mojoroc

Blackwood resource questions

If anyone has had success, plz share. We haven't found the following:

Wheat - there is a patch on the freeport that likely should have been wheat but only gives straw

Chilis

Cobalt

Bunch of the oils (have only found fish, crude, blubber... no shale, mineral, naptha)

Obsidian

Bunch of gems (only found rubies so far)

1 hour ago, mojoroc said:

Also haven't found a resource merchant yet either =(

The oil thing will matter for high quality firearms. Not sure lack of gems matters all that much unless someone gets their hands on higher quality sub bp. Don’t think there is anything else you make with gems otherwise where higher quality matters.

Emeralds under the water near the Powerstone island, as well had one of the oils down there and a few other things I cant remember, I was just speed picking through to see what was there because, its scary down there.. stopping would been a baaad thing.

7 hours ago, Liatni said:

Emeralds under the water near the Powerstone island, as well had one of the oils down there and a few other things I cant remember, I was just speed picking through to see what was there because, its scary down there.. stopping would been a baaad thing.

Go back in a diving suit. 😀

We have added NPC Merchant mod for now to fill the gaps... it's working well for us for now

No, Have not found any Wheat yet. General thoughts are the Patch of what looks like wheat in freeport, (the ones that gives straw) is supposed to be wheat.

So far We've found:

Main Freeport island: Potatoes, Beets, Carrots, Rice.  Copper, Iron, Tin, Crystal.

Cyclops Island West of Freeport: Peppers (chilies). Silver. Rubies.

Tropical Island due south of Freeport: Cactus, Maize (corn).

That's all we have explored so far.

There are definitely some issues with resources not being what they should. I know the patch you're talking about in the Freeport that should be wheat.

There's also one row of crops in the potato/carrot/beet farm that you can't harvest; I wonder if that is supposed to be turnips.

Everything that looks like Acai berries actually gives fiber.

The reddish nodes on the beach of the Freeport show crystal when you look at them with H, but actually give salt.

The only "pure" metal nodes I have found are Tin. I've only gotten other metals in small amounts by mining normal rocks.

A LOT of plants that look like fiber nodes actually give berries.

On 8/16/2019 at 5:38 PM, Esheon said:

There's also one row of crops in the potato/carrot/beet farm that you can't harvest; I wonder if that is supposed to be turnips.

I think I know the row. It's the carrots and I can only harvest it by hand. Using a sickle does not work.

The idea with the merchant mod is not a bad one. 

But I'm sure after two weeks or more now we all know these missing things, that it will not take long again until they fix it.

For sure they will fix it asap... No wheat and no turnips is nothing to ignore.

I found: maize, rice, beans, potatoes, pepper, onions, chick peas, carrots, beet.

You wrote that you found cactus and chili. So then we miss edible greens, turnips and wheat.

Hydra island freeport has maize, also I found tin nodes, rice and calcite in the same area. Such a shame we haven't got the oriental skin to build with.

I've been trying to use beets and wheat to tame elephants and there seems to be no way to tame them.....E to feed doesn't work. Am I using the wrong food?

@Hattrix where you have find wheat? I can tame elephants i tamed it with red beet because i have no wheat still searching ............

2 hours ago, satyrus said:

@Hattrix where you have find wheat? I can tame elephants i tamed it with red beet because i have no wheat still searching ............

Sorry to get your hopes up ..... I used Admin commands to give me wheat seeds and my friend grew the wheat. Since it's nowhere in the game (which is unacceptable) we felt it was OK to use Admin cheat codes to give ourselves what the developers messed up.

Maidwick Northwest Island

Metal
Sliver
Iridium (Nodes)

Fiber
Hemp
cotton
straw
bamboo

Woods
softwood
darkwood
wetwood

Crystal
Amethyst

Berries
bilberries

Medical Plant
Licorice

At Land Norhern Middle Island

Metal
copper
iron
tin (nodes)

coal
sulfur

Wood
agedwood
strongwood

Thatch
fronds
bark

Fiber
Straw

Foods
coconuts
parsley
wild rice

Skullclap Northern Island nex to Hydra

Woods
lightwood
softwood
wetwood

Thatch
roots
reeds
rushes

Crystal
Tellurite
amethyst

foods
biblerries
raspberries
lignonberries

fiber
straw
Metal
tin (nodes)

• Like 1

where did you find the amethyst on the skull island, I got a base there and I haven't found any.

Looking for Coquina, I’ve circled the map about 5 times hitting every island including the mermaid city with no luck does anyone know where to find it? 

4 hours ago, Hairbear said:

Did you try coconuts on the elephant?  

It seems like more of a hit box issue than a food problem. I can't find a safe place to stand to feed the elephant or rhino. And if I do find a spot, the animal won't take the food.

Could it be that the animal's head and torso are clipping into the fence/doorway and that's preventing it from taking the food? 

5 hours ago, Hattrix said:

It seems like more of a hit box

I use Billboards to tame larger animals, Ive also had difficulty with the doorways. I’ve found the  hit box on rhinos and elephants standing near the stomach facing its head. 

Ok dear friends... Wasn't your mother there to tell you not to lie?! We miss a lot of resources and would like to build and construct improved stuff. Also a few vegetables still are missing.

Please fix this finally (blackwood is out now a while...) or change your announcement:

• Resource-rich islands complete with every material from the core game.