Sign in to follow this  
broken42

Islands do not match map

I started a new singleplayer game on the ocean map. I visited several islands and noticed that they don’t match the map. They seem to be rotated. So sometimes when I stand on an island the map shows me in the middle of the sea and when I sail a boat it appears that I’m sailing through land on the map. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Not sure about single player, but a lot of the new islands they placed on the official servers are not matched by it's map.

If these are the islands they used for single player, it might be the reason why.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, broken42 said:

I started a new singleplayer game on the ocean map. I visited several islands and noticed that they don’t match the map. They seem to be rotated. So sometimes when I stand on an island the map shows me in the middle of the sea and when I sail a boat it appears that I’m sailing through land on the map. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

It is likely due to the fact that in the official game world, many islands are repeated numerous times, they are just rotated and out in different biomes to change things up. Something a little wonky related to this is likely what’s going on.

• Like 1