Sign in to follow this  
Ameesa

How about a reset (wipe) of the official servers to update the game and fill it up a bit? Just vote here

Reset/wipe official servers?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. How about a reset/wipe paired with an advertising campaign?

• Reset all servers in about 2 months and stir the advertising drum until then properly
    • Reset all servers and merge EU and US would be my best solution
    • New PVP server that automatically resets every 3 months
    • Simply reset now
    • Never reset!
    • Resetting is not a solution, I think the number of active players will continue to decrease.
    • A wipe isn't the answer. I have another suggestion.

17 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

I really don’t know how I can say this any more clearly to you, but since you continue to put forward an argument after having clearly had it explained to you that the foundation of the argument is based on a flawed premise, I will explain as I would a child, with repetition.

PVE PLAYERS DONT COMPETE FOR RESOURCES.

IN PVE THERE IS NO COMPETITION FOR RESOURCES.

PVE RESOURCES ARE NOT GUARDED HOARDED OR OTHERWISE KEPT FRIM OTHER PLAYERS. 

PVE PLAYERS ACTUALLY BUILD STRUCTURES AND ERECT SIGNS TO DIRECT VISITING PLAYERS TO THEIR RESOURCES.

IN PVE THE INCENTIVES MAKE SHARING NODES ADVANTAGOUS, HENCE NO COMPETITION.

PVE PLAYERS HAVE NO INCENTIVE TO COMPETE FOR RESOURCES.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND YET THAT YOUR PREMISE OF I HAVE THE RESOURCE AND DONT WANT YOU TO USE IT IS COMPLETELY WRONG IN PVE?

PLEASE STOP REGURGITATING A FLAWED PREMISE AND LISTEN TO WHAT YOU ARE BEING TOLD ABOUT THE GAME YOU’VE NEVER PLAYED BY PEOPLE WHO HAVE.

IS ANY OF THIS GETTING THROUGH YET?

Honestly, I have exhausted my last bit of patience with you on this subject. You have been told clearly and repeatedly what you need to know to understand why the need for a pve wipe is nonexistent except from an extremely selfish point of view. The things you are saying are now coming from an arrogance of attempting to say you know better how things in the game work than those who actually play. When you have gone down this path, you have always been wrong. I am done discussing this. 

Realist doesn't even play the game at all.  So why are you wasting your time trying to change his imagination.  Because the only thing hes doing is imagining how the game is played because he's not actually playing it.  This is so ridiculous....

16 hours ago, Realist said:

Taxes in a game? Smh that is possibly the worst idea I ever heard of lol.

just straight talk here. That is stupid. I wouldn’t do it and evidently most people don’t.

to be honest, I can’t blame anyone for being on lawless lol.

i pay taxes irl. I will never pay them in a game. That is just pathetic. Well on one hand some people might not pay taxes in real life so they are fine with it in game.

i am the opposite unfortunately. That just simply won’t happen. I am fine with them failing, sure I wish they would change, but in all reality they haven’t made a good decision yet so let’s just see how it goes

2 hours ago, Realist said:

Uh I didn’t say that. You just put words in my mouth.  

D0b4iOnUYAAgArh.jpg.7d311a250011d4ab687e35ce0b274ae7.jpg

🤡HONK HONK🤡

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

On 8/6/2019 at 7:07 AM, Realist said:

not to mention a show of complete incompetence of a dev company

You mean by enabling cross play?

1 hour ago, Nutcutt3r said:

You mean by enabling cross play?

Nope. Not even close. If they introduce crossplay and don’t wipe then yes the one sentence you used would be appropriate. You left that part out

Im new in this game. I traveled with ship until 2 days real time,  checking a lot of islands, until i found a place where i can build, becouse everywhere living someone.   But still, When someone told me,  to in this game the server reset on every season ends, and the new season everyone start from zero, i wanted to left this game, and return to ark. I stayed becouze of my friends, who want to play until reset.  

I dont know why so good, to reset the servers. Playing alone is boring, but official server useless, if allways reset. This is not ark. Not so laggy, becouze a lot of think. First no need gigantic base, becouse less the gigantic animal. 2, map is gigantic, but the islands is small. Not so many structures like ark. 3. The structures limit half like in the ark. 

Im very sad, to reset the server on all season ends. 😞

• Like 1

When they cut the size of the world by 75% they were not planning on growth.  On NA PVP my company was hopeful the wipe would help level the playing field.  By the end of season 3 there were 5-6 megatribes that sailed around only opposed by each other and destroying anyone before they became a threat.  Mistakes in the launch of season four assured nothing would change, in fact the problem is much worse now.

1.  Cost of island upkeep.  This I think was the major mistake.  Instead of RAISING the cost or setting a limit on island ownership, the cost was lowered to practically nothing.  On day one you could pick up flotsam leaving freeport and own enough gold to buy any island you want.  The same companies bought up all the islands.  They launched on a work day.  So 'professional' players had a jump.  By the time I got off work, virtually all the islands were claimed.

2.  Map size.  With MORE players and LESS real estate there simply isn't enough room to settle down.  Although the farms and warehouses are GREAT, this simple fact makes them less valuable.  I kind of laughed when the dev's claimed the edge of the map was 'safer' (the world is "roundish").

3.  Exploits.  Several exploits were created by poor testing.  The most infamous is the Yeti bug, allowing unlimited levels to be obtained.  Within 1 week, many people were are max level.  Barrel duplication...

_______

PVE, the new bug that glitches the SOTD's basically is KILLING any desire to play PVE.  There is only three things to do with your ships in PVE.

1.  Kill SOTDs

2.  Kill the Kraken-  How many times is this fun?

3.  Kill Whales

The only one that provides BP's is SOTD's....

Lol, I had to take a good look at first. But ye, lets bump this thread.

Wipe servers.

Fix game. 

Add lasers.

Restart servers so we can shoot all bugs.

We all know the SOTD bug is here to sound in the end of PvE. Why we know?

Cause it's not being fixed. No communications, except for hollow sentences in a "Q&A".

Here's a better idea. Let some of the money wich was used for developing a new ARK chapter, flow back into ATLAS. Take those devs as well.

OR

Pull the plug and admit this was a cashcow.

Get rid of PVE servers and have just a single one and introduce factions so there will still be PVE elements where you cannot be attacked around home zones etc 

On 8/8/2019 at 3:31 AM, Realist said:

Nope. Not even close. If they introduce crossplay and don’t wipe then yes the one sentence you used would be appropriate. You left that part out

Just quoted to say the days with this guy felt better then the current forum day.
He never owned the game at that point, now most forum worriors have stopped playing the game and comment how to save it.
I dont know what is worse tbh.

3 hours ago, Kummba said:

Just quoted to say the days with this guy felt better then the current forum day.
He never owned the game at that point, now most forum worriors have stopped playing the game and comment how to save it.
I dont know what is worse tbh.

Ye, he was trolling around for a year or so. Eventually he got a copy I believe, never heard of him since. 🤣