Sign in to follow this  
Olthoi

The Company Owner Left The Game, Can we Change It To Another?

Im pretty much the only one left that plays, most havent logged on in nearly 8 weeks including the company owner.  Is there a way to take over the ownership without them?

12 hours ago, Olthoi said:

Im pretty much the only one left that plays, most havent logged on in nearly 8 weeks including the company owner.  Is there a way to take over the ownership without them?

its a signal, the game is trying to tell you something xD

12 hours ago, Olthoi said:

Yes, put in a ticket. 

We have the same Problem bevor the wipe. we have been writing 3 or 4 tickets!

all tickets were closed within 3 or 4 days!

Unfortunately, it's not something we support at the moment, there are concerns with 'insiding', when company owners have knowingly taken a break and then players have colluded to seek ownership via the support system. However, we recognize it can lead to problems in the event that a company owner is required for action and we have discussed steps to alleviate this. It's possible in future this could occur via our support team, but preferably would happen through an in-game mechanism. 

1 hour ago, Jatheish said:

Unfortunately, it's not something we support at the moment, there are concerns with 'insiding', when company owners have knowingly taken a break and then players have colluded to seek ownership via the support system. However, we recognize it can lead to problems in the event that a company owner is required for action and we have discussed steps to alleviate this. It's possible in future this could occur via our support team, but preferably would happen through an in-game mechanism. 

In game, it could be done through a voting system - when the 'captain' of the company is gone, the 'crew' picks a new captain. Or...

The members of a company with no active leader could create a new company and then claim the assets of the old company (after a certain time has elapsed without the owner logging in)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jatheish said:

I'm the only one keeping their boats floating and the tames fed.  I'm 100% trapped as the Company owns everything, all my boats, structures , and tames.  

You cant just make a timer that looks at days not logged in?  Its been like 60 days, what is the game trying to save for them?  Cant you just make an executive decision and say anybody logged out for more than X days opens up the ownership to be lost?

The only way I can fix this is to start over, that seems to be a bigger travesty/crime than a Company owner losing the ownership because they want to keep ownership after an extended break.

I still play the game every day and find fun things to do, I advocate for the game.  But stuff like this makes it hard.  That guy could log in tomorrow and take all my stuff if he wanted.  *sigh*

Olthoi.

21 hours ago, rasemaier said:

Unclaim all your animals and ships.. leave the company and claim it..

I may, but im quite happy with my base and structures.  If it comes to that, that's what ill do