mojoroc

Blackwood resource questions

8 hours ago, Charles Denwood said:

I use Billboards to tame larger animals, Ive also had difficulty with the doorways. I’ve found the  hit box on rhinos and elephants standing near the stomach facing its head. 

I'll give billboards a try, instead of the door frames to see if we can get a rhino or elephant. 

Although...... We just installed our first mod, Market NPCs, and we can buy just about anything we need, including rhinos and elephants. I even think they're max tamed level when purchased.

We can even sell some resources for gold. 

• Like 1

Me and my buddies have started playing Blackwood on a private server. Have pretty much turned the south-central island into our primary hub by building a house in one of the pantheon buildings.  The central area with the fresh water is where we’re keeping our animals, except the pigs, which are kept in the next pantheon building over. (never go to a WAAAGH! without da boyz backing you up)

Anyway, been having a few problems with trying to find certain resources, like gems and oil.  Started a solo game and used cheat codes to fly around and explore, (slight annoyance in that Fly stops working the second you hit water, and ghost also doesn’t work in water) and successfully found crude oil on the north-central skull island (it’s kinda shaped like a cat’s-head on the map, I found the chocolate-chip cookie looking rocks on the “fang”.) while the mermaid city had crude oil rocks, mineral oil in coral, and emeralds just laying around.

And sharks.  All of the sharks.

Besides that, at a loss for where to find Shale Oil and Naptha, along with other gems besides Emerald.  Found crystals like Ruby and Tellurite at home base, (promptly built ramps up to the spots for ease of access) and we’re quite enjoying Blackwood besides needing to go over every island with a finetooth-comb for a resource version of Where’s Waldo.

Also note, clear cutting the trees on the western side of the pantheon and CAREFULLY making a ladder up to the roof of the western building makes for a great platform to provide covering fire for friends on the beach......or playing the “Tower in Texas” game with a carbine for bonus EXP from critters/hostiles running around on the beach.  And no, I will not apologize for that joke.

Edited by Tattoo
add-on
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Tattoo said:

Me and my buddies have started playing Blackwood on a private server. Have pretty much turned the south-central island into our primary hub by building a house in one of the pantheon buildings.  The central area with the fresh water is where we’re keeping our animals, except the pigs, which are kept in the next pantheon building over. (never go to a WAAAGH! without da boyz backing you up)

Anyway, been having a few problems with trying to find certain resources, like gems and oil.  Started a solo game and used cheat codes to fly around and explore, (slight annoyance in that Fly stops working the second you hit water, and ghost also doesn’t work in water) and successfully found crude oil on the north-central skull island (it’s kinda shaped like a cat’s-head on the map, I found the chocolate-chip cookie looking rocks on the “fang”.) while the mermaid city had crude oil rocks, mineral oil in coral, and emeralds just laying around.

And sharks.  All of the sharks.

Besides that, at a loss for where to find Shale Oil and Naptha, along with other gems besides Emerald.  Found crystals like Ruby and Tellurite at home base, (promptly built ramps up to the spots for ease of access) and we’re quite enjoying Blackwood besides needing to go over every island with a finetooth-comb for a resource version of Where’s Waldo.

Also note, clear cutting the trees on the western side of the pantheon and CAREFULLY making a ladder up to the roof of the western building makes for a great platform to provide covering fire for friends on the beach......or playing the “Tower in Texas” game with a carbine for bonus EXP from critters/hostiles running around on the beach.  And no, I will not apologize for that joke.

I wrote it down here and repeat it for you: Ruby and silvernodes are on the island in the east with the Cyclops on. There are two mountain peaks with these nodes.

Cactus and maize (corn) can be found on the island due south of freeport. Wheat is no where on any island.

Saw my first salt water fish today when we made landfall on Hydra island.

!. How do you kill the Hydra?

2. Why should I kill it?

3. What's that red force-field cave that I can't enter?

as far as I know the cave is the snake boss entrance, kill the hydra from a distance, loadsa youtube vids about it. and killing it enables you to unlock a powerstone.

On 8/29/2019 at 1:31 AM, Forb Hidden said:

I wrote it down here and repeat it for you: Ruby and silvernodes are on the island in the east with the Cyclops on. There are two mountain peaks with these nodes.

Oh, I found those before I did the solo cheating run around to find stuff, or try to.  Twas a bit funny because I was having doubts that I was on cyclops island, because I hadn’t seen a single one and I was running around there for awhile.

Then I climbed up to where the Ruby and Silver nodes were, fairly confident that I wasn’t on rhe cyclops island, because it MUST have been that smaller archipelago to the south east.  I went up one more level to the top of the mountain, saw a hulking mass of muscle and went, “NOPE NOPE NOPE, IT’S THIS ONE!  IT IS THIS ONE!”

Didn’t see me, thank god, ran back to my ship and went home with holds full of supplies which couldn’t be acquired at home base.

Blackwood came out so fast with a huge amount of bugs. We miss several resources and wildlife (like fish), silos don't work, claiming don't work, maps (big and minimap) are broken and lot of terrainbugs (like that "airbubble" at hydraisland-freeport). 

Now on the new roadmap they talk about the main focus is on the official servers. 

What does that mean to all blackwood players? 

Why didn't you, devs, wrote down any word about blackwood in your roadmap? It's a official map of your company (bought or not doesen't matter, you published it in your name) and it's fullfilled with bugs.

Please take note that a lot of people play on blackwood and they all feel loss now (way more than before).

• Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 1:58 AM, Forb Hidden said:

The idea with the merchant mod is not a bad one. 

But I'm sure after two weeks or more now we all know these missing things, that it will not take long again until they fix it.

For sure they will fix it asap... No wheat and no turnips is nothing to ignore.

I found: maize, rice, beans, potatoes, pepper, onions, chick peas, carrots, beet.

You wrote that you found cactus and chili. So then we miss edible greens, turnips and wheat.

Just found turnips on the Freeport Island, it's a really small patch

I found turnips on the skull island in the north. More on the northen side of the island you find lots of potatoes and between them is turnip too.

Alright, update on the resource hunting.  Copper, Silver, and Tin are in the common rocks spread around the arctic island to the north-west, along with Hemp Fibers, while the trees can drop Wetwood and Softwood...along with Darkwood but that’s from the Bamboo stalks growing in the arctic, along with giant patches growing straight out of the glaciers, lol.

Also, I found amethyst and Iridium nodes near the waterfalls an the arctic island.

Quick complaint: would SOMEONE clarify if they found PEPPERS OR CHILIS on Cyclops island?  Because those are two very different plants and I’m getting sick of looking all over the island trying to find CHILIS when it’s PEPPERS that can be found everywhere on that island.  So pics/proof or make it clear, because there’s a difference in regards to recipes and taming for which is which.

Also on island to the south-west, where the mermaid city/fountain of youth/powerstone pedestal things are, there are copper nodes near a swamp/pond just a little ways off the eastern beach.  No earthly idea WHY they put copper nodes there — let alone buried under a crapton of bushes and trees so you need a hatchet and scythe to expose them first — because copper is found on EVERY island, and putting one of the two most common metals in node form on the only island where you’re likely to get a fire-elemental proctology exam makes no sense to me...unless the devs are freaking trolling... -_-

Edited by Tattoo

Tattoo .... I don't think it's trolling, I think it's purely the map designer NOT having everything done in time and checking that every island's resources make sense.

"Uh OH! I need this map done by tomorrow and I know I'm short some resources. I'll throw a few here.. a few there... UH .. I guess that looks fine. OK... It's ready to be downloaded..... I'll fix any glaring issues soon and upload them when GS needs me to."

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hattrix said:

Tattoo .... I don't think it's trolling, I think it's purely the map designer NOT having everything done in time and checking that every island's resources make sense.

"Uh OH! I need this map done by tomorrow and I know I'm short some resources. I'll throw a few here.. a few there... UH .. I guess that looks fine. OK... It's ready to be downloaded..... I'll fix any glaring issues soon and upload them when GS needs me to."

Entirely possible. I think I read at one point  that ISO is a mother with small children. I have no idea if it’s true or not but it’s the sort of thing that could lead to the sort of thing you suggested when someone isn’t on the payroll and is behind. Actually I hope they paid her for all that work but who knows? The point is the same.

• Like 2

On 9/15/2019 at 8:27 AM, boomervoncannon said:

Entirely possible. I think I read at one point  that ISO is a mother with small children. I have no idea if it’s true or not but it’s the sort of thing that could lead to the sort of thing you suggested when someone isn’t on the payroll and is behind. Actually I hope they paid her for all that work but who knows? The point is the same.

Ever try to edit an Atlas map?

I was thinking about taking Blackwood and trying to "fix" what's broken, but I've never edited an Ark or Atlas map. I played around with a Ylands map editor, but I'm sure it's not the same LOL

Trolling Devs confirmed...

Me and a buddy used cheat single player maps to look around.  Know how you need a bunch of recipes/plants to tame the Shieldhorns and Razorteeth?  It was considered by me and my friends to be basically impossible because of how much is missing from Blackwood.

😑 Right up until a friend’s explorations revealed Wild Edible Greens on Powerstone Island (which we call death island because it would be less dangerous there if the atmosphere was composed of 90% cancer) and I found 2 (and at this point, ONLY 2) sap-giving maple trees on the Cyclops island to the south-east. The trees being on a huge mountain in the south-west corner of the island, and the Wild Greens were in similarly hard-to-reach locations on Death Island.

Also, beware the asset-reuse, because many identical plants give far different resources on different islands. One example, big green view-blocking bushes/near trees on Rome give Acerolla, while they give Roots on Cyclops island.

Plus side, I successfully bred and raised my first tiger!  SO FLUFFY!!!

Edited by Tattoo

I still get no hydra spawn, and now it's the same on the xbox. it must be a multiplier i'm adjusting or something.

31 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

I still get no hydra spawn, and now it's the same on the xbox. it must be a multiplier i'm adjusting or something.

We HAD the hydra spawn the first time we visited the island, but then on subsequent visits it seems to not spawn. 

1 hour ago, Tattoo said:

..... I found 2 (and at this point, ONLY 2) sap-giving maple trees on the Cyclops island to the south-east. The trees being on a huge mountain in the south-west corner of the island, and the Wild Greens were in similarly hard-to-reach locations on Death Island. 

I believe the Japanese/Hydra island has sap giving trees.

I was farming wood to build a pier by the pathway loaded with metal nodes, and when I looked at my inventory, I had some sap bottles. 

yeh on the hydra island where the first trader stands as you go up the steps from the freeport shore, next to him is a sap tree.

Edited by Whitehawk

On 10/11/2019 at 1:46 PM, Whitehawk said:

yeh on the hydra island where the first trader stands as you go up the steps from the freeport shore, next to him is a sap tree.

Huh. Good to know...

Okay, at this point I am willing to give the devs the benefit of the doubt on certain resources existing on the Blackwood map, but IT WOULD BE NICE if they would TELL US whether or not those resources really are missing or not.  Hint.  Freaking.  HINT.

Wheat, poppy, chilies, and maybe some others are the big ones.  I found Cobalt and Coquina, only because of a pain in the a$$ rock-elemental that tried to smash up our Death Island base.

Plus side, a buddy found an easier location to snag wild edible green seeds from, and another found beans and onions on arena island (north-east), so now we can grow all EXCEPT ONE of the plants needed to tame shieldhorns.  Which means taming one would require RNG being merciful on us, which, Ha-ha-ha, NO.

by that trader on hydra freeport there is a vegetable garden with potatoes and strawberries, and just the other side of the river/turn right after the first bridge is maise or wheat.

1 hour ago, Kahlan Amnell said:

Is coquina only available from rock elementals on Blackwood map? I cannot seem to find and commodities traders in the towns.

Like someone said, the trader is by the vegetable garden. He is not at the dock, he is at the "town" by the swamp.

22 hours ago, wildbill said:

Like someone said, the trader is by the vegetable garden. He is not at the dock, he is at the "town" by the swamp.

So you are talking about Freeport Island in the center of the Blackwood map? I was searching the town on the East end of King's Arena.