Dollie

Update regarding Unofficial Non-ATLAS (Blackwood) Dedicated Saves & Data Reset

Additional Update:

We have managed to make already existing savefiles load with this change, however, you will be forced to create a new character and make a new company. Force-joining into the old company will not work. However, you can then reclaim all your structures, ships, and creatures again with the use of admin commands such as:

- cheat takeallstructure

This will transfer all the structures, boats, and claimflags of the previous company, to your own.

- cheat takealldino

This will transfer all the creatures of the previous company, to your own.

- cheat giveallstructure

This will transfer the structure you’re looking at, as well as anything snapped to it, to you.

- cheat givetome

This will transfer the individual object you’re looking at, to you (works with creatures too).

:wheel:

With our upcoming update (v218.24), some critical changes were made to the way Unofficial Non-ATLAS (Blackwood) servers saves were handled. This was in order to resolve the following issues:

• Players were randomly removed from their company
  • Companies being deleted
  • Being unable to spawn on beds
  • Beds not appearing on the map
  • Ships not appearing on the map

After some days of investigating ways in which we can push this update with no loss of data, we've had to acknowledge that it isn't possible to migrate existing saves to the new system for dedicated servers. Given the critical nature of these issues, we don't see putting this update on hold as a viable option. Unfortunately, Non-ATLAS (Blackwood) saves made prior to this patch on dedicated servers will no longer load. This means a new save file will need to be created. Please note that this change only impacts Non-ATLAS Dedicated servers, so Single Player and Non-Dedicated saves will be unaffected.

We apologize to those affected, and we'll always look to avoid wiping or any data loss scenarios when and where possible. We have opted to push this update through quickly in order to allow players and dedicated server owners to get back into Blackwood with little pause. 

Thank you for your understanding

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Oh...

But thanks for the fix guys 🙂

Any ETA for the patch?

Dedicated Server Owner of "BLACK SAILS - PVP X5 UK Hosted PitMonk.com"

Edited by PitMonk

Just posted another update to the save file. Technically you could still go with your existing savefile, but it may require some admin intervention if you would like things to function how they did. We've updated the OP to reflect this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In your professional opinion, and as a Dev, should we bother trying to move our old (only 1 week old) data over to this new build or are we better off long term to just wipe and start again?

Edited by PitMonk

Pardon me this is off topic but are there any commands to give the quest rewards for master cartographer and veteran explorer in blackwood since those 2 are unobtainable?

14 minutes ago, PitMonk said:

In your professional opinion, and as a Dev, should we bother trying to move our old (only 1 week old) data over to this new build or are we better off long term to just wipe and start again?

Honestly, it depends on how much administration work you want to do. The admin commands could make this a quick and easy process (moving all the structures/ships/creatures back to their original owners) within minutes or hours depending on how many different people play the game. If it's just a small group, it may be worth just running the commands. If you've not done too much, you may find it easier to restart 🙂

9 minutes ago, Habitman said:

Pardon me this is off topic but are there any commands to give the quest rewards for master cartographer and veteran explorer in blackwood since those 2 are unobtainable?

Mmm.. you could try using: cheat GiveAllDiscoZones but I am not sure if it'll work on that map.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

Mmm.. you could try using: cheat GiveAllDiscoZones but I am not sure if it'll work on that map.

Hmm nope, it didn't work unfortunately. I'm mostly interested in the 250% encumbrance speed bonus from the veteran explorer quest, it's so painful to play without it! 😣

2 minutes ago, Habitman said:

Hmm nope, it didn't work unfortunately. I'm mostly interested in the 250% encumbrance speed bonus from the veteran explorer quest, it's so painful to play without it! 😣

There are plans for Blackwood to support the missing quests in a future update

• Like 1

I really like the Blackwood map, it is a great expansion but was waiting to really play it until the NPC Pirate encampments would make their appearance, is there some sort of ETA when we could expect them? Hopefully before the summervacation ends. 

Jat/Dollie, quick question. trying to set everybody back up on our server. what is the command to give them experience back?

cheat takeallstructure didn't give me the claim flags (merging didn't do that either when we were doing that to resolve the bed issue before this patch).

I basically went around to all company buildings and used giveallstructures (thankfully most were connected or small builds since we just started) and then used DestoryTribeId to destroy the old company based on the company id on the flag and the flag(s) deleted. Obviously don't do that until you've taken all the structures back. 😄 

Edited by Cradz
Never mind... I just did another company with takeallstructure and it did pull the claim flag

1 hour ago, TomasGunz said:

Jat/Dollie, quick question. trying to set everybody back up on our server. what is the command to give them experience back?

Can't guarantee this works, but i've taken it from ARK and a lot of the cheats are the same for both games.

cheat addexperience 1000 0 0 - this one gives yourself experience.

cheat giveexptoplayer <id> <how much> <tribeshared> <preventsharing> - this one may give another player experience. You can find their ID through showmyadminmanager.

we just learned an important lesson. Blackwood does not do auto saves so we lost everything. the tech at our server provider says it has to be in the game to do the auto saves like the ocean map does. Is this the truth? we cant be stopping the server every hour or so to make a backup.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TomasGunz said:

we just learned an important lesson. Blackwood does not do auto saves so we lost everything. the tech at our server provider says it has to be in the game to do the auto saves like the ocean map does. Is this the truth? we cant be stopping the server every hour or so to make a backup.

The tech at your service provider is wrong. I'm running a Nitrado server on Blackwood and and it's saving a backup once per day. Now, I actually have it set to save every hour, so it's by no means perfect.

That being said, you should be able to do a manual save in-game or through ARKon with "cheat saveworld".

Edited by Esheon
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TomasGunz said:

Hmm that doesn't sound right. We'll look into the auto saves (I assume you're talking about a Blackwood dedicated server)

In the meantime, if you are having issues with server saves, you can run the command cheat SaveWorld whenever you want a save. No need to take the server down and backup. 

Dollie, "cheat saveworld" and running a saveworld via RCON does not work either. My map hasn't been saved in 6 hours even though I'm getting the "world saved" confirmation. I confirmed this with a few other server owners. Apparently the only way to save the world is to run a doexit command, which of course reboots it. This is plain silly....

Actually @Jatheish, givediscozones doesnt work. Me and a friend figured it out any way.

enablecheats

cheat completequest 1655 YOURID!

for example mine was cheat completequest 1655 77202334

to get ur id do showmyadminmanager click your name and then a command on the right, execute and copy your userid 

1655 is veteran explorer. I can't find the questID for the cartographer. Hopefully one of u guys can find it! 

Edited by Ultrunz
  • Like 1

admins- after the patch a friend of mine told me they logged in today(tuesday), and they had to create a new char etc, but when they did the commands you said in the first post, they worked but some of the stations wasnt working correctly in a way they couldnt access them or anything

any ideas before we do a wipe????

8 hours ago, Ultrunz said:

Actually @Jatheish, givediscozones doesnt work. Me and a friend figured it out any way.

enablecheats

cheat completequest 1655 YOURID!

for example mine was cheat completequest 1655 77202334

to get ur id do showmyadminmanager click your name and then a command on the right, execute and copy your userid 

1655 is veteran explorer. I can't find the questID for the cartographer. Hopefully one of u guys can find it! 

Haha, thanks for the tip. News to me 🙂

6 hours ago, darkdaz said:

admins- after the patch a friend of mine told me they logged in today(tuesday), and they had to create a new char etc, but when they did the commands you said in the first post, they worked but some of the stations wasnt working correctly in a way they couldnt access them or anything

any ideas before we do a wipe????

Could you elaborate? Would they be able to take a video of what happens when they try to access the structure? I assume they have the permissions to do so? (inventory rank, etc)

will they had to restart a new char and completely make a new company, but then when they went use a station and yes they did learn engrams , it wouldnt let them, but they did a wipe anyway, and plus since the last patch,. my rendering has gone to bust it takes my pc 30 mins to render everything in, were it only used to 2 mins, ark is fine, and no its not my gpu, the game devs of atlas have broken alot of the settings and graphics ,. i think roll back would be called for as it was all workin on my pc fine the other day

Did a wipe after update didnt want to deal with admin commands as the were buggy for me. Fresh map looked all over now   i dont seem to have any SoD 

Second day in a row (Nitrado hosted Blackwood map), and ALL our players have to recreate their characters!!! Seriously, wth?? How are we supposed to play like this?

NOTE: the buildings, tames and ships are all still there, but no characters (even though we see our own bodies!!!) - we keep losing our imprint, and it's a major pain in the #$# to create a character every day

Mojoroc, everyone has the same issue. even when u do admin stuff, eg reclaim it all and with the same company name, doesnt always work, if the data is say a few days old or a week,. a wipe is recommended, and if u read the last patch notes carefully you know why and plus, the games save data has been changed thats why its all messed up

So people who wiped the server are ok now? I followed the steps @Jatheish laid out (have done it 3 times now)… scared what we will see in the morning