Sign in to follow this  
NoobieDooz

Devs please: ships disappear after only a few days

Hello, 

The other day our Company had 4 ships go "poof" suddenly... I have been guarding these ships for people in vacation etc so have made sure I: 

Fast travel to them at least every 4 Days, raise the anchor and move the ship a little bit back and forth, and then lower the anchor again. 

In the official version it is said to be enough to refresh the timer every 14 Days...  then how is it that ships can decay after only a few days? 

I will make a bug report for this too on yer discord later, but I wanna raise awareness that this game breaking bug is very real. I don't really care about minor bugs but this is a huge one that needs to be addressed quickly, in my opinion. 

If there is never any way to make sure our ships are there, then how can we play a sailing game?  😋  

I can rebuild, no worries. This time. But if it keeps happening, it will probably take away my enjoyment of the game. 

I know it's EA and all and that is why I wanted to give feedback on this crucial part of the game.  I hope you guys look into this problem (I have read of  others having same problem).  If anyone else reads this thread and have same problem, feel free to mention it so the devs might see it's not just one person. Thanks! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry to hear this, must be incredibly frustrating to have this happen. Definitely a very game breaking bug. Let’s hope they can get to the root of the problem ASAP.

We have had a few reports of this and are currently investigating to see what precisely is happening, whether it's due to the decay or something else.

@Guybrush Threepwood  Yes, 1 of the ships had a sub on it. That ship disappeared, aswell as 2 ships on either side of it. But, also a ship further away disappeared too.  One ship in between all of these ships, stayed intact. 

Also one other ship a bit even further away in same harbor, stayed intact. 

28 minutes ago, NoobieDooz said:

@Guybrush Threepwood  Yes, 1 of the ships had a sub on it. That ship disappeared, aswell as 2 ships on either side of it. But, also a ship further away disappeared too.  One ship in between all of these ships, stayed intact. 

Also one other ship a bit even further away in same harbor, stayed intact. 

There is a possibility that subs attached to ships can cause decay of the actual ship even if you step on, anchor and move the ship without doing anything with the sub.

But if not all those ships had subs then that doesn't quite pin point the issue.

I had a schooner vanish while i was away this weekend.

Last wednesday I went on and lifted the anchor of each of my 3 ships knowing I would be away until monday.

Luckely the schooner is the least costly to replace. The crew is now floating in the air and wont respond to whistles. will see what has become of them later when I log back on.

3 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

There is a possibility that subs attached to ships can cause decay of the actual ship even if you step on, anchor and move the ship without doing anything with the sub.

But if not all those ships had subs then that doesn't quite pin point the issue.

I’m curious, are you saying this because you’ve seen evidence that decay timers on ships with subs don’t reset? Because this would be a testable, observable thing, even if it’s probably not the culprit here.

51 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I’m curious, are you saying this because you’ve seen evidence that decay timers on ships with subs don’t reset? Because this would be a testable, observable thing, even if it’s probably not the culprit here.

I'm saying it because i've read enough people raise the possible link to subs.

It's not necessarily decay timers don't reset, it may possibly be if you do not enter the sub (i.e. step foot on it) then if the decay timer of the sub hits 0 it takes the ship with it. This is what people suspect may be happening to ships with subs.

However, not all ships that unexplainably disappear have subs attached to them.

1 hour ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I'm saying it because i've read enough people raise the possible link to subs.

It's not necessarily decay timers don't reset, it may possibly be if you do not enter the sub (i.e. step foot on it) then if the decay timer of the sub hits 0 it takes the ship with it. This is what people suspect may be happening to ships with subs.

However, not all ships that unexplainably disappear have subs attached to them.

Hrm....

Havent had this happen to us yet. If it does I will try to record every conceivable detail I can. Ships that go poof is about as game breaking a bug as you could get.

One of my ships vanished as well. Strangely the shipyard it was parked in had about 1500 damage. (PvE-Server).  As if it was attacked my a tornado or a ghost ship. However I had no indication on my map that it was sunk.

Thanks for  all the replies, guys! 🙂 It is excellent that people reply so the devs can see that it happens to several people. 

@Guybrush Threepwood yeah I understand how you mean, but the sub doesn't seem to be the reason in my mind, since it was several ships without subs, too. The mystery goes on, for now. Thanks for the input.  🙂

i told them since last week, sunday

i told them few days ago

all i got as response was a deleted post and a temp ban

thanks again, that's the right reaction an EA-player/tester wants to see Kappa...

i freaking spawned on the ship, ONE THE SHIPS BED, and it was gone under my ass in that moment i spawned in and all ships around were gone too, i was swimming with npc's and animals in the water...

they were rendered and docked max. 1 week bc we move our ships to keep them bc we know there is a limit of 3 weeks anchored boats

Edited by photek