Sign in to follow this  
Forb Hidden

Blackwood Minimap

5 hours ago, Forb Hidden said:

Is it just me or does someone else get a broken minimap from the sextant on blackwood too?

*blinks*

People use the sextant?

Hmm i can try to make a screenshot tonight or tomorrow.

The map shows up, but imagine there are just around 20 huge pixels who try to show a shore or something else and it's not following, if I move around.

I had this problem without any mods running. I just noticed this problem on the blackwood map in SP. Never played the map elsewhere.

When I check the map in the menu or open the map by pressing M, the game knows exactly where I am. Only the minimap seems to be not finished.

After fast traveling with beds there is another bug, that erase the map and the yellow written notes. Only the compass bar stays and I have to wait 2h to rebuff. I remember this issue once was on the official servers too.

I too have this issue with the mini-map on Blackwood, on SP, non-dedicated and dedicated.  It's as if the mini-map image is the wrong resolution and zoomed right in, just a blurred, pixelated image that doesn't track your position.  Unlike Forb Hidden though, I am also seeing (only on Blackwood) that the M key map doesn't track my position correctly either and is also a very poor quality image when zoomed in.

Jat, zomgwee has posted a screen shot of the mini-map issue in the bug reports section:

On 8/4/2019 at 7:36 PM, zomgwee said:

After finally finding crystal and gems on the southern island, I built a sextant to get that sweet sweet extra hud info. Unfortunately, it looks like the minimap is borked. Picture attached.

bad map.gif

Still broken on Blackwood.
Seriously guys, how hard can this be to fix? It more or less breaks the point of the navigation perk.

ROFL...Impossible when you don't have a team working on the game at all.  Also, pirate encampment implementation on single player is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever experienced in my life....playing solo...with 14 pirates in a camp way too far inland to assault from ship...all in heavy armor, crack shots, with cannons and puckles firing from every angle.  And that's just one of 6 encampments on that island...