players want to know now;

Is this game going to be as it was sold to us or not?

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr
  • Like 6

26 minutes ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

Let me start off with this first, I'm a PvE player so this goes from PvE only (my view);

the following is not meant to be too sarcastic but you guys really have done a great job in letting the (almost) entirely community go to the bottom of the sea and even deeper.

Why? Thats an answer you all know, the silence on all threads and only responses on the Blackwood thread makes it even harder for the majority of players to even making it worth while to comment on this forum. 

Here goes;

Almost 1600 hours playtime. Thats how many I got since the release in december 2018. Good deal for a game wich costed me about 20 euros. 

When I saw the anouncement; ATLAS, a MMO with 40K players. THE pirategame where you can tame and breed animals, NPCs and even companymembers, I was stunned. Finally a game wich lives up to my name and created by the people from ARK. I just loved ARK and almost everything about it. I often wondered how it was like to sail around in a pirateship and do the same as in ARK.  Taming, basebuilding, making awesomely insane ships, upgrading canons/weapons and so on. Now we got the chance of fighting pirates and all what came with it.

Hyped.

Everyone got hyped, we watched the TWITCH channel for the release and even when it got delayed, people still wanted this game so badly. It looked like you guys hit it spot on. We all where gathering old friends to buy this game and set up companies. Opened up multiple Discord channels and we where LOVING it. In the next weeks after release, we got alot of patches, the game is in EA and it needed alot of tweaking. Players where giving alot of tips and bugs and we had the feeling you guys learned from ARK and finally stood closer to the community then before.

Then; the wipe.

The wipe was something needed, we all can agree on that. New players where given a chance to try and get an island for their own, next to alot of improvements such as the claimingsystem. We where all hoping for more "piratecontent", wich was promised to us. More boats/different canons/breeding NPCs/villages bursting with activities like in the anouncements. We also got a skin for helping you guys out. (ikr), communitymanagers where appointed to keep in touch, but to be honest, here it stopped. Entirely. I'll never forget your face Jat, when people where spamming the TWITCH feed with comments like; Where are the new shipbuilds? Why is there a charwipe? Why don't you fix bugs? It was there and then we said as an alliance;" He's in way over his head, this game will never leave EA." 

Griefing.

Players and companies where being griefed big time. Like us, we tried to get help in alot of ways. The only response I got, after 3 days of continiously spamming the the "ticketbox"; "I see what I can do, but I can not give you any info from here on." Thanks for that, I guess. Alot of companies where not having the "luck" of being smarter then the one who griefed them, they also tried to get in touch and/or help, but nothing happened. They left and felt like being stabbed in the back, most of them never will return. I remember and issue with one of our allies at that time, they went on and on and on for weeks on the Discord from ATLAS. Finally they got help from one of the admins. It was solved in 5 minutes, the griefing player was warned firmly and it was solved. 5 Minutes it took for the admin, was it that much for the other admins to do this? And before everyone goes ranting on them, remember they are being told to do things. Or not.

The "Mega updates". 

You gotta be kidding me? That was our first reaction. Unreal, we get a, yes people; A Ron Jeremy of camels. I still can not believe it, an animal to make salt water tastes sweet, it feels like a screwup wich was done with sweet waterspots during the design of the game. No new ship designs, no new canons... Erm, ok, we got a torpedolauncher wich is almost completely useless on at least PvE and wich is expensive as.... 

For soloplayers/little companies? Nothing changed, it has gotten worse.

Foundation and pillerspam? Some companies think it's normal to bomb places entirely, still happening. I asked once if a company wanted to remover theirs, I got so much BS about it, now they even made all of the floors 5 wide. "We just want to prevent other people from building there, due to the resources." And how about blocking other players to build? "There is space enuf now, let them keep on searching..." Sigh... pathetic. And not a single person from ATLAS does something about it. 

July mega update?  It's august ffs. We don't even want to know the updates anymore and alot of players do not even care anymore. We know we're getting new animals and a new gun. That's not wat we want;

WE WANT NEW SHIPS, NEW PIRATE CONTENT, BREEDING NPCS, NO MORE BROKEN PROMISSES! 

I do not care anymore about fixing, for instance, the so much hated building bug? Keep it, you guys know how to fix it, but leave it please. It has been fixed by a couple of modmakers. And in this rate with the game being drowned, we all go to unofficials. 

This game should NEVER been thrown into EA. It has been completely changed since it has been introduced as a "Pirate MMO with 40K players."

Too bad to see all players go, people we got to know in the last 6 months are mostly gone allready. They will not return, so be happy with their cash.

I really couldn't care any less if one of you responded or not anymore. Only one thing me and alot of players want to know now;

Is this game going to be as it was sold to us or not?

Unfortunately no. It won’t. They had said they had learned from their mistakes with ark but we have already seen plenty of evidence that they have not.

sure people can make excuses for them and I am sure some will, but at the end of the day they are just excuses.

i must say I am pretty disappointed because even I had some hope in the beginning. It seems I was fooled just like everyone else. Trust me, I take this as a big lesson learned.

they just hit off more than they could chew on this one. I really don’t see any more ship types within the next few months if ever. The thing is there is really no excuse for at least this one part. 8 months in now and the have already brought in the torpedo(ark tek), but yet no other ship types.

they have also had to revert a lot of things like the claim system and the fountain of youth as well as others. Making a lot of the time they spent on development before release wasted. That has to be a crappy feeling knowing that you wasted a lot of time and money.

content is simply not enough at this point. Even a mega update with multiple ship types, npcs, and a lot of other stuff still wouldn’t be enough.

i think they realize that they did a lot of things wrong and they have to completely change the game into a different game in order to be successful. I am sure they are feeling the pressure.

• Like 2

This will change nothing. GS earn money for each private server. There they get the modders who solve the problems for free, without separate a dev for this.

And about the next upcoming contend: maybe they should change theyr drugs. Who the hell wants cats? Is it Sims or what?! Did u finally kicked that "brain" out of your company? Or is it the same "genius" who came up with the seahorses??

Bring in more pirate stuff, if u wanna do something right this year...!

The problem is that the initial game concept (not what was promoted) failed spectacular.
Not the bugs, not the performance - we are grown-up ARK players and been there done that...

After the concept with the claim system failed, they did not know what to do... completely lost and open to any idea...
So they asked for advice from the streamers and large corps - they could bring in more customers and would stop complaining in streams...
Obviously not the best advice, we got a broken land PVP out of it, which is still killing the player base, even after the claim change and peace timers...

After that it was back to the roots - lets make Atlas more ARK and bring in more tames every patch so people might like it, it worked for ARK - unfortunately the ARK players in Atlas are not here for the tames...

So the concept failed, the claim system failed, doing what the influencers told them to do for them failed, ARKifying failed, maybe the XBOX release may not fail?
Looks like they are so scared now that they don't do anything in fear of making the next obvious mistake...

So we remaining players can scream as loud as we want, what is wrong with the game and what could fix/better it. They have no idea what to do and fear outside ideas could again back fire, so better not do anything, can not do anything wrong...

No wipe will help, no new unwanted OP tame will...
Fix the land PVP would fix most of their player base and performance problems (cant help PVE, because this is not a PVE game and never can be).
If land PVP would be balanced and tames not overkill OP, players stuff would be "saver" and not need 50.000 structure that still not help, apart from generating "defensive lag"...
If stuff would be save, ships would be used more in sea PVP, because they are not always and easy sunk while offline...

Think about the patch to put claim flags on sea level... Guess it was an idea by some streaming Offline-Raider friend of the company, complaining he cannot raid the mountain bases at his convenience - the only thing that seems to work somewhat as a defense... thank the G.O.D. the screams from the actual player base were loud enough and scared them to not do it... as if they did not know that their land PVP was so damn broken, that they had to be told how stupid the flag change would have been WITHOUT FIRST MAKING CHANGES TO LAND PVP.
My guess is the servers would be empty now if the flag change would have been implemented...

so if the XBOX release will not help, the sea horse just might... not, meow!

• Like 1

I enjoy the game a lot,... If I am getting raided, then I just get raided... it is PvP

Just ignore me and keep making the game bad... ;*

18 minutes ago, rasemaier said:

I enjoy the game a lot,... If I am getting raided, then I just get raided... it is PvP

Just ignore me and keep making the game bad... ;*

I like the game as well but doesn't mean it doesn't have its problems. The game could be way better. A lot of the things that has been said here and other threads are true. 

Hello

This is a good game for me, pvp, but needs to be improved to allow solo and small groups to survive without being connected 24/24.

Solutions exist, mods used on private servers, among others. But it is important to rebalance the pvp because being raided by 3 people in 20 minutes, it is not possible. High level players are totally unplayable.

Creating factions, pve zones, real off-raid, strengthening the effectiveness of basic defenses, could greatly improve the situtations to fill the official pvp servers

Edited by chukmaurice
  • Like 1

I've never played Ark so I can not compare Atlas to it. But. We have more than enough useless tames in the game and could do with actually getting rid of a few of the more senseless ones. This is meant to be a fantasy pirate game, not an animal taming game. We need more ship types. Not sail skins but actual sail types to go with the different types of ship. The player base have been screaming for this certainly for as long as Ive been playing (which was around Christmas). If its fantasy then let the fantasy revolve around the ships and piracy NOT the tames. I also believe it was mentioned on a few occasions about an element of steampunk in the game? Not really seeing that as it seems to revolve around tames far to much.

We need the devs to tell us what the roadmap is for the game, because at the moment it does not appear as if there is one. Goodness we don't even know what the story is supposed to be about if it even has one. We need to know what is planned and how its going to fit together. How things might get changed if it does not go as planned. The claim system is an example of things not going right, but has at the moment no info on how things will be moved forward. The complete lack of interaction from the devs is pretty poor. The captains log was downgraded so we actually get far less information now than we used to, (which was never much to begin with), add to that how long it seems for some things to get sorted and its easy to see why player frustration builds so quickly.

As I said, I have never played Ark, but from all the comments made to date, Atlas is either a poor copy or a stand alone DLC for it. Either way the constant comparison is not helping. That is not a problem caused by the players (although they have contributed towards it for obvious reasons), but by the devs failure to show it as a separate game altogether. Just look at how many references there are to Ark coming from the devs themselves when they do talk about Atlas. Many folk have said that few if any lessons have been learned from Ark, I cant comment on that, but I can see we don't seem to be separating the two.

Many people say this is a PVP game. Nothing wrong with that. BUT it IS also a PVE game and that needs to be accepted by all, not denigrated. We need to work together to improve things not bite each others heads off.

Does Atlas have a future? Depends on what gets done. But it sure has a lot of possibilities.

Lets hope that things get sorted.

I thought cats were going to be introduced as a means to both spread and cure the plague. Want a pirate game, get plague infested rats along with it?

If anything, would like to see cats/plague as an event that goes off every once in a while.

Make cats non breedable.. So they don't mass produce in-between events. imo.

Edited by Liatni

19 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

YOU. MADE. MY. DAY!!!

Funny thing, I made this like 6 months ago and it's still true today.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Funny thing, I made this like 6 months ago and it's still true today.

Welcome back Jean. Haven’t seen you post for awhile. Nice gif 👍

13 minutes ago, Realist said:

Welcome back Jean. Haven’t seen you post for awhile. Nice gif 👍

Still hoping Realist.  Still hoping.  Have you bought the game yet or are you still spewing from a spectator's perspective?

And for a serious response to this thread:

Nothing is going to happen the way you want, the way you expect or even the way you hope.  Thus far, Grapeshot has made it perfectly clear that they have some obscure vision for this game and they're hell bent on making it happen, regardless of how screwed up things get (remember paste to make a rock?).

Early on they tried to make a comparison with EVE Online.  For years, EVE players have had a voice in the direction of that game.

https://community.eveonline.com/community/csm/

10 players from the community are elected to that council for a 1 year term.  CCP even flies them out to Iceland every year, flight and accommodations paid, in order to meet with the devs and discuss face-to-face the issues the players have.  They don't always agree but, the players voices do get heard.

This post, and the hundreds if not thousands on this forum like it, are nothing more than pissing into the wind.  That gif that I made, and the reason everyone sees it as funny, is because that's the perceived truth.  Until this game has something similar to that csm, you can jump on these forums and scream your head off all you want.  Just realize, that gif is most likely how it's received.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

6 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Still hoping Realist.  Still hoping.  Have you bought the game yet or are you still spewing from a spectator's perspective?

And for a serious response to this thread:

Nothing is going to happen the way you want, the way you expect or even the way you hope.  Thus far, Grapeshot has made it perfectly clear that they have some obscure vision for this game and they're hell bent on making it happen, regardless of how screwed up things get (remember paste to make a rock?).

Early on they tried to make a comparison with EVE Online.  For years, EVE players have had a voice in the direction of that game.

https://community.eveonline.com/community/csm/

10 players from the community are elected to that council for a 1 year term.  CCP even flies them out to Iceland every year, flight and accommodations paid, in order to meet with the devs and discuss face-to-face the issues the players have.  They don't always agree but, the players voices do get heard.

This post, and the hundreds if not thousands on this forum like it, are nothing more than pissing into the wind.  That gif that I made, and the reason everyone sees it as funny, is because that's the perceived truth.  Until this game has something similar to that csm, you can jump on these forums and scream your head off all you want.  Just realize, that gif is most likely how it's received.

Yep. Still waiting on Xbox release smh. Guess I am still hoping too 🙄

Well I could be wrong, but isn't 1600 hours  roughly 6-7 hours everyday, if you are playing the game that much how could you not see lots of the problems in it? I think reality and expectations are always going to cause disappointment for people, because things are never literally as advertised.I used to play pc games on win 95 and it was horrendous, every game constantly froze or crashed or had floating buildings etc, and guess what? i'ts never been any different, not ever. even early console games were blighted with problems that devs never sorted. The only time I played pc games that didn't crash was on the commodore 64 and the amiga and they took 40 mins to load from tape, and sometimes the tape stuck and you had to start again.new games always have problems that annoy players, some games have been around years and still haven't sorted out major issues. I'd say to anyone who plays a pc game for 6 hours or more everyday to break the cycle and every now and then do something else like learn an instrument or something.Playing that much is not healthy at all. As for Atlas I really like the game a lot, and I played ark too but didn't like the toxic player base. I think the game is getting better,  and i've been hit by all the major issues, lost my ships for no reason, then after update couldn't log into game at all and have now lost everything in pve, but guess what? it's a game, poo happens. So for now I'm playing sp until things get sorted, it's not ideal cos I want to be on Pve but for some reason it won't run, but it's ok cos I do other things away from Atlas .Just give the game time it is improving a lot and I'm sure will continue to do so. Just out of interest though, how many people who constantly hate on Atlas on this forum are still playing ark?

27 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

Well I could be wrong, but isn't 1600 hours  roughly 6-7 hours everyday, if you are playing the game that much how could you not see lots of the problems in it? I think reality and expectations are always going to cause disappointment for people, because things are never literally as advertised.I used to play pc games on win 95 and it was horrendous, every game constantly froze or crashed or had floating buildings etc, and guess what? i'ts never been any different, not ever. even early console games were blighted with problems that devs never sorted. The only time I played pc games that didn't crash was on the commodore 64 and the amiga and they took 40 mins to load from tape, and sometimes the tape stuck and you had to start again.new games always have problems that annoy players, some games have been around years and still haven't sorted out major issues. I'd say to anyone who plays a pc game for 6 hours or more everyday to break the cycle and every now and then do something else like learn an instrument or something.Playing that much is not healthy at all. As for Atlas I really like the game a lot, and I played ark too but didn't like the toxic player base. I think the game is getting better,  and i've been hit by all the major issues, lost my ships for no reason, then after update couldn't log into game at all and have now lost everything in pve, but guess what? it's a game, poo happens. So for now I'm playing sp until things get sorted, it's not ideal cos I want to be on Pve but for some reason it won't run, but it's ok cos I do other things away from Atlas .Just give the game time it is improving a lot and I'm sure will continue to do so. Just out of interest though, how many people who constantly hate on Atlas on this forum are still playing ark?

well each person sees the game developing from a diferent perspective, some play more casually than others, some are more conformist than others etc so you cannot to group up people into 2 groups of lovers and haters, is not as simple as that, some people love the concept but feel they have been decieved, some dont rly love or hate it but have big knowledge about playing videogames and simply cant understand why developers are taking the decisions they are taking, some other people just want to hate on everything and some others wouldnt complain even if they got slaped in the face,  you can even find players in between 2 of those 4 groups so its not that simple. in any case what matter are facts and the fact is that ATLAS right now is a sitting duck, it sold 55k units of "an idea" if right now other company decided to release a game with similar thematic properly it could prove to be a critical hit to atlas, wich is neither good or bad is just something that could happen, actually BDO plans to release this summer a big expansion + rework for its oceanic content in wich features like building your ship and maning the cannons with NPCs will be possible, so i am not in a hurry at all but considering we are 8 months into EA and several of the core mechanics feel like they could change at any minute it doesnt portrait a promising future if you ask me.

The last question I asked was aimed at the haters only, and there are a few, and I meant the forum in general not just this one topic. But whatever the reason people have for negativity on these forums,in general it is not doing the game any good at all. Some people moan and moan about people leaving pvp and pve then start a topic with titles that encourage people to stop playing. You can't have it both ,if you don't want more people to quit then encourage them to stay. Not tell everyone and his dog that the games useless so lets all give up. More people pick up on negative statements than positive ones, that's human nature. and yeh people are quitting and some of the comments that people put on these forums are helping them go.Like I say I really like the game and play everyday if I can.But no game is ever gonna be perfect, mainly cos all our expectations are different. Frankly I don't think the devs deserve all the toxicity they get on these forums at all,they have actually done quite a lot since launch, no I don't agree with all of it, but I'm a player not a developer. How many car companies allow the public to design their cars? How many clothing companies ask us what the latest fashion should be? The trouble with ea games and some online pc games, the players think they are share holders and have a say in how the games work and they are not. We don't own shares, we can ask for changes but not demand them. Ultimately the decisions belong to the devs, not us.

1 hour ago, Whitehawk said:

The last question I asked was aimed at the haters only, and there are a few, and I meant the forum in general not just this one topic. But whatever the reason people have for negativity on these forums,in general it is not doing the game any good at all. Some people moan and moan about people leaving pvp and pve then start a topic with titles that encourage people to stop playing. You can't have it both ,if you don't want more people to quit then encourage them to stay. Not tell everyone and his dog that the games useless so lets all give up. More people pick up on negative statements than positive ones, that's human nature. and yeh people are quitting and some of the comments that people put on these forums are helping them go.Like I say I really like the game and play everyday if I can.But no game is ever gonna be perfect, mainly cos all our expectations are different. Frankly I don't think the devs deserve all the toxicity they get on these forums at all,they have actually done quite a lot since launch, no I don't agree with all of it, but I'm a player not a developer. How many car companies allow the public to design their cars? How many clothing companies ask us what the latest fashion should be? The trouble with ea games and some online pc games, the players think they are share holders and have a say in how the games work and they are not. We don't own shares, we can ask for changes but not demand them. Ultimately the decisions belong to the devs, not us.

Aiming at a specific group with usually bring backlash. Legacy did a good job with that. 

Maybe you need to speak to everyone and not make yourself look bad by talking to “haters” without specifying that in the first place. Just saying

I won’t reply to the OP because what he said is right, just not in the full impact of what it should be. 

These devs are familiar with “survival” and “taming”. They actually do that really weld and I will give them props on that.

i thought it was a very stupid idea, even before atlas was announced mind you that they make an mmo. That really blew my mind. The first thing I thought was you will be back to stupid amateurs. Sure enough, that is what happened.

these guys can’t make an mmo. It just isn’t possible. And that is ok by they way. But they can’t. If doesn’t fit into their genre/experience/comfort level.

they just can’t do it. It really isn’t possible.

go tell capcom to make an mmo, let alone an mmorpg. Smh.

they 💩 the bed on this one. I think we already knew that. They have no clue on what an mmorpg is. Lol

long story short, if they would have sold this idea to square enix then it would have been a great game.

they didn’t, so it will never be a great game and I am to the point of feeling bad for anyone that feels differently.

i mean really? Look at ark. Total success. Look at atlas total failure. Nothing is going to turn this around except a completely different direction that the game was formed as.

btw this is still ark. I said it was months ago and I am still saying it. Argue all you want but just realize that the July mega update still isn’t here yet. That is the best piece of evidence I can give. Not the only but the best.

part of me is frowning right now because of hope. The other part is smiling because after all these months, everything I have said is coming true. This is unfortunate because I wanted them to Change but I’m the long run I was right 😉

Edited by Realist
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Realist said:

these guys can’t make an mmo. It just isn’t possible. And that is ok by they way. But they can’t. If doesn’t fit into their genre/experience/comfort level.

they just can’t do it. It really isn’t possible.

I heard that about WoW in 2004.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

I heard that about WoW in 2004.

6 hours ago, crazywildfire said:

Same and look at how that turned out. 

Yeah WoW is hands down the best mmo that was ever made. Like nobody is even a close second.

but just look at what is going on so far. There are already a lot of tames and there is already a lot of survival, which is the two things I said they are good at. People might have said that about blizzard but they actually made an mmo.

in order for atlas to be a real mmo they would have to pretty much delete the whole game and start from scratch. I don’t see that happening though, even though that would be good. I just don’t see it it being an mmo. This is a pirate survival game where you can tames animals and once again that is fine, but that is what it is.

5 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah WoW is hands down the best mmo that was ever made. Like nobody is even a close second.

but just look at what is going on so far. There are already a lot of tames and there is already a lot of survival, which is the two things I said they are good at. People might have said that about blizzard but they actually made an mmo.

in order for atlas to be a real mmo they would have to pretty much delete the whole game and start from scratch. I don’t see that happening though, even though that would be good. I just don’t see it it being an mmo. This is a pirate survival game where you can tames animals and once again that is fine, but that is what it is.

indeed, most of the core mechanics are just poorly designed, they have put effort in the game content but not brain, a MMO needs to appeal to a great vaiety of people to be successful yet they are focusing in a single type of players and even in that regard they are failing, sadly.

• Like 1